Team damage bans and how hilarious it is.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

StahlJager #1 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 12578 battles
So I'm in a game with my fun little A44 and this [edited]tomato in a KV1 is blocking me and trying to push me into an SU 152... so I donk him in the turret. This tomato starts unloading his 85 on me and hits me 4 times dropping my HP to 400. So I just shoot his track one more time and boom I am suspended for 1 hour. Idgaf about it but I find it hilarious that this kid can get away with TKing. Have fun out there garbads!

Erik_Thorvaldsson #2 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:08

Captain

• Players
  • 29465 battles

Hi, enjoy your break.

Bye.

stormtroopercat #3 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:08

Major

• Players
  • 6614 battles
  • [JNPR] JNPR
You made the mistake of firing at him. Having him completely unload on you is not only wrong, but you are also breaking the rules, no matter the context. You deserved your ban, as you instigated the shooting by firing the first shot. As for dealing with Teamkillers, let them shoot you until they suddenly stop moving. That means that they are now banned, even though your game may have been ruined, it prevents the said person from being an [edited]in other games for a short time.

Scorpiany #4 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:10

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 35123 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
If you shot the first round and provoked him to fire back, you deserved your ban. If he's blocking your way just get around him. It's a KV-1. Can't really go anywhere very quickly.

aragas11 #5 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 29264 battles
  • [_SOS_] _SOS_
Actually no, he doesn't deserve the ban. Let's put the situation another way. StahlJager is walking down the sidewalk, and stops to wait for traffic so he can cross the road. The *tomato* in question, walks up behind him and tries to push him out in front of moving traffic, so he turns around and punches the guy. In response, the guy punches him back 4 times, but Stahl gets arrested. Who is at fault? Here's a hint, Stahl was protecting himself from an obvious death, while the *tomato* was assaulting, and attempting to get him killed unprovoked. Had this been a real situation, the *tomato* would be at fault for attempted murder. Learn right and wrong people, if you push somebody out maliciously to get them killed, YOU are at fault, despite what the broken TK system wants to say. It's broken, it's always been broken, and WG continues to refuse to fix it.

stormtroopercat #6 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 6614 battles
  • [JNPR] JNPR

View Postaragas11, on Apr 25 2014 - 23:17, said:

Actually no, he doesn't deserve the ban. Let's put the situation another way. StahlJager is walking down the sidewalk, and stops to wait for traffic so he can cross the road. The *tomato* in question, walks up behind him and tries to push him out in front of moving traffic, so he turns around and punches the guy. In response, the guy punches him back 4 times, but Stahl gets arrested. Who is at fault? Here's a hint, Stahl was protecting himself from an obvious death, while the *tomato* was assaulting, and attempting to get him killed unprovoked. Had this been a real situation, the *tomato* would be at fault for attempted murder. Learn right and wrong people, if you push somebody out maliciously to get them killed, YOU are at fault, despite what the broken TK system wants to say. It's broken, it's always been broken, and WG continues to refuse to fix it.

Hole in your logic. Let's say, (and this is pretty obvious here that the OP has to have done this before if it only takes two shots to autobahn him.) that the OP had a nice big criminal record and he had al the stereotypical signs of gang life, and the pusher here has never even gone over the speed limit in illegality until this point. You would you arrest on sight, the normal civilian looking guy, or the bruiser with a bandana on his head, with the obvious looks of a gang member?

SilkySmooth #7 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:24

Major

• Players
  • 30719 battles

View Postaragas11, on Apr 26 2014 - 05:17, said:

Big difference there hero - this is a game. Just exit battle, pick a new tank and play some more.

CanuckTheCanadianGoose #8 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:27

Major

• Players
  • 19876 battles
  • [PEWDS] PEWDS
Should of let him turn blue then you could of Tk'd without getting banned. 

jimthenailer #9 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31271 battles
The hilarious part is that they are incapable of understanding you just do not shoot green tanks.    Cant fix stupidity

S842 #10 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:41

Captain

• Players
  • 50212 battles

I have the impression that the OP has been a je-k before (and likely in future).

_Koi #11 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 20445 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
stormtroopercat handles these threads perfectly every time they pop up (about every half hour). he deserves a medal.

BlackStealth08 #12 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 12422 battles

I'm confued did you kill him or did he kill you or did neither of you die. because If all you did was track him that i don't see the problem. Either way you should never TK. I guess if you have a low pen gun and you know you're going to bounce you can piss him off with HE.

I like to piss off enemy tanks by firing HE with my 59-16. it almost always bounces and it's so annoying because it's exploding all over your tank. I guess if you want to piss off a TK if you  don't care about being banned you could do it if you know you'll bounce if all you want is to piss em off.

Edited by BlackStealth08, Apr 26 2014 - 05:45.

callmecrazy #13 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 12719 battles

View Postaragas11, on Apr 25 2014 - 20:17, said:

Not even the same.  You're trying to compare a digital game with real life.  Of course in real life you're allowed to defend yourself.

In the game world in order to keep dip s[edited]ts under control, some form of regulation and penalty is set up.

aragas11 #14 Posted Apr 26 2014 - 19:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 29264 battles
  • [_SOS_] _SOS_

View Poststormtroopercat, on Apr 26 2014 - 06:22, said:

Hole in your logic. Let's say, (and this is pretty obvious here that the OP has to have done this before if it only takes two shots to autobahn him.) that the OP had a nice big criminal record and he had al the stereotypical signs of gang life, and the pusher here has never even gone over the speed limit in illegality until this point. You would you arrest on sight, the normal civilian looking guy, or the bruiser with a bandana on his head, with the obvious looks of a gang member?

Law enforcement are not able to make an arrest without a reasonable cause for suspicion. You are being plain out discriminatory just because a guy looks normal, that gets you in trouble. And, big step here, but the TK system does not, I'm sure give you a record based on if you've done it before with how it's been tweaked.  Therefore, you have no idea whether or not he's been banned before.

Macabe #15 Posted Apr 29 2014 - 03:49

Major

• Players
  • 9316 battles

View Postaragas11, on Apr 25 2014 - 21:17, said:

Difference being, in reality defending yourself is perfectly understandable as it was a life threatening event. In the virtual world of tanks, it is a game and he deserved the ban.

Red_Ensign #16 Posted Apr 29 2014 - 03:54

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

hate to break it to you junior, but you're shooting teammates, and shooting first.  your license to call OTHER people bad is revoked.

now go play outside if you can't play without tantrums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users