What premium tanks (if any) are worth their weight in gold?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Asyranok #1 Posted May 03 2011 - 22:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24784 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY
I see a few posts now and then about people dissapointed in their purchase of a premium tank that didn't meet their expectations. I just wanted to do a really short guide on premium tanks that CAN really outperform their counterparts and warn you about others that cannot hold a stick to the competition.

KEEP IN MIND - Virtually all premium tanks will net you something useful: Extra silver credits and experience each battle if nothing else. But, not all (actually very few) are going to be remotely capable of dominating the enemies you will typically face.

First - The Tanks that you want to avoid wasting your money on because their fun factor and power are severely limited

Light Tanks
Valentine Tier IV - This tank is virtually useless. I highly recommend avoiding this tank. It cannot penetrate most tanks. Even most tanks tiers below it. It is slow for a medium tank and overall ineffective. It will often be put into battles with tanks many tiers higher. While it can earn you extra experience and credits versus a standard tier IV tank, it will rarely be fun for anyone but sado-masachists and will possibly make you want to kick puppies.

Medium Tanks
PzKpfw S35 739 (f) Tier III - This tank isn't necessarily bad but it is barely better than its tier II equivalent, the PzKpfw 38H735 (f)(Hotckiss). So it is essentially an insignifactly more powerful version of the Hotckiss that is an entire tier higher. What makes the Hotckiss so powerful is the tanks it finds itself against. When in battles against artillery and tank destroyers, the Hotckiss is rendered entirely unspectacular. This is exactly what the PzKpfw S35 739 (f) is - unspectacular. Avoid wasting real cash on this guy. Being only in tier III, it will not earn a significant amount of experience and credits. Tier 5-8 premium tanks would earn significantly more making them more worth their weight in gold.

Matilda Tier V - This tank has an extremely weak cannon for its tier, but fair health and armor for a medium. It is very slow. Don't expect to be a powerful force on the battlefield in a Matilda. You will be a juicy target for most tanks in tier 4 and above. Don't expect to be king unless you are going against a tank two tiers below the Matilda.

Second - The Tanks that can gain respectable experience and (often) effect the battlefield in a tangible way.

Heavy Tanks
KV-5 Tier VIII - This tank, like the Lowe, can be a force on the battlefield. It has the same exact cannon as a tier 5 KV with the 107mm. However it is heavily armored all-around. It has a glaring weakness that the Lowe does not have. Two miniature turrets on the very front of the hull are very weakly armored and can be penetrated easily by most tanks. Smart/knowledgeable enemies will focus their fire here. It also makes slightly less credits and experience compared to the Lowe because it has a tier 5 cannon mounted on a tier 8 tank.

PzKpfw B2 740(f) Tier IV - This is the only current tier heavy tank below tier V. It is essentially a French Char Bis heavy with minimal armor and a rapid fire (but low damage and penetration) gun. It is a large target but it can travel at a respectable speed. This tank may make you a primary target on the battlefield. This heavy will not make you a brute force on the battlefield. If you act like this is a fair medium tank for its tier, then you will reap the rewards. It's potential is fairly high. It can do major damage to anything from tier 3 or below. Tanks in its own tier or higher it may struggle with. Played correctly, this tank can easily be a top gun on the battlefield. Just don't let your heavy status jade you from the reality of the situation. Despite all this, I recommend against purchasing this vehicle. If you just want to buy it to experiment, then go for it. If you want to buy it to farm credits and experience, hold your gold for a another premium tank.

T14 Tier V - This CAN potentially be a powerhouse on the field. It fires rapidly and has a fair gun, fair health, and fair armor for its tier. Expect to be able to hold your own against most tanks your tier and below. Its effectiveness is eclipsed by the likes of KV's, Ram-II's, Kpzfw IV's, and the other strong heavy and medium tanks of tier V. Despite all this, you can farm experience and credits at a respectable pace. Saving up the cash to purchase a Ram-II instead will likely grab you a much more enjoyable and profitable experience in the same tier.

Churchill Tier V - This tank mounts essentially the same gun as the Ram-II but is slower, has more armor (but less sloping), and more health than its counterpart. Because of this, it can be nearly as effective as the Ram-II. However, if you would choose one or the other, the Ram's mobility make it the better aqcuisition.

