Jump to content


Someone Tried To Commit Suicide Over WoT... Really?


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

PD4_Banana_Fish #21 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20563 battles
  • 1,520
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013
Since he survived shouldn't he be awarded a Steel Wall medal?

soviet_T_47 #22 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12423 battles
  • 1,178
  • [MOC] MOC
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

i... uh. what? 

i know how bad depression can be, my gf has it, i have it, and a few of my friends have it... 

but... jebus man, 


Edited by soviet_T_47, Apr 22 2014 - 18:17.


Rommel_Desert_Fox #23 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9590 battles
  • 241
  • [KOS] KOS
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
With some of the match making I've felt like jumping out of a window too.

XOIIO #24 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 10690 battles
  • 7,086
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

In situations like this, if he succeeded I would say no great loss, this is just stupid no matter how you look at it.

 

If he had some mental illness maybe it would be excusable/potentially understandable, but considering he was able to get angry enough to first smash up his PC then decided to off himself, I don't know. Guess we would have to find out for sure.

 

Same thing with people who try and kill themselves because of "cyber bullying", it's just plain stupid. Turn off the tech, problem solved. If you try and kill yourself or start cutting or whatever crap you get no sympathy from me.


Edited by XOIIO, Apr 22 2014 - 18:29.


Tuco22 #25 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:23

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10680 battles
  • 9,906
  • [BULLS] BULLS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

I had a 12 year old lecture me about all the exotic snatch he's had from around the world in a training room once. 

That just about did it for me. 



XOIIO #26 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 10690 battles
  • 7,086
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View PostPatroll_2, on Apr 22 2014 - 12:08, said:

Since he survived shouldn't he be awarded a Steel Wall medal?

 

 

LOL, or cool headed. He ricocheted off the ground.



Nymous #27 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 10552 battles
  • 2,322
  • Member since:
    09-05-2011
I have a feeling that if it hadn't been WoT something else would have set him off. Some people are just going to end up jumping out of a window now matter what.

XOIIO #28 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 10690 battles
  • 7,086
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View PostSparkyGT, on Apr 22 2014 - 10:51, said:

blame it on 9.0  He was probly having the best game ever and Crashed to Desktop, at least he is still alive.

 

 

Game crashed to desktop, he crashed into the ground.

 

lol



Desert_Faux #29 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 5085 battles
  • 3,050
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

Thing is, if you look hard enough I'm pretty sure you can find a case where someone has committed suicide or tried to commit suicide after playing just about every game.

 

I wouldn't say it's more of the fault of the game, but the person. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs. 

 

I would be willing to be serious money though that this has probably happened atleast once with every game out there that has a large enough audience... 



Scootaloo23 #30 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 10144 battles
  • 8,045
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

View PostXOIIO, on Apr 22 2014 - 12:23, said:

Same thing with people who try and kill themselves because of "cyber bullying", it's just plain stupid. Turn off the tech, problem solved. If you try and kill yourself or start cutting or whatever crap you get no sympathy from me.

 

Cyber bullying PSAs at school have taught me that there is no ignore function on any major social networking site. If there is, the bullies will spam bot accounts at you to get around it, and they will not stop until you are dead.

 

Trufax



XOIIO #31 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 10690 battles
  • 7,086
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View PostScootaloo23, on Apr 22 2014 - 11:55, said:

 

Cyber bullying PSAs at school have taught me that there is no ignore function on any major social networking site. If there is, the bullies will spam bot accounts at you to get around it, and they will not stop until you are dead.

 

Trufax

 

That's why you stop using the site, like I said, turn off the tech.



Desert_Faux #32 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 18:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 5085 battles
  • 3,050
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostScootaloo23, on Apr 22 2014 - 18:55, said:

 

Cyber bullying PSAs at school have taught me that there is no ignore function on any major social networking site. If there is, the bullies will spam bot accounts at you to get around it, and they will not stop until you are dead.

 

Trufax

 

People exist out there that can't get excitement out of their lives unless they are able to make others feel like crap. Although majority of the time if you look at the Bullies personal life and you find out his childhood is FAR FAR from rosey. Doesn't excuse what they do, but 99% of the time there is a reason they act that way... The other 1% of the time is when they are just all all around sociopath and have a good future as a serial killer if they aren't locked up first. 



Scootaloo23 #33 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 10144 battles
  • 8,045
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

View PostDesert_Faux, on Apr 22 2014 - 12:57, said:

 

People exist out there that can't get excitement out of their lives unless they are able to make others feel like crap. Although majority of the time if you look at the Bullies personal life and you find out his childhood is FAR FAR from rosey. Doesn't excuse what they do, but 99% of the time there is a reason they act that way... The other 1% of the time is when they are just all all around sociopath and have a good future as a serial killer if they aren't locked up first. 

 

True enough, but cyberbullying is a bit of a conundrum in that it relies on victim compliance to work. Simple use of ignore functions can silence a cyber bully completely, and the victim has to not use such functions in order to be attacked.



Desert_Faux #34 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 5085 battles
  • 3,050
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostXOIIO, on Apr 22 2014 - 18:57, said:

 

That's why you stop using the site, like I said, turn off the tech.

 

It's hard for most though, a lot of people who are picked on and teased the most are vulnerable and weak usually.  When was the last time you heard of a bully picking on a real [edited]? They always go after the weak or introverted... That being said, a lot of them are desperate for a word of encouragement and someone to like them, so they often turn to online where people don't have to know the real them that they feel is inadequate but the person they really wish they were.

 

That being said, the ones most vulnerable won't shut down their one and only source of encouragement. I agree they should shut it out, but for many of them it's hard to do. 



KaiserWilhelmShatner #35 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 16461 battles
  • 4,492
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

View PostScootaloo23, on Apr 22 2014 - 11:00, said:

 

True enough, but cyberbullying is a bit of a conundrum in that it relies on victim compliance to work. Simple use of ignore functions can silence a cyber bully completely, and the victim has to not use such functions in order to be attacked.

 

You are only a victim if you allow yourself to be a victim.  



Groundskeeper #36 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:02

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19126 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Apr 22 2014 - 18:49, said:

Did the Darwin Award Nomination time pass yet?

 

To win a darwin award said person has to remove them selves from the gene pool (ie... make so they cannot procreate). If this kid managed to squish both nuts then he wins.

 

On the other hand though this shows he has depression and needs to get it treated.



Klaatu_Nicto #37 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 44025 battles
  • 9,674
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

After finally getting the BatChat Saturday night and going 12 battles without a win I felt like jumping out a window but I live in a one story house.  I'm now up to 21 battles and a 10% W/R. :angrys:

 



Scootaloo23 #38 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 10144 battles
  • 8,045
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Apr 22 2014 - 13:02, said:

 

You are only a victim if you allow yourself to be a victim.  

 

Thank you for summing that up for me.



Darkbee2Bee #39 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 33162 battles
  • 3,464
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013
As always, I'm sure there's more to this than ever gets reported, just like with school shootings and things of that nature.  We always come to find out that we're dealing with some deeply disturbed individual.

Desert_Faux #40 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 19:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 5085 battles
  • 3,050
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

I know I'm probably gonna get neg rep'd for this, but reminds me of a news article and video article that the onion did awhile back...

 

---->Onion Article<---

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users