Jump to content


How to Set-up and run a tournament team. (Beginners Edition)


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

stevezaxx #21 Posted May 03 2014 - 22:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35565 battles
  • 714
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011

View PostMlman, on Apr 16 2014 - 09:08, said:

 

May be difficult to impletment as the gold would have to come from the players, & not from a clan's treasury.  That might actually drive off some baddies.  (this is outside the whole gambling question).

 

Edit:  Great Job Moguai!  Thanks.  I wish I had a post like this back when I was running skirmishes in my old clan.  It's a lot more work (& stress) than some people realize.  It's especially tough on a small clan (we were @ 46 members) where you might have a limited tank selection.  It certainly makes you think as both a captain & caller.

 

I know this will be a multi-part post, so please don't forget about how to scout an opponent when the schedule comes out.

 

If WG were to implement a separation between "earned" gold and "bought" gold, then a way to wager "earned" gold looks like it would be legal re gambling laws.

WG would have no incentive to do this, however, unless they made tournaments that had entry fees. ( ohhh THERES a thought! a REAL pro-league!)

.

 

I.A.N.A.L.



AMartin223 #22 Posted May 03 2014 - 23:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 12351 battles
  • 2,102
  • [T1C] T1C
  • Member since:
    01-18-2012

View Poststevezaxx, on May 03 2014 - 17:36, said:

 

If WG were to implement a separation between "earned" gold and "bought" gold, then a way to wager "earned" gold looks like it would be legal re gambling laws.

WG would have no incentive to do this, however, unless they made tournaments that had entry fees. ( ohhh THERES a thought! a REAL pro-league!)

.

 

I.A.N.A.L.

No need to separate earned and bought, just as long as you can't "cash-out" it's legal.  Go on Facebook and play any of the poker games on there if you don't believe me. 



iraqiwildman #23 Posted Aug 05 2014 - 15:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29033 battles
  • 1,030
  • [MO-JO] MO-JO
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
After following and fighting in Skirmishes for 4 months, this guide needs to be read by all team captains. It would cut down on a lot of questions and problems that arise.

DirtD0G #24 Posted Aug 05 2014 - 15:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 24219 battles
  • 2,872
  • [AWFUL] AWFUL
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Can't believe I missed this as a resource... I no forum search good.

 

I will be linking to this thread forever, Moguai. Thank you.



Moguai #25 Posted Sep 14 2014 - 00:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostDirtD0G, on Aug 05 2014 - 07:32, said:

Can't believe I missed this as a resource... I no forum search good.

 

I will be linking to this thread forever, Moguai. Thank you.

 

Your Welcome.

 

I am still contemplating a Advanced or Intermediate version of this guide for teams that have some experience but would like to improve their Management of their team/s. Suggestions are welcome on topics to cover in the next guide.



twitchtvCommanda0 #26 Posted Sep 14 2014 - 04:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12009 battles
  • 969
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
I suggest you add a section on how to make a tank comp

KathyGAmes1240 #27 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 19:31

    Private

  • Players
  • 505 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013
Im not planning on doing this anytime soon, however say I wanted to make a ESport team. Would we have to buy our own pc's and brimg them to the tourney? What would we have to bring and what would the tourney hosts provide. Would they provide us computer screens etc. With our ability to bring our own gear if we wish?

PrototypeRewired #28 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 20:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 12529 battles
  • 5,165
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012
Personally I think the hardest part is actually finding players who can play. At least for the Stand Too's with only a handful days notice it's hard to find people to run with when the atmosphere your in doesn't really have any interest in it. 

Moguai #29 Posted Feb 26 2015 - 21:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostKathyGAmes1240, on Feb 26 2015 - 11:31, said:

Im not planning on doing this anytime soon, however say I wanted to make a ESport team. Would we have to buy our own pc's and brimg them to the tourney? What would we have to bring and what would the tourney hosts provide. Would they provide us computer screens etc. With our ability to bring our own gear if we wish?

 

The tournaments are held online so you would play them just as you would do any other battle. Now the WGLNA Gold League finals require some traveling but that is a subject all its own and if you are that far then this guide is pretty useless to you. But for your info, for those events everything is provided for you.

 

View PostPrototypePegasus, on Feb 26 2015 - 12:00, said:

Personally I think the hardest part is actually finding players who can play. At least for the Stand Too's with only a handful days notice it's hard to find people to run with when the atmosphere your in doesn't really have any interest in it. 

My clan is extremely small and we couldn't field a tournament team by ourselves if we tried, so I have made Tournament Pacts with teams so we can share our resources with other clans/teams so we can field teams.

 

Make sure to join the WG eSports stream Thurs. Feb. 26th @3pm PST as I will be a special guest talking about various things around running a tournament team efficiently and successfully.



iraqiwildman #30 Posted Mar 02 2015 - 21:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29033 battles
  • 1,030
  • [MO-JO] MO-JO
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
Missed you Thursday, so hopefully they will post it on Twitch later.

BuubyTrap #31 Posted May 13 2015 - 22:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 28762 battles
  • 3,349
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012
Moguai, do you have any additional suggestions for the Match-Up Melee format, where your team is made for you, and comprises a bunch of players you haven't interacted with outside of pub matches?

Moguai #32 Posted May 13 2015 - 22:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostBuubyTrap, on May 13 2015 - 14:30, said:

Moguai, do you have any additional suggestions for the Match-Up Melee format, where your team is made for you, and comprises a bunch of players you haven't interacted with outside of pub matches?

 

Actually I do. (well sorta) I was asked by WG today to work on a guide for that format to include Types of tanks and why, Player interaction and other topics on that. So give me a couple of days and I will come up with something that will hopefully help players.

BuubyTrap #33 Posted May 13 2015 - 22:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 28762 battles
  • 3,349
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012
Fantastic! Just signed up for my first one, and don't want to be any bigger liability than absolutely necessary!

Moguai #34 Posted May 13 2015 - 22:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostBuubyTrap, on May 13 2015 - 14:37, said:

Fantastic! Just signed up for my first one, and don't want to be any bigger liability than absolutely necessary!

 

Congrats on that. At least you get invited :sceptic:

SGT_STAGGY #35 Posted May 14 2015 - 01:32

    Staff sergeant

  • WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 13711 battles
  • 451
  • [-TSF-] -TSF-
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011
i'll still play with you Mo

Moguai #36 Posted May 14 2015 - 13:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostSGT_STAGGY, on May 13 2015 - 17:32, said:

i'll still play with you Mo

 

? come again?

Enderclaw8 #37 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 03:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2607 battles
  • 10
  • [HUNTR] HUNTR
  • Member since:
    01-14-2015
The disband team button on the team page isn't working.

Runescape #38 Posted Jun 20 2016 - 00:10

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 14904 battles
  • 31
  • [4HIMK] 4HIMK
  • Member since:
    04-18-2010
Well Written!

AkaiMyers #39 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 03:29

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11348 battles
  • 13
  • [T57] T57
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014
i am looking ot do the league for the tourneys but need to know if i can get away wit a tier 8s and 9s until i get a ten i almsot have my tier 8 right now i need a team to join with to be consice and work with since mhy vxp clan is not ready for it which i belong too 




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users