A few questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Single #1 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 03:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello there! I'm Single, and I was wondering if any of the more experienced players could help me out with some questions.
First of all, I was browsing through the wiki, tutorials, and gameplay videos, but I haven't found any answers to some questions.

General Gameplay
1. Artillery is inaccurate. I've never used artillery, so I was wondering by "inaccurate", does it mean that if you fire at a target, the shell will stray to the left or right, and do you need to fire upwards because of the arc?

2. About how fast is the tank shell? I find it extremely difficult to lead other tanks, especially the "light" ones.

3. Could you please elaborate on tank categories, and the differences between factions? Like, I know the "light" is meant for scouting, but in most gameplay videos, the "light" tank was hiding and staying still, not darting from cover to cover...

4. About how large is splash damage?

5. How many hits does it take to "Kill" an officer on your tank, and is the officer dead forever or just for that battle?

6. Are there any specific "builds" to follow? I soon saw that this game was almost like a RPG, and that pilots/officers actually make a difference. I think this is great, but confusing for newer players, such as me.

7. What would be a good tank to save up for? For instance, instead of going through all 9-10 tiers of tanks, should I go from tank X > Y > Z?

8. Do you need to rebuy special shells for every match?

9. What is the selling rate? 80% of store price?

10. Is there an "observer" mode?

11. What tank and tank type should I go for, and how strong are "lights" in this game? I noticed in other games such as Exteel, lights are extremely powerful, as they can dish out the same damage as a heavy, and move faster.

12. What tank should I get? I'm more of the Sniper/Camper type, but I also like to be versatile enough to take on a sneaky medium tank that got through. For instance, sometimes in other games like C.O.D. or Exteel, I have to carry the team. So I take up almost all the positions on the team.

13. I noticed a bit in the Wiki about "Repairs". How are these made?

14. Can you call in airstrikes?

15. Though there are different categories of tanks, in gameplay, they all seem to move about the same. There are just minor differences in speed and power. Could someone explain the subtle differences a little more clearly?

16. Which is the most accurate tank? The fastest? The strongest? (HP) The most damaging?

17. Are there any tips to hitting those small targets? And I noticed in one of the stickied guides in the Tips section, there was a diagram showing armor plating. What happens when you hit the fuel/gas tank?

18. Just how balanced is this game? I saw a video where one guy fired 4 shots and the other guy didn't die, and then the other guy fired 2 shots and he died.

19. Is there any way to change the controls?

Others:

1. How many mods and admins are there?

2. What brings people back? Like, why do people quit this game just to come back a week later?

3. What type of play do you use, and what are the pros and cons of them? (This'll be used to help decide which style I will follow)

vespid #2 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21295 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-
Yes.

gussie #3 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7841 battles

View PostSingle, on Apr 22 2011 - 03:59, said:

Hello there! I'm Single, and I was wondering if any of the more experienced players could help me out with some questions.
First of all, I was browsing through the wiki, tutorials, and gameplay videos, but I haven't found any answers to some questions.

General Gameplay
1. Artillery is inaccurate. I've never used artillery, so I was wondering by "inaccurate", does it mean that if you fire at a target, the shell will stray to the left or right, and do you need to fire upwards because of the arc?

2. About how fast is the tank shell? I find it extremely difficult to lead other tanks, especially the "light" ones.

3. Could you please elaborate on tank categories, and the differences between factions? Like, I know the "light" is meant for scouting, but in most gameplay videos, the "light" tank was hiding and staying still, not darting from cover to cover...

Lots of good questions. i'll try a few at a time:

1. Artillery has a large aiming circle, and the shell doesn't always land in the circle. In arty you generally fire from overhead view (toggled by shift key), which takes care of the arc for you. If you fire direct, you usually have to adjust downwards.

2. It's fast, but leading is required. The further away, and the more they're traveling laterally, the more the lead. This comes with practice. Some of the lead just has to do with your twitch skills also. I think when I lead I'm probably compensating more for slow twitch than for shell and tank motion, tbh.

