Jump to content


[0.9.0] Aslain's XVM Mod + Modpack Installer w/PREVIEW v3.4.10 <upd. 18.04.2014>


  • Please log in to reply
2603 replies to this topic

Aslain #1981 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 09:27

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010

{lang:macro__view_post}pdotlol, on Jan 23 2014 - 23:55, said:

 

;p

 

It's working, build in XVM :)



F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #1982 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 13:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 21141 battles
  • 3,125
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

{lang:macro__view_post}Aslain, on Jan 24 2014 - 03:27, said:

 

It's working, build in XVM :)

 

Regarding no-intro, there is an additional mod (doc loader script "guidirreader.pyc") which suppresses one element of the introduction process which is still present with the current XVM implementation.  Artasan has been updating this for each release (on his Curse page), including 0.8.10, since February of last year.



Aslain #1983 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 17:46

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
v3.2.15 (24-01-2014):
- XVM updated to nightly build r3178
- colors.xc updated and tuned up
- installer: added rating type switch (wn8, wn6, eff) [requires installed Java to work]

JB_Talloway #1984 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 23:19

    Private

  • Players
  • 10430 battles
  • 4
  • [TD-BR] TD-BR
  • Member since:
    09-03-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}Aslain, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:46, said:

v3.2.15 (24-01-2014):
- XVM updated to nightly build r3178
- colors.xc updated and tuned up
- installer: added rating type switch (wn8, wn6, eff) [requires installed Java to work]

 

Thank you for the incredibly quick response time on the difficult issue of adopting new standards while allowing some period of support for the old ones.  I hope the NA user stats get updated on the xvm server quickly as I'm really looking forward to having the win8 stats working in my games.

 

Once again, your mod is great and we really appreciate all the effort you put in to maintaining it.  I have used many of the different mod packs and yours definitely stands out.



F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #1985 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 15:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 21141 battles
  • 3,125
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

{lang:macro__view_post}F0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Jan 20 2014 - 15:06, said:

Thoughts on additions:

1) HP Pool for each tank option for your XVM configuration

There has been some activity in the original RU thread, which seems to indicate a version for 8.10 is working, but I am incapable of getting it to work with your XVM.

 

Original RU thread

http://forum.worldof...-ушах-beta/#top

 

Looks like recent activity in EU forums

http://forum.worldof...hp-ears-hp-810/

 

 

{lang:macro__view_post}Aslain, on Jan 20 2014 - 16:04, said:

 

Interesting, going to investigate it :)

 

edit:

 

It's just my test, it should work MUCH better in the end.

 

It looks very promising.  Does it interest you enough to pursue as an option?  I'd imagine that some folks would like this, while others would stick to your current setup options.  I liked it, because it maintained the functionality of the spotting markers.  If only we could convince locastan to update his mini-map so it supported the markers, as well.

 

As they branched 0.8.11, do you think 0.8.10 dev is finished?

 

... and because you have multiple server accounts, WG copied NONE of them to test?  That sounds odd.  I would think ONE of them would have been copied.  I think Jingles had an issue where his RU account info was copied, as opposed to his EU account, so when he logged in to TEST, he has one or two tanks, based on what he had completed on RU.

 

All the best, Aslain.  Thank you for all that you do to enhance my WoT experience.



Aslain #1986 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 16:05

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010

First of all we need is an updated XVM with hp bars, because the one used in test is very outdated. I will start test it, when they finish it, or at least promise for prequent updates, otherwise I will not bother, because he the author will always lag behind nightly builds a lot. I have no idea about finished 8.10, I suspect we might not see more updates to the 8.10.

 

No, I have multiple accounts, and they copied the wrong one, where I have nothing, no tanks, no nothing. So I cannot test it properly, because I cannot be bothered to research everything from beginning, even with free xp, I needed my tanks and my trainer crew.. not this.

 

Going to make new (3) icons at least, then will see how it goes....

 



Aslain #1987 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 17:27

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
v3.2.16 (25-01-2014):
- XVM updated to nightly build r3183
- added vehicle icons for WoT update 0.8.11
- modpack: the Classical versions fix
- modpack: Hitlog variant #3 fix
- modpack: Damage Panel Gambiter config tuned up

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #1988 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 18:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 21141 battles
  • 3,125
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

{lang:macro__view_post}Aslain, on Jan 25 2014 - 10:05, said:

First of all we need is an updated XVM with hp bars, because the one used in test is very outdated. I will start test it, when they finish it, or at least promise for prequent updates, otherwise I will not bother, because he the author will always lag behind nightly builds a lot. I have no idea about finished 8.10, I suspect we might not see more updates to the 8.10.

 

No, I have multiple accounts, and they copied the wrong one, where I have nothing, no tanks, no nothing. So I cannot test it properly, because I cannot be bothered to research everything from beginning, even with free xp, I needed my tanks and my trainer crew.. not this.

