Low Fps, yeah one more.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

headcrabe #1 Posted May 01 2011 - 14:32

Private

• Players
  • 692 battles
Hello guys !
I open this new Topic for ask you some help. I have rea a lot of topic on the same problem, try a lot fo different thing, ( Like launch the game in windows 98 comptability, use or don't use some option, and a lot of other thing found ) but nothing work !

My fps problem is not only on battlefield, have this one in the depot, or menu, always near 6-8 fps.

Here is my configuration, during the beta was plying on mediu/high setting without problem, so don't thing it is a perfomance probleme !

Q9000, nvdia 260 GTM *2 (Use in SLI ), 6go ram, and a big hard drive.
so, if someone can help, it will be verry kind, and sorry for the bad inglish too !

_ArcticfoX_ #2 Posted May 01 2011 - 14:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10683 battles
Could be a few things. What operating system are you running? What driver version do you have? Have you tried just running one card? Have you tried doing a furmark benchtest? What are your temps?

_Dia_ #3 Posted May 01 2011 - 15:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 31807 battles
During the released I think they did something to the graphics and now people who normally had (x) fps are now getting lower fps's. If you know, go to preferences.xml in AppData and edit stuff there.

devilclown #4 Posted May 02 2011 - 04:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 14643 battles

View Postheadcrabe, on May 01 2011 - 14:32, said:

Hello guys !
I open this new Topic for ask you some help. I have rea a lot of topic on the same problem, try a lot fo different thing, ( Like launch the game in windows 98 comptability, use or don't use some option, and a lot of other thing found ) but nothing work !

My fps problem is not only on battlefield, have this one in the depot, or menu, always near 6-8 fps.

Here is my configuration, during the beta was plying on mediu/high setting without problem, so don't thing it is a perfomance probleme !

Q9000, nvdia 260 GTM *2 (Use in SLI ), 6go ram, and a big hard drive.
so, if someone can help, it will be verry kind, and sorry for the bad inglish too !

I too have messed with almost everything to prevent the framerate drop.

Today I went into advanced audio properties and lowered the hardware acceleration and sample rates. It did make a difference, not a total fix and audio sounded funny.

Going to try some other stuff tomorrow. I have Nvidia High def audio turned off, but am wondering if it is still effecting framerates? I have read that Nvidia has an issue with some games and the high definition audio. I also have an old turle beach sound card and am wondering if this may be part of the problem?

headcrabe #5 Posted May 02 2011 - 19:19

Private

• Players
  • 692 battles
thank for answer !

So in the order:
- Cannot played or just used on only one graphic card, i can't disable the Sli .

- Will try to have a look on the preference data this week-end.

- Strange thing, will try this thing with the audio def too, if you see another option that work tell me !

Malexa #6 Posted May 04 2011 - 15:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Changing graphics settings in this game has nearly no impact on performance. I turn AA to max, my frame rate stays more or less the same, I turn it completely off still no change. I drop viewing distance from max to minimum I might gain 5fps. Hardly anything helps to gain any smoother gameplay. Got Win7, an I5 750@3.6Ghz and a Geforce 470. What ever game engine this game uses is just terrible. Normally have around 50fps but can drop as low as 20 at times.

Dropping every single setting from max to min probably improve your framerate by less than 20%.

devilclown #7 Posted May 07 2011 - 06:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 14643 battles
Well the soundcard fix I listed makes a "slight" difference. Instead of framerate jump every 4 seconds, its every 4.5.

I have tried every setting and every combination possible with no fix possible. You name it, I have tried it twice.

I had planned on buying more gold, but I think I will hold off till this issue is fixed, or at least addressed.

headcrabe #8 Posted May 07 2011 - 19:30

Private

• Players
  • 692 battles
hello people, come back with really strange news !

Have try the soundcard fix and it have change nthing, but last day while i was working on dualscreen i have launch World of tank on the second screen, and no bug !, was playing with 60 fps all time and no probleme!

After this during 2 ays it has been perfect, no problem and news, and now, have played this afternoon and have had 4 game crashed ( Freeze screen, had to force computer restart.)in 2 hours.

It's strange and don't have know what it could be : S, i have change nothing for these day, no patch or new dl so . . .

pmoade #9 Posted May 07 2011 - 22:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6483 battles
  • [RXR] RXR

View PostMalexa, on May 04 2011 - 15:35, said:

Changing graphics settings in this game has nearly no impact on performance. I turn AA to max, my frame rate stays more or less the same, I turn it completely off still no change. I drop viewing distance from max to minimum I might gain 5fps. Hardly anything helps to gain any smoother gameplay. Got Win7, an I5 750@3.6Ghz and a Geforce 470. What ever game engine this game uses is just terrible. Normally have around 50fps but can drop as low as 20 at times.

Dropping every single setting from max to min probably improve your framerate by less than 20%.

You think you got troubles, brother? My frame rate has never been above about 15; and the average for it is 4 or 5 during the games.

The sights jump around like grasshoppers on acid. And play is very difficult. I have DSL and equipment that meets the specifications listed by the WoT developers. But still cannot improve frame rate. It's a real problem for me and severely affects my perforance. I don't know if the fault is the game server, the connections to the United States (where I am located) or the game engine. But something needs to be done. I use Windows 7 like you. I turn off as much of the "junk" that windows adds to its system and use the basic window mode. I'm  sure there is more "junk" I can turn off, but don't really know how to do it and don't want to screw up my system.

I've had the frame rate drop to as low as 1 or 2 during a game. At that point, I don't even try to move or shoot. I can't even play the game like that. Maybe the developers can look into this problem for us, eh?

PJM

headcrabe #10 Posted May 17 2011 - 15:39

Private

• Players
  • 692 battles
So let's up this topic :

I have to reformat my laptop, so reinstall the game and the same horror reapear.
I have try to play it on the chipset, or on the graphic card, same probleme and same fps. The different windows comptability didn't change something, and this time, play in dual screen don't work : , (

So, someone have an idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users