• Please log in to reply
1184 replies to this topic

Reloder_Leaked #1121 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 2442 battles
  • [_IA_] _IA_

View PostMaxwell_Simon, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:55, said:

Anyone knows why I can not install in the half way?I have already moved the app in to the app folder and clicked it, but nothing happen after that.

That is a fresh install from https://worldoftanks.../game/download/ .

___Jeffrey___ #1122 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 19:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34802 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

Hello all!

I was previously running the Mac wrapper on a Late-2012 model iMac with the latest MacOS. That machine blew its logic board, so I ran down to Costco and bought this new 2019 model iMac (specs below). 

The wrapper ran perfectly and without a hitch on the old Late 2012 model. I restored from backup onto the new computer and it ran for 3-4 matches and then the next match would load the match, drop me into the tank and then the graphics would go wonky and FPS drop to 5 and I had to exit and restart the client.

So I deleted the restored installation and did a fresh install of the Mac version from the WoT site. At High resolution I was getting about 25 fps and it was crashing more frequently in the manner described above. I dropped the resolution to Medium and it now give the same 3-4 matches before the graphics go wonky and I have to quit and restart. An additional new behavior is that sometimes during the match it just freezes and then drops to desktop. 

I'm assuming this behavior is memory leaks with the 32-bit wine bottle, but if anyone has any suggestions to restore my former perfect functioning (and my sanity), I would be superterrifically grateful!

This literally only started with the new 2019 model iMac and the same version of MacOS my old Late 2012 was running. 

Thank you!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - Technical Specifications

Display

• Retina 5K display
  • 27-inch (diagonal) Retina 5K display
  • 5120‑by‑2880 resolution with support for one billion colors

Processor

• 3.1GHz
  • 3.1GHz 6‑core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz)

Memory

• 3.1GHz
  • 8GB (two 4GB) of 2666MHz DDR4 memory; four SO-DIMM slots, user accessible
    Configurable to 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB

Storage1

• 3.1GHz
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
    Configurable to 2TB or 3TB Fusion Drive or 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB SSD

Graphics

• 3.1GHz
  • Radeon Pro 575X with 4GB of VRAM

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Jun 14 2019 - 07:31.

ScoutingForGirls #1123 Posted Jun 18 2019 - 17:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 7 battles

Missing text in store/depot/frontlines pages.  Images present but no text at all.

See http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/606630-has-anyone-found-a-solution-to-this-bug-yet-macos-related/

Not stopping me from playing but tricky to deal with.

Looks like I'm going to have to install bootcamp again :(

ISNomads #1124 Posted Jun 19 2019 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 39441 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Jun 13 2019 - 10:56, said:

Hello all!

I was previously running the Mac wrapper on a Late-2012 model iMac with the latest MacOS. That machine blew its logic board, so I ran down to Costco and bought this new 2019 model iMac (specs below). 

The wrapper ran perfectly and without a hitch on the old Late 2012 model. I restored from backup onto the new computer and it ran for 3-4 matches and then the next match would load the match, drop me into the tank and then the graphics would go wonky and FPS drop to 5 and I had to exit and restart the client....

Yeah, I am starting to notice the occasional drop to very low FPS with 8-bit looking graphics. Sometimes you can minimize the client, wait a second, then restore it and the issue will go away. Most of the time, restarting the client works. It can basically mean you are near useless in affected battles.

This is a regression because the issue was present a few releases ago, then went away, now is back in 1.5 with the latest wrapper.

Edited by ISNomads, Jun 19 2019 - 17:00.

CaptJimmy #1125 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 22:09

Private

• Players
  • 15603 battles
I just did the update to the Game Center (305Mg), and now my game center will not launch at all.  The logo shows in the dock for about 2 seconds, and then it disappears and nothing happens.  Did anyone else have this issue?  Do I need to delete it all and reinstall the wrapper, etc?

black_colt #1126 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 21:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostCaptJimmy, on Jun 20 2019 - 13:09, said:

I just did the update to the Game Center (305Mg), and now my game center will not launch at all.  The logo shows in the dock for about 2 seconds, and then it disappears and nothing happens.  Did anyone else have this issue?  Do I need to delete it all and reinstall the wrapper, etc?

There was a recent update to the WoT Mac Wrapper which corrects some issues with Game Center [IIRC is was early this week]

If you have not launched the Game Center I recommend that you do to see if there is an update - sometimes it gets hidden behind other windows so I recommend that you hide all other windows.