 

Going to make new (3) icons at least, then will see how it goes....

 

 

I completely _COMPLETELY_ understand.  No sixth sense, no camo, now view range modifiers ... what a bummer.

 

Thanks again!



Heavybarrel120mm #1989 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 00:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24595 battles
  • 120
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011
Aslain thanks for making such a great mod. I used to run about 7 or 8 different mods but because have expanded your mod I'm now down to 4 mods. Keep up the great work.

4EVRDI4U #1990 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 03:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32251 battles
  • 40
  • [DICE] DICE
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}F0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Jan 24 2014 - 07:51, said:

 

Regarding no-intro, there is an additional mod (doc loader script "guidirreader.pyc") which suppresses one element of the introduction process which is still present with the current XVM implementation.  Artasan has been updating this for each release (on his Curse page), including 0.8.10, since February of last year.

 

^

I've mentioned this already, nobody seemed to pay attention/and or acknowledge it :P

 

 



Obe #1991 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 06:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10279 battles
  • 212
  • [GUILE] GUILE
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
So when will the new WN8 update for everyone? I only see a couple players get the update for stats. My guildie for one had his updated but mine and mostly everyone else hasn't yet.

Gyarados #1992 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 07:40

    Major

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 11648 battles
  • 9,513
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
Out of curiosity, since 8.10 hit I've had a problem with the tank icons, not the contours of the tank names, but the class icons. On the map they appear as rectangles, although roughly the right height (and only when the tank is no longer spotted, works fine whilst lit) and in the damage counter when I get a kill it's just a rectangle, ammo rack is the same thing. Is there a conflicting portion somewhere that I'm unaware of?

Aslain #1993 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 17:43

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
v3.2.17 (26-01-2014):
- XVM updated to nightly build r3185
- fix to transparency settings of the modern icons
- reworked section of the effective armor calculator & modern icons
- the effective armor calculator position tuned up
- removed Meltys effective armor calculator and replaced by Kriegstreibers
- added new garage 'Hellinger Minimal Hangar'

eikoo #1994 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 20:17

    Private

  • Players
  • 7078 battles
  • 7
  • [SIRE-] SIRE-
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011
Latest update is being flagged as having malicious software/trojans 

cormad #1995 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 20:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3057 battles
  • 20
  • [IMCDN] IMCDN
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

Thanks Aslain for a great mod pack!!

 

I just performed the recent update and now my damage dealt panel only shows a summary, not the individual hits/damage? do I do something wrong? 

 

Thanks muchly



Aslain #1996 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 23:12

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010

{lang:macro__view_post}eikoo, on Jan 26 2014 - 20:17, said:

Latest update is being flagged as having malicious software/trojans 

 

Yeah if you trust to stupid chrome detection mechanism and other false positives like in Norton...

 

Here is your proof: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1ba35571bde2fac0bf0a83801a17110e3e9be65251562c68d87e5b1ac4cd6b6b/analysis/



eikoo #1997 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 03:20

    Private

  • Players
  • 7078 battles
  • 7
  • [SIRE-] SIRE-
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011
Yea I ran your file threw some stuff and it came back clean. Keep up the good work. 

itsXthomasTAG #1998 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 15:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 3350 battles
  • 500
  • [_BRO_] _BRO_
  • Member since:
    10-23-2013
Aslain is it possible to use this config but have alternate contour icons over the tanks and in the side panels? I love the overall config but i'm growing tired of these icons. :x Also as for the file being malicious, whatever scanned it is full of crap. His files have never contained malicious content and i would know since I've been downloading them each time he updates it.

Zvitt #1999 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 21:53

    Private

  • Players
  • 3214 battles
  • 1
  • [FORCE] FORCE
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013
Hello, great modpack. On the XVM mod I have 2 different tier numbers no matter which XVM version I select.  For example, when I select Modern vehicle contour icons with arabic tier, there is still the roman tier number right in the middle of the tank icon.  This is very cluttered on the normal XVM setting as there are 2 different roman tier numbers almost on top of each other making it hard to read the tank name.  How do i make this go away?  Thanks.

Obe #2000 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 04:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10279 battles
  • 212
  • [GUILE] GUILE
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}Zvitt, on Jan 27 2014 - 12:53, said:

Hello, great modpack. On the XVM mod I have 2 different tier numbers no matter which XVM version I select.  For example, when I select Modern vehicle contour icons with arabic tier, there is still the roman tier number right in the middle of the tank icon.  This is very cluttered on the normal XVM setting as there are 2 different roman tier numbers almost on top of each other making it hard to read the tank name.  How do i make this go away?  Thanks.

 

In your in game settings make sure you untick the show tier numbers.






12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users