3. yeah, people play tanks how they want to. lights are for scouting, but people either suicide scout (light up a bunch of targets, win the scout award, die quick so you can play the next game) or try to camp scout (wait in a bush up front). The balance is for each role is very situational. A Leopard is a great scout, and it can also fight low-end mediums pretty well. If there's no arty, scouting is a different role - it's about find out force distribution, not spotting. Mediums can be big scouts or brawlers or snipers, but they're designed to use maneuverability to gain the advantage on heavier tanks and prevent opposing meds from doing that to their heavies - when the opportunity arises. heavies are... blahblahblah - i could go on for a while. It's situational. Do what you think makes sense. Tell your team what you're going to do. Have fun. If playing in an organized way is important to you, join a clan, I think your chances will be better.

4. Splash is only for HE shells and it varies with size of shell. It's a few meters, up to 10-15 in extreme cases, i think

Hope this helps!

1N54N3 #4 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
General Gameplay

** Artillery has an overview mode similar to being a satellite up in space. Even if you are carefully aiming and have a 4 leaf clover. There is a 1/3 chance you will miss your target.

** Real world physics make it hard to lead a moving target. Best option is to wait until the target turns away or towards you as to seem un moving. Shell transit times depend on caliber. They can be up to 5 seconds on the SU-14 with 203mm gun.

**Light tanks have a job of spotting the enemy. A good scout will be prepared to dart from hiding place to hiding place in order to detect targets for artillery. A lot of players are scared and have not developed the proper battlefield instincts yet. You can overcome this by getting basic training from a tournament playing clan.

**Splash damage is indicated on the HE round in the service section of the garage. It is indicated in meters. Just scale it down to view.

5. How many hits does it take to "Kill" an officer on your tank, and is the officer dead forever or just for that battle?

** Tank modules and crew members have "hit boxes". If example you get 1 shot through the driver's view port, you may very will kill the driver. They do not stay dead as crew members attempt to compensate for the dead driver, but if all your crew dies.  You stop and cannot move.

6. Are there any specific "builds" to follow? I soon saw that this game was almost like a RPG, and that pilots/officers actually make a difference. I think this is great, but confusing for newer players, such as me.

** At the very start, without buying gold, you will have a 50% crew in a tier 1 tank. You should simply research the modules needed to get to the next tier. However, if the tank is unplayable or it takes a long time to get to another tier, basic upgrades are useful. Often, an engine and gun will be used in the following tiers so you can very well stay on your current tank and get the better equipment before moving on.

7. What would be a good tank to save up for? For instance, instead of going through all 9-10 tiers of tanks, should I go from tank X > Y > Z?

**If you want an easy option, soviet tanks are easier to play. The medium line is good, the heavy line is good, they are pretty much all good. Just pick a class and go, it depends on your style. I started with soviet mediums because I was not able to hide in a heavy tank. I had to learn how.

** You can set resupply to automatic. Normally, it is good to carry around 50/50 AP/HE shells. An exception to this is if you use a "derp" gun. You only need to use HE shells with those high caliber low tier unrifled canons. They are higher caliber guns up to tier 5.

**I would think it is about half. I only get 50k back from a 100k Camo net.

** Once you are dead, you can right click to jump onto allied tanks, You will share their view and may be able to give early warnings before they see trouble.

11. What tank and tank type should I go for, and how strong are "lights" in this game? I noticed in other games such as Exteel, lights are extremely powerful, as they can dish out the same damage as a heavy, and move faster.

** I prefer heavy tanks, but it is all about what you like to play. Lights are fast and weak, mediums are fast, powerful but need to wolf pack, heavies are spearheads and not for the faint of heart. Tank destroyers are snipers, and artillery is a good money maker, easy to play.

12. What tank should I get? I'm more of the Sniper/Camper type, but I also like to be versatile enough to take on a sneaky medium tank that got through. For instance, sometimes in other games like C.O.D. or Exteel, I have to carry the team. So I take up almost all the positions on the team.

** You may like the tank destroyer line. You will become useless however if someone comes close to you. You will need to learn how to camouflage yourself. I will recommend a new player try artillery and medium tanks until he has "learned" the game.

13. I noticed a bit in the Wiki about "Repairs". How are these made?

** repairs are made automatically after every battle. They cost credits, and become a challenge after tier 6 because you may lose more than you make. Check the service screen in the garage.

14. Can you call in airstrikes?

** You can call in artillery support. If you see tracers in the sky (white shell lines), you can "ping" the mini map with ctrl/click and tell artillery where the enemy artillery is. Pressing f7 will call for help, displaying a big ! over your tank. Press f1 for macros in game, or check controls in settings.

