• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

hardicon #41 Posted May 04 2011 - 16:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54352 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostRicox, on May 03 2011 - 22:00, said:

Wrong. You don't get additional XP for getting the killing shot, that would be senseless.

http://forum.worldof...-what-will-not/

well clearly from that post there, line 5 states you will get experience for getting the kill shot on a tank.  so i guess its senseless then but it is indeed an award.  next time do your research before you call someone out.

stickjock #42 Posted May 04 2011 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT
Thanks for that link Icon... good info in there  :Smile_honoring:

hardicon #43 Posted May 04 2011 - 19:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54352 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
your welcome, that should clear up some of the confusion here.  

Not that i disagree with the original post, whoever gets the kill gets it, people shouldnt complain, this is a team based game, but there is a small xp award for getting the kill, but  a bigger reward for damage done.  the only time i have a problem with "killstealing" is when someone doesnt do anything to help damage the tank and save their shot to get the kill shot, either help me with the tank or leave it alone, ill do it myself, dont wait till my next shot will kill it anyway.

stickjock #44 Posted May 04 2011 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT
Being still relatively new to the game, I "really" don't have a problem with Kill Stealing... silly term if you ask me.... anywho, most of my vehicles are still in the "light" range... I've gotten kills... woohooo!!... but for the most part, if I can take 'em down a bit and another team member comes in and kills him... (preferably before I get killed) then all good in my book.  One less enemy lobbing shells our way or spotting for his arty.

Wolfrum #45 Posted May 04 2011 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 16572 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I have to admit, when I first started I treated this much like CS and the likes where the 'Kill' was what made one useful.

That being said after I was 'blooded' in battle and learned the ropes of the game I found I was doing much better in hunter killer groups of 3-5 tanks in formation.

I got top gun for one in my 35T , however I took the time to thank all the people who were with me fighting. Sure I was the lucky bastard who on 2 of them finished them off but end of the day we were a team.

I don't think I've ever been called a KS by anyone.

Its a good game, and once you get into the higher tier's its stick together or die alone.

-Wolf

Kritdonkulus #46 Posted May 08 2011 - 12:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE
Let's not forget that sometimes shells costs so much it's really not worth finishing off a target. Particularily when your rolling around in higher tier tanks where each shot costs you upwards of 1k. i.e When I play my IS-2 using the 122-25t gun. It costs 1k to sling an AP shell and 600 for an HE. Upper tier tanks are notorious money drains, I would much rather somebody else get the killing blow after I did the lion share of the work(and received the lion share of the credits/xp) to finish that tank off so it's no longer a threat.

Whyan #47 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles

View PostKritara, on May 08 2011 - 12:56, said:

Let's not forget that sometimes shells costs so much it's really not worth finishing off a target. Particularily when your rolling around in higher tier tanks where each shot costs you upwards of 1k. i.e When I play my IS-2 using the 122-25t gun. It costs 1k to sling an AP shell and 600 for an HE. Upper tier tanks are notorious money drains, I would much rather somebody else get the killing blow after I did the lion share of the work(and received the lion share of the credits/xp) to finish that tank off so it's no longer a threat.
Yea, thats why i hesitate when pick my targets in my su 152, as im not willing to blow a shot on a small, low tier tank and have my ass rolled 3 seconds later by a heavy.

A_Locomotive #48 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9613 battles
I'd argue there is such a thing as kill stealing. Today I went a round with my hetzer and I was little by little picking of a KV that was driving straight at me, I was doing pretty damn well since he for whatever reason didn't stop to fire so every round was way off. I got him down to 2% and then right before I could kill him a near by guy fired on him. The guy that killed him had been hiding in the bushes not moving and didn't fire once until I'd gotten the KV's health down. This was very clearly a kill steal. Had he been helping me whittle it down it wouldn't have bothered me in the least.  :angry:

Whyan #49 Posted May 09 2011 - 05:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles

View PostA_Locomotive, on May 09 2011 - 02:53, said:

I'd argue there is such a thing as kill stealing. Today I went a round with my hetzer and I was little by little picking of a KV that was driving straight at me, I was doing pretty damn well since he for whatever reason didn't stop to fire so every round was way off. I got him down to 2% and then right before I could kill him a near by guy fired on him. The guy that killed him had been hiding in the bushes not moving and didn't fire once until I'd gotten the KV's health down. This was very clearly a kill steal. Had he been helping me whittle it down it wouldn't have bothered me in the least.  :angry:
It doesn't matter since you will recieve the credit for damaging the most, he only recieves credit for the last 2% he did. I wish they would list damage done rather than kills, it sorts out alot of problems associated with team play such as wrongful accusations and ignorance.

MajorPremise #50 Posted May 09 2011 - 06:14

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3414 battles
What I'm most tired of is all the newbies running around humping their tanks against other tanks, firing their guns the moment the game starts and generally acting like idiots. I've lost count of the number of games where I've been on the losing side because I've watched my team do things like 'Zerg Rush' on El Haluf or charge the valley or try to take the Hill or any of the thousand other traps and conditional myths in the game.

I think that's one thing about WoT that's starting to really turn me off. If it was more like a regular MMO I could choose who I played with, it's largely not so in this game. I'm by and large forced into random battles with people who may be competent but are most likely not. I've recalled battles where I've wiped out five or six tanks and still watched us go down to defeat due to the rest of the team not knowing what they're doing. Naturally, that includes the 'kill obsessed' who could've done so much more to support the team.

