Open League Teams Adding more?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Guest_stormcrowe_* #1 Posted May 05 2014 - 07:07

Ok i have  a general question/suggestion perhaps.With the growing popularity of the leagues. Woul dit make sense to have more teams to each lvl below gold?It look slike last seasons open league for example had 29 teams. If that holds true this season and say 50% come back from last season. Means only 15 new teams get it. But say you have 100 that sign up to try to get in and  lets say 30 of the 100 are real teams and not ones that would flake out. That still means 15 of those get left out.I know teams were complaining of other teams quiting during the season and not showing up.If you expand let more in makes for a better league allows more teams to play to get better which makes the league better  overall.If say a teamm dq's for  2 weeks consecutive why cant they jst refuse there sign up going forward?Just my thoughts

votato #2 Posted May 05 2014 - 09:30

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles
Well the idea is that over the next few seasons, the teams that just cant commit to showing up for the full 3 month season will be eliminated from the league completely. The idea of league is not to allow anyone to sign up and play - that's what smaller tournaments are for. League exists rather to showcase the best players, and more importantly, the best teams in all of North America.

Guest_stormcrowe_* #3 Posted May 05 2014 - 18:59

I get that but isnt the idea of the open league to be the bottom developmental league Ie let as many teams in who want to compete to make the higher leagues better? You still only take the top percent in each league anyway to move up rest stay put. Jst saying maybe expanding the open would be better was all.

votato #4 Posted May 05 2014 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View Poststormcrowe, on May 05 2014 - 13:59, said:

I get that but isnt the idea of the open league to be the bottom developmental league Ie let as many teams in who want to compete to make the higher leagues better? You still only take the top percent in each league anyway to move up rest stay put. Jst saying maybe expanding the open would be better was all.

if you want a less competitive tournament environment, please consider doing Skirmish Tournaments. There are lots of people who want to play pro football too - should they increase the size of the NFL so anyone who wants to could make a team? Or make more leagues below? No! Thats a lot of money and time that they would have to put into organizing, and no one would want to watch a bunch of amateurs run around on the football field. 

If you really want to play WGLNA format, either make a team that can qualify (there are already plenty of slots), join a team that can qualify (you have tons of options already), or do team battles. Team battles are a great way to play that format whenever you want, but without having to embarrass yourselves by winning no matches all season long. You get to learn by facing the pro teams, but the pro teams dont have to waste their time on you.

Additionally, adding more slots would only make the season longer and force more teams to go belly up. It would only worsen the issues you were describing.

firekitty #5 Posted May 06 2014 - 20:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43345 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR
Perhaps an option is to increase the amount of skirmish tournaments. Doing so would allow players to experience tournaments, develop skills in that format, and when decide to be in a league will benefit the team more from their experience in them. Understanding would be gained about the commitment to be on a team and hopefully lessen absenteeism in league play. I hope to be on a team this summer in open league and would have participated in skirmishes if they were more frequent. I hope my suggestion provides a win-win option for any interested in tournament play.

votato #6 Posted May 08 2014 - 10:45

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View Postfirekitty, on May 06 2014 - 15:14, said:

Perhaps an option is to increase the amount of skirmish tournaments. Doing so would allow players to experience tournaments, develop skills in that format, and when decide to be in a league will benefit the team more from their experience in them. Understanding would be gained about the commitment to be on a team and hopefully lessen absenteeism in league play. I hope to be on a team this summer in open league and would have participated in skirmishes if they were more frequent. I hope my suggestion provides a win-win option for any interested in tournament play.

there are skirmishes literally every week. where unlimited teams can sign up. and if you cant make it all week, they even have a bracket thats weekend only.

exSaint #7 Posted May 08 2014 - 22:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9072 battles

View Postvodean, on May 08 2014 - 05:45, said:

there are skirmishes literally every week. where unlimited teams can sign up. and if you cant make it all week, they even have a bracket thats weekend only.

Unsure why you were negged for that. Fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users