Jump to content


Anyone willing to whip up a "Star Wars: Republic Commando" mod pack?

Star_Wars Republic_Commando Mod Voice_Pack Music_Pack Crew_Icon_Set HUD_Remodel

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

M477145_N1l550n #1 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

First and foremost, I just need to know if anyone down in this sector of the forums even remembers Republic Commando. It was an awesome game, though, and I really wish they had made it longer or especially made a sequel.

 

However, this thread is about creating a mod pack based on Star Wars: Republic Commando. And I'm thinking BIG here, with a music pack, crew icon set, voice pack, even a HUD remodel.

 

First things first, I want "Vode An", the game's menu music, playing in the garage. The game's other songs can be played either during the pre-battle phase or during combat.

 

Second, a crew icon set. Delta-38, "Boss", would obviously be the Commander of the tank. Delta-40, "Fixer" would be the Radio Op(might be a problem for him if he ever gets into a KV-5). Delta-07 "Sev" would be the Gunner and Delta-62 "Scorch" would be the Loader. If the tank doesn't have a dedicated Radio Op, Fixer slots in as Driver.

 

Third and probably most important, I'd love to have a voice pack. I just want to hear Sev state when I kill an enemy tank, "It's like they're lining up to die!" And have Delta Advisor come over the radio when the battle begins or when my tank gets finished off(maybe even use different lines for when the tank's HP are exhausted and for when crew casualties take it out).

 

Fourth, because it truly wouldn't feel complete without it, I'd like to have a HUD remodel based on the HUD of RepCom. I think it should be more similar to the version of the HUD when you choose to have the helmet overlaid onto the screen, but that's just me.

 

Would anyone here be able to put this all together? And that aside, who here would want to use it aside from myself?



Elevendy #2 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22879 battles
  • 2,619
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    03-30-2011
So pretty much a GUI and sound mod? Sounds interesting, I'll try it.

icoleman #3 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 5903 battles
  • 6,994
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
  • Member since:
    01-31-2012
I would very much like that. Commandos was such an impact on me as a child. 

Asasininja4827 #4 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5611 battles
  • 586
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011

LOL, what up with the sudden Republic Commando love?

 

Boss - commander duh.

Fixer - maybe the driver/radio operator, he's more of the tech oriented clone.

Scorch - loader, he knows which dakka to use.

Sev - gunner his marksmanship is superior.

 

They have a skin that makes a batchat become an AAT, maybe a tank skin that makes the tank become some sort of other tracked or repuslor lift vehicle.

 

But then, thats a very ambitious mod project.



M477145_N1l550n #5 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View Posticoleman, on Apr 03 2014 - 02:54, said:

I would very much like that. Commandos was such an impact on me as a child. 

Yeah, I still have my copy of the game. It was a blast, and I want to relive 38's glory days of tearing the CIS forces a new one.

 

I figure this mod will be distributed widely among RepCom fans like us. As it should be, if it ever gets made.

View PostAsasininja4827, on Apr 03 2014 - 02:55, said:

LOL, what up with the sudden Republic Commando love?

 

Boss - commander duh.

Fixer - maybe the driver/radio operator, he's more of the tech oriented clone.

Scorch - loader, he knows which dakka to use.

Sev - gunner his marksmanship is superior.

 

They have a skin that makes a batchat become an AAT, maybe a tank skin that makes the tank become some sort of other tracked or repuslor lift vehicle.

 

But then, thats a very ambitious mod project.

It's just something that I've always enjoyed but never got around to mentioning here until today.



icoleman #6 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 07:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 5903 battles
  • 6,994
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
  • Member since:
    01-31-2012

View PostM477145_N1l550n, on Apr 03 2014 - 02:56, said:

Yeah, I still have my copy of the game. It was a blast, and I want to relive 38's glory days of tearing the CIS forces a new one.

 

I figure this mod will be distributed widely among RepCom fans like us. As it should be, if it ever gets made.

 

I think I have the "XBOX" classic copy somewhere. Back when the old XBOX was popular. Shame they never made a second one, but the novels were good enough. 



