Warpack mod

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

bat21zing #21 Posted May 10 2014 - 17:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24483 battles

View Postmustangman6579, on May 10 2014 - 07:45, said:

Is there a way for players to positively tell when another player is using this?

We can't all report every player we come across for cheats when we have no clue. 

I ask because today in one of my matches, i swear an SU-122-44 was using it. He was on the other side of the map, and dropping shots in between these 2 hills trying to hit me and 2 other tanks. By other side of the map, i mean I'm in the 2 line, and he's in the 0 line. 

I shoot random common camping bushes if I'm in a TD and have nothing else to shoot... why would you assume war pack?

Tolos #22 Posted May 10 2014 - 17:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postbat21zing, on May 10 2014 - 17:53, said:

I shoot random common camping bushes if I'm in a TD and have nothing else to shoot... why would you assume war pack?

Back when they removed the arty tracers, I used to blind fire into random known arty hiding spots and counter them, I do miss those " FKIN CHEATER " cries lol. 

BrianHorrocks #23 Posted May 10 2014 - 18:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3901 battles

View PostTolos, on May 10 2014 - 10:59, said:

So because I correct someone that gave the wrong information, you imply that i'm using warpack....

Honestly, the level of intelligence on this game just gets worse. 

the stupidity and assumptions are just mind boggling sometimes:

1. Your so called "correction" inserted a player's name into the conversation that the OP had not used and your direct accusation that he had was both false and provocative.

2. You drew the "implication" that you are using warpack from my comments. I made no such accusation but that you drew that "implication" (ie: [edited]/umption) is quite telling of your viewpoint indeed. 

3. I would agree with your last statement as reflective of your contributions here.  I would hope that you are not normally this quick to kneejerk into false assumptions, make fictional connections and read in players' names who really have no relation to the subject of this thread.  

If you really think the player you mentioned has committed actions that you think are relevant to the topic, please feel free to share and ofc, post some damn proof before invoking a player's name like that again. 

edit: especially someone who has a modpack of their own that they are gracious enough to share with the community at no cost.

Edited by BrianHorrocks, May 10 2014 - 18:06.

JohnDoeTank #24 Posted May 10 2014 - 18:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48509 battles

WarPack

We are glad to introduce the WarPack - modpack for the World of Tanks game.

The modpack contains:

- smart modified autoaim, that can track a target behind obstacles and highlight its contour. Also, it doesn't aim at the center of the vehicle, but at (preprogrammed) vulnerable spots. Oh, and it also calculates the speed of the target and aims in front of it to compensate (pre-aim)
-  automatic fire extinguisher/repair, a script that triggers the repair/extinguish automatically as soon as it happens

- removes any aim circle jerking (contrary to he official version, there is no jerk even when you get rammed)
- counterarty hack that puts a red dot on the spot enemy arty just fired from
- sixth sense mod that replaces the perk (if you don't have it), it shows you not only you are targetted but also who's targetting you
- artymode for tanks and TDs, snipermode for arty (with the artymode you can fire HE shells accross the map with a regular tank)
- tracerhack (visible and color tracers)
- a mod showing on minimap where trees fell or buildings got destroyed ("ideal for field commanders")
- a mod that removes ALL vegetation and "binoculars" in sniper mode
- laser pointer mod
- a free camera mod
- enemy reload timer
- white wrecks
- fire burst mode
- extended zoom in sniper mode

WarPack requires the Premium WoT account!

But, ALL these things are what you can do anyways and mods only make it easier?

RIght?

The mods could not allow a player to win a match that they would otherwise fail due to the removal of human limitations?

Right?

Let us all copy and paste the responses to the use of mods in other threads under the list of what this mod does.

Kreelan #25 Posted May 10 2014 - 19:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5106 battles

View PostJohnDoeTank, on May 10 2014 - 18:17, said:

WarPack requires the Premium WoT account!

But, ALL these things are what you can do anyways and mods only make it easier?

RIght?

The mods could not allow a player to win a match that they would otherwise fail due to the removal of human limitations?

Right?

Let us all copy and paste the responses to the use of mods in other threads under the list of what this mod does.

This can only work if the information used by this 'cheats' are redly available client side.

Would be rather negligent of WG to know about these exploits and not curb it somehow but me do smell a fishiness here.

WarPack requires the Premium WoT account - why? What extra information are supplied in normal game play for premium users? Nothing?

Warpack requires a licence to use - spend more money

All conspiracies aside one thing is clear from scanning through the Warpack forum, its far from stable and cause all sorts of instabilities and incompatibilities.

My WoT experience is lagging and iffy enough that I wont be adding more complexity to my game play because I'm to weak a human being to learn a new skill and practice to improve myself.

Yes I like to challenge and improve my self even in 'only a game' thanks you very much.

Edited by Kreelan, May 10 2014 - 19:44.

RodneyDangerfield #26 Posted May 10 2014 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 72344 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postmustangman6579, on May 10 2014 - 11:45, said:

Is there a way for players to positively tell when another player is using this?

We can't all report every player we come across for cheats when we have no clue. 

I ask because today in one of my matches, i swear an SU-122-44 was using it. He was on the other side of the map, and dropping shots in between these 2 hills trying to hit me and 2 other tanks. By other side of the map, i mean I'm in the 2 line, and he's in the 0 line. 

That doesn't mean warpack.. I take blind shots all the time as well as shots outside of draw range by lining up where the enemy is on the map and using easily definable landmarks and terrain features you see in your sniper scope.