A_Locomotive #51 Posted May 09 2011 - 08:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9613 battles

View PostWhyan, on May 09 2011 - 05:37, said:

It doesn't matter since you will recieve the credit for damaging the most, he only recieves credit for the last 2% he did. I wish they would list damage done rather than kills, it sorts out alot of problems associated with team play such as wrongful accusations and ignorance.

Oh I know that I get the experience for it and glad to have it, it just would have been nice to get the kill as well as it would have been a record for Hetzer kills for me as well.  :mellow: Plus killing KV's is always extremely satisfying, since my Hetzer is my first tank that can actually do more then chip their paint.  :Smile-playing:

flatstiger69 #52 Posted May 10 2011 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 62428 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS
Miss Strega is HOT !

Achtung_T_Shirt #53 Posted May 11 2011 - 02:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 27531 battles
Is that anything like "Ninja Looting"?

Lert #54 Posted May 11 2011 - 12:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44693 battles
You get a tiny bonus for killing an enemy tank that's at low health. However, shooting a 2% enemy tank when your gun can do 15% damage to him per shot also means that you'll be getting less xp and credits, because you're not doing near max damage.

w4golf #55 Posted May 12 2011 - 17:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7887 battles
There's certainly no such thing as kill stealing.  I don't know how many times I've had an opponent down to less than 10 percent and have been grateful that somebody else waxed him so that I didn't take another round going my way.  Arty, fellow tank, sniper from 600 yards, I don't care, knock 'em out, and I will help you do the same later.  Now that I'm getting the hang of playing with the Panzer IV (after starting out brutally with the tank) actually my typical rounds either look like.... 0 kills 1-2 damaged 1-2 spotted and I got turned into a slag heap, or 0-3 kills, 3-6 damaged, 1-3 spotted.  I'm not disappointed when I get that game where I hit 4-5 tanks and don't get the winner if we're rolling them 15-5.  I certainly feel better about winning and putting a lot tanks that are later destroyed in a spot of bother than getting 2 kills by myself and getting slagged.  Heck, when really overmatched in tanks with small guns, I don't think it's a bad round to get 3-4 spotted who are slagged by artillery/other tanks and I don't touch them, but by hiding and spotting, I allow my team to know the shape of the battlefield and to react accordingly.  My favorite players when I'm in one of the real killers on the battlefield are those than know how to play as a cav scout.  It allows me to make informed decisions and keep as much firepower on the map as possible while reducing the enemy firepower.  

Scouts that are not suicide scouts are a massive combat multiplier even if they never fire a round.

KilljoyCutter #56 Posted May 12 2011 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View Postmutantmatt, on Apr 30 2011 - 14:00, said:

An enemy at 1% can kill you just as easy as a tank at 100%. If I have a shot I'm taking it regardless of who took the other 99%.

Exactly.  Finish the bastard off.  I can't tell you how often, as artillery, I've found an enemy enaged with 2 or 3 teammates, knocked it down under 10% health because it sat there and let me line up a shot to the lid, and moved on, figuring I'd done my job... only to have to kill that tank when it showed up in my setup area several minutes later.  For that reason alone, I'm always tempted to wait and lob another round onto any tank that's not destroyed, for that reason, even if it's at 1% health.

Rickenbacker #57 Posted May 13 2011 - 01:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKilljoyCutter, on May 12 2011 - 18:12, said:

Exactly.  Finish the bastard off.  I can't tell you how often, as artillery, I've found an enemy enaged with 2 or 3 teammates, knocked it down under 10% health because it sat there and let me line up a shot to the lid, and moved on, figuring I'd done my job... only to have to kill that tank when it showed up in my setup area several minutes later.  For that reason alone, I'm always tempted to wait and lob another round onto any tank that's not destroyed, for that reason, even if it's at 1% health.

This. I enjoy playing as arty, and used to track, and damage heavies to the best of my ability, but generally left that KV with 4% health alone, since I figured he'd be an easy kill for someone else. Then I had a KV like that kill 3-4 of my teammates, while he had 4% health. I got him, and we won in the end, but ever since then I'll keep shooting until they're dead. I figure the bonus for the win more than compensates for the money and xp I lose by "wasting" a shell on a low health tank.

willyTank #58 Posted May 13 2011 - 03:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 4254 battles

Many young gamers, coming into WoT from the various websites, come here with the whole "halo" mentality as a friend of mine calls it. This mentality is one of "though I am on a team, I must still get more kills to prove I'm better than everyone else." It's what you could say is a kind of lone wolf within a team. We've all seen this type before, usually in the form of a light or medium tank that goes off on its own and typically dies a very fiery death when it runs into a larger opposing force. Not team players some would say. It is these, who have this idea that they must best every person in single PvP combat, that will quickly scream "KS" or "Kill Steal" the moment someone else comes along and finishes off whatever they have targeted.

I call this "Generation X-Box"

DJ18 #59 Posted May 13 2011 - 03:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18659 battles
Firstly this is a damaged based game. The more damage you do the more XP you get getting kills has nothing to do with it. Secondly, this is also a team based game and when your team is getting kills and you are assisting them even though you did most of the damage on the tank you should be pleased. Thirdly, if it was your kill you would of killed it.

LMG #60 Posted May 13 2011 - 05:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2183 battles
The other day I damaged a M6, which then appeared somewhere else. It shot a ally heavy tank, this one shot back, then before the M6 fired again I killed it. An ally typed: "Hetzer (the TD I was driving) kill steal". This is what crossed my mind after reading that: "Sure, next time I'll let it shoot you again so you can get the kill -_- "

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users