Selling Tanks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Ruanek #1 Posted May 03 2011 - 01:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 232 battles
If you sell an elite tank, are you unable to convert its xp into shared/free xp?

_Mark #2 Posted May 03 2011 - 01:00

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17447 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
You can still convert whatever XP is on an elite tank after selling it. You just won't be able to get more XP without playing the tank.

Konflict #3 Posted May 03 2011 - 01:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3209 battles
How does that work ?

I have a STG III Elite tank, if I go to sell it it only shows like 200K credits I recieve.
It has zero exp on it now, maybe thats why ?

_Mark #4 Posted May 03 2011 - 01:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17447 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PostKonflict, on May 03 2011 - 01:12, said:

How does that work ?

I have a STG III Elite tank, if I go to sell it it only shows like 200K credits I recieve.
It has zero exp on it now, maybe thats why ?
Credits and experience are completely separate. As you play any tank, you receive credits and experience. Once you have fully researched a tank, it becomes elite. Elite tanks let you turn all the experience earned on that tank (in your case, your STuG III) into free experience that you can use on any other tank when researching.

If you currently have 5,000 experience on your elite StUG III, you can convert it to free XP at a rate of 25 XP/ 1 gold. If you sell your STuG III, you can still convert those 5,000 by pressing the "Convert XP" button near the right top of your screen.

Ruanek #5 Posted May 03 2011 - 02:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 232 battles

View PostdotMark, on May 03 2011 - 01:23, said:

Credits and experience are completely separate. As you play any tank, you receive credits and experience. Once you have fully researched a tank, it becomes elite. Elite tanks let you turn all the experience earned on that tank (in your case, your STuG III) into free experience that you can use on any other tank when researching.

If you currently have 5,000 experience on your elite StUG III, you can convert it to free XP at a rate of 25 XP/ 1 gold. If you sell your STuG III, you can still convert those 5,000 by pressing the "Convert XP" button near the right top of your screen.

Ok, thanks.  I wanted to know if there was a reason to keep the lower-tier vehicles, and it looks like there isn't.

Konflict #6 Posted May 03 2011 - 02:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3209 battles
Yes its because I do not have any exp on that tank atm.
I know about the free exp thing and how that worked.
I thought the OP was saying that we should get exp when we sell our tanks, for the tank itself.

Thanks again

DemonicSpoon #7 Posted May 03 2011 - 02:21

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 2700 battles

Ok, thanks. I wanted to know if there was a reason to keep the lower-tier vehicles, and it looks like there isn't.

There are plenty of reasons to keep a low tier vehicle!

1) They earn the most money. On average, tier 5 is the best moneymaking tier. Compare this to tier 8+, where you need a premium account just to stop from LOSING money, and even with tier 10s it's very difficult to break even with premium.

2) You can really upgrade them. A StuG with a ~60% crew and fully upgraded equipment is not nearly as good as a StuG with 100% crew, gun laying drive, rammer and camo net.

3) They're fun. There's no intrinsic benefit to being in a high tier tank, other than being in that tank. If you find a Jagdpanther less fun than the StuG, there is zero reason to play the Jagdpanther unless you really, really want the Ferdinand or Jagdtiger. Likewise, in the late beta, I had played enough that I could easily have had an Object 704 and a T-54, but instead I never got past SU-152 or T-34/85 because I enjoyed playing those (actually, I played my SU-85 more than my SU-152). I also had a KV-1s and never bothered to get the IS because, again, I just didn't care enough to drive one.

The only tree I ever maxed out in beta was the Soviet SPG tree, and that was only because I find playing high-tier SPGs with 200+mm guns incredibly fun.

boybland #8 Posted May 03 2011 - 02:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1224 battles

View PostDemonicSpoon, on May 03 2011 - 02:21, said:

3) They're fun. There's no intrinsic benefit to being in a high tier tank

This is something many people need to learn, EVERY player should have an elite low level tank have maxed out for just having a blast in when the grind gets to them, it even makes you money and convertible XP when you do it!

DemonicSpoon #9 Posted May 03 2011 - 03:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 2700 battles

This is something many people need to learn, EVERY player should have an elite low level tank have maxed out for just having a blast in when the grind gets to them, it even makes you money and convertible XP when you do it!

I would take that a step further and say that the only time it makes sense to grind is if there is a specific tank you want to acquire and don't have yet. By the end of the beta, almost all my games were just me picking a tank of mine that I felt like driving at the time, and using it.

Whyan #10 Posted May 03 2011 - 04:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles

View PostRuanek, on May 03 2011 - 02:08, said:

Ok, thanks.  I wanted to know if there was a reason to keep the lower-tier vehicles, and it looks like there isn't.
You'll need at least one tier 5 or 6 tank to make money with or you'll run into some problems with credits in the future sicne tanks and equipment become much more expensive at a rapid rate. You should keep the stug or the jpz IV for money making purposes and since their tds they tend to make more money than other tanks.

Viper69 #11 Posted May 03 2011 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 5522 battles
I have an elite MS1 and an elite BT2. Both are really fun to play and cheap to maintain for the money they bring in. Battles go fast as well. I sold my BT7, it was nicer than the BT2 the class you play in was not. Currently I am running the A20 but when I unlock the t34 this thing is getting sold. Although I hear the A20 can be a nasty tank when its upgraded, but then what tank is not when compared in the relevance of its tier.