Third - The Tanks that can potentially rule the battlefield: all while racking up credits and experience

Light Tanks
T2 Light Tier II - This tank has the best speed and mobility in the game at the moment. At 72 km/h, it is tied for the top speed with the A-20, but is much smaller and more maneuverable. Its gun can only do major damage to tier I and tier II tanks (or artillery up to tier V), but its speed makes it indespendsible as a scout. It is possibly the most fun tank in the game to drive because of these attributes. With gold rounds, it can penetrate the armor of even the highest tier artillery making it an indespensible addition to high-tier clan battles. It will earn you respectible experience but very little credits.

PzKpfw 38H735 (f) Tier II - This tank is slow but has excellent maneuverability and armor for the tier. Its gun is possibly the best tier II tank gun in the game (excluding artillery and TDs). It will be recieving a nerf shortly, but this nerf is to its rate of fire which is currently 30 rounds a minute. It will also be recieving a decrease in its turret's rotation speed. Currently it can rotate as fast as the fastest scout can circle it. These nerfs will not majorly affect the power of the tank. What makes this tank so powerful is that it is the earliest example of limited hit boxes on a tank. There is a major weakspot below the turret in the form of a crew hatch that is very easy to penetrate. However, in low tier battles enemies do not yet grasp the concept of aiming for weakspots. They either use auto-aim which will not aim at the weakspots, or they will randomly fire at various locations on your tank. This tank can EASILY be eliminated by tanks such as the T2 Medium, T-26, and Pzkfw II if those tank's drivers are not noobs. Despite all this, the Hotckiss (as it is often called) is a beast for farming experience (upwards of 700 experience in a good match). However, it will earn you pittance in silver credits.

Medium Tanks
Ram-IITier V - This is a devestating premium tank. Probably the best premium tank available on the in-game store. It is fairly fast, respectably armored, and mounts a devastating cannon. It has very high penetration for its tier AND an insane rate of fire. While its damage is about 25% less than the average gun in tier V, the ROF makes it dojust as much or more damage as the next gun. This is the perfect tank for making credits and experience. Buy this if you want a premium tank.

Heavy Tanks
Lowe Tier VIII - This is a beast of a money-maker and a beast of a tank. Not only can this tank compete with tanks higher in tier but it can dominate (potentially). However, it is limited by the fact that it is incredibly slow and a large and relatively weakly armored target. You will rarely find yourself with top-gun awards or steel wall awards, but you will also rarely get less than 500 experience and 50,000 credits in a battle. This is an excellent tank to purchase to support your other tanks and make cash. It is an alternative to keeping a premium account to support your tier 9 and 10 tanks.

Finally - Premium tanks that are NOT available for purchase. Either they were gift tanks for various testers/players or they were part of preorders ONLY.

Light Tanks
M3 Stuart Lend-Lease (Gift only)
A-32 (Preorder only [Listed as a light and medium tank])

Medium Tanks
Kpzfw V-IV (Preorder only)
Kpzfw V-IV Alpha (Gift only)
M4A3E4 Sherman (Gift only)

Heavy Tanks
KV-220 (Gift only)
M6A2E1 (Preorder only)

Hope this helps ya'll decide on premium tank purchases.

Ghosth #2 Posted May 03 2011 - 22:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5268 battles
  • [LUPI] LUPI
Disagree about the T-14, and here is why.

First it seems to get better matchmaking than most of the Premium tanks.

Second, if the Ram gets pulled into a Tier 7 battle its AP can very easily bounce against many of the enemy.
Granted there are some situations where it can still penetrate from the rear. That situation tends to result in death one way or the other. IE they hold their ground and die, or try to suicide charge so they can get behind and penetrate.

With the T-14 you have the option to load HE and do damage, especially from a distance.
While it may not be the dogfighter that the Ram is, it can still dominate the battlefield. Especially if you snipe from a distance taking out the enemy hvy tanks, then push forward.

In a same tier battle the 75 ap hits hard and shoots straight, and it has the armor to take a lot of punishment.

I've had both in Beta, and far prefer the T-14, but that is my style.

So I'll end it like this. If your style is up close, in their face, choose the ram.
If its more TD like, sit back and snipe until you decide the time is right to charge, choose the T-14.