15. Though there are different categories of tanks, in gameplay, they all seem to move about the same. There are just minor differences in speed and power. Could someone explain the subtle differences a little more clearly?

** I think I did a lot of that in upper questions. TD snipes, light scouts, medium flanks, heavy spearheads, arty overlords.

16. Which is the most accurate tank? The fastest? The strongest? (HP) The most damaging?

** Um all of those would depend on how you play. Nations have their strengths and weaknesses. Soviets are dogfighters, Germans are defenders, Americans are good snipers. Tier 10s are where it's at, but you need to figure out what kind of tanker you are first.

17. Are there any tips to hitting those small targets? And I noticed in one of the stickied guides in the Tips section, there was a diagram showing armor plating. What happens when you hit the fuel/gas tank?

** The gas tank may explode, causing a devastating fire which will spread to all your modules, or even detonate and kill your tank instantly. To learn weaknesses of tanks, you can simply google tanks independantly to have an inside view of all their parts and crew emplacements. Hitting view ports and backsides is always a good idea.

18. Just how balanced is this game? I saw a video where one guy fired 4 shots and the other guy didn't die, and then the other guy fired 2 shots and he died.

** The game puts value on historical accuracy. As in any online game, especialy new ones, balance is not always the best. But look at the failing of worldofwarcraft. Level 80s are so balanced they can live in a fight for hours. If you watch a lot of world war 2 documentaries as I do, you can easily know what your nations tanks are good at, and what they are bad at. As a rule however, there seems to be a comon thought that soviet tanks are more powerful. I will not deny this.

19. Is there any way to change the controls?

** There should be under the control section in your settings. If this has not been implemented yet, it will be shortly. I recommend playing the game with default controls, as this is what most of us do, and becomes 2nd nature very quickly.

Others:

** I do not know, but there are a at least enough to form 3 companies of tanks. You will not often recognize one in game as they do not usually have any special markings.

2. What brings people back? Like, why do people quit this game just to come back a week later?

** I personaly do not do that, I didn't play for a while after downloading the game because I had started playing EVE. But once I found out how EVE was boring and redundant I started playing tanks here. Joining a clan added a new face to the game for me and I can now just play random battle after random battle and never fight the same fight. I often use the same tactics, and go to the same places, but there is always that little noob who gofers up out of nowhere to stick it to my rear.

3. What type of play do you use, and what are the pros and cons of them? (This'll be used to help decide which style I will follow)

** After the wipe, I opted to go up the German line to the Panzer 4. I bought 30$ of gold, got 60 days of premium, and used the remaining gold to transfer free exp from my gift M4A2E4 tank. The panzer 4 branches off easily into good artillery, good mediums, and good heavy tanks. I don't player tank destroyers. I am right now less than 40k exp to the Tiger 2. I am also a fan of derp guns which were briefly explained above. German tanks are a bit special to play because they are more prone to critical module damage. Its like the engineering class of world of tanks because you have to know how to cover your failings. ie a fire extinguisher, good crews, and modules like a wet ammo rack. This is not something you need to worry about in soviet tanks, but I like the challenger. Too easy is not fun.

Lastly, a tip for any new player. Join a clan, clanwars is soon. clanwars is 80% of the game. clanwars can give you free gold if your clan is not filled with a bunch of crooks. Clans give you free training, and friendships. This game is about clans.

+1 me, I took 30 mins of my life to be nice to you. You can pm me in game and add me as a contact here if you want.

Single #5 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thank you Gussie :) Rep for you :D

Could you please answer 11/12 so I can figure out what I should do?
Right now, lights aren't working for me, and I haven't tried mediums. My computer is lagging too...

1 more question, if you will:

I noticed that there is a dotted circle which slowly become smaller. Is that your aiming reticule?

DemonicSpoon #6 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles
[quote]
[/quote]

It depends on a lot of factors. Artillery isn't actually that inaccurate assuming full crew and the right equipment...But otherwise it can miss. It's more that people notice misses on artillery more.

You don't need to fire upwards because of the arc; SPGs have a different view than normal tanks which allows them to aim easily.

