MonthOfClans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Hypnotik #1 Posted May 29 2014 - 22:28

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

Month of Clans: Discussion Topic

There has never been a better time to create or join a clan!

Throughout this month there will be prizes for newer clans, entries to the most exclusive clan tournament yet, social media contests, and missions for players in clans new and old!

Winners of the Social Media contests will be announced in this topic.

Hypnotik #2 Posted May 29 2014 - 22:49

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

FAQ Post:

New Clan Rebate:

How do I submit my entry to receive my Gold back?

Please visit the submission thread and follow the posted directions.

If my Clan creates a sub-clan, does this count?

Any Clan that that meets the posted requirements qualifies.

Can't a existing Clan just alt accounts to get the prize?

Since this would be a violation of the EULA, no. All Clans that qualify for any prize will be checked for alt accounts, and any necessary actions will be taken against those who violate the EULA.

Who has to submit my clan's entry for the rebate?

To avoid duplicates and confusion, please have either the clan's commander or one of the deputy commanders submit your clan's entry.

Secondary Objectives for New Clans:

How Do I let you know that I have completed these objectives?

Please include this information when you post in the submission topic. You can edit your post in this topic at any time during the event if you complete more objectives.

How can I tell how many battles my clanmates have played?

Unfortunately there is no exact way to do this until the end of the event. There are several community-created websites that will give you a rough estimate.

If I platoon with my clanmates, does that count as one battle or two/three?

It will count as two/three, depending on how many clan mates are in your platoon.  This number is tallied up at the end of the event as a summation of the number of battles played during the event by each member of your clan. So platoon up with your new clanmates, get to know each other, and make these battles fly by!

Entry into the Summer Clan Invitational Tournament:

I've completed at least 3 secondary objectives, how do I enter this tournament?

At the end of the month, all clans that have completed at least 3 of the secondary objectives will be entered into a tournament to decide who makes it into the Summer Clan Invitational Tournament. The Clan Commander will be contacted by Hypnotik with further instructions at the end of the event.

Social Media Contests:

Can I enter for my clan, or does it have to be my clan's commander?

Anyone in the clan can enter for the Social Media contests!

Why 8,333 Gold?

8,333 is a significant number, as it is the daily income required by a clan in Clan Wars in order to guarantee all members of a full 100-player clan monthly premium account status. It has been a significant number in Clan Wars history, so we thought it would be a fun number to give away on a daily basis.

Can my clan win more than once?

Only if you're really, really, really, really lucky.

Month-long Missions for Clans and Clan Wars

(Nothing, yet...)

_TeMPezT_ #3 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:28

Captain

• Players
  • 87188 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Do i have to be in the clan?

What if i dont want to be in a clan?

What if my clan doesnt want to participate?

TheReverendFossa #4 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32588 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD
Seriously? Your trying to bribe people to make/join clans? Don't you think this is insulting to all the existing clans that have paid for what they have? 

Critya #5 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17458 battles
  • [STUMU] STUMU
Do the primary objectives of capturing landings and provinces count for existing clans?

FOGofWAR #6 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29307 battles
  • [-FU-] -FU-
So, I get NOTHING for creating a clan and paying to upload an emblem, but new clans get their money back and free stuff?  wth?  Thank you for the "Thank You" for paying your paycheck.

Colonel_Potter #7 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23763 battles
  • [DWEEB] DWEEB
This will probably cause a bit of an uproar, especially if the new clans get their fees refunded.

Sokar00 #8 Posted May 29 2014 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 16195 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
All the existing clans are just going to create new clans xfer everyone to the new clan, get the stuff and then go back to their old clan.

Valan #9 Posted May 30 2014 - 00:03

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

Oddly enough this event is concurrent with my effects to organize a group of skilled individuals... a little gold to smooth this effort is much appreciated.  

An excellent chance one could create one to three very talented clans, from the large number of clan-less individuals I've found in my searches, thus far.  This should directly effect Team Battles, TC's, Clan Wars outcomes, this particular promotion.

Questions for Wargaming Moderators:

Is there a way to increase the Forum e-mail capacity?  It's a limitation to recruiting effects, in my view. 

• Otherwise, one needs to hope to find the particular individuals "online" in the game.  
  • I'd rather have a better delayed method for reaching individuals in question. 
  • I prefer personalized individual interactions, rather than mass spamming in a thread forum to everyone.  A larger e-mail box would aid this process for communication.  Reduce 'noise', and increasing the 'efficient use of everyone's time' is what I seek.
  • I have not found forum threads of much aid, in seeking past 'platoon mates'.  Likely this is because of a disconnection between forum & in-game 'friend lists', among other factors.