Even with a loss the T-14 has always made me around 10k credits after expenses for an average match.
Its very easy with 1 other tier 5 to grind 100k credits an hour with.

Asyranok #3 Posted May 03 2011 - 22:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24784 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View PostGhostH, on May 03 2011 - 22:37, said:

Disagree about the T-14, and here is why.

First it seems to get better matchmaking than most of the Premium tanks.

Second, if the Ram gets pulled into a Tier 7 battle its AP can very easily bounce against many of the enemy.
Granted there are some situations where it can still penetrate from the rear. That situation tends to result in death one way or the other. IE they hold their ground and die, or try to suicide charge so they can get behind and penetrate.

With the T-14 you have the option to load HE and do damage, especially from a distance.
While it may not be the dogfighter that the Ram is, it can still dominate the battlefield. Especially if you snipe from a distance taking out the enemy hvy tanks, then push forward.

In a same tier battle the 75 ap hits hard and shoots straight, and it has the armor to take a lot of punishment.

I've had both in Beta, and far prefer the T-14, but that is my style.

So I'll end it like this. If your style is up close, in their face, choose the ram.
If its more TD like, sit back and snipe until you decide the time is right to charge, choose the T-14.

Even with a loss the T-14 has always made me around 10k credits after expenses for an average match.
Its very easy with 1 other tier 5 to grind 100k credits an hour with.

That might just be a view from your personal experience. I fight about 10 times as many T14's when using my T29 than I fight Ram-II's. This could be because there are less people in Ram-II's out there. It could mean that the T14 gets in higher tier battles than the Ram-II. Or it could just be random circumstances. I am willing to bet that that is random happenstance and for that reason, I ommitted that observation.

boybland #4 Posted May 03 2011 - 22:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1224 battles
The T2 light tank is absolutely superb, although there is a diminishing return for have too many on one team (you only need so many scouts).
On Malinovka it is king, you can cross the field with ease and light up all of the enemy team and stay alive long enough to guarantee 4 or 5 of them to get killed pretty much every game....
On Pagorki you can make it to the hill from either end of the map before practically anything else...
Considering these are the two most common low tier maps this makes it doubly good!
You can frequently get north of 1000 XP or 4 or 5 kills in a single game and it usually only takes the first 4 or 5 minutes of the game to do it, my absolute favourite tank for filling in time when the grind gets boring!

ZverMohnatyj #5 Posted May 04 2011 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 7218 battles
The OP should probably be prefaced with the words "personal opinion" in big, bold letters...

Example - Matilda. I get 2-5 frags on it on a fairly regular basis (though it took 10-15 games to figure the thing out, which explains my win-loss record on it thus far). The AP round does wonders on Tiers 4 and under, and the HE round is pretty good at shaking up Tiers 5-6 (with some exceptions to both "rules of thumb", of course). Speed is a problem, so you have to plan like a heavy - "this is where I'm going and what I'm going to do" - though I did manage to completely change directions in Erlenberg once (flank north, firefight, back up after a couple of frags and flank south). HP and armor are adequate against mediums and lights, which are the opponents you should be going after to begin with (unless you have no choice, or if you can actually add value, e.g. you're staring at the side of an M1).

And it's a premium tank, and so makes money, of course.

Your biggest problem will be figuring out which ammunition to use when, and realizing that you should play more conservatively since you can't use speed to get out of trouble. Other than that...it's a fine medium for its tier, and can be very effective under the right circumstances.

So in your personal opinion - "don't expect to be a powerful force on the battlefield". In my personal opinion - learn to play it, and it can do just fine for its tier.

On the other hand, I happen to think the Ram-II is overrated (and I'm 3 out of 5 on the thing) - but can accept that "mileage may vary". [Hence, I wouldn't make a list like this, but rather a "here are the stats and here are my impressions" kind of thing.]

pekiti #6 Posted May 05 2011 - 01:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3669 battles
Good basic guide to premium tanks +1 to the OP.

I love the Pz38H (Hotchkiss), my personal best kill record came with it. It feels like a heavy in the low tier matches, and dies the same way if you run up against experienced enemy or play in the higher matchups. I always make money and exp on it though, even when hopelessly outclassed.

