Please go to XVM site and activate statistics in the personal cabinet?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

CedricMacLaren #1 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 16006 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT

What does this mean?

www.modxvm.com

Please go to the XVM site and activate statistics in the personal cabinet.

A_Cute_Girl #2 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 17715 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO
You have to link your wargaming id for xvm stats now. kinda pointless and tedious having to reactivate it every 2 weeks it seems. Ah well.

LaResistanceX #3 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 32253 battles

Apparently xvm decided to have users jump through some hoops, we'll see what happens with it but instructions can be found here:

http://www.modxvm.co...-of-statistics/

1Ghost_Rider #4 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16463 battles
  • [53RD] 53RD
Go to the sight, log in with the same user name and password.  Once you are logged in look for you name on the top bar to the right, just to the left it will say Activate.  click that and you are done.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #5 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:32

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

.....:veryhappy:

-ISS

CedricMacLaren #6 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 16006 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT
Yep.  It was easy, I figured it out just after I posted.  Does this mean people will be able to hide their stats now?

balbessus #7 Posted Apr 17 2014 - 18:52

Private

• Players
  • 9753 battles

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Apr 17 2014 - 12:40, said:

Does this mean people will be able to hide their stats now?

not! and again.. NOT! its only to prevent  xvm-servers overloading due to amount requests from users :arta:

and... you must know who are xvm-CREATOR! 

Edited by balbessus, Apr 17 2014 - 18:52.

GlebZeglov #8 Posted Apr 20 2014 - 05:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 42275 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

Big Hi to WarGaming

I very hope that administration understanding that this "Activation" of the XVM will be used for sure by cheaters to steal peoples account

it mean will be a lot of attempts of account thiefs to cheat the gamers and make them register their account on fake website

By my personal opinion this "update" will be responsible for a lot of accidents of stolen account

again my personal opinion to avoid this cheat activation suppose to work trough wargaming W.O.T website and not:

www.modxvm.com

xvm-mod.com - NOT SURE IF IT OFFICIAL

or some other?

GAMERS you NOT supose to be asked anything exept your nickname

Regards

Edited by GlebZeglov, Apr 20 2014 - 05:51.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #9 Posted Apr 29 2014 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostGlebZeglov, on Apr 20 2014 - 00:46, said:

Big Hi to WarGaming

I very hope that administration understanding that this "Activation" of the XVM will be used for sure by cheaters to steal peoples account

it mean will be a lot of attempts of account thiefs to cheat the gamers and make them register their account on fake website

By my personal opinion this "update" will be responsible for a lot of accidents of stolen account

again my personal opinion to avoid this cheat activation suppose to work trough wargaming W.O.T website and not:

www.modxvm.com

or some other?

Regards

Dude, relax.

I think this registration thing is just because they're going to start charging you around 20 bucks a month to keep using xvm... no big deal. The guys that work to create this program need to make a living too,

when it's time...just pay it, and be thankful you can still use it.

-ISS

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/352794-xvm-not-fully-working/page__pid__7077262#entry7077262

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Apr 29 2014 - 18:17.

LordCorellon #10 Posted Apr 30 2014 - 02:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6068 battles

WN Terms of Service:

http://worldoftanks....rms_of_service/

Please note that this Agreement applies only to sites maintained by WN or its affiliates, and not third party sites, whether linked to or from the Website. Moreover, this Agreement does not only apply to information collected by WN offline. In addition, this Agreement does not apply to other entities that we do not own or control or persons that are not our employees, agents or within our control. By using the Website, activities, services and all our games, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

3. Security of Your Account

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and for all activities that occur through the use of your Account. You agree to: (i) immediately notify WN of any unauthorized use of your Website Account or any other breach of security, (ii) immediately report to WN staff on any hacking tools if known that can potentially harm the Website or the Game for further investigation, and (iii) ensure that you secure your Account and computer from third party access. WN will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section. You may be issued a new password or required to change your password from time to time.

We have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to help safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your personal information, transmissions made on or through the Internet and personal information stored on our servers or the servers of third parties that we use are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. In addition, submissions made via e-mail are not protected by encryption and are vulnerable to interception during transmission.

Umm no thankyou. Like Gleb, I'm not risking it....

TheRepoMan #11 Posted May 02 2014 - 07:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13024 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 29 2014 - 10:15, said:

Dude, relax.

I think this registration thing is just because they're going to start charging you around 20 bucks a month to keep using xvm... no big deal. The guys that work to create this program need to make a living too,

when it's time...just pay it, and be thankful you can still use it.

-ISS

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/352794-xvm-not-fully-working/page__pid__7077262#entry7077262

I love the uneducated people who spread the false information.

WG has said many times, they don't allow mod makers to charge to use mods or mod pack makers. The even canned/suspended several threads where people had 'donation' buttons..

Iron_Soul_Stealer #12 Posted May 15 2014 - 15:49

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostTheRepoMan, on May 02 2014 - 02:20, said:

WG has said many times, they don't allow mod makers to charge to use mods or mod pack makers. The even canned/suspended several threads where people had 'donation' buttons..

Well,   .....that may be the case...for now...