[quote]2. About how fast is the tank shell? I find it extremely difficult to lead other tanks, especially the "light" ones.[/quote]

I believe it depends on the tank.

[quote]3. Could you please elaborate on tank categories, and the differences between factions? Like, I know the "light" is meant for scouting, but in most gameplay videos, the "light" tank was hiding and staying still, not darting from cover to cover...[/quote]

The categories are very, very vague, and don't represent a full description of the tank's role. Some lights are good at scouting, others not. Scouting can take multiple different forms.

The only real rules right now are that heavies are slower and have bigger guns/armor than mediums, which have the same benefits over lights...and tank destroyers generally have powerful, accurate guns and are good at hiding (most of them, anyway) while being easy to hide.

[quote]4. About how large is splash damage?[/quote]

In general, not very large. SPG shells can often do acceptable damage if they land right next to a target but other than that (or similarly huge shells like the KV/SU-152's 152mm HE) don't expect much.

[quote]5. How many hits does it take to "Kill" an officer on your tank, and is the officer dead forever or just for that battle?[/quote]

Only for the battle, but he gains only half XP from the match.

In order for a crewman to die, a shell actually needs to hit him. I believe the chance of survival is chance-based if a shell passes through where he is modeled in the tank, not 100% on that though.

[quote]6. Are there any specific "builds" to follow? I soon saw that this game was almost like a RPG, and that pilots/officers actually make a difference. I think this is great, but confusing for newer players, such as me.[/quote]

Nope, other than higher crew skill = better, and to pay attention to the stats of your equipment. You need to know the penetration, accuracy and whatnot of whatever gun you choose, as it makes a huge difference in how you use the tank.
[quote]
7. What would be a good tank to save up for? For instance, instead of going through all 9-10 tiers of tanks, should I go from tank X > Y > Z?[/quote]

Uh, whatever you want to? The games' pretty decently balanced. There's no obvious path for newbies.

[quote]8. Do you need to rebuy special shells for every match?[/quote]

Yes. Gold shells aren't for common use; they're for specialized situations. APCR, for example, is for when you really can't penetrate something and you really need the extra penetration. No one (sane) uses gold rounds all the time.

[quote]9. What is the selling rate? 80% of store price?[/quote]

I think it's closer to 50%[quote]

10. Is there an "observer" mode?[/quote]

Not without dying.
[quote]
11. What tank and tank type should I go for, and how strong are "lights" in this game? I noticed in other games such as Exteel, lights are extremely powerful, as they can dish out the same damage as a heavy, and move faster.[/quote]

Lights cannot expect to realistically go toe to toe with heavier tanks. In higher tier matches especially, lights are primarily just scouts. If you want a fast tank that can also deal damage, look at mediums.

[quote]12. What tank should I get? I'm more of the Sniper/Camper type, but I also like to be versatile enough to take on a sneaky medium tank that got through. For instance, sometimes in other games like C.O.D. or Exteel, I have to carry the team. So I take up almost all the positions on the team.[/quote]

Well mediums or some heavies are probably the most versatile tanks around... If you like "sniping" then either SPGs or TDs would work best (though the former cannot really deal with flankers on its own, and the latter cannot really lead an attack on its own).

[quote]13. I noticed a bit in the Wiki about "Repairs". How are these made?[/quote]

Depends on context. After every battle you need to pay credits to fix any damage your tank took. Other than that, you can buy repair kits...consumable items that will temporarily repair a damaged module in battle.
[quote]
14. Can you call in airstrikes?[/quote]

Nope.
[quote]15. Though there are different categories of tanks, in gameplay, they all seem to move about the same. There are just minor differences in speed and power. Could someone explain the subtle differences a little more clearly?[/quote]

In practice, each tank is hugely different. Example: KV vs T-34 (both tier 5; KV is a heavy, T-34 is medium). The KV has a few weapon options, the "Best" (end-tier) ones being the 107mm and the 152mm. The 152mm is a giant HE cannon that has slow reload, but massive damage. It's also stupidly inaccurate...so a KV fit like this generally needs to wade between cover in order to get close in order to actually deal damage, all while trying to avoid an extended firefight that would get it killed with its reload time. The 107mm gun does less damage, btu is hugely more accurate and is generally used with AP rounds. In this configuration, the KV is a bit more of a sniper, hanging back to inflict a lot of damage at range.