The T2 drives and feels like a dunebuggy with a machine gun on it...I end up yelling 'Yeehah!' and my wife throws things at me to shut up. I don't get a lot of kills except on a very low tier match up, but its cool to run all over the map. Buy a repair kit, and put it in slot 5, you will need it (if you get tracked, even by accidentally crashing into things, you are *dead*).

The RAM is on my wish list for my next premium tank, and I believe it is probably worth the gold...but it is the most expensive of all the premium tanks for sale.

Asyranok #7 Posted May 06 2011 - 03:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24784 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View PostKruzenshtern, on May 04 2011 - 18:35, said:

The OP should probably be prefaced with the words "personal opinion" in big, bold letters...

Example - Matilda. I get 2-5 frags on it on a fairly regular basis (though it took 10-15 games to figure the thing out, which explains my win-loss record on it thus far). The AP round does wonders on Tiers 4 and under, and the HE round is pretty good at shaking up Tiers 5-6 (with some exceptions to both "rules of thumb", of course). Speed is a problem, so you have to plan like a heavy - "this is where I'm going and what I'm going to do" - though I did manage to completely change directions in Erlenberg once (flank north, firefight, back up after a couple of frags and flank south). HP and armor are adequate against mediums and lights, which are the opponents you should be going after to begin with (unless you have no choice, or if you can actually add value, e.g. you're staring at the side of an M1).

And it's a premium tank, and so makes money, of course.

Your biggest problem will be figuring out which ammunition to use when, and realizing that you should play more conservatively since you can't use speed to get out of trouble. Other than that...it's a fine medium for its tier, and can be very effective under the right circumstances.

So in your personal opinion - "don't expect to be a powerful force on the battlefield". In my personal opinion - learn to play it, and it can do just fine for its tier.

On the other hand, I happen to think the Ram-II is overrated (and I'm 3 out of 5 on the thing) - but can accept that "mileage may vary". [Hence, I wouldn't make a list like this, but rather a "here are the stats and here are my impressions" kind of thing.]

I went with what I thought would be the majority opinion. Majority will never be entirity. What does "frags" mean. Fragmentation grenades?

F34rmen00bz #8 Posted May 06 2011 - 03:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 4834 battles

View PostAsyranok, on May 06 2011 - 03:29, said:

What does "frags" mean. Fragmentation grenades?

'Frags' is Quake talk, it means kills but I suspect that you know this already :P

Anywho, are you going to update this post whenever we get new premium tanks or when those tanks become better or worse?

Asyranok #9 Posted May 06 2011 - 04:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24784 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View PostF34rmen00bz, on May 06 2011 - 03:54, said:

'Frags' is Quake talk, it means kills but I suspect that you know this already :P

Anywho, are you going to update this post whenever we get new premium tanks or when those tanks become better or worse?

I intend to.  :Smile_honoring:

ColdHeat #10 Posted May 10 2011 - 06:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 374 battles
Great Post. I wish i had found it, before i have bought my T-14. Then i possibly would have spend a little bit more cash for a Ram-II but in the end, i'm fine that the T-14 ain't that horrible at all. It saved me a lot of time due to the money it makes, especially when you begin with this game and as well all know, time is money, so i don't count it that much as a waste. Moreover its quite nice to grind crews for your other american tanks.

Still i wish, the tank would be more fun to drive cause i don't know what i shall do with the tank, once i have ordinary tanks, who do an equal amount of money per battle.

Vatec #11 Posted May 22 2011 - 05:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12292 battles
  • [425] 425
Just want to confirm that, in my opinion, Ram-II is indeed worth the price. Absolutely awesome tank that can take a beating from, and do penetrating damage to, just about every tank it is likely to face in normal matchmaking. It's not horribly fast, but certainly faster than most heavies in its tier. I bought it so I could rack up some XP and credits to catch up to my regular teammate (who had gotten a tier ahead of me). The Ram-II helped me accomplish that goal quite rapidly. I hesitate to call the thing "overpowered," but it's definitely better than every stock tier V vehicle and on par with most of the upgraded versions.

kodern #12 Posted May 26 2011 - 23:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6715 battles
nope

sharlin648 #13 Posted May 27 2011 - 00:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12206 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
The KV-5 is a licence to print money, its gun's not got the biggest wallop but it can still pack a formidable punch.

amazingbeavis #14 Posted May 27 2011 - 19:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 5436 battles
Don't know man, I love my Matilda - my highest kill count (7 kills) was achieved on that tank.
If was going to by another premium, it would be Lowe. The armor seems to be very bouncy and the gun is great.

