Language (wanna use Russian game client on NA servers)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

w8m1rrr #1 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 05:37

Private

• Players
  • 3084 battles

Hello people. Can you help me with my issue?

I am a Russian speaker who living in US now (Automatically first i installed ENG game client and start playing on NA servers). So i wanna play wot on russian (just more comfortable for me). When i start launcher there is a lot of languages except russian... I am thinking, this is funny bc i know game is from Belarus and they speaking russian. So i starting asking about this in web. It turn that i have to instail game from russian web site's part so then it will be on russian (download russian launcher). Oright, i did it. After that, you wount belive... If i instailed game from russian launcher i can't play on NA servers (that's kinda fine) BUT i just can't use my account because apperently, they have different account on ru and other servers... Even thought they saying like "you can use ur WARgaming expirience in any wargaming game". i can't even use same acc for same game on their servers! 

Could you help me to figure this out? How can i play with russian client on NA servers OR just play with ru client using my account which i made on NA (which doesn't work for RU region). Now i will try to use "World of Tanks Launcher (Region Editor)" 

i hope it will work. I don't wanna create a new acc just because i want to play on other language, i am not a pro but still it is unfair to start over. And i can't ask this on russian forum because... yeah. bc i don't have russian account... OMG

So bloody complicated =( Why can't i just play this nice game on my own language and on lang which was used by developers to made it. Why all this complications? Sorry for my english btw :) 

RealSnowBird #2 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 05:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7267 battles
  • [SLOW] SLOW

I thought this game was supported on pretty much all languages.. Just checked and saw I was very wrong. I dunno what to say. Wargaming America needs to step up their game.

Does the RU client allow the English language to be used?

EDIT:

Try sending in a ticket to the fabulous Wargaming America support team, here's a link!

https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Edited by RealSnowBird, Mar 30 2014 - 05:44.

Pirate_with_rum #3 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 05:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 12697 battles

A few things. Soon WG will introduce roaming for people like you so you can play on the Russian servers or whatever. Also, there may be language mod packs out there for you, and if you cannot find them try sending a ticket into support, they may be able to help. As for posting on the RU forums, just create an account for posting, it wont hurt. 

As for the client being only in English and other languages, its because this is the North American server, there arent many native Russian speakers out here.

Good Luck mate! :honoring:

Edited by Pirate_with_rum, Mar 30 2014 - 05:45.

Benjeeh_CA #4 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 05:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30714 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
if you download the russian client or find the fill you can replace the lc_messages folder with the russian one and you language will change i did that so i can use english on russian servers

SerP60 #5 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 06:22

Private

• Players
  • 4470 battles
  • [UA] UA
You came to America that play and use English. If you want to speak russian to find russian player. Or you have to complain to Putin about our language problem. He will occupy the place where you are, like he did in Ukraine.

SerP60 #6 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 06:24

Private

• Players
  • 4470 battles
  • [UA] UA
a bad joke!

LeoXiao #7 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 07:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11871 battles
  • [MUP] MUP

Having the game in Russian would be interesting, since I'm trying to learn it. 

I had a similar problem, namely that sometimes I want to be able to write Chinese characters, and in order to do so I have to install the Japanese version of the game (I still want my client in English though). Does anyone know where the character fonts are stored and how I might transplant them to the English version? 

Benjeeh_CA #8 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 07:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30714 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

View PostLeoXiao, on Mar 29 2014 - 23:01, said:

Having the game in Russian would be interesting, since I'm trying to learn it. 

I had a similar problem, namely that sometimes I want to be able to write Chinese characters, and in order to do so I have to install the Japanese version of the game (I still want my client in English though). Does anyone know where the character fonts are stored and how I might transplant them to the English version? 

where ever you installed wot -  \res\text\lc_messages  that is the text in game swap those .mo files with the language you want

edit: if you download say the russian server you can swap the .mo files  out to swap languages english -russian vice - versa

Edited by Jenn0Side, Mar 30 2014 - 07:14.

LeoXiao #9 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 07:19

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11871 battles
  • [MUP] MUP

Yeah but that's only where the ingame messages are, not the actual font that you use when you write something in the chat or in a platoon. 

If you're writing Chinese characters in the Japanese version, it displays them normally, but in the English version, they are only boxes. This indicates that in the Japanese version, there is a font that the English version doesn't have. I am asking what file this font is stored in. 

Benjeeh_CA #10 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 07:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30714 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

Ill have to look into that however you can change your computers keyboard settings to other languages for eg changing it to russian привет. And that works in game just tested

Edit: how to do that is dependent on you OS i use windows 8 and it was really simple, just look up how to change keyboard language for your OS

Edited by Jenn0Side, Mar 30 2014 - 07:46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users