1190 replies to this topic

___Jeffrey___ #1161 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 23:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Aug 07 2019 - 21:40, said:

My iMac:             #1122      

MacOS: 10.14.6

It's a brand new 2019 Model iMac, which is why I'm certain there's something going on with the MacOS driver for the new Radeon and the wrapper. 

No joy.

Complete deletion of the entire installation. Complete reinstallation from a fresh download.

Very first game completed and then the EXACT same freeze-up at Updating the Garage…

And, again, not a "not responding" crash, still taking up CPU, but it is hung on this screen. 

___Jeffrey___ #1162 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 00:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Aug 07 2019 - 23:38, said:

No joy.

Complete deletion of the entire installation. Complete reinstallation from a fresh download.

Very first game completed and then the EXACT same freeze-up at Updating the Garage…

And, again, not a "not responding" crash, still taking up CPU, but it is hung on this screen. 

Okay, getting somewhat more consistent behavior now. It's now only doing two things out of the list of symptoms I first presented. 

It either 1) "hangs" on the "Updating the Garage…" transition coming out of a match or 2) it successfully cycles back to the garage and let's me start a new match, however, when it's on the teams screen and transitions to loading the map it then pops the "A video card error has occurred. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try updating the drivers, check the video card settings or restart the game."

https://photos.app.g...fo1ZeuxNMaLsLy6

And the more I keep playing, it appears that the ratio of symptom #1 to symptom #2 is about 1:10. 

It's almost playable! I can at least restart after the match-loading crash and pretty much be back in at the start of the match and if it usually cycles back to the garage successfully, well, I can apply the bonus. 

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Aug 16 2019 - 22:24.

___Jeffrey___ #1163 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 00:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Aug 08 2019 - 00:42, said:

It either 1) "hangs" on the "Updating the Garage…" transition coming out of a match or 2) it successfully cycles back to the garage and let's me start a new match, however, when it's on the teams screen loading the match it then pops the "A video card error has occurred. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try updating the drivers, check the video card settings or restart the game."

I should also add (though I don't know if this information is helpful, but it does puzzle me) that when it does the "hang" on Updating the Garage… transition that doesn't actually cause the client to stop responding to the system in Activity Monitor, it also doesn't respond to a plain process 'Quit' either. You must use 'Force Quit'. So it appears to be a true zombie process at that point — there's nothing from the OS's perspective that leads it to believe it's dead and it's still sucking up CPU, but you have to shoot it in the head to actually kill it (zombie reference – couldn't help myself…;)

Alan_Hunt #1164 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 13:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 573 battles
I'm from Russia. I have NA accaunt: Alan_Hunt, login: red24.02.1982@gmail.com . I used this account with Windows 4-5 years ago. I removed the RU client from my macbook today. And downloaded NA client from the site https://worldoftanks.../game/download/ . But from the boot file, the client with the RU menu is installed. And not included in the account Alan_Hunt.

AceofBlackDirt #1165 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 15:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7063 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAlan_Hunt, on Aug 09 2019 - 07:52, said:

I'm from Russia. I have NA accaunt: Alan_Hunt, login: red24.02.1982@gmail.com . I used this account with Windows 4-5 years ago. I removed the RU client from my macbook today. And downloaded NA client from the site https://worldoftanks.../game/download/ . But from the boot file, the client with the RU menu is installed. And not included in the account Alan_Hunt.

Not sure I understand the question or is your post a general comment?

Alan_Hunt #1166 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 09:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 573 battles

View PostAceofBlackDirt, on Aug 09 2019 - 15:37, said:

Not sure I understand the question or is your post a general comment?

Why is the RU client installed from the installation file NA?

AceofBlackDirt #1167 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 12:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7063 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAlan_Hunt, on Aug 11 2019 - 03:11, said:

Why is the RU client installed from the installation file NA?

I installed the game from Wargameing.net site . This includes the wrapper ( which is transparent ) . I do not know of a unique NA version or download of the game.

Be sure all the remnants of the old wrapper are gone before you install the new one. Instruction above in this thread.

Results of this procedure ahve been good almost accross teh board , except for some backlevel or unique hardware mac users.

Good luck

1962Rebel #1168 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 23:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 9633 battles
I have the new iMac with 40 GB RAM and Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB Vram....Crashing and locking up.  Even on Medium setting.

___Jeffrey___ #1169 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 00:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Post1962Rebel, on Aug 12 2019 - 23:10, said:

I have the new iMac with 40 GB RAM and Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB Vram....Crashing and locking up.  Even on Medium setting.

Yup. 

That's the current dilemma. 

If you have a Model iMac19,1 it will not run WoT in the CodeWeavers wrapper. 

No solution presently. 

(Actually, we can probably generically say any Apple hardware with any Radeon Pro 580X)

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Aug 13 2019 - 00:39.

Crazy_Crusher #1170 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 06:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6458 battles
  • [AAAF] AAAF
macos 10.15 gets released very soon and won't be compatible with the current 32-bit wrapper. Where can I download a 64-bit wrapper?

Edited by Crazy_Crusher, Aug 13 2019 - 06:19.

___Jeffrey___ #1171 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 19:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View PostCrazy_Crusher, on Aug 13 2019 - 06:17, said:

macos 10.15 gets released very soon and won't be compatible with the current 32-bit wrapper. Where can I download a 64-bit wrapper?

