The WGLNA Gold League is unlike any of our other tournaments. Please review all guidelines below.
- One team advances to the WGLNA Gold League's Season 4 from Qualifier 1.
- Brackets are randomly seeded.
- All matches follow a best-of-five format. In the event of a draw, teams continue in the map pool until a winner is decided or chosen maps are exhausted.
- If all 5 maps are exhausted, the match goes to a Tie-Breaker Assault. Teams may choose different tanks, follow the tank selection rules.
Vehicle Limit: Tier VIII
- Tier points: 42 tier points (-1 for each player less than 7)
- Teams may choose to play without a full roster of 7 players. Teams cannot play with less than 5 players.
- Matches must play at designated times.
- Teams will play a best-of-five format. Please refer to the Tie-Breaker Assault rules if there is no winner after five battles.
- Map picking begins with a coin toss by the tournament admin. The winner of the coin toss (Team A) picks the side they would like to start on for the Map of the Day. Team A may defer choice of side on Map of the Day to their opponent in favor of first map pick. The loser (Team B) of the coin toss will then initiate the map picking process. All maps are selected before match initiation.
- Map/Side picking is as follows:
Team A picks side on Map of the Day or defers to their opponent(B). In the case of a deferral, A will pick the map for the next battle.
If A defers map side then continue the series with A and B swapped.
Team B picks 1st map or defers to their opponent(A) and then B will pick side.
Team A picks 2nd map or defers to their opponent(B) and then A will pick side.
Team B picks 3rd map or defers to their opponent(A) and then B will pick side.
Team A picks 4th map or defers to their opponent(B) and then A will pick side.
Battle order is:
- Map of the Day(Side Team A)
- Team B map or defer
- Team A map or defer
- Team B map or defer
- Team A map or defer
The Map of the Day is predetermined for that day of league play. Listed here are the maps for each day in order of day played:
The Map of the Day may not be chosen for a match. It may be chosen on any other day. The following maps may be used:
- Tie-Breaker Assault occurs if no team has won after five matches. The winner of Tie-Breaker Assault advances in the bracket.
- The Tie-Breaker Assault map will take place on Karelia.
- Side (determining which team defends or attacks) is determined by whichever team inflicts the most damage after five rounds. The team inflicting the most damage may defer this decision to the other team.
- The format remains 7x42 with Tier VIII tanks being the greatest tier allowed.
- The “defending” team wins if the “attacking” team cannot capture the “defending” team’s cap. The “attacking” team wins if the “attacking” team destroys all the “defending” team’s tanks or captures the “defending” team’s cap.
- The team selecting the side picks the first two tanks. The other team then picks two tanks. This continues until everyone has picked their tank. Tank selection is then permanent and gameplay commences.
- Tank selection is under a 60 second countdown. The admin commences the battle after the 60 second countdown.
- Every team member must record replays. Captains are required to take screenshots of battle results and any rule violations when disputing results.
- Upon completion of a match, both teams report their victory by contacting the admin in the WGLNAQual channel and emailing all match replays and results to WGLNAQualifier@gmail.com.
- Teams found using players that are not part of their rosters may be disqualified at the discretion of the admin(s).
- In the event of a dispute, players should contact an available WGLNA_Admin in the WGLNAQual chat channel in the World of Tanks client immediately.
Getting Into Your Matches
- Unlike other World of Tanks competitions, the matches for this event are not automated.
- The first qualifier round begins Thursday, May 22nd at 17:00 PDT. Teams must be available 30 minutes before their scheduled match time for match broadcasting.
- Matches are scheduled to be played and broadcasted at these times. Match times will be confirmed for each team at close of registration:
Matches 1-15 play at 1700 PDT, be available at 1630 PDT
Matches 16-31 play at 1800 PDT, be available at 1730 PDT
Matches 32-47 play at 1900 PDT, be available at 1830 PDT
Matches 48-64 play at 2000 PDT, be available at 1930 PDT
- Teams chosen for broadcasting must use the WGLNA teamspeak to communicate. Failure to do so results in disqualification. The teamspeak server address will be provided to the team captain.
- Teams must be aware of their start times and opponents by checking the tournament bracket.
- Teams must appoint one member to join World of Tanks chat channel “WGLNAQual” for coordinating matches and contacting league admin(s) when necessary.
- Matches take place in “Team Training” rooms..
- Teams are responsible for contacting their opponents and initiating matches on time. Each round of play has a designated start time which is strictly adhered to.
- A WGLNA_Admin must be contacted in the event a team is NOT able to connect with an opponent. The available team may be awarded a walkover victory per admin(s) decision.
- Qualifier 1 takes place over several days.