MonthOfClans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Joe_B #41 Posted May 31 2014 - 05:38

Captain

• Players
  • 27978 battles
  • [SIX] SIX
Well, so far there are only a few clans "entered", since most are too "old" (made sometime this year) to even start the qualification.  Very amusing.

_xTerrorx_ #42 Posted May 31 2014 - 08:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12407 battles

Just out of curiosity, does WG understand how many battles per day a clan will have to run to be able to complete the final objective, "As a Clan, participate in a combined total of 15,000 battles during the Month of Clans event."? Or am I adding things up wrong lol. For a larger clan, this may not be to tough to complete, but since the object here is to get new clans going, most will probably be smaller clans, making this last objective damn near impossible to complete.

At any rate, gl peeps.

TK3600 #43 Posted May 31 2014 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 11788 battles
This is dumb. Why do I must create a new clan to do this? I understand the rebate part, but the second part should also include the existing clans.

TK3600 #44 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 09:53

Major

• Players
  • 11788 battles
Can we have a few alt account if we are creating a sub clan? Our officers needs to be in control in case things go wrong. For example, I need an alt account as commander in case of my officer grabs gold and leave.

TK3600 #45 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 09:57

Major

• Players
  • 11788 battles
Please excuse my bad language in my first post. I just thought it would be great to push existing clans to CW who havn't done it.

Hypnotik #46 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 19:46

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View Post_xTerrorx_, on May 31 2014 - 00:07, said:

Just out of curiosity, does WG understand how many battles per day a clan will have to run to be able to complete the final objective, "As a Clan, participate in a combined total of 15,000 battles during the Month of Clans event."? Or am I adding things up wrong lol. For a larger clan, this may not be to tough to complete, but since the object here is to get new clans going, most will probably be smaller clans, making this last objective damn near impossible to complete.

At any rate, gl peeps.

We have done the math on it. For a clan of 20 players (remember, this is the absolute minimum to qualify for that mission) it's 25 battles per day for each member, which is fairly high, yet not unattainable. For a clan of 50, that's 10 battles/day. For a full 100, that's 5 battles/day.

This mission is more likely to be done by the new social clans rather than the competitive clans, and social clans typically will play more battles more often, and often will grow at a more consistent pace. Look at some of the submissions for the clans that qualify in the submissions topic - several of them are pushing 30 members after just a week, and they have all month to complete this challenge.

If a clan is unable to complete this specific challenge, there are 4 other ones they can go after, and you only need to do 3 of the 5 to have a chance at the big tourney this summer with some HUGE prizes.

View PostTK3600, on Jun 01 2014 - 01:53, said:

Can we have a few alt account if we are creating a sub clan? Our officers needs to be in control in case things go wrong. For example, I need an alt account as commander in case of my officer grabs gold and leave.

Technically, it's against the rules. Personally, I'm less inclined to really mind if it's just for administrative purposes, since, let's face it, this is a pretty common thing. I wouldn't dq your new sub clan for alts if it's just the commander.

Valan #47 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 10:37

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View PostHypnotik, on Jun 01 2014 - 20:46, said:

Technically, it's against the rules. Personally, I'm less inclined to really mind if it's just for administrative purposes, since, let's face it, this is a pretty common thing. I wouldn't dq your new sub clan for alts if it's just the commander.

Question:  Will Wargaming developers change how Clans are viewed for 'Clan Wars' purposes?  

From what I've seen, individuals 'burn out' from overuse and require a 'break', 'sick day' or a 'short vacation'.  Is there a way for the Developers to fashion a Clan's rooster, which does not require the transfer of members from a Main to an Alternate Clan (or become Clan-less)?    Perhaps include an optional period of up to a month's time total in a year, for a Clan member to go to take a 'break' and remain in a Clan, yet not count as a 'chip'? 

As for why should Wargaming Developer's create a change, to allow a 'break' or 'vacation' please read 'Why You Hate Work'

Mr_Obnoxious #48 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 22:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 36978 battles
  • [QU] QU

I see results are going to be reset at 0400 every morning.

Is this also for chips used each night on the map? Or is that going to remain at 24 hours?

This won't help if the clan is too small.

Inquiring minds want to know.

killergold #49 Posted Jun 03 2014 - 03:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20055 battles
  • [EBON] EBON

:/

Not even in an old clan. I created my clan 4 months ago, so i miss out on all the nice clan treasurey things, even though its only 4 months old hahaha

I can also tell you my clan is not ready for CW so we miss out on that one too. sure we have 40 members, but not all of them have multiple tier 10s.

So... i guess my only option is the FaceSpace one if i even want to try that... I feel bad for the older clans.

WG has a habit of... maybe not screwing its vets, but forgetting about them. I actually dont ever remember having an event for vets to the game... you know, the ones that are more likely to spend their money... you know, because theyve been here for a while and continue to be here.

Hard enough getting recruits for a clan... now they lessened the price and its even harder... now there is an event to spam even more clans so now even harder

I feel this event hurts the middle clans again. Big clans will get the 15k battles easy, and the CWs easy. New clans will get their money back from creating now. So what do clans built like mine get? A lottery drawing on a social media website.

GG WG

GL to the other clans, this event sounds like fun.

Guest_Altorous_* #50 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 00:36

View PostHypnotik, on Jun 01 2014 - 12:46, said:

We have done the math on it. For a clan of 20 players (remember, this is the absolute minimum to qualify for that mission) it's 25 battles per day for each member, which is fairly high, yet not unattainable. For a clan of 50, that's 10 battles/day. For a full 100, that's 5 battles/day.