Something else I noticed is that when you install Game Center that the HD Client is now available.  Have not had the chance to see what the differences are since I have a Retina display.

MAC_JD #1127 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 23:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3648 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 27 2019 - 21:35, said:

There was a recent update to the WoT Mac Wrapper which corrects some issues with Game Center [IIRC is was early this week]

If you have not launched the Game Center I recommend that you do to see if there is an update - sometimes it gets hidden behind other windows so I recommend that you hide all other windows.

Something else I noticed is that when you install Game Center that the HD Client is now available.  Have not had the chance to see what the differences are since I have a Retina display.

I installed the update today and didn’t see a change. Still can’t see the store. I didn’t notice the HD option, I’ll log back in and check. 

black_colt #1128 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 21:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostMAC_JD, on Jun 27 2019 - 14:13, said:

I installed the update today and didn’t see a change. Still can’t see the store. I didn’t notice the HD option, I’ll log back in and check. 

Click on [Game Options] in the World of Tanks tab and you should see it there to the right of the SD Client selection.

MAC_JD #1129 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 23:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3648 battles
Same issues, no HD. 

black_colt #1130 Posted Jun 29 2019 - 20:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostMAC_JD, on Jun 28 2019 - 14:44, said:

Same issues, no HD. 

Really I just battled with the HD Client this morning.

Here is my installation history that may help:

Have WoT Mac Wrapper already installed

Downloaded the World of Warships Mac Wrapper and started installation. The Game Center was installed and it asked if I wanted to import World of Tanks and I let it import.

After letting the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper finish updating I checked [Game Settings] on the World of Tanks tab and I was able to select the HD Client.

Hope this helps

MAC_JD #1131 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 02:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3648 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 29 2019 - 20:23, said:

Really I just battled with the HD Client this morning.

Here is my installation history that may help:

Have WoT Mac Wrapper already installed

Downloaded the World of Warships Mac Wrapper and started installation. The Game Center was installed and it asked if I wanted to import World of Tanks and I let it import.

After letting the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper finish updating I checked [Game Settings] on the World of Tanks tab and I was able to select the HD Client.

Hope this helps

I got WGC downloaded and running.  I have the HD option now - BUT - it says I need an additional 5 gigs of space and will not download the additional files needed.  I have 26 gig available on my hard drive.

Any thoughts?

MAC_JD #1132 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3648 battles

Ok so I exited, relaunched and wala - HD is available.  I selected, downloaded the extra files and it ran in HD mode.  It was sluggish and jerky.  It also looked cartoonish so I lowered the resolutions to minimal and it works fine again.  Downloading WGC also fixed the issues I was having in the store and frontline where only graphics displayed, no text.

I have notice with my MAC that my fan comes on pretty quickly and it runs hot the entire time I am playing.  I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.

Any recommendations on changes to my settings to make the game run better?

black_colt #1133 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostMAC_JD, on Jun 30 2019 - 10:53, said:

Ok so I exited, relaunched and wala - HD is available.  I selected, downloaded the extra files and it ran in HD mode.  It was sluggish and jerky.  It also looked cartoonish so I lowered the resolutions to minimal and it works fine again.  Downloading WGC also fixed the issues I was having in the store and frontline where only graphics displayed, no text.

I have notice with my MAC that my fan comes on pretty quickly and it runs hot the entire time I am playing.  I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.

It is a reasonable conclusion that the HD Client may run slower due to amount of data being displayed versus the SD Client especially since you do not have a dedicated video card in your MBP.

Two things:

Better performance

You will need to tweak the graphics settings until you find one that gives what you believe is a good balance between how the game looks and FPS.  Each hardware setup and user are different.  Use 802.11ac if connecting with WiFi - a direct Ethernet connection is best.  Keep your MBP plugged in and not run from battery only.

Cooling

I recommend that you look at Mac Fan Control from Crystalidea.  I have been running it, for what seems like forever, on my Apple-branded hardware [dual-boot with macOS and MS Windows - play WoT on both OSes - although I may delete MS Windows since it appears that the Test Client will be available through Game Center now] and it is easy to set up and understand.

Recommend that you only play the game with your MBP plugged into the power supply and not run from battery only. Set up Macs Fan Control with a Sensor-based value as [GPU Diode] 45C to 54C.  Yes your fans will come on earlier but you should not get any CPU throttling due to high temps. 