In either case, the KV itself is very slow, and very big (easy to hit) but, for its tier, very tough. It's basically a mobile fortress.

The t-34 does not have nearly as good armor, and its guns are not as potent...But it's still very quick while being able to field guns that penetrate very well. T-34's generally use their superior speed to get superior positioning and/or GTFO. While it lacks the firepower/armor of the KV, it can actually escape from bad situations, and has the speed to flank effectively as well.

That's just one example. In practice, each tank performs hugely differently than others.

[quote]16. Which is the most accurate tank? The fastest? The strongest? (HP) The most damaging?[/quote]

The most accurate is probably one of the German tank destroyers; German guns tend to be the most accurate. The fastest tank is the A20, Russian tier 4 light tank. the one with the most hitpoints is the German Maus (tier X heavy) with a fuckton of frontal armor, as well. It's a giant box, though, so easy to hit and flank. Most damaging are probably the high-end Russian tank destroyers. The SU-152, at only tier 7, can fire a high-penetration 122mm round at ridiculous rates of fire.

If you mean damage in a single shot, then definitely the tier 6-7 artilleries that fire 203-210mm shells.

[quote]17. Are there any tips to hitting those small targets? And I noticed in one of the stickied guides in the Tips section, there was a diagram showing armor plating. What happens when you hit the fuel/gas tank?[/quote]

IF you hit the fuel/gas, the engine can catch fire which can be a pretty slow, but hilariously effective death for the tank. As far as hitting small targets...hit shift, and aim carefully...also, lead your shots.

[quote]18. Just how balanced is this game? I saw a video where one guy fired 4 shots and the other guy didn't die, and then the other guy fired 2 shots and he died.[/quote]

It's very balanced. There's a small number of balance issues presently, but every tank can be played effectively. Not all shots are created equal...an 88mm shell will do far less damage than a 152mm shell, but it's certainly going to reload much faster.

[quote]19. Is there any way to change the controls?[/quote]

I am not sure...

[quote]

3. What type of play do you use, and what are the pros and cons of them? (This'll be used to help decide which style I will follow) [/quote]

1. A fair number, not really sure.

2. Same as any other game...it's a fun game, but it gets tiring if you play it day in day out forever.

3. I like using all of them, really. I don't limit myself to one path. Try them all out and see what you like.

[quote]I noticed that there is a dotted circle which slowly become smaller. Is that your aiming reticule? [/quote]

Yes.

1N54N3 #7 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
Yes,

contrary to stabilized modern tank aiming systems, world war 2 tanks were not designed to fire on the move. So, your rule of thumb is to never ever fire while moving unless your just trying to get somewhere in a hurry. If your fighting a tank, stop and fire is your best bet. You also need to make that green aiming reticle as small as possible before firing or you may/will miss. It is your gunner showing you how ready he is to fire.

A nifty button to keep in mind is space bar. space bar will insta stop you better than if you just let go of the throttle. You fire, and then press spacebar again to keep moving.

So...R cruise control, right click auto aim target, spacebar stop, aim...aim...fire, spacebar go, cruise control continues.

As a new player, use autoaim. Autoaim will always aim at the turret of the target, which is often the better armored part of the tank. It guarrantees a hit but not damage. As you advance in personal skill, you will want to aim manually at vulnerable parts of the target (ie view ports) and can also use an HE round if manual aim is not convenient at the time.

Single #8 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
What are the differences between factions? For instance, is one faster, another more damaging, and another have more armor? Thank you 1N54N3 for you reply :)

What is a "derp" gun? I know what "derp" is, but not a "derp gun".
By mods and admins, I meant Moderators, who check the forums for trolls.

So what you're saying is that the Soviet is good all-around, and the Germans are weaker in modules but stronger in....?

How about the other 2?
And can you switch tanks in-game? (Expecting a no)

gussie #9 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 04:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7841 battles
"11. What tank and tank type should I go for, and how strong are "lights" in this game? I noticed in other games such as Exteel, lights are extremely powerful, as they can dish out the same damage as a heavy, and move faster.

12. What tank should I get? I'm more of the Sniper/Camper type, but I also like to be versatile enough to take on a sneaky medium tank that got through. For instance, sometimes in other games like C.O.D. or Exteel, I have to carry the team. So I take up almost all the positions on the team."

