9.0 Gun Mods Engine Mods Sound Mods Mods Gnomefathers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

CelticArchangel #1 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 14676 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

9.0 is live!!!! ...and time to refresh our mods once again. Of course that means it must be said...

Once you go Gnomefather, you never go back. ...because lets face it, the Maus should not sound like the T-127.

A new chapter has started for WoT. Yes! I'm talking about the Patch 9 series! This is when Wargaming breathes life into our vehicles. Independent suspension systems, HD remodeling,  air born turrets upon ammo cooking. In the coming updates, destructible buildings, pieces of your tank being blown off, etc. Sadly, they have YET to give the vehicles the proper audio they need. I don't care how nice you make it look, they still sound like they are being run by a two-stroke lawnmower. 

NOTICE: THESE ARE THE 9.0 SOUNDS MODS.

Traditionally, I'd link both mods separately, but Gnomefather has posted them both on the same blog page. You can find both mods and different ways to download them, via this link here:  http://gnomefather.blogspot.no/ 

I am merely providing these links for fellow players. I have installed them both and they work great with 9.0.  I have found they run a bit smoother with the optimizing of the 9.0 patch, but that is a personal discovery. This will vary with machines. Below are the instructions from my post from last patch. They are the same and goes as follows...

Heres how to install the Modpack.
Step 1 (IMPORTANT): Go into you World of Tanks Directory and go to WorldOfTanks/res, copy the 'audio' folder.
Step 2 (IMPORTANT): Paste the copy of the audio folder in your WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.9.0
Step 3: Copy the 'audio' folder from the Modpack and place it in you WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.9.0. Merge the folder when it asks you, Copy and Replace any files that it asks you to.
Step 4: In the Modpack, open the folder labelled 0.9.0, copy the folder labelled 'scripts' and paste it into your WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.9.0.

As a side note to make it easier, install the gun mods first as shown. Follow with the engine, BUT ONLY STEPS 3 and 4. If for some reason you mess up, just delete the audio and scrip folders located in your res_mods folder and start over. Good luck. :)

Reminder: Please do install at your own caution. For some, these mods create frame rate issues or undesired performance. I found without mods, I run a 50 FPS, but dropped to around 30-35 with the sound mods. Spikes can/may occur if you happen to drive into a big fire fight with lots of explosions and cannon fire.

Cheers!

GlasFish #2 Posted Apr 24 2014 - 22:19

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
+1

rags17 #3 Posted Apr 25 2014 - 01:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13217 battles

Silly me, I only saw the light two days before the 9.0 patch.  I got two days of glorious sound before having to download the 400+ Mb of data a second time.

Still,now that I've gone for it I am NEVER turning back - the putt-put of low tier light tanks, the throb of mid tier mediums and the whine of high tier heavies still gives me goosebumps.  The sound of empty 85mm brass hitting the floor of my KV-1 after I shoot is also a special joy of mine.

Seriously - download this patch - you will NOT be disappointed!

darkshadows71 #4 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 21:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12906 battles
  • [NATAC] NATAC

I've been running Gnomefathers sound mods for quite some time now, and I definitely agree, I'll never turn back. All the sounds are so much richer, with quite a difference from vehicle to vehicle. The M4 Sherman has a huge upgrade to it's sounds, along with the Tiger and Panther. I'm running a fairly new and high-end gaming computer so I've never really experienced any problems with frame rates and such. But I have installed it on several of my friends computers and have found that it really hasn't slowed any of them down either, but every machine is different, and because we've had no problems with this mod is not to say that others won't.

I hope Gnomefather knows just how much we all appreciate how he's improved the game for so many other people, and just how much we appreciate his time, work, frustrations, and his continued efforts to provide updated versions for us all. My hat goes off to him, and I offer many thanks. Please keep up the awesome work, you're bringing a very realistic aspect into the game that the devs haven't gotten around to yet. Hopefully they have it scheduled in pipeline for the near future, and if so I hope they do as good of a job as he has.

Edited by darkshadows71, Apr 26 2014 - 21:46.

vocnar #5 Posted May 05 2014 - 03:50

Private

• Players
  • 10294 battles
I IMPLORE the Powers that Be at WOT to BUY the rights, or Contract Gnomefather for these 2 sound mod packs as a STANDARD feature for World of Tanks...its like watching a movie where ALL the chars sound like Donald Duck...No matter HOW good the tanks look or the maps, IF the tanks just sound like weed-whackers.

RoninMcGinnis #6 Posted May 05 2014 - 20:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22244 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I loaded both the engine and gun mod other day and I have to say that I'm enjoying playing my tanks a lot more now.

Zarathalos #7 Posted May 07 2014 - 02:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13346 battles

I sware these mods make me a better player. Instead of getting the urge to charge like a lemming at the enemy to get the satisfaction of damage, i stay where i am to shoot to get the enjoyment of the sound.

Only complaint is that the engines are sometimes overbearing and drown out the guns when you shoot on the move.

CelticArchangel #8 Posted May 08 2014 - 13:42

Captain

• Players
  • 14676 battles
  • [IRE] IRE
The engines can be a bit of an ear splitter, true. All is forgiven when you bomb around in a fully loaded Hellcat.... my gawd! Orgasm for the ears. 

