Jump to content


Raseiniai Challenge


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

___Laser___ #1 Posted May 30 2014 - 20:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11225 battles
  • 1,300
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

Tier & Point Limits

Teams may deploy no more than 5 members in each match. A team must field a selection of tanks based on the below tier limits.

 

  • Heavy: 5
  • Medium: 5
  • TD: 5
  • Light: 4
  • SPG: 5
  • Special Restrictions: Teams are allowed to bring one KV-2
  • 25 points maximum

 

The encounter battle mode will be used for this tournament.

 

Victory Conditions

Group Stage

  • Battles begin every 15 minutes.
  • 3 points are granted for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss.
  • Each battle will last 10 minutes max.
  • The top 6 teams in each group advance to the playoff round.
  • Teams tied for 6th place advance to the playoff round.
  • Teams are seeded into the playoffs according to points earned against points possible in group stage.

 

Playoffs

  • Each battle lasts 10 minutes max.
  • There will be a 2 minute break in between battles for each round.
  • The winner of each playoff round will be determined as the first to two victories.
  • There is no maximum number of battles.
  • Double elimination begins with the final 32 teams.
  • Teams advancing to the double elimination playoff must lose twice to be eliminated.

 

Schedule

The full schedule is subject to change once the final team count has been determined at the close of registration. Rounds will begin at 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT).

 

Tournament Stage Date
Group Stage Sunday, June 15th
Playoff Round of 128 teams Monday, June 16th
Playoff Round of 64 teams Tuesday, June 17th
Winners Bracket Round 1 Wednesday, June 18th

Winners Bracket Round 2 and 

Losers Bracket Round 1

Thursday, June 19th

Winners Bracket Round 3 and 

Losers Bracket Round 2

Friday, June 20th

Winners Bracket Round 4 and 

Losers Bracket Round 3

Saturday, June 21st

Winner Bracket Semifinals and 

Losers Bracket Round 4

Sunday, June 22nd
Losers Bracket Round 5 Monday, June 23rd
Losers Bracket Round 6 Tuesday, June 24th
Losers Bracket Round 7 Wednesday, June 25th
Losers Bracket Semifinals Thursday, June 26th
Finals Friday, June 27th
Finals (if necessary) Saturday, June 28th

 

Prizes

The following gold prizes will be provided to each member of the respective team, including reserves.

 

  • 1st place: 20,000 gold
  • 2nd place: 10,000 gold
  • 3rd place: 9,000 gold
  • 4th place: 8,000 gold
  • 5th & 6th place: 7,000 gold
  • 7th & 8th place: 6,000 gold
  • 9th - 12th place: 5,000 gold
  • 13th - 16th place: 3,000 gold
  • 17th - 24th place: 1,000 gold

 

Maps

There will only be one map used during the Raseiniai Challenge. The map played on for the Challenge will be Siegfried Line (encounter).

 

Registration

Teams must be submitted for approval to participate in the Raseiniai Challenge. You can find instructions on applying here.

  • Registration opens June 1st, 2014. The last day to submit your team for approval is June 14th, 2014.
  • A team must have at least 5 members to be eligible for participation in the tournament, with a maximum allowed 8 members.
  • Teams may only include existing clan names/tags in their team name if they are directly affiliated with that clan.
  • Teams below the minimum or above the maximum will not be accepted into the tournament.
  • Please keep all team names alpha-numeric. Characters such as  "?, %, @, ^, etc" may cause issues with your team, and prevent you from being able to participate in the tournament.
  • By participating, you agree to abide by all of the terms & conditions, as stated above.
  • By participating you agree to abide by the official tournament rules.

Edited by dance210, Jun 02 2014 - 01:19.


dance210 #2 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 19:17

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24295 battles
  • 4,450
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

Registration is now open. 

 

Good luck guys!!



Scrublet #3 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 21:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30618 battles
  • 1,472
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013
3 times in a row.

_Nebz #4 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 22:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19849 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-12-2012
I am sorry, one KV-2 is allowed?..... and only T4 lights? as seen here.

EndUserLicenseAgreement #5 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 22:36

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
lol kv2.....vs tier 5s

SpunkyGoon #6 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 22:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22115 battles
  • 608
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012
tier 5 encounter on siegfried, didnt we have this like a month ago?

LostMyMarbles #7 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 23:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 47039 battles
  • 1,608
  • [INDIG] INDIG
  • Member since:
    09-13-2011
isnt a kv-2 a tier 6 heavy tank yet the restrictions are max tier 5   ????? :confused:

_Nebz #8 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 23:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19849 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-12-2012
ikr.

LordCommanderMilitant #9 Posted Jun 01 2014 - 23:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 8597 battles
  • 3,243
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014
At the battle at rasenai, there was a KV-2 that singlehandedly pinned down a whole german advance.

dance210 #10 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 00:57

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24295 battles
  • 4,450
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostNeblaz1, on Jun 01 2014 - 14:19, said:

I am sorry, one KV-2 is allowed?..... and only T4 lights? as seen here.

 

You are correct and the OP has been fixed :honoring:

 

View PostLostMyMarbles, on Jun 01 2014 - 15:22, said:

isnt a kv-2 a tier 6 heavy tank yet the restrictions are max tier 5   ????? :confused:

 

Correct, it's a Tier 6 heavy. However, that is the ONLY Tier 6 that is allowed. If the limit were Tier 6, then ANY tier 6 heavy would be ok - which is not the case.