MagicSquid #15 Posted May 30 2011 - 17:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13389 battles
I resent you calling my precious Matilda weak!  :(

With gun rammer, vents, and (I've got almost) 100% crew, its accurate gun throws shells out like a machine gun. In one round where I was overmatched, I once had 51 shots fired, with 47 hits. I just kept slinging shells out from the hill in Campinovka, and they kept bouncing shells off my turret.

The Matilda's gun only has 5mm less armor penetration than the T14's, while having substantially higher accuracy, and slightly higher RoF.

It's armor is very good for its tier, and can bounce a great deal of shots. I call it "my medium who thinks it's a heavy."

Another thing that I'm surprised more people don't discuss when considering balance is the profile of the tank. The Matilda is just really small! Roughly half the height of a KV-2, and smaller than a Su-85 or a VK 3601. It's tougher to hit tiny targets than it is larger targets, and tough to hit them accurately, while the tiny targets benefit more from cover. This further contributes to the Matilda's survivability.

Where the Matilda does let me down is the speed. The WoT Wiki had it listed wrongly, and I bought it without looking at its speed stat in game. Matty's lucky to do 24km/hr.   <_<

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get a Ram II for the better speed, but I definitely would avoid the T14. 51mm of frontal armor on a heavy is just unacceptable imho.  :o

a_hippie #16 Posted Jun 02 2011 - 07:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 33192 battles

View PostAsyranok, on May 03 2011 - 22:10, said:

I see a few posts now and then about people dissapointed in their purchase of a premium tank that didn't meet their expectations. I just wanted to do a really short guide on premium tanks that CAN really outperform their counterparts and warn you about others that cannot hold a stick to the competition.

KEEP IN MIND - Virtually all premium tanks will net you something useful: Extra silver credits and experience each battle if nothing else. But, not all (actually very few) are going to be remotely capable of dominating the enemies you will typically face.

First - The Tanks that you want to avoid wasting your money on because their fun factor and power are severely limited

Light Tanks
Valentine Tier IV - This tank is virtually useless. I highly recommend avoiding this tank. It cannot penetrate most tanks. Even most tanks tiers below it. It is slow for a medium tank and overall ineffective. It will often be put into battles with tanks many tiers higher. While it can earn you extra experience and credits versus a standard tier IV tank, it will rarely be fun for anyone but sado-masachists and will possibly make you want to kick puppies.

Medium Tanks
PzKpfw S35 739 (f) Tier III - This tank isn't necessarily bad but it is barely better than its tier II equivalent, the PzKpfw 38H735 (f)(Hotckiss). So it is essentially an insignifactly more powerful version of the Hotckiss that is an entire tier higher. What makes the Hotckiss so powerful is the tanks it finds itself against. When in battles against artillery and tank destroyers, the Hotckiss is rendered entirely unspectacular. This is exactly what the PzKpfw S35 739 (f) is - unspectacular. Avoid wasting real cash on this guy. Being only in tier III, it will not earn a significant amount of experience and credits. Tier 5-8 premium tanks would earn significantly more making them more worth their weight in gold.

Matilda Tier V - This tank has an extremely weak cannon for its tier, but fair health and armor for a medium. It is very slow. Don't expect to be a powerful force on the battlefield in a Matilda. You will be a juicy target for most tanks in tier 4 and above. Don't expect to be king unless you are going against a tank two tiers below the Matilda.

Second - The Tanks that can gain respectable experience and (often) effect the battlefield in a tangible way.

Heavy Tanks
PzKpfw B2 740(f) Tier IV - This is the only current tier heavy tank below tier V. It is essentially a French Char Bis heavy with minimal armor and a rapid fire (but low damage and penetration) gun. It is a large target but it can travel at a respectable speed. This tank may make you a primary target on the battlefield. This heavy will not make you a brute force on the battlefield. If you act like this is a fair medium tank for its tier, then you will reap the rewards. It's potential is fairly high. It can do major damage to anything from tier 3 or below. Tanks in its own tier or higher it may struggle with. Played correctly, this tank can easily be a top gun on the battlefield. Just don't let your heavy status jade you from the reality of the situation. Despite all this, I recommend against purchasing this vehicle. If you just want to buy it to experiment, then go for it. If you want to buy it to farm credits and experience, hold your gold for a another premium tank.