Clearly_Hacking #27 Posted May 10 2014 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31180 battles

Perfect time to point out there is no anti cheat  for this game.

If anyone has / does .....ect .. there is nothing to be done about it.  I've been shot once by a guy using WP.. Foch (41% player ) aimed his gun  as high as it  would go and penned the top of my  e5 while I  was behind  a building debris

He was 50m away , I  was lit , he was lit.....Wondered wth is he was doing then BLAM. I can only assume it was WP arty /sniper mod. Was by far the most  baffling shot I've ever  seen.

Edited by Beakedplace, May 10 2014 - 20:40.

Cartoonman #28 Posted May 10 2014 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 14656 battles

Warpack is about as useful as autoaim in helping a tomato blaze his way to failure victory.

If you can't tank, there's no mod that can ever help you. Not even warpack.

Spectrumpigg #29 Posted May 10 2014 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 8799 battles
From what I hear is that warpack doesn't do all the things it says it does. Mostly it's used for credit/debit card fraud. So take that as you will.

Cartoonman #30 Posted May 10 2014 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 14656 battles

View PostSpectrumpigg, on May 10 2014 - 15:43, said:

From what I hear is that warpack doesn't do all the things it says it does. Mostly it's used for credit/debit card fraud. So take that as you will.

I've seen it in action on a youtube video I think warpack devs published, and honestly it didn't look even remotely attractive to me. It's actually way more distracting than anything. It turns WoT into a lazertag tournament. 

Guest_Dukebarry_* #31 Posted May 10 2014 - 20:53

There was a time when the ignorant believed in Magic. Anything they couldn't do or understand was magic.

Now it's hacks.                I don't understand how the game works so better players must use hacks.

Dogbeast #32 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

What is warpack?

Is it a cheat code?

mustangman6579 #33 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 21539 battles
  • [RID] RID

View PostDedmanwalkin, on May 10 2014 - 05:28, said:

Some players use the mini map and experience with the map. Based on where you were last spotted, even if you are well beyond draw range if one knows the map and landmark where you on the mini map one can get lucky with hits. I've done this, and with a fast RoF gun the SU-122-44 has, I'd gamble and take shots at you too. 

View Postbat21zing, on May 10 2014 - 09:53, said:

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on May 10 2014 - 11:50, said:

That doesn't mean warpack.. I take blind shots all the time as well as shots outside of draw range by lining up where the enemy is on the map and using easily definable landmarks and terrain features you see in your sniper scope.

Not from 9-0 line to the 1-2 line you can't

View PostDrewDoughty, on May 10 2014 - 07:21, said:

First thing, POST YOUR REPLAY

Second, watch the replay yourself and try to understand it.

I didn't save it. Didn't even cross my mind till I saw the other warpack thread, and thought back to where that SU was when he was shooting at me and the others. I know it was him, because he hit me once. 

RodneyDangerfield #34 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 72344 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostCartoonman, on May 10 2014 - 20:45, said:

I've seen it in action on a youtube video I think warpack devs published, and honestly it didn't look even remotely attractive to me. It's actually way more distracting than anything. It turns WoT into a lazertag tournament. 

A long time ago my children saw a commercial on tv for a "Bubble BBQ". They thought it was sooooo cool, best thing since sliced bread.  So I went out and bought one and gave it to them.  After about an hour they were very disappointed.  It didn't work as well as it did in the commercial and they were not having as much fun as the kids in the commercial were having.  I then explained to them that commercials ( like the warpack vid on YouTube) are there to get you to buy their product, not to inform you of great products.  Best $20 I ever spent. To this day 8 years later they will see a commercial and whisper to themselfs "Bubble BBQ".

mustangman6579 #35 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 21539 battles
  • [RID] RID

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on May 10 2014 - 13:21, said:

A long time ago my children saw a commercial on tv for a "Bubble BBQ". They thought it was sooooo cool, best thing since sliced bread.  So I went out and bought one and gave it to them.  After about an hour they were very disappointed.  It didn't work as well as it did in the commercial and they were not having as much fun as the kids in the commercial were having.  I then explained to them that commercials ( like the warpack vid on YouTube) are there to get you to buy their product, not to inform you of great products.  Best $20 I ever spent. To this day 8 years later they will see a commercial and whisper to themselfs "Bubble BBQ".

How DARE you talk about a Bubble BBQ and NOT share a video......

My curiosity got to me. 

RodneyDangerfield #36 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 72344 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postmustangman6579, on May 10 2014 - 21:26, said:

How DARE you talk about a Bubble BBQ and NOT share a video......

My curiosity got to me. 

The actual version you but has about 1/3rd the power.

mustangman6579 #37 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 21539 battles
  • [RID] RID

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on May 10 2014 - 13:33, said:

The actual version you but has about 1/3rd the power.

this is what you should have gotten. 

RodneyDangerfield #38 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 72344 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postmustangman6579, on May 10 2014 - 21:14, said:

Not from 9-0 line to the 1-2 line you can't

You'd be surprised at the Hail Marys I have hit outside draw range to reset cap.

RodneyDangerfield #39 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 72344 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postmustangman6579, on May 10 2014 - 21:35, said:

this is what you should have gotten. 

The bubble BBQ was perfect.

buying a crappy product because of a commercial....... $20

Years of peace not being asked for everything on tv.... Priceless

mustangman6579 #40 Posted May 10 2014 - 21:58

Major