Zarathalos #9 Posted May 09 2014 - 06:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13346 battles
I noticed the gun effect doesnt work for my t34 american heavy. Its the very faint old sound

PotatoPeeler #10 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10843 battles
The only problem i have with the Mods is how much of a Framerate glutton they are :/ 

Geekboy #11 Posted May 12 2014 - 07:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 7565 battles

I'm finding that i have no 3rd person engine sound now with the engine mod. It did work, then I think there was a mini patch, and now it doesn't. I have my own engine sound when in sniper mode, and have everyone elses engine in 3rd person, but not my own. 

Should I delete the scripts folder and re-install it?

*Edit: nevermind, I'm just a moron. Recently installed a new soundcard (ASUS Xonar DS) and after some fiddling figured out I wasnt getting sound out of all my speakers, long story short I have to run my speakers and audio drivers in 4.1 mode instead of 5.1, which is ok since the center speaker died anyway. 

So, all is working as intended. 

Edited by Geekboy, May 12 2014 - 09:30.

njizda #12 Posted May 14 2014 - 18:51

Private

• Players
  • 21255 battles
  • [SFRJ] SFRJ

how to download engine sound mod from this site ???

Rocket75_OK #13 Posted May 14 2014 - 23:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 18366 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

Have to read the small print. It is hidden in there with all that bright yellow.

http://gnomefather.blogspot.no/ 

I tried the latest files, installed them just as description says, and I am missing sounds of engines and some gun sounds (when firing) and cannot hear shots hitting my tank, they are mute.  I did the latest files (HRMOD Gun v1.92, Engines v0.52).  Allowed all overwriting etc when unzipping into directories and have not had issues with any previous mods in WOT or other.  Even tried the Hellcat as they said that one sounded great, but gun sound is mute and so is the engine.  Anybody have an idea what might be missing in instructions, or are they still having issues with v9 on wot?

Austin8585 #14 Posted May 15 2014 - 20:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 12555 battles
Well I found out the problem is with the Gun sounds.  I deleted the Audio folder I copied/merged in the process that was placed in the res_mods/9.0/, and now I can hear the tank sounds.  They sound much better than before and give me more of a feeling I am driving a tank.  Deleting the folder I also got my default sounds back (as GunMod sounds made them silent), along with now I hear the shell hitting my tank if hit which was also muted.  Hopefully they can get the kinks worked out of the Historic Gun Mod as I never actually got to hear the modified sounds.

SpudmanWP #15 Posted May 15 2014 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21261 battles
  • [AOC] AOC

That was one of the MAIN reasons that I crated DIYModLoader.

It routes ALL sound files to the res_mods folder, even if the files want to go to the res folder.

Akuzimo #16 Posted May 15 2014 - 21:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2803 battles

If mods like this didn't exist, I'd have quit a long time ago.  I'm a sound guy.  Graphics are great, but if the game sounds bad, .... I can't deal.

Also, to whoever said they should contract GF for these, he didn't actually make these sounds himself.  He got them from other sources (if he made SOME of them, I apologize). I noticed the engine sound from the Warrior and the T62 (From Project Reality) in there.  Regardless of that, the mod is pretty amazing.  I think one of my favorite aspects is when you're looking down your sights and someone bounces a shell off of you.  You just hear that metal-on-metal collision and the load screech from the shell failing to pen.  It's kinda like, "Yeah, I should GTFO".  It adds a pretty high sense of urgency to a firefight when you and a tank are battling and you got sounds like that.

I combined it with the Modern War Sound Mod and used the in-game voices/music from that.

Edited by Akuzimo, May 15 2014 - 21:32.

Darkwing_Duck #17 Posted May 17 2014 - 08:47

Private

• Players
  • 1470 battles
Hi! Early i used only gun sound mod and all was ok. Now i installed engine mod and have some problems: engines on t28, t28 prot, t25/at, kv-1s, m40/43 don't work. I use only xvm and sound mods. I'm was trying use original WOT client and only sound mods, but they still don't work. What can i do?

SpudmanWP #18 Posted May 17 2014 - 09:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21261 battles
  • [AOC] AOC

1.  Copy WoT\res\audio folder to WoT\res_mods\0.9.0\audio

2.. Unpack the GnomeFather's soundmods and put them in the res_mods\audio folder and NOT the res\audio folder

Darkwing_Duck #19 Posted May 17 2014 - 09:05

Private

• Players
  • 1470 battles

I doing it every time, but now engines don't work.

I set version with radio - work!

Edited by Darkwing_Duck, May 17 2014 - 09:32.

Gaelmin #20 Posted May 19 2014 - 01:33

Private

• Players
  • 9974 battles
Yeah so it turns out I can't find a way to download these without jumping through a million hoops with mediafire and trying to fight them off as they attempt to cram their downloader software down my throat.  Guess I'm stuck with [edited]stock game sounds.  Didn't used to be this hard to get this mod pack...

Also tagged with 9.0, Gun Mods, Engine Mods, Sound Mods, Mods, Gnomefathers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users