T14 Tier V - This CAN potentially be a powerhouse on the field. It fires rapidly and has a fair gun, fair health, and fair armor for its tier. Expect to be able to hold your own against most tanks your tier and below. Its effectiveness is eclipsed by the likes of KV's, Ram-II's, Kpzfw IV's, and the other strong heavy and medium tanks of tier V. Despite all this, you can farm experience and credits at a respectable pace. Saving up the cash to purchase a Ram-II instead will likely grab you a much more enjoyable and profitable experience in the same tier.

Churchill Tier V - This tank mounts essentially the same gun as the Ram-II but is slower, has more armor (but less sloping), and more health than its counterpart. Because of this, it can be nearly as effective as the Ram-II. However, if you would choose one or the other, the Ram's mobility make it the better aqcuisition.

Third - The Tanks that can potentially rule the battlefield: all while racking up credits and experience

Light Tanks
T2 Light Tier II - This tank has the best speed and mobility in the game at the moment. At 72 km/h, it is tied for the top speed with the A-20, but is much smaller and more maneuverable. Its gun can only do major damage to tier I and tier II tanks (or artillery up to tier V), but its speed makes it indespendsible as a scout. It is possibly the most fun tank in the game to drive because of these attributes. With gold rounds, it can penetrate the armor of even the highest tier artillery making it an indespensible addition to high-tier clan battles. It will earn you respectible experience but very little credits.

PzKpfw 38H735 (f) Tier II - This tank is slow but has excellent maneuverability and armor for the tier. Its gun is possibly the best tier II tank gun in the game (excluding artillery and TDs). It will be recieving a nerf shortly, but this nerf is to its rate of fire which is currently 30 rounds a minute. It will also be recieving a decrease in its turret's rotation speed. Currently it can rotate as fast as the fastest scout can circle it. These nerfs will not majorly affect the power of the tank. What makes this tank so powerful is that it is the earliest example of limited hit boxes on a tank. There is a major weakspot below the turret in the form of a crew hatch that is very easy to penetrate. However, in low tier battles enemies do not yet grasp the concept of aiming for weakspots. They either use auto-aim which will not aim at the weakspots, or they will randomly fire at various locations on your tank. This tank can EASILY be eliminated by tanks such as the T2 Medium, T-26, and Pzkfw II if those tank's drivers are not noobs. Despite all this, the Hotckiss (as it is often called) is a beast for farming experience (upwards of 700 experience in a good match). However, it will earn you pittance in silver credits.

Medium Tanks
Ram-II This is a devestating premium tank. Probably the best premium tank available on the in-game store. It is fairly fast, respectably armored, and mounts a devastating cannon. It has very high penetration for its tier AND an insane rate of fire. While its damage is about 25% less than the average gun in tier V, the ROF makes it dojust as much or more damage as the next gun. This is the perfect tank for making credits and experience. Buy this if you want a premium tank.

Finally - Premium tanks that are NOT available for purchase. Either they were gift tanks for various testers/players or they were part of preorders ONLY.

Light Tanks
M3 Stuart Lend-Lease (Gift only)
A-32 (Preorder only [Listed as a light and medium tank])

Medium Tanks
Kpzfw V-IV (Preorder only)
Kpzfw V-IV Alpha (Gift only)
M4A3E4 Sherman (Gift only)

Heavy Tanks
KV-220 (Gift only)
M6A2E1 (Preorder only)

Hope this helps ya'll decide on premium tank purchases.

Pz38H735(f) For low tier experience farming the Pz38H735(f) absolutely rocks. 346 kills in 138 games, including two 11 kill games, one 10 kill game, 17 top gun medals. 71% win ratio. Slow but deadly.  Against tier 1 and 2 tanks and noob players, this tank is devastating - it almost just doesn't seem fair. A typical game is matched all tier 1 and 2. It will kill tier three tanks. My recollection is that it rarely gets matched against tier 4. At one time it was my highest earning tank for average experience earned per game, averaging 778 experience per battle. A great way to grind up quickly through the lower and mid tiers.

