• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

WhichOnelsWill #21 Posted May 30 2014 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6717 battles

View PostFalconDance, on May 30 2014 - 03:01, said:

and a pat-pat for Clan Wars.

Yes, how dare they promote and reward the end-game content.  Especially considering how much they've arguably been going out of their way to ruin it.

Twofingers #22 Posted May 30 2014 - 03:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10891 battles
This reminds me too much of real life. The top clans will continue winning their gold as usual. The newly formed poor clans will get in on this welfare mission. All of the average groups that are stuck in the middle will continue to get nothing and should be thankful that we are even allowed to play the game. Overall, we all have been getting some decent bonus missions so this isn't the end of the world.

Edited by Twofingers, May 30 2014 - 03:26.

Joe_B #23 Posted May 30 2014 - 03:37

Captain

• Players
  • 27978 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

Block Quote

In addition, Clans that complete the above can complete extra objectives to earn even more gold, and two clans from this event will even earn an entry into the Summer Clan Invitational Tournament where they can win some huge prizes.

You've got to be kidding Hypnotik... So the winners of the mini-campaign get the pleasure of having 2 clans, that haven't done anything but be formed within a specific time slot of dates, join them in the Invitational Tournament.  Yeah, the big prize they win is being brutalized by clans that know what they are doing....Ludicrous Speed, GO!

You can't seriously believe that this Male Cow Excrement is a wonderful idea... Sorry WGNA but you've gone plaid.

Sure are desperate to retain/gain players.

I've noticed that the highs of just over 40k players on the East server have returned to highs of just 20k.

Sanka_Rea #24 Posted May 30 2014 - 04:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10816 battles
  • [AN1ME] AN1ME

Finding this events hardly useful at all.... Already create a clan before and after a year they are bring up these kinds of events....Really?

Nothing for us already exist clans... so meh... :sceptic:

Valan #25 Posted May 30 2014 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View PostWhichOnelsWill, on May 30 2014 - 03:49, said:

Yin s, how dare they promote and reward the end game content.  Especially considering how much they've arguably been going out of their way to ruin it.

After the issues caused by patch 9.0, at least someone at Wargaming NA appears to be trying do something: T34 mission, weekly credit bonuses, Clan promotion.  If one's to try to look on the bright side, this Clan promotion offers opportunities:

• Inexpensive route to expand one's friend/clan list for in-game activities.
  • A foot in the door to the near future 'Stronghold' mode.
  • A way for established large 'Clan wars' groups to create additional Clans on the cheap... say -G-, Havok, RDDT vets?  After all I imagine most individuals need a break from time to time from structured time specific sign in's. 
  • By my count at least half the top 10000 players are not in a Clan at present. If only 1000 of 5000 joined a new Clan, competition on many level would be altered. In fact, there is enough talent outside of the current Clan system to form at least three Top Eight Clans, if Clan Wars is used as a measurement.  If tournament play is one preferred measure, the Clans would be far greater.

TurboT #26 Posted May 30 2014 - 05:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28220 battles
  • [BOSS] BOSS

I have been a clan commander in this game for three years.  I have ran and maintained one of the oldest clans on this server.  I have changed my logo numerous times, updated my recruiting info many times.

I continue to promote clan membership as of today. I promote good sportsmanship in tournament and clan wars. 

Where's my clan's compensation for being a supporter of clans over THREE years. Not just today.

I am deeply offended that my group is not eligible.

How about rewarding clans that actually stay together and grow and try to better themselves over time instead of telling people to start a new clan that will be gone in 2 months max?

Ridiculous.  

Edited by TurboT, May 30 2014 - 05:22.

Turkey_Vulture #27 Posted May 30 2014 - 05:29

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 38291 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
All these people who think major clans are going to disband and make an alt clan for 25 gold a piece, lol.

Pope_Shizzle #28 Posted May 30 2014 - 05:51

Captain

• Players
  • 26485 battles
So much whine and vitriol.  WG giving stuff away for free and people act like they're entitled to it.  So much hate.  So much sadness.

ksh1969 #29 Posted May 30 2014 - 06:54

Private

• Players
  • 8971 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD
So now if im in a clan im screwed. i am so done with wot. war thunder is better.

Grisbane #30 Posted May 30 2014 - 09:33

Major

• Players
  • 19136 battles
  • [2TUF] 2TUF

View PostJoe_B, on May 29 2014 - 22:37, said:

You've got to be kidding Hypnotik... So the winners of the mini-campaign get the pleasure of having 2 clans, that haven't done anything but be formed within a specific time slot of dates, join them in the Invitational Tournament.  Yeah, the big prize they win is being brutalized by clans that know what they are doing....Ludicrous Speed, GO!

You can't seriously believe that this Male Cow Excrement is a wonderful idea... Sorry WGNA but you've gone plaid.

Sure are desperate to retain/gain players.

I've noticed that the highs of 30k players on the East server have returned to highs of just 20k.

Hey, let them entice the <44% crowd to form terribad clans..   after all, kicking puppies is fun every once in a while.  what will be entertaining is watching them fail horribly in the first 3 minutes into a landing tourney.

