how did i get killed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Afgan_the_Black #21 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 14:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The sighting/detection system works fine! People just don't comprehend how it works or will not accept it's working correctly when they get killed by someone they can't see.... they simply don't understand how to make use of it!  If we end up with a system to please these people, that will mean ANYONE who fires at them will become visible..... presumably even if they are 500m+ away with numerous bushes in between! and yes..... people can possibly see you in excess of 500m if you're being lit up by someone much closer and there are no intervening objects/bushes. (I know this as I have killed a JT with a Tiger from around 600m across Malinovka while using binocs and with friendlies in there camp)

The Devs announced an update for it yes, but the fundamental way it works will not change.  They are adding more check area's to each tank model for more effective sighting but it wont make any difference to the basic sighting system or for people who use bushes, range and scouts correctly.

During Beta, I daily used a Leopard with Camo Net, Binocs & Enhanced Optics to devastating effect (on the right maps of course), and I made stacks of xp and rarely fired many shots.  I was simply earning most of it from people hitting targets that they would not be able to see without me being sat motionless in a bush. (you get xp for damage done, by others, to targets that they can only see because YOU are spotting them)

If you are being hit by someone you can't see then move!  Forward if you have support, somewhere close to get cover or believe there to be little opposition, or move back if no support, if you believe there to be plenty of opposition or simply to break the enemy's visual on you by adding more distance between you. (this is obviously a decision that is made in the 'heat-of-battle' with whatever info you have at the time....sometimes right....sometimes wrong, that's the way it goes)

And moving a turret DOES NOT break camo.

I honestly believe the basics of the sighting system works perfectly fine.

SkeletonDenial #22 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28604 battles
I have actually shot into common hiding places (bushes) on maps that people (ALWAYS) hide in and have gotten hits that way, even tho it looked like no one was there.

Afgan_the_Black #23 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 15:27

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yeah Skel, I've had the odd kill that way too, especially using arty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users