Your mileage will vary … but I am confident it will help.

Edited by black_colt, Jun 30 2019 - 22:05.

MAC_JD #1134 Posted Jun 30 2019 - 22:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3648 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 30 2019 - 22:02, said:

It is a reasonable conclusion that the HD Client may run slower due to amount of data being displayed versus the SD Client especially since you do not have a dedicated video card in your MBP.

Two things:

Better performance

You will need to tweak the graphics settings until you find one that gives what you believe is a good balance between how the game looks and FPS.  Each hardware setup and user are different.  Use 802.11ac if connecting with WiFi - a direct Ethernet connection is best.  Keep your MBP plugged in and not run from battery only.

Cooling

I recommend that you look at Mac Fan Control from Crystalidea.  I have been running it, for what seems like forever, on my Apple-branded hardware [dual-boot with macOS and MS Windows - play WoT on both OSes - although I may delete MS Windows since it appears that the Test Client will be available through Game Center now] and it is easy to set up and understand.

Recommend that you only play the game with your MBP plugged into the power supply and not run from battery only. Set up Macs Fan Control with a Sensor-based value as [GPU Diode] 45C to 54C.  Yes your fans will come on earlier but you should not get any CPU throttling due to high temps. 

Your mileage will vary … but I am confident it will help.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep playing with the setting to see what works best.  I only play connected to shore power, I learned that the hard way.  The fan controller is interesting never thought of that, I will if it helps.

___Jeffrey___ #1135 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 02:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34802 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

View PostMAC_JD, on Jun 30 2019 - 19:53, said:

How did you download Game Center into the Wine Bottle? Thanks!

black_colt #1136 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 02:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostMAC_JD, on Jun 30 2019 - 13:57, said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep playing with the setting to see what works best.  I only play connected to shore power, I learned that the hard way.  The fan controller is interesting never thought of that, I will if it helps.

Welcome.

Please let the Forum know what settings you settled on and why - e.g. these settings get me 60 FPS and you get a realistic looking environment - so that they can learn from your work.

black_colt #1137 Posted Jul 01 2019 - 02:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Jun 30 2019 - 17:41, said:

How did you download Game Center into the Wine Bottle? Thanks!

You do not - download the World of Warships Mac Wrapper and install.  The Game Center should see that you have World of Tanks installed and ask if you want to import it.  Import it.

Quit and reopen the WoT Game Center Wrapper and you should see World of Tanks as one of the tabs.  Go to Game Settings, select HD, and let the Game Center download and update WoT.

___Jeffrey___ #1138 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 00:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34802 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 01 2019 - 02:45, said:

You do not - download the World of Warships Mac Wrapper and install.  The Game Center should see that you have World of Tanks installed and ask if you want to import it.  Import it.

Quit and reopen the WoT Game Center Wrapper and you should see World of Tanks as one of the tabs.  Go to Game Settings, select HD, and let the Game Center download and update WoT.

Did as BC suggested and am now able to see the Store! Thanks so much, BC!

Comes with a whole host of new issues related to my first report, i.e. graphics dropping to blocky 8-bit and FPS dropping to ~5. Seems the Game Center client adds another layer of exception catching — rather than dropping into a bugged game, it traps it and reports a driver error and closes the client. Actually, a good thing, because I can restart the client and get back into the match much, much sooner. However, another new bug is a hard lock of the game client (not obviously related to the graphics thing) which requires a Force Quit from the Activity Manager. 

I'm going to keep playing and keep reporting, since my CD drive is out on loan and I can't load Windows into Boot Camp at the moment. 

Thanks again, BC, and the grooviest gang at CodeWeavers!

___Jeffrey___ #1139 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 01:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34802 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

This error is popping occasionally now — as if the game client is messaging the server and not seeing the Game Center running, even though you see Game Center in the background. 

(Hmm, can't post screenshots?) 

Okay, it says, "The Wargaming.net Game Center application is required. Please download and install the application from wargaming.net"

___Jeffrey___ #1140 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 01:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34802 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

Here's the video error that it now pops rather than dropping into the weird, chunky 8-bit and 5 FPS…

"A video card error has occurred. 

This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try updating the drivers, 

check the video card settings or restart the game."

From here I can close and restart the game client. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users