Dogzman #31 Posted May 30 2014 - 13:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23334 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostTurboT, on May 30 2014 - 00:21, said:

View PostTurboT, on May 30 2014 - 00:21, said:

How about rewarding clans that actually stay together and grow and try to better themselves over time instead of telling people to start a new clan that will be gone in 2 months max?

^ THIS ^

Seriously

Handerr #32 Posted May 30 2014 - 13:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20330 battles

View PostLook_its_Rain, on May 29 2014 - 20:20, said:

Cant post on the facebook pages wall

Yes, link is broken.

DUNDALK #33 Posted May 30 2014 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 56114 battles
  • [SU] SU

Sure are a lot of complainers here. Goodgrief.

They are looking to build the next gen of players in conjunction with the new mode that's going to be released. it's kind of like spinal tap playing the county fair, but the new players can't beat the old guard at the content geared for clans. They have to change.

SlyGambit #34 Posted May 30 2014 - 15:49

Captain

• Players
  • 29998 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Looked at the mission tab and it appears the clan missions available on the 30th will be for all clans, right?   Basically win 6 battles get some consumables.  Seems like a nice reward for regular CW.

Giving away the invitational seems a tad silly.  I suppose if someone was planning on branching off their main this might encourage them.  Maybe all those free spirits in -G- have been stifled by Yankee and this will be their golden opportunity!  Or, you know, maybe not. ;)

Don't get the hand wringing tho.  If WG wants to encourage college/high scool kids to form clans for the Summer then more power to 'em.  Aside from the invitational the rewards are pretty meh.  Considering the recent platoon missions which were certainly used by clans more than independents I feel like they've done a decent job of encouraging/rewarding clan membership.

Between updating the CW map and (hopefully) the stronghold game type I feel like WG is providing quite a lot more end-game opportunities for non-elite clans. 

Hypnotik #35 Posted May 30 2014 - 19:25

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostJoe_B, on May 29 2014 - 19:37, said:

In order for clans to get into the Invitational from the Month of Clans, they have to do all of the objectives to get the clan refund, and then at least 3 of the additional tasks. Then they go against all the other clans that are able to do accomplish the same to decide which two get into the tournament. They deserve a chance to compete at a higher level too, and it's not like we're just giving it away randomly.

View PostSanka_Rea, on May 29 2014 - 20:16, said:

Finding this events hardly useful at all.... Already create a clan before and after a year they are bring up these kinds of events....Really?

Nothing for us already exist clans... so meh... :sceptic:

There are still the extra missions for Clan Members throughout the month to take advantage of if your clan doesn't qualify for everything.

Brand new clans: Gold refund, additional objectives for gold/consumables, invite to the tournament

Clans that are a few months old (and new clans): Social Media contests for gold and premium time

All clans (including the above two groups): Missions for both being in a clan and also for participating in battles on the global map.

View PostLook_its_Rain, on May 29 2014 - 16:20, said:

Cant post on the facebook pages wall

View PostHanderTeyker, on May 30 2014 - 05:21, said:

Yes, link is broken.

To both of these: That's my bad, turns out I'm not a social media genius and the link is actually different for the different regions. Here's the winners post for the social media contests, and here are the localized links (which will be added to the news article on our portal very shortly):

English

Spanish

Portuguese

View PostSlyGambit, on May 30 2014 - 07:49, said:

Looked at the mission tab and it appears the clan missions available on the 30th will be for all clans, right?   Basically win 6 battles get some consumables.  Seems like a nice reward for regular CW.

Yes, missions are for all clans, regardless of the clan's age.

3BAC #36 Posted May 30 2014 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 67909 battles

My clan started up two days before the requirements.  Talk about poor timing on our part.

Looking forward to the upcoming missions at least.

Hypnotik #37 Posted May 30 2014 - 20:32

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View Post3BAC, on May 30 2014 - 11:50, said:

My clan started up two days before the requirements.  Talk about poor timing on our part.

Looking forward to the upcoming missions at least.

We went a week retroactive from the announcement to avoid at least some of that, but there has to be a cutoff somewhere. You guys can still do the social media contests to get a bunch of gold or a week of premium time for every member in your clan though.

Also, the missions have been posted.

NightmareMk9 #38 Posted May 30 2014 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 35403 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Can you confirm that only the "NEW Clans" created after May 22 are eligible for these Rewards:

Hypnotik #39 Posted May 30 2014 - 23:46

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostNightmareMk9, on May 30 2014 - 15:14, said:

Can you confirm that only the "NEW Clans" created after May 22 are eligible for these Rewards:

Spoiler

Confirmed.

Brand new clans (created 5/22/14 or later): Gold refund, additional objectives for gold/consumables, invite to the tournament.

Clans that are a few months old (3/1/14 or later): Social Media contests for gold and premium time.

All clans (creation date does not matter): Missions for both being in a clan and also for participating in battles on the global map.

galderoth2 #40 Posted May 31 2014 - 05:19

Captain

• Players
  • 19755 battles

Is this intentional or a mistake? Both of these missions give the same reward

CW Fight 5

Participate in five (5) Global Map battles.

• Tier VIII or higher
  • Once per day

5,000 Crew XP

CW Fight 6

Participate in six (6) Global Map battles.

• Tier VIII or higher
  • Once per day

5,000 Crew XP

Also tagged with MonthOfClans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users