No such thing as "Kill Steal..."

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

w4golf #61 Posted May 13 2011 - 13:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7887 battles
As well, I'm betting that by not waiting, you actually probably (on average) give more kills to that player because he'll be less damaged half the time, or better yet, not dead.  

Blaze away....

Dirg #62 Posted May 13 2011 - 14:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26199 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
My friends and I platoon often and we go out of our way to give the enemy 1 target to shoot at. When the Designated lead tank gets low health he moves back and a fresh tank leads off, the more guns alive the better your odds to win. I have won a ton of maps with double digit health numbers on 2 tanks out of a 3man platoon.

Moral of my story? I dare you to not finish me off because I will make you pay dearly for it. :Smile-playing:

ratpak #63 Posted May 13 2011 - 15:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26539 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
when we platoon up we concentrate fire on the most dangerous tank available that we can see.  We shoot until it is dead, we don't care who gets the kill we kill it and move to the next.  Play like you are supposed to and there is no such thing as kill stealing.

KilljoyCutter #64 Posted May 13 2011 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostDirg, on May 13 2011 - 14:57, said:

My friends and I platoon often and we go out of our way to give the enemy 1 target to shoot at. When the Designated lead tank gets low health he moves back and a fresh tank leads off, the more guns alive the better your odds to win. I have won a ton of maps with double digit health numbers on 2 tanks out of a 3man platoon.

Moral of my story? I dare you to not finish me off because I will make you pay dearly for it. :Smile-playing:

Yep.  True but silly story... was driving my M2 medium... low-tier battle, I got wailed on defending the base, down to ~5% health, but they never finished me off...  so I hid behind two rows of bushes taking sniper shots at the red silhouettes I could see engaging my teammates.  No kills while doing it, but I think I tracked or critted 5 different tanks from that point on.  It's the tank you don't kill that comes back to haunt you.

Kitefella #65 Posted May 13 2011 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24813 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-
I came to WoT from the team-based game Day of Defeat. There it was about capping the map becasuse players resurrected when they were killed. But it was about teamwork.
This is a wonderful team game.
I'm still learning - playing mostly light and tank killers like the Jager. Last night I was defending on Porokova with a Jager. I let the team go forward that was suited for it, and stayed behind in the bushes.
I ended up shooting some as they advanced - I may have "taken" from teammates but that wasn't the goal. I was using the weapon as it was intended: taking the long open shots. Later when a BT-7 ran up close to, and started thrashing a nearby arty, I shot him up - to save a teammate.
Finally, keep in mind, we're playing to have fun - this is recreation, not about about notches on a gun grip.

Sierra1968 #66 Posted May 13 2011 - 20:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10890 battles
  • [D-INC] D-INC
I don't care who kills the enemy armor. Sometimes I finish them off, and somtimes other players finish off "my" kill.  Doesn't matter to me.  I'm happy to beat 'em up at long range, so arty, or someone closer can finish them off.  That's one less vehicle I hve to worry about coming after me at the flag!

Magick #67 Posted May 14 2011 - 12:09

Major

• Players
  • 3602 battles

View PostLMG, on May 13 2011 - 05:38, said:

The other day I damaged a M6, which then appeared somewhere else. It shot a ally heavy tank, this one shot back, then before the M6 fired again I killed it. An ally typed: "Hetzer (the TD I was driving) kill steal". This is what crossed my mind after reading that: "Sure, next time I'll let it shoot you again so you can get the kill -_- "

Currently I'm driving a VK3002DB which for any newcomers is a Tier 7 medium tank.  It can take on and survive against many types of heavies, with I think my biggest kill being an IS3...That's really beside the point, but what I'm getting at here is that this medium tank packs one HECK of a punch when it comes to combat. However at a glance it looks like just your average thin skinned medium tank.

The other day, while in a battle, I killed an IS which this Tiger (with the starter turret) had been pinging away at but not doing much damage to. After I killed the IS, the Tiger screams "Kill Steal" and goes on this rant about how he is a Heavy, he could deal with it.  So, being a bit...mean I suppose, I decided to take him down a peg or two. Though I followed him around, I waited till he ran afoul of another heavy, in this case a T1.  Now most everyone knows a Tiger should be able to deal with that, but by the same token, with the starter turret and gun, they may be a bit pressed to do so. I sat back and watched that battle, watching the T1 take this Tiger down a few pegs and destroyed him.  The guy then called out asking me why I didn't help him then. My response was simple. "You're a heavy, you deal with it."  He didn't say another word the rest of the battle.

Typically, I (and most of my clan) operate under the philosophy that if you are going to scream "kill steal" then we're going to leave you well enough alone. No matter if you get yourself in over your head, we aren't going to help you.  In short, you're on your own.

pekiti #68 Posted May 14 2011 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3669 battles
To me, anyone who actually believes in 'Kill Stealing' in WoT is either ignorant, or stupid. Ignorance is a lack of education, and can be fixed by explaining the rules and game mechanics. You can't cure stupid, of course, but you CAN ignore him and his little squeaks of indignation.

Kill every enemy you see, if you can, and do it before they kill me, please.

EDIT: To emphasize the point about 1% health tanks still being a deadly threat, I *just* finished a match on the Ensk map, in my SU85. I got 5 of my 6 kills with it, AFTER I was wounded down to 12 HP and left for dead. Nothing makes the enemy scream with rage more than seeing a nearly dead vehicle wipe out their team and win the match. Kill Every Target You Can.

Battleship_Constitution #69 Posted May 15 2011 - 04:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14255 battles
Just so you all know. Kill and damage are diffrent.

Kills= good exp only if you did 50+% of the damage. (this is what makes SPGS great EXP gainers)

Damage= Better exp when you take a target down to 1% and do not get the kill.

What I am trying to say is that you get more exp for over all damage to a target than the kill. The person who get the kill shot at1% will get less exp than the other person who solo took the target down to that 1%.

So really be happy that you the guy who did 99% of the damage got one over on that dude who only did 1%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users