Machinima of World of Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

Jaigenarc #1 Posted Apr 23 2011 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
Anybody seen Red vs Blue? I was thinking that maybe we could do something like that. I thought it would be really cool if a bunch of us could get together to do some voice acting for videos.

Pretty much I was wanting to get together some people with funny voices (actual or voice acting :D) as well as people that had some plot ideas as well as how to make said videos and etc. I can record and I was thinking that for recording we could just use training rooms since we can have general voice chat. I can also upload videos onto YouTube as well as do basic editing, cutting, and all that good stuff :)

For actors and everything, I was thinking at some time we could do some kind of "auditioning," depending on how many people want to join up but we can figure out all that stuff later.

Let me know what you guys think and if you're interested! :)

AdonisAleus #2 Posted Apr 23 2011 - 22:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3338 battles
sure, i can lend my voice, and maybe a few plot ideas to start

Jaigenarc #3 Posted Apr 23 2011 - 22:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
Great! :)

Dreadnought13 #4 Posted Apr 24 2011 - 01:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
I'm interested.  both in participating and viewing.  i can do a myriad of voices/accents as well, one of those silly skills.

Jaigenarc #5 Posted Apr 24 2011 - 01:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles

View PostSanctuary13, on Apr 24 2011 - 01:13, said:

I'm interested.  both in participating and viewing.  i can do a myriad of voices/accents as well, one of those silly skills.

One of those silly skills that are sooo valued on YouTube :D

Dreadnought13 #6 Posted Apr 24 2011 - 21:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
my Russian accent is pretty decent, I can do either the realistic (still fairly comic, very Rocky IV "I must break you") or the silly Wiktor Wiktor of Pavel Chekhov.
my German accent is better, mostly.  It's a bit of the interrogator "ve haff veys off mehking you tolk." or just straight up Dr. Strangelove.
British, I can do near anything, cockney, london, aristocracy, and have a decent welsh/irish brogue.  My Scottish is solid, but scotch is easy.
Back in north america, my midwesterner is authentic, Canadian is 100% Bob & Doug, I can do a solid Boston/New York, or Kentucky southern drawl.  Non-regional (radio/newscaster) is 100% also.
Also, I have a spot on Kermit the Frog.
I've never really tried for a Japanese, since it instantly makes me feel racist, but I can give anything a try.
French is meh, it usually devolves into "hurr hurr hurr, oui oui, sacre bleu" silliness, but hey it works.  It's similar to John Cleese's french accent ( Meaning of Life)
And I can do a Sol Rosenberg better than the Jerky Boys ever could!
Peter Sellers is my hero.

Jaigenarc #7 Posted Apr 25 2011 - 00:43

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles

View PostSanctuary13, on Apr 24 2011 - 21:47, said:

my Russian accent is pretty decent, I can do either the realistic (still fairly comic, very Rocky IV "I must break you") or the silly Wiktor Wiktor of Pavel Chekhov.
my German accent is better, mostly.  It's a bit of the interrogator "ve haff veys off mehking you tolk." or just straight up Dr. Strangelove.
British, I can do near anything, cockney, london, aristocracy, and have a decent welsh/irish brogue.  My Scottish is solid, but scotch is easy.
Back in north america, my midwesterner is authentic, Canadian is 100% Bob & Doug, I can do a solid Boston/New York, or Kentucky southern drawl.  Non-regional (radio/newscaster) is 100% also.
Also, I have a spot on Kermit the Frog.
I've never really tried for a Japanese, since it instantly makes me feel racist, but I can give anything a try.
French is meh, it usually devolves into "hurr hurr hurr, oui oui, sacre bleu" silliness, but hey it works.  It's similar to John Cleese's french accent ( Meaning of Life)
And I can do a Sol Rosenberg better than the Jerky Boys ever could!
Peter Sellers is my hero.

:D Sounds great! Pretty much I just want people able to make funny voices, however you do so :)

Jaigenarc #8 Posted Apr 25 2011 - 20:49

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
So pretty much, I don't think we'll be recording anytime within the next couple weeks, however it would be could if we could get started talking plot, name, characters, etc. :)

Spartanspearman #9 Posted Apr 25 2011 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 5718 battles
  • [STRKE] STRKE
well once you've got it going I'll give you a reveiw. ;)

Dreadnought13 #10 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 04:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
it seems your options are: game accuracy or historical accuracy.  in other words, would it be like red v. blue where you have sides, those sides being usa, germany, russia?  or do you go with game accuracy where its mixed up?  then if its mixed up, would the crew be mixed up?  american commander with a german gunner?  thats potentially comic gold right there, the fish out of water scenario, or the incompetent foreigner routine ala Perfect Strangers.  Just think of a Sherman with a 'Sarge' styled Texan commander, a Sol Rosenberg driver, and perhaps some rural yokel russian from the Urals loader who drops more shells than he loads?