These are similar questions and a tough call. I'm going to generalize massively here:

Arty is fun and somewhat stress-free, especially at low levels. Some say ez-mode, many hate them, and some people TK them, but with apologies to everyone, they're fun. However, at upper tiers your reload takes forever, you get very slow, and everyone knows to use cover, so matches quickly become all-or-nothing. If you pick a bad spot, you die quick or never get a target. If you get a good spot, you pwn fools for 10 minutes.

Lights only get any power near the top of their trees. Their trees top out sooner, but it'll still take time to get there. Scouting depends on how you play it. It's not for me, but some people absolutely kill at it.

Some mediums are truly among the best tanks in the game. The T-34-85 is super fun, the American mediums I've heard good things about, there's a lot of good stuff at the top tiers and they probably offer the most variable gameplay experience because of their speed, maneuverability and power. I think it probably takes the most work to play them well, but as a result they can be very rewarding. In CB I kept the T-34-85 as a permanent tank.

Heavies are what they sound like. They can be very frustrating (slow, arty bait, etc.) or give you a total king-of-the road feeling. I played a game tonight in my KV where I got hit 17 times and didn't lose a hit point. The russian heavies are kings of dings. I've read that the German heavies have some great snipers in them, but haven't played them myself.

Tank destroyers are mostly for camping and sniping. You get well concealed, great front armor, and big guns with good reload and small aiming circles but no turret. Good TD drivers can be very squirmy, but if you get behind a TD it's usually over.

Single #10 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 05:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thank you very much.

About TD's....
Can they one-shot kill? Because a slow tank that can't rotate it's turret will have trouble if it misses or doesn't effectively eliminate it's target.

Which TD should I buy first, with what equips?
How about for a Medium tank?

Russians/Soviets are sounding pretty good to me right now, which one would suit a Medium and TD better?

Single #11 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 06:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
One more quick thing:
Can you have tanks from different factions, like have both a MAU and a IS-7?

DemonicSpoon #12 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 06:21

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles

One more quick thing:
Can you have tanks from different factions, like have both a MAU and a IS-7?

Yes. No restrictions.

SteelBurn #13 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 06:28

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17652 battles
  • [BB_GC] BB_GC
Yes Single you can have tanks from any faction. In fact it is encouraged to run multiple tanks. You can hit escape and leave a battle and use another tank while your current is 'locked' in battle.

Single #14 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 07:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thank you very much :)
@SteelBurn, so you mean I can switch in the middle of the game?

vespid #15 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 21:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21295 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-
There is NO WAY this is real.... he's gotta be getting a good laugh at how he's stringing you guys along.

Clockworkred #16 Posted Apr 22 2011 - 23:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 21548 battles
  • [LBAS] LBAS

View PostSingle, on Apr 22 2011 - 03:59, said:

General Gameplay
The dispersion circle for artillery is laid out on the ground instead of being a 2d projection in thin air, so the arty has the same chance of firing a shell into the ground as you have firing a shell above the enemy tanker's head. SPG mode, or "sat view," is accessed by pressing shift, and the gun is automatically aimed.
Depends on the gun, but remember that the gun is also not 100% accurate. Even if you lead the enemy tank, there's not always a guarantee of a hit.
Again, depends. There are some people who take light tanks and hide in the bushes as forward observers, and others who use their speed to harass the enemy SPGs. Tank classes are more like weight classes on how much damage you can do.
Again again, depends. Only HE and HEAT have splash damage, and it's shown on the ammo information (usually maybe 5m or so).
Tank crewmen take damage based on calculations on where rounds hit. A good penetrating hit can knock out a crewman. The crewmembers are knocked out only for that battle, but remember that that crewman is out, so anything in aht area is also out, eg if the driver is hit, your tank will handle worse.
Some tanks usually go from point A to point B on the tech tree, but others have options in terms of gun choices. You should always get the best tracks and engine, but turret and gun choices can vary.
due to the way the tech tree works, you have to research every tank prior to the one you want in order to get it. recommended are the Soviet KV, German PzIV, American M4 Sherman, for starters. All are fun to play and make decent money.
Yes.
Haven't really checked that, but it's anywhere from 50%-80%
Only if you're dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users