T-29 is complitely disbalanced for its Tier.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic

xGear #21 Posted May 01 2011 - 01:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 4367 battles

View PostKalis, on Apr 30 2011 - 22:39, said:

um...
You seem to live in a fantasy world.

Yes he does. Or is very good troll :P

Whyan #22 Posted May 01 2011 - 01:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles
Obviously your doing something wrong, and for the record your kv 3 is capable of face hugging the t29 and killing it, hell a kv 3 and the t 29 are almost on par with each other and what makes it even funnier is that the t 29 only has that 279mm or something armoured on its mantel, everywhere else its considerably less,

MasterWolf #23 Posted May 01 2011 - 01:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6485 battles
seriously - drive the damn tank before you pan it

the t29 takes a lot of grinding to become good

yes - fully upgraded it is an evil tank, but to get it there you go through a lot of suck first

as for it being an "uber tank" no - best in tier yes - better than or equal to tier 8 - not even close

VooDooPC #24 Posted May 01 2011 - 02:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11337 battles

View PostMasterWolf, on May 01 2011 - 01:20, said:

seriously - drive the damn tank before you pan it

the t29 takes a lot of grinding to become good

yes - fully upgraded it is an evil tank, but to get it there you go through a lot of suck first

as for it being an "uber tank" no - best in tier yes - better than or equal to tier 8 - not even close
I had the T29 in beta and I just got it in release the other day. Right now I only have the 90mm, which I got from the M6, and I think it's an okay tank stock with 90mm. I haven't had much trouble penetrating Tigers or ISes. It can penetrate Tiger IIs and IS-3s from the side as well. It's a little slow up hills with no upgrades, but I spend a lot of time camping behind rocks and dead tanks. :)

Homeles #25 Posted May 01 2011 - 06:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6388 battles
The problem here isn't that the T29 is overpowered. The problem is that the Tiger, along with a handful of other German tanks, is a complete piece of garbage.

Yeah, it might be a bit more powerful for its tier than it should be, but there are more glaring issues in the game than the T29's balancing.

Mow_Mow #26 Posted May 01 2011 - 08:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12058 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
You do know that the T29 deals the least damage out of all three tier 7 tanks? Tiger can penetrate all over T29's turret except for the manlet box, and the IS flat out outdamages the T29 and has higher armor on the body. It also doesn't get set on fire as often as the Tiger or T29. 0,37 is also crap accuracy for a tank that needs to hide and has a turret the size of Vermont.

Midas_Touch #27 Posted May 02 2011 - 04:09

Private

• Players
  • 5142 battles
After reading a few of the people defending the T29, ur best defense is bringing in other american tanks that have NOTHING TO DO with this topic. I dont care about other tiers, we're discussing the tier 7 T29... i play SU152 (175 pen), T29 is by far the hardest tank to penatrate. although the T29s body armor is significantly lower than its overpowered turret's, i cant remember how many times ive bounced off its hull. any good T29 player will keep only its turret exposed, like have a short train car covering its hull, or stick just its turret out over a hill, and then you CANT penatrate it. from my experience i almost never bounce a tiger, usually 4 shot them in a 1v1, and against a t29 usually it ends up as me maybe getting 1 hit while it completely kills me. anyone who says "well just aim at its ears", u mustve never shot at a T29 because the 'ears' dont amount to much of a target...about 4 sqaure feet, which not even the most accurate gun will hit. there are ways to play every tank correctly i know, but there are wayyyyy more ways to play T29 correctly because theyre so overpowered and excell in too many different situations.

Asyranok #28 Posted May 02 2011 - 04:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30448 battles
Its funny that people are complaining about this tank AFTER it was nerfed into submission. Just because you are stupid to not use auto aim doesn't mean a tank has to be nerfed into line with your percieved specifications. Its when a tank is unbeatable or way overpowered that it needs to be nerfed...

A T29 does less damage than an IS... About 300 less hitpoints than a Tiger. Just try shooting NOT at its turret. All T-series American tanks have insane turret armor so get used to it. The turret on the T29 is huge and bulbous - the moment they nerf it to satisfy you, it will be made a useless tank because everyone will hit its huge and relatively unsloped turret and tear the tank apart with no effort.

Just learn to aim smarter...

I had two Kv-3 drivers complaining about my turret armor yesterday. They made themselves look so stupid calling me overpowered - when they are driving kv-3's... enough said.

hardicon #29 Posted May 02 2011 - 16:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54352 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
um the t29 has been the most nerfed tank in this game, and they wasnt just nerfs to their height like the t54, these have been serious nerfs to its rate of fire, to its armor and one bug fix supposedly that said it was getting too much armor.  the t29 has a reload time of around 15 seconds with 100 percent crew and no modules, that is what mine has at this time.  is it a good tank, hell i think its a great tank, but every time i kill a is or tiger or whatever it is because i outplay them, not because my tank is so much better than their tank.  i play conservatively with my american tanks, if you charge head first into the enemy then you will die, so i make those guys charge me headfirst.  if they refuse to charge me, then i beat them at peekaboo.  i find a way to cover my hull up if at all possible and take out the biggest threats to me, which is btw everything on the field, cause everything can penetrate my armor.  t29 is a great tank, i think it is better than the is and tiger, but not because of the tank, because i feel im a better player than half those drivers, most people in a is or tiger sit in the open and get shot at, they never try to use terrain to their advantage, playing american tanks teaches you how to use terrain.  tiger go get one and see how easy it dies, im sure you will have a different opinion then.

this tank has been nerfed enough, leave it alone, the only other thing they can do to nerf it more is remove the gun completely from it, and make it throw whiffle balls at you.