But I have to respectfully, and fundamentally disagree with you, on the rest of your comments.

This is North 'Murica...the land of the free, and the home of western capitalism. These bright and talented young people should stop giving it away, and start charging for it.

*IMO, I think these young and talented software developers/entrepreneurs that work hard to make xvm possible for so many people should be getting some monetary benefits for their efforts.

If they aren't...they're just selling themselves short, and allowing themselves to be exploited by big business. Personally, I think Wargaming.net should just do the right thing here, and buy

the license/rights to XVM, and put it into their own game client. So c'mon, Wargaming.net, you're a 'Captain of Industry'.... get off the fence on this xvm issue already,..and 'make it so'...

The world is watching...

-ISS

*Edit note: ....and dude, who are these "uneducated people" you're referring to..? You wouldn't be talking about me, would you..?

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, May 15 2014 - 15:57.

Darkbee2Bee #13 Posted May 15 2014 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 41826 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostGlebZeglov, on Apr 20 2014 - 00:46, said:

Big Hi to WarGaming

www.modxvm.com

or some other?

Regards

Just to be clear you have to sign in to the WoT website (you get redirected) and then it tells the XVM website that you're kosher.  If you're signing in anywhere other than worldoftanks.com (actually wargaming.net to be technically correct) then by all means don't provide the info.

Edited by Darkbee2Bee, May 15 2014 - 15:59.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #14 Posted May 15 2014 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 58682 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

I am engaging in a huge amount of speculation.

It takes time and money to develop and provide the data associated with the statistics portion of XVM.  People can volunteer for the coding and can donate to support bandwidth and database needs, but I can see a day where some type of subscription service is offered.  You might get so many data requests in a period of time for free, but in order to get more data requests, you need to subscribe.  Users of XVM who do not leverage the data services would presumably not be impacted.

That is just about the only reason I can see to implement this type of registration process.  Either that, or perhaps it is as simple as driving folks to the web site to drive up add banner revenue.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #15 Posted May 15 2014 - 16:06

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on May 15 2014 - 10:55, said:

I am engaging in a huge amount of speculation.

It takes time and money to develop and provide the data associated with the statistics portion of XVM.  People can volunteer for the coding and can donate to support bandwidth and database needs, but I can see a day where some type of subscription service is offered.  You might get so many data requests in a period of time for free, but in order to get more data requests, you need to subscribe.  Users of XVM who do not leverage the data services would presumably not be impacted.

That is just about the only reason I can see to implement this type of registration process.  Either that, or perhaps it is as simple as driving folks to the web site to drive up add banner revenue.

^Yep, it sure does.....and all the more reason for these guys to start charging for it soon.

Millions of people already pay real money for premium accounts etc. I think the xvm developers/entrepreneurs should really consider getting in on some of that action. I think they deserve it.

*Guys, you can't volunteer your whole life away...eventually, you gotta start paying the water bills...

-ISS

*I think around 20 bucks a month would be fair. Heck, millions of people already drop that kinda $$$ on prem. accounts to wargaming.net....and if they really like it,  I don't see why they wouldn't pay for xvm too...

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, May 15 2014 - 18:48.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #16 Posted May 20 2014 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostTheRepoMan, on May 02 2014 - 02:20, said:

WG has said many times, they don't allow mod makers to charge to use mods or mod pack makers. They even canned/suspended several threads where people had 'donation' buttons..

Well, {IMO}, I don't agree with that, at all....

Like I said before....I think these software developers/entrepreneurs that work hard, and volunteer so much of their own time to make xvm possible for so many people deserve to get a piece of the action,

and some monetary gain for their hard work, and efforts.    *So stop selling yourself short, guys, and stop "giving it away", ....this one goes out to you:

Spoiler

-ISS

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, May 21 2014 - 17:56.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #17 Posted May 21 2014 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Apr 17 2014 - 13:40, said:

Yep.  It was easy, I figured it out just after I posted.  Does this mean people will be able to hide their stats now?

......:veryhappy:

View PostF0R_Maggies Farm, on May 15 2014 - 10:51, said:

"People can volunteer their skillzzz away"......

Now you're under control!

....and now ya do what they told ya....and now ya do what they told ya....and now ya do what they told ya......

-ISS

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, May 21 2014 - 17:54.

Wartosbin #18 Posted Jun 08 2014 - 22:11

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
How long till you can reactivate it again?

kingmeofme #19 Posted Jun 10 2014 - 04:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38906 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostGlebZeglov, on Apr 20 2014 - 06:46, said:

Big Hi to WarGaming

www.modxvm.com

or some other?

Regards

Error: you have reached your quota of negative votes for the day.

Please actually look into the subject before you start running your mouth.

The XVM redirects the player to the WoT website, where the player then logs in. After logging in, the WoT website tells the XVM website that you were able to successfully login, and provides solely your username.

XVM NEVER HAS ACCESS TO ANYTHING BESIDES YOUR USERNAME.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #20 Posted Jun 10 2014 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 3185 battles

View PostWartosbin, on Jun 08 2014 - 17:11, said:

How long till you can reactivate it again?

it won't be long now....:blinky:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users