New Critical Hit areas Skins pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

TheEngine #41 Posted May 10 2011 - 19:06

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8109 battles
  • [COD] COD
Due to the Drill Bit Battles i will not be able to Update the Skins until the end of this week.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Also i still need helpers Please Apply Using the format Given in the First post and Try to remain Mature

Darcel_Jones #42 Posted May 15 2011 - 00:48

Captain

• Players
  • 15623 battles
I am new to the game and in the amount of time i have played i have not been able to figer out most of the tanks weak spots,some are fairly obvious,but others,and i thought u could only use a skin on your own tank do these skins highlight the weak points of your opponents tanks?If they do then yes they are an unfair advantage and should be banned.It would also explain why ever time i am in my tiger 1 everything goes wrong.My range finder gets hit my ammo rack gets hit my gun gets hit my crew gets killed,every freaking time!I spent hours upon hours earning exp to get a tiger,and now i never want to play as the GD thing!Now i have to spend all my time reserching the line of med german tanks starting with the vk 3001.Then again maybe i am just a shitty player with a heavy,i seem to do much better with meds.

Darcel_Jones #43 Posted May 15 2011 - 02:08

Captain

• Players
  • 15623 battles
I have to agree with super,critical hit skins are total bs!In another post I already described my disapproval of these skins,I spent forever getting enough exp to get a tiger tank,and now i never use it because i know others are using those skins.Now some people say,oh they only show you where to shoot theat does not mean you will hit the spot.Well my own personal exp says otherwise,when I am in my pz4 or my vk 3601 every now and again someone will get lucky and hit my ammo rack or my fuel tank,maybe kill a crew member or two,but in the tiger its a bloodbath everytime.My rangefinder,my ammo,my fuel,my crew,everything gets hit!At first i just chalked it up to higher tiers better players,and of course complained about it the entire time in game,and if the players who use them really thought they were fair they would say"sorry darth i am using the critical hit skin on you",they never do.So it is obvious that those who use them are not proud of themselves for doing so.ANYONE WHO USES THEM IS A CHEATER AND A COWARD!,who does not have any honor or warrior code to them!,plain and simple.WOT should ban any skin that gives any player an advantage over others!Skins used for asetic purposes are fine and dandy these are not.

TRUBLE #44 Posted May 15 2011 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9295 battles

View Postdarthcarabis, on May 15 2011 - 02:08, said:

I have to agree with super,critical hit skins are total bs!In another post I already described my disapproval of these skins,I spent forever getting enough exp to get a tiger tank,and now i never use it because i know others are using those skins.Now some people say,oh they only show you where to shoot theat does not mean you will hit the spot.Well my own personal exp says otherwise,when I am in my pz4 or my vk 3601 every now and again someone will get lucky and hit my ammo rack or my fuel tank,maybe kill a crew member or two,but in the tiger its a bloodbath everytime.My rangefinder,my ammo,my fuel,my crew,everything gets hit!At first i just chalked it up to higher tiers better players,and of course complained about it the entire time in game,and if the players who use them really thought they were fair they would say"sorry darth i am using the critical hit skin on you",they never do.So it is obvious that those who use them are not proud of themselves for doing so.ANYONE WHO USES THEM IS A CHEATER AND A COWARD!,who does not have any honor or warrior code to them!,plain and simple.WOT should ban any skin that gives any player an advantage over others!Skins used for asetic purposes are fine and dandy these are not.
I do pretty much agree with what you have said here and that is why I asked these players to make a thread for others to use as a reference. But it seems as if that is being ignored. If you guyz think it is so fair and nothing wrong with it then why is it so difficult to make a thread and post pictures of these skins for all to see and use as a reference. I kinda feel like they are ashamed and don't want their name associated with it personally. So if you are so convinced that there is nothing wrong with it then step up to the plate and stand by your choice to use them and just make a thread with pics for all players to have access to.

superfluidity #45 Posted May 16 2011 - 13:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12417 battles

View Postdarthcarabis, on May 15 2011 - 02:08, said:

WOT should ban any skin that gives any player an advantage over others!

Thank you, Darth.

I am totally against the use of these skins during live play and completely support their ban.  If it were possible to only allow them in training matches... for TRAINING purposes, I would be fine with that.  I hate to be so against something that undoubtedly took a considerable amount of time and effort... but in the end, so does any hack or cheat.

Keep in mind, all of this is my opinion alone.  I have no authority to pass official judgement, only try to appeal to other WoT player's morality.

Superfluidity

TrIpMo #46 Posted May 16 2011 - 14:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 2 battles
N00bs. More I cannot say. If you need critical damage skins for tanks, you are just a n00b. That doesn't know the tanks.

Cya.

Davenport #47 Posted May 16 2011 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19131 battles
  • [ELS] ELS
This is cheating. Plain and simple. It's also not against the rules apparently? Is this a joke?. This game has too many problems as it is and now it's ok to cheat. Pfft.

Eliminateur #48 Posted May 16 2011 - 15:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15717 battles
TheEngine, remember that tomorrow patch comes out and several tanks(almost all of the german ones) have considerable different hitboxes and weakspots now(specially maus) so it's essentially a do-over.

for example, for maus it would be good to add a new area in the skirts in BLACK that denotes that hitting that with practically ANYTHING will result in NO DAMAGE.
Same with new tracking system, skins should be modified to show the tracking chances(leave only the high chances areas to prevent visual overload).

btw, i applaud your initivative on this and you can count on me for testing, i'm around your time as well you can look me up ingame

and i do hope moderators step in and clean this thread, after all this thread is about TE asking for help on the skins(in 2 pages i have yet to see a RELEVANT response other than inmature forum trolling and bickering), not for silly childish bickering on the morality of the skins or the theoretical definition of "cheat", go open up another thread in off-topic and stop bothering here with your unwanted opinions people, get off your high horse for once.... <_<

Davenport #49 Posted May 16 2011 - 15:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19131 battles
  • [ELS] ELS
Wow. People will come up with all kinds of excuses to make something look like it's not a cheat/exploit. Why would people want to help someone cheat? Sad...and Oh no! I got a - to my reputation for speaking the truth! That explains alot about this community. Glad I don't care.