Asasininja4827 #7 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5611 battles
  • 586
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011

Also, when you finish the level Ghost Ship (the level where you're on the acclamator class assault ship), there should be a file with Scorch talking about his 'leet haxor skills.'

 

Yes, he did indeed said that.



M477145_N1l550n #8 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View PostAsasininja4827, on Apr 03 2014 - 03:00, said:

Also, when you finish the level Ghost Ship (the level where you're on the acclamator class assault ship), there should be a file with Scorch talking about his 'leet haxor skills.'

 

Yes, he did indeed said that.

That's actually one of Six-Two's general hacking quotes that can happen any time he's working a terminal(for whatever reason, he never says it when hacking a door).



leeuniverse #9 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 41035 battles
  • 8,221
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013
Boy, you guys think Republic Commando is "old"?  I was just playing that game on my PC like 5 years ago with my boys watching and playing it also.....  lol

M477145_N1l550n #10 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 03 2014 - 03:02, said:

Boy, you guys think Republic Commando is "old"?  I was just playing that game on my PC like 5 years ago with my boys watching and playing it also.....  lol

It's actually a nine-year-old game.



Asasininja4827 #11 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5611 battles
  • 586
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011
Graphics are still beautiful though.

M477145_N1l550n #12 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View PostAsasininja4827, on Apr 03 2014 - 03:07, said:

Graphics are still beautiful though.

Very.

 

But enough talk about RepCom the game, and more about RepCom the World Of Tanks mod package, please? Who's signed on so far as willing to work to make this a reality?



Asasininja4827 #13 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5611 battles
  • 586
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011
Don't know enough about computers to mod but I can potentially provide images.

Elevendy #14 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22879 battles
  • 2,619
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    03-30-2011
Anything helps. I'm probably going to extract sounds straight from the game and look at how the interface was laid out.

Asasininja4827 #15 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5611 battles
  • 586
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011
Will need specifications as to what kinds of images. I'll have to dig through tons of stuff in my sci-fi folder.

M477145_N1l550n #16 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View PostAsasininja4827, on Apr 03 2014 - 03:18, said:

Will need specifications as to what kinds of images. I'll have to dig through tons of stuff in my sci-fi folder.

For the crew images, I just need images of the faces of their helmets, maybe with a bit of their shoulders. You know, like the images for regular crew. I say to use the helmets since these are all CLONES we're talking about: they're all genetically identical and would likely all look the same.

 

The HUD should be easy enough to put together, though.



Harkonen_siegetank #17 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 28176 battles
  • 5,440
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
You get my vote on the HUD concept. Sadly that is the only thing I liked about the game. I'm more an "old" star wars fan, not the new jedi [edited], ep 1-3.

Elevendy #18 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22879 battles
  • 2,619
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    03-30-2011

Just some in-game shots of what you'd like for the HUD mostly. Everything else I think I can do on my own. Unless you want something specific.

 

View PostM477145_N1l550n, on Apr 03 2014 - 00:11, said:

Very.

 

But enough talk about RepCom the game, and more about RepCom the World Of Tanks mod package, please? Who's signed on so far as willing to work to make this a reality?

 

 

I will join you if you want to collaborate. :p



M477145_N1l550n #19 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 5852 battles
  • 8,247
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View PostElevendy, on Apr 03 2014 - 03:26, said:

Just some in-game shots of what you'd like for the HUD mostly. Everything else I think I can do on my own. Unless you want something specific.

 

 

I will join you if you want to collaborate. :p

This image shows what the HUD itself looks like.

 

This GIF shows the regular HUD but also includes the scope from the DC-17m's sniper mode.



Elevendy #20 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 08:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22879 battles
  • 2,619
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    03-30-2011

View PostM477145_N1l550n, on Apr 03 2014 - 00:29, said:

This image shows what the HUD itself looks like.

 

This GIF shows the regular HUD but also includes the scope from the DC-17m's sniper mode.

 

Well looks like XVM (no stats) is going to be apart of this. Also gonna have to renew my Adobe Flash license for the HUD file.







Also tagged with Star_Wars, Republic_Commando, Mod, Voice_Pack, Music_Pack, Crew_Icon_Set, HUD_Remodel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users