 

Does that make sense?



_Nebz #11 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 01:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19849 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-12-2012

View PostCaptain_Judo, on May 30 2014 - 21:49, said:

Tier & Point Limits

Teams may deploy no more than 5 members in each match. A team must field a selection of tanks based on the below tier limits.

 

  • Heavy: 5
  • Medium: 5
  • TD: 4

  • Light: 5
  • SPG: 5
  • Special Restrictions: Teams are allowed to bring one KV-2
  • 25 points maximum

 

Another typo.



dance210 #12 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 01:19

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24295 battles
  • 4,450
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostNeblaz1, on Jun 01 2014 - 17:04, said:

Another typo.

 

....

 

And that's why they don't let me have nice things.... :hiding:



EvoShandor #13 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 02:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36324 battles
  • 86
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013
Wouldn't be surprised. In Skrimish XX with a tier 6 limit on TD's, we fought against an SU-152.

yor273c #14 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 03:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24606 battles
  • 66
  • [LXG] LXG
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View PostEvoShandor, on Jun 02 2014 - 02:27, said:

Wouldn't be surprised. In Skrimish XX with a tier 6 limit on TD's, we fought against an SU-152.

 

Did you file a Dispute?   Because if you had they would have been disqualified, you would have been credit with the win...  etc, etc...

 

http://forum.worldof...86#entry7153886



_Nebz #15 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 04:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19849 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-12-2012

View Postdance210, on Jun 02 2014 - 02:19, said:

 

....

 

And that's why they don't let me have nice things.... :hiding:

I am just here to help you out.... and i was mad i spent all my gold to unlock the chaffee and then i find out that i cant use it Q___Q.



votato #16 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 06:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30450 battles
  • 1,340
  • Member since:
    09-13-2012

View PostNeblaz1, on Jun 01 2014 - 23:51, said:

I am just here to help you out.... and i was mad i spent all my gold to unlock the chaffee and then i find out that i cant use it Q___Q.

dont be. instead be mad at yourself that you didnt do it sooner.



Hazlo #17 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 08:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7648 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

Question, will regular skirmishes still run at the same times the weeks this event is going on? If so will there be any timing schedule depending on how many games are being played an hour before normal skirmish time? Just trying to figure out if we have to choose between regular skirmishes and this event, or if we can do both at the same time.

 

Thanks.



dance210 #18 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 08:38

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24295 battles
  • 4,450
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostHazlo, on Jun 02 2014 - 00:21, said:

Question, will regular skirmishes still run at the same times the weeks this event is going on? If so will there be any timing schedule depending on how many games are being played an hour before normal skirmish time? Just trying to figure out if we have to choose between regular skirmishes and this event, or if we can do both at the same time.

 

Thanks.

 

Skirmishes will run as normal while the challenge is taking place.

 

Whether you decide to do both, or choose one or the other, is up to you. Teams have an hour to secure the victories needed in the Challenge before the Skirmish starts; if you think you can do that then by all means sign up for both :)



Hazlo #19 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 08:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7648 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

Thanks Dance.

 

How many matches are there in the challenge per night?

 

During the group stage is it going to be 6/7 matches like group stage for skirmishes, if so then I'm wondering if it is even technically possible to finish before 22:00 PDT since the number of matches, time in between matches as the matches themselves (at least in the group stage) wouldn't be based on how well a team does since they are scheduled to start a specific time would prevent being able to play in the skirmish in the next hour since the Challenge would be starting at 21:00 PDT.

 

Also for the playoff rounds, is it just one team your facing and then playing to win three in possible ten matches like in skirmish playoffs?

 

Trying to figure out the format so we can make an informed decision on how we'll coordinate participation between both events.

 

Edit: Disregard question about group stage just realized it's going to happen on a Sunday which I guess the main conflict would be the previous week's skirmish finals, there could be potential for overlap. The other question is still valid though, what will the format be of the playoff rounds for the challenge, will it just be facing one team per night? Thanks again.


Edited by Hazlo, Jun 02 2014 - 08:58.


Moguai #20 Posted Jun 02 2014 - 09:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,137
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostHazlo, on Jun 02 2014 - 00:43, said:

Thanks Dance.

 

How many matches are there in the challenge per night?

 

During the group stage is it going to be 6/7 matches like group stage for skirmishes, if so then I'm wondering if it is even technically possible to finish before 22:00 PDT since the number of matches, time in between matches as the matches themselves (at least in the group stage) wouldn't be based on how well a team does since they are scheduled to start a specific time would prevent being able to play in the skirmish in the next hour since the Challenge would be starting at 21:00 PDT.

 

Also for the playoff rounds, is it just one team your facing and then playing to win three in possible ten matches like in skirmish playoffs?

 

Trying to figure out the format so we can make an informed decision on how we'll coordinate participation between both events.

 

Edit: Disregard question about group stage just realized it's going to happen on a Sunday which I guess the main conflict would be the previous week's skirmish finals, there could be potential for overlap. The other question is still valid though, what will the format be of the playoff rounds for the challenge, will it just be facing one team per night? Thanks again.


Yes playoffs are 1 team head to head.

 

Playoffs

  • Each battle lasts 10 minutes max.
  • There will be a 2 minute break in between battles for each round.
  • The winner of each playoff round will be determined as the first to two victories. 
  • There is no maximum number of battles.
  • Double elimination begins with the final 32 teams.
  • Teams advancing to the double elimination playoff must lose twice to be eliminated.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users