it may take a bit of fluff storytelling as to why the three sides are mixed up, but thats how the game is.  really its not a WWII setting, since a lot of these tanks werent designed until the 1950s, and some were put out of service in the 1920s.  kinda carte blanche for creativity.

obviously there are no human in game characters, and it is awkward to borrow machinima from separate games, so it would seem it best to follow just a few tanks, from the outside, hearing only the occupants voices (and accompanying sound effects).  I do have an older copy of After Effects, and my own microphone and recording suite (musician), so if youre serious about this, yknow... let me know.

based_trilluminati #11 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 18:38

Private

• Players
  • 5644 battles
i could do a really good chinese accent if some how a chinese tanker boy ends up in the russian or usa army :P

jdtherocker #12 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 18:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14009 battles
Im down, I can do a voice as well as throw in some creativity.
I can play a american character or what ever I do speak French although Im not the master of all things "Francais" but I would be willing to speak french if you needed me too.

Jaigenarc #13 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles

View PostSanctuary13, on Apr 26 2011 - 04:38, said:

it seems your options are: game accuracy or historical accuracy.  in other words, would it be like red v. blue where you have sides, those sides being usa, germany, russia?  or do you go with game accuracy where its mixed up?  then if its mixed up, would the crew be mixed up?  american commander with a german gunner?  thats potentially comic gold right there, the fish out of water scenario, or the incompetent foreigner routine ala Perfect Strangers.  Just think of a Sherman with a 'Sarge' styled Texan commander, a Sol Rosenberg driver, and perhaps some rural yokel russian from the Urals loader who drops more shells than he loads?

it may take a bit of fluff storytelling as to why the three sides are mixed up, but thats how the game is.  really its not a WWII setting, since a lot of these tanks werent designed until the 1950s, and some were put out of service in the 1920s.  kinda carte blanche for creativity.

obviously there are no human in game characters, and it is awkward to borrow machinima from separate games, so it would seem it best to follow just a few tanks, from the outside, hearing only the occupants voices (and accompanying sound effects).  I do have an older copy of After Effects, and my own microphone and recording suite (musician), so if youre serious about this, yknow... let me know.

I think it would be best if we went for game accuracy. After all, is is a series for WoT ;)

0.0 mixed up crews, I'm sensing humor >:D

Or we could just not explain anything at all <_< (well, explain SOME but we don't HAVE to go into a lot of detail :))

Sound and video editing software would be GREAT!!! =D

Jaigenarc #14 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 19:39

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles

View Postjdtherocker, on Apr 26 2011 - 18:54, said:

Im down, I can do a voice as well as throw in some creativity.
I can play a american character or what ever I do speak French although Im not the master of all things "Francais" but I would be willing to speak french if you needed me too.

Heheheheheheh, French. You're in >) Much potential right there. If we could get an Italian person then that would be great as well :) The combination could be soooo hilarious >=D

TheOctagon #15 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7204 battles
Storylines easy.

The story would be about an ingame tank crew tossed together by a game glitch.

Make the tanks owner a semi n00b. Or a guy that gets cocked and suicide rushes them all the time..:P

Then back to the barracks till their tanks called again..;)

Jaigenarc #16 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
TK

no more words necessary >)

jdtherocker #17 Posted Apr 26 2011 - 22:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14009 battles

View PostJaigenarc, on Apr 26 2011 - 19:39, said:

Heheheheheheh, French. You're in >) Much potential right there. If we could get an Italian person then that would be great as well :) The combination could be soooo hilarious >=D
Sounds good!

Dreadnought13 #18 Posted Apr 28 2011 - 22:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
I know it'd probably be hard to get any rights to use it, but the theme song just seems like it should be Cake's glorious cover of War Pigs.

ker-link!

Dreadnought13 #19 Posted Apr 28 2011 - 22:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
commander:  contact, four hundred metres!  
gunner: i can shoot that
commander: yeah I know.
gunner: damn right you know
driver: shut up
loader: can I load now?
commander: we're not loaded?!
loader: they're heavy.
commander: LOAD!  He's moving!
sound effect:  Tink!
commander:  Yuri, did you drop the high explosive round?
loader: I dropped the high explosive round.
gunner: can i shoot now?
commander: NO!
loader: commander?
commander:  ...what?
loader: I'm really sorry about dropping the high explo--
driver:  he's coming around!  he's seen us!  I'm out of here (begins driving away)
Commander:  What you're doing is the opposite of good!  Gunner, prepare to fire!
gunner: preparing to fire
commander: loader, load the--
gunner: prepared to fire sir!
loader: wait, were you talking to me again?
commander: driver...  just keep driving.

just a rough sketch.  no real punchline or characterization.

Jaigenarc #20 Posted Apr 28 2011 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
Lolz, chaos, Love it. I was actually thinking that we'd name each tank as a character, but we could probably add in dialog for each individual tank for it's crew reflecting that tank's "character." Already decided that we should have a Leo known as Toby :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users