M4A3E4 Sherman - Good all around firepower and speed, but doesn't excel at any one thing in battle except taking hits. Tough as nails. I've had plenty of games where I've taken multiple hits and suffered zero hit point damage. For me this tank just consistently ends up on the winning side in the battle. I guess that's part of the reaason it is such a big experience and credit farmer. I will never stop playing this tank.

Lowe - The most credit I have ever earned in a game was with the Lowe (it happened twice actually) at 126,000 credits.  Enough said. It rules the credit farming world. The long, slow, painful grind just to get a playable Tiger or KT (one with mobility and a decent gun) is, well . . . long, slow, and painful. I did it once in beta and that was enough. The stock KT feels like a sitting duck moving at 5 mph.   Wallet Warrior or not, get a Lowe to farm credits and experience and get a decent engine in your KT before it even fights the first battle. Besides, the Lowe is a fun tank to play with plenty of armor and firepower, allowing it to brawl close in or snipe at long range.

Ram - never played one but they are hard to kill so if they earn credits I'd say try one.

Asyranok #17 Posted Jun 02 2011 - 20:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24784 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY
Just added my take on the new premium tanks - the Lowe (Lion) and KV-5.

Strykewolf #18 Posted Jun 03 2011 - 00:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22462 battles
  • [AR15] AR15
Really depends on your play style on which tank benefits you the most.

Dwarlock #19 Posted Jun 04 2011 - 17:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 2856 battles
I currently have the T2 light, the Churchill, and the A-32.

I wish I could tell you to go get the A-32, but since it was preorder only it's not one of your options.

My thoughts on these tanks;

A-32**********(315 battles so far)

Second most fun tank I have, and the most played.
It is fast, and very maneuverable, much like an A-20 but with enough HP to last a bit longer, in my average battle, I detect between 7-9 of the enemy and kill 2 arty.  My tactics with this tank tend to be a modified "mad rush" (I try to rush into high profit locations, for max detects and kills)  This tank is fast enough, and has enough armor, that I can sometimes loop around and make several runs across the entire map. (not sure how many scout awards, but this tactic normally nets them, and sometimes a confederate.
Even in a losing battle I tend to average 20k credits (profit, after repairs and ammo cost), and a win can bring 40k or better.

Churchill************(37 battles so far)

I like this tank, with a rammer, the rate of fire is near as fast as I can click the mouse. Seldom do I get the kill, but even if half the rounds bounce, the number of rounds fired mean I damage anything I aim at at least somewhat.  I love seeing a Churchill on my team. One of my favorite battles with the Churchill, I killed 2 KVs with the 152.  I simply landed that many shots in between their reloads.

Average credit profit, between $12k and 15k seems a little low, considering I bought it to make extra credits based on it's rep for generating them.

T2 Light********(50 battles)

This tank is simply fun, my kills are not impressive, mostly because If I stop long enough to aim I die, but while moving it is a blast.  I have detected all 15 enemies several times in this tank, and still made it back to base.
This tank is also great because in the lower tier battles half of what hits you is autocannon fire, and when moving fast you can take a lot of hits before death.

One big warning however, insane giggling  (very unmanly so don't play this tank when people are around) is quite common.  I can think of 3 battles where I caused multiple team kills on the other team because I flew in between 2 tanks.

Average credit profit about 6k

deano_au #20 Posted Jun 05 2011 - 08:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3560 battles
If someone were to pick the KV-5 over the Lowe, they would do it for 3 reasons. 8 rounds per minute that'll penetrate most matchups AND do decent damage (if you know where you're aiming, anyway), well rounded armour with no glaring weaknesses other than the R2's and flat surfaces. Lastly, height.

Why height you ask?

Because the barrel is positioned so high, a lot of the rocky terrain area's allow you to stick your barrel over a rock formation to make better use of the terrain. I've discovered on the maps quite a few area's that cover my arse quite well that I have always disregarded in "lower" tanks that allow me to take potshots as I please without revealing too bigger surface area and covering myself from "the usual" arty positions. Secondly, you're that damn high that when you blow up a "smaller" tank in a brawl, you can drive right up to it and fire over the shell, once again, making better use of the.. terrain :)

That being said, I think it comes down to the driver. Both the Lowe and KV-5 are beastly tanks but to choose between them, you need to be aware of your own favoured play style as they are two very different tanks that will suit two different styles of player.