Will e-mail be introduced for the in-game client?

Recruiting Station going to be altered, during this promotion window?

BTW:

A quick thanks for Wargaming Developers including 'screenshot' function.   I've found this feature to be of more use than the 'Hall of Fame' surprisingly enough.  Reason why is the 'Hall of Fame' has data caps for the sheer amount of information one can access, while 'screenshots' are limited to whom you've played with in the past. Eighteen thousand screenshots contain a lot of names.

Edited by Valan, May 30 2014 - 00:26.

Hypnotik #10 Posted May 30 2014 - 00:16

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostFossa, on May 29 2014 - 15:36, said:

Seriously? Your trying to bribe people to make/join clans? Don't you think this is insulting to all the existing clans that have paid for what they have? 

This isn't a bribe at all. Sales and rebates happen all the time, to game items and things you buy in a store. Clans are not excluded from this.

View PostValan, on May 29 2014 - 16:03, said:

Is there a way to increase the Forum e-mail capacity? 

Is the Recruiting Station going to be altered, during this promotion window?

The limit will not be increased, as it would encourage/make spamming people easier.

There are no planned changes to the recruitment station during this period.

Look_its_Rain #11 Posted May 30 2014 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 11773 battles
Cant post on the facebook pages wall

Valan #12 Posted May 30 2014 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View PostHypnotik, on May 30 2014 - 01:16, said:

The limit will not be increased, as it would encourage/make spamming people easier.

There are no planned changes to the recruitment station during this period.

Why the disconnect between the max size of a Clan (100 members) and the max e-mail capacity of the forum email system (50)?

Does Wargaming NA want individuals to create Clans larger than 50 members or not?

Gatekeeper1 #13 Posted May 30 2014 - 00:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14399 battles
  • [6GUN] 6GUN

So old clans can't do any of this?? Even gain entry to the tourney? 

Old clans can still take advantage of the missions. They can also gain entry to the tournament 14 other ways.

-Hyp

Erik_Thorvaldsson #14 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:06

Captain

• Players
  • 29943 battles

When is WG going to do something about Clan Wars and how much it sucks so CR/D can do the resurrection thing and not be the county Morgue that it is today?

Hypnotik #15 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:07

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostGatekeeper1, on May 29 2014 - 16:57, said:

So old clans can't do any of this?? Even gain entry to the tourney? 

Old clans still have 14 other ways they can gain entry into the tournament. They will still be able to take advantage of the additional missions throughout the month of June.

TheReverendFossa #16 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32588 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

View PostHypnotik, on May 29 2014 - 19:16, said:

This isn't a bribe at all. Sales and rebates happen all the time, to game items and things you buy in a store. Clans are not excluded from this.

My apologizes but I'll have to disagree with this. You are giving away a product that many of us have paid good money for. How is this any different from giving away Type 59's to anybody that meets an easily attainable requirement, (say 100 victories in a month) then any tier 5 or less premium they buy after that is "rebated" the full price? The "free" premium tank missions/contests we have now are rightfully difficult to achieve. This clan give away is not. The only qualification requiring any effort is acquiring the 20 accounts. After that its some simple setup and paying a few fees. I might very well be wrong, but this feels like a screw job to all those that have paid and worked to get their clan up and running. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Edit; My choice of the word "bribe" in my earlier post was a poor choice. 

Edited by Fossa, May 30 2014 - 01:13.

davarco #17 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9920 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

Haters can hate, but i think that this is an OK idea. Sure, all of those old clans won't be very happy, but new clans get a chance to stand out. Though to make it more fair, give something to old clans as well, so they are happy too.

Just my two cents :)

davarco #18 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9920 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP
Perhaps something extra for old clans.

Noowin #19 Posted May 30 2014 - 01:55

Major

• Players
  • 28332 battles
I'd appreciate 100-1000 gold to any person who has been in the same clan for more than a year. Say it is for being loyal or something!

FalconDance #20 Posted May 30 2014 - 02:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5231 battles
  • [RBW] RBW

To see it as a "bribe" is legitimate.  It is a high incentive for the creation of new clans - whether or not the clan ever goes on to achieve anything.  

This "program" also excludes older clans who do not participate in Clan Wars.

Social clans?  Nah, not important to WoT if not holding territory.

If any of what I said above is to be proven elsewise in the coming month by until-then unknown events, fine.  Otherwise, it's a bribe of sorts and a pat-pat for Clan Wars.

Also tagged with MonthOfClans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users