Jaysinx1 #30 Posted May 02 2011 - 21:07

Private

• Players
  • 9145 battles
From what I hear talked in game this is a russian game so all the tanks besides those are nurfed...If this is true it sux balls!

Evisicator #31 Posted May 02 2011 - 21:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3258 battles
I think the OP should just be quiet and know what he is talking about before he opens his mouth. The OP clearly has no idea what it is he is talking about and I am glad he has no input on balance.

As far as his challenge 2:1 I will gladly take it. I will even take you 1:1 and I will pick my t6 tank and mop up the floor with you. Thats right I will pick a tier lower than you and clean house 1:1, there is more to the game than your ill conceived BS. All I need to do is know where to shoot you and your supposedly OP tank becomes scrap metal from just about any weapon.

artilector #32 Posted May 03 2011 - 01:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24513 battles
Yes, the T29 is OP.

In the IS you have to outplay it in order to be able to get at its weakspots, whereas it does not have to outplay you to hurt you.
Weak hull armor? Please -- a decent driver is not going to easily expose the side of his hull. The front of the T29 hull bounces plenty of shots.
Ears -- oh yeah, with the 0.4 accuracy on the IS guns, I can easily pick out anything I want, lol.
It's an OP tank just like the KV, in my estimation.

Not a big deal though, makes it that much sweeter to kill them.

OberSchutze #33 Posted May 03 2011 - 04:23

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8435 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS
Also don't forget that the America Heavy tanks don't get a new gun until the T34 and that costs like 60k to get. The 105 is actually a crappy tier 9 gun.

herpderp #34 Posted May 03 2011 - 04:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6223 battles
I guess I missed the part where you told us that the T29 has a lower alpha and lower rounds per minute than the IS.

Mow_Mow #35 Posted May 03 2011 - 05:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12058 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Also the part where the front, side, and rear armor on the hull are all better than the T29, and how the engine catches fire less, and how the T29's hull is about the size of Texas.

myrddian #36 Posted May 03 2011 - 07:18

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2535 battles

View PostMow_Mow, on May 01 2011 - 08:58, said:

You do know that the T29 deals the least damage out of all three tier 7 tanks? Tiger can penetrate all over T29's turret except for the manlet box, and the IS flat out outdamages the T29 and has higher armor on the body. It also doesn't get set on fire as often as the Tiger or T29. 0,37 is also crap accuracy for a tank that needs to hide and has a turret the size of Vermont.

This....

Again I think the reason people whine and complain with the T29 is the play style of the American Heavy, its it the niche they have placed us in that forces us to play a very defensive game.
I dont autoaim, but I can take a T29 down with my T29 in two three shots, I'd be lucky to do that to a KV unless its been damaged.... or an IS.

Overall other tanks have the following
1. Better Damage
2. Better reload times
3. Better Armour

Not all of them have these qualities but usually two, and that puts us in a very odd situation

T29's in open fields are dead, no matter what you do or how good you are.... you are dead, a tier 4 tank can track you and ping you to death by hitting the hull (assuming your gun is non-functional but yeah its just an example)

Phontomen #37 Posted May 03 2011 - 18:28

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22546 battles
  • [FPFP] FPFP
Honestly the hull really is that weak, it's a gigantic handicap that forces you to find sniping positions or hull up areas.

In these areas though the T29 is a beast, but out in the open you will likely get tracked and shot to death because they take forever to repair.

what he said^

boybland #38 Posted May 04 2011 - 22:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles

View Postartilector, on May 03 2011 - 01:54, said:

Yes, the T29 is OP.

In the IS you have to outplay it in order to be able to get at its weakspots, whereas it does not have to outplay you to hurt you.
Weak hull armor? Please -- a decent driver is not going to easily expose the side of his hull. The front of the T29 hull bounces plenty of shots.
Ears -- oh yeah, with the 0.4 accuracy on the IS guns, I can easily pick out anything I want, lol.
It's an OP tank just like the KV, in my estimation.

Not a big deal though, makes it that much sweeter to kill them.

That is why the IS is faster and has better maneuverability.... to allow you to outplay it.
If you want to have the flexibility to be anywhere on the battle field in a short space of time, or be able to outflank most other heavies, expect to pay for it in a face to face fight with a tank designed for that...

Asyranok #39 Posted May 05 2011 - 05:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30448 battles
The T29 is the best in its tier. It is far from overpowered. Very easy to take down when the driver isn't skilled. I can DOMINATE a T29 in a KV with the 152 mm. Not out in the open mind you but under close-fight circumstances. He can two-shot me. I can three shot him. Fun times.

Or an Easy 8 - Even an M4 Sherman in certain situations.

lostwingman #40 Posted May 05 2011 - 07:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22762 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
All the opness of the T29 is mitigated out by the poor quality of teams we tend to get.
Seriously, too much camping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users