I get the feeling they're planning on abandoning the MacOS wrapper entirely…

black_colt #1172 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 20:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Aug 17 2019 - 10:02, said:

I get the feeling they're planning on abandoning the MacOS wrapper entirely…

So you expect a company to publicly release the WoT Mac Wrapper based on a constantly changing UNRELEASED version of macOS?

Have you ever been involved in software testing?

Stop being Chicken Little as the sky is NOT falling ...

black_colt #1173 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 20:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View PostCrazy_Crusher, on Aug 12 2019 - 21:17, said:

So you expect a company to publicly release the WoT Mac Wrapper based on a constantly changing UNRELEASED version of macOS?

___Jeffrey___ #1174 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 20:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 17 2019 - 20:36, said:

I wasn't stating any kind of expectation. My feeling is that it will be abandoned. 

And, yes, I have been in the software field for 35 years. 

And, yes, the sky has already fallen. The current version of the wrapper does not work with the released version of MacOS and any Radeon 580 Apple hardware. 

And, lastly, I'm not sure why you're jumping down my throat. I've done nothing but actively and laboriously test and report my results to this forum in a good faith. 

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Aug 17 2019 - 20:52.

black_colt #1175 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 17:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View Post___Jeffrey___, on Aug 17 2019 - 11:44, said:

I wasn't stating any kind of expectation. My feeling is that it will be abandoned. 

And, yes, I have been in the software field for 35 years. 

And, yes, the sky has already fallen. The current version of the wrapper does not work with the released version of MacOS and any Radeon 580 Apple hardware. 

And, lastly, I'm not sure why you're jumping down my throat. I've done nothing but actively and laboriously test and report my results to this forum in a good faith. 

I am sure that there are many individuals with the RADEON 580X that not experiencing your issue otherwise we would seen quite a few posts saying that the WoT Mac Wrapper does not work for them.

No - only the sky has fallen for you.  Have you raised a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers?   If not, then I strongly recommend that you do.  Here is the URL - https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

They immediately [within a business day] have responded to me when I have raised them over the years.

___Jeffrey___ #1176 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 20:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 18 2019 - 17:56, said:

I am sure that there are many individuals with the RADEON 580X that not experiencing your issue otherwise we would seen quite a few posts saying that the WoT Mac Wrapper does not work for them.

No - only the sky has fallen for you.  Have you raised a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers?   If not, then I strongly recommend that you do.  Here is the URL - https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

They immediately [within a business day] have responded to me when I have raised them over the years.

We've seen two so far and I imagine not a lot of people are racing out and buying a new iMac and installing WoT. How many reports do you need before it's a valid issue? The errors we're seeing are pretty explicit. 

___Jeffrey___ #1177 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 20:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 18 2019 - 17:56, said:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

Thanks for the link. I will report back with their answer. 

Texas_Vet #1178 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 15:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2311 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

View PostAlan_Hunt, on Aug 09 2019 - 13:52, said:

I believe you will need a separate installation of the client.  Search for a utility that will clean either WoT or WoW.  That will remove all of the files associated with those Wargaming solutions.  Then download the client from the NA WoT source.

___Jeffrey___ #1179 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 20:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

ATTENTION: iMac Models iMac19,1 

Here is the response from CodeWeavers Support. There are a few things to note: 1) this uninstall script, in addition to being very handy, also goes quite a ways deeper than instructions you've read on how to manually uninstall and, if you're interested in MacOS apps, it's pretty interesting, 2) these installation links do not use the packages you're familiar with downloading from the WarGaming site, 3) these install only the Game Center, so when you launch it you'll get an error that nothing's installed; don't worry, just continue on to the Game Center and then install WoT, 4) the version of the wrapper that I was using with the WoT download on the WoT site was v3.1.9; this installs v3.1.11, and 5) @Crazy_Crusher this is still a 32-bit app; I did not raise the question of when a 64-bit will be available, though I know that WINE is now 64-bit. Lastly, and sadly, it still doesn't work. It works better, but every couple of matches you'll still get the "A video card error has occurred." error and you'll still get the occasional unresponsive 'hang' that will require a 'Force Quit'. I am still in dialog with CodeWeaver's support and will keep you updated, but as this does represent a change I wanted to put it out here. 

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for writing us. You should be able to get the game working again if you completely remove it using our uninstall script, then reinstall through the Wargaming.net Game Center client.

You can download the script from https://www.codeweav...uninstaller.zip using the access code 'oem'. Unzip it if that doesn’t happen automatically. Your computer will most likely block the script from running the first time you try to open it. If this does happen, you can get around that by opening System Preferences > Security and Privacy and clicking on the Open Anyway button near the bottom of the window.

After the script runs, you will see a notification in the top right corner of the screen. At this point you can empty the trash, reboot the computer, then reinstall the game through the Game Center at one of the following links:

http://redirect.warg..._Install_NA.dmg
http://redirect.warg..._Install_EU.dmg
http://redirect.warg..._Install_RU.dmg

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if you continue to see issues after this.

Thanks,
CodeWeavers Support

___Jeffrey___ #1180 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 21:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35075 battles

More from CodeWeaver Support: (I think he's referring to WoWS and not WoW and I wonder how WoWS went to the 64-bit, but WoT is still on 32?)

Jeffrey,

No problem. I do have a hunch the crashes is due to the fact WOT 32-bit. WoW's had the similar problem but since it went to 64-bit there are hardly any reports of crashing.

Regards,
CodeWeavers Support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users