This mission is more likely to be done by the new social clans rather than the competitive clans, and social clans typically will play more battles more often, and often will grow at a more consistent pace. Look at some of the submissions for the clans that qualify in the submissions topic - several of them are pushing 30 members after just a week, and they have all month to complete this challenge.

If a clan is unable to complete this specific challenge, there are 4 other ones they can go after, and you only need to do 3 of the 5 to have a chance at the big tourney this summer with some HUGE prizes.

You say that technically its against the rules and you dont mind it for administrative purposes, but then again you guys are banning people for having multiple accounts coming from the same IP, so just wondering which is it, do you really not mind it and are aware?  Or are you just going to keep saying you dont care but keep banning people anyways.

Edited by Altorous, Jun 12 2014 - 00:38.

Hypnotik #51 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 00:51

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostAltorous, on Jun 11 2014 - 16:36, said:

You say that technically its against the rules and you dont mind it for administrative purposes, but then again you guys are banning people for having multiple accounts coming from the same IP, so just wondering which is it, do you really not mind it and are aware?  Or are you just going to keep saying you dont care but keep banning people anyways.

One account in a subclan as a proxy for the main clan to help run it is much different than 10+ accounts put in just to get the gold.

Block Quote

I wouldn't dq your new sub clan for alts if it's just the commander.

Guest_Tankz_* #52 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 01:03

View PostHypnotik, on Jun 12 2014 - 00:51, said:

One account in a subclan as a proxy for the main clan to help run it is much different than 10+ accounts put in just to get the gold.

i was just blocked for 1 week and my wife's account banned perm due to "Multiple IP's" basically because we live together and play together my wife's account got banned and i got blocked with War gaming thinking there alts, but here you say 1 alt is fine, please be more specific about this as you cant ban and block people for something you publicly say is ok to do.and a few of my clan members have also been banned and there family playing from the same pc or same household and have been perm banned or blocked for the same reason. and this only happened when we submited our post for this event with our clan. even though every account was made months ago or even in BETA.

Hypnotik #53 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 01:11

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View PostTankz, on Jun 11 2014 - 17:03, said:

i was just blocked for 1 week and my wife's account banned perm due to "Multiple IP's" basically because we live together and play together my wife's account got banned and i got blocked with War gaming thinking there alts, but here you say 1 alt is fine, please be more specific about this as you cant ban and block people for something you publicly say is ok to do.and a few of my clan members have also been banned and there family playing from the same pc or same household and have been perm banned or blocked for the same reason. and this only happened when we submited our post for this event with our clan. even though every account was made months ago or even in BETA.

If they are in fact legitimate accounts, then you'll have to have it worked out through the support department. We don't discuss account sanctions publicly.

aceaceaceaceace #54 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6337 battles
  • [-OP-] -OP-
I get the repair, first aid, extinguisher thing every day, and i'm sure toon doesn't log 15000 battles a day :amazed: 

unmonje #55 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 04:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15333 battles
What is it for a clan? :child:   What is its purpose?

Edited by unmonje, Jun 12 2014 - 04:31.

Budman24 #56 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 08:17

Captain

• Players
  • 10291 battles

So for small clans we are having to do more than existing clans.

Bitter_N_Twisted #57 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 14:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15043 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

View Postaceaceaceaceace, on Jun 11 2014 - 22:36, said:

I get the repair, first aid, extinguisher thing every day, and i'm sure toon doesn't log 15000 battles a day :amazed: 

I think that is for completing the "clan mates" mission, do it 10 time and you should get coated optics, 25 times and you get v-stab.

http://worldoftanks....-clan-missions/

I'm not sure if I received my coated optics, I'll have to check when I get home. 

Has anyone received theirs??

Edited by Bitter_N_Twisted, Jun 12 2014 - 14:08.

grvdiger #58 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 19:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 32335 battles
  • [GB] GB

Well I guess I made my clan too early and that I am S.O.L. for a shot at any of the prizes. These will go to the big teams and not us just building guys. Check my account I am not a wallet Warrior, nor do I have the means to create the multiple accounts that most play. I have gained my tanks the old fashioned way "GRINDING" them. For over 14,000 battles and what thanks do I get, nothing. Yet I still paid the gold to start my clan, recruit daily to all levels, not just T8's and above. My clan is open to all that want to join and yet my offer goes rejected for the clan isn't big enough for CW nor do I pay gold to recruit players. I don't have it and yet now the chance comes along and I am out do to I did it too early. Thanks for nothing WOT, just over look us little guys that fight daily, and platoon, and struggle. Yet repay those that can afford to buy tanks and premium time, while us grunts just keeping getting our A..es handed to us .

Thanks for the insult added to the injuries we already have.....

grvdiger #59 Posted Jun 12 2014 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 32335 battles
  • [GB] GB

View PostBitter_N_Twisted, on Jun 12 2014 - 09:06, said:

I think that is for completing the "clan mates" mission, do it 10 time and you should get coated optics, 25 times and you get v-stab.

http://worldoftanks....-clan-missions/

I'm not sure if I received my coated optics, I'll have to check when I get home. 

Has anyone received theirs??

Yes I got mine, though don't know what good they do?

Deathtrap1 #60 Posted Jun 13 2014 - 16:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 49261 battles
  • [_D_A_] _D_A_
Wow, there are a lot of negative comments here. Please don't forget to HAVE FUN! 

Edited by Deathtrap1, Jun 13 2014 - 16:51.

Also tagged with MonthOfClans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users