Very few of my shots do any damage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

wldmn13 #1 Posted May 04 2011 - 16:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 5385 battles
In the past day or so very few, if any, of my shots seem to be doing any damage. I've tried AP, HE, and the problem persists across all my tanks including:

KV w/ 76mm ZiS-5
T14
PzKpfw w/ 5cm KwK 38 L/42
M2 Medium w/ 37mm M-6

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm shooting at a light tank, medium, heavy, TD or what, and I've tried aiming only at the green portion of targets, but after the shot, there they are at 100%

Now I must admit I'm playing at work so I can't have the sound on and I don't hear what the voices tell me happened, but I'm amazed that shooting an M3 in the tracks with my KV twice still leaves him at 100%.

Is this just an unlucky streak or am I doing something wrong?

Dersico #2 Posted May 04 2011 - 17:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 1634 battles
Track shots deal no damage  :Smile_harp:
Try getting the upgraded gun of all tanks (excluding the T14, because that thing is crap) and then see if you penetrate nothing.
Also, make sure you aren't shooting sloped areas, because slope bounces high caliber shells off a Leopard.

wldmn13 #3 Posted May 04 2011 - 19:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 5385 battles

View PostDersico, on May 04 2011 - 17:21, said:

Track shots deal no damage  :Smile_harp:
Try getting the upgraded gun of all tanks (excluding the T14, because that thing is crap) and then see if you penetrate nothing.
Also, make sure you aren't shooting sloped areas, because slope bounces high caliber shells off a Leopard.
Does that mean shots that hit the track only, or does it include shots in the road wheels, and elsewhere below the midline of the tank body?

I'm almost certain I've damaged tanks below the midline before.

Also, reading the voice cues listed on the Battle Mechanics page, I know I've heard penetration messages at home with no associated damage. Can you penetrate and not do damage?

DemonicSpoon #4 Posted May 04 2011 - 21:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3086 battles

Does that mean shots that hit the track only, or does it include shots in the road wheels, and elsewhere below the midline of the tank body?

Depends. The shot can go through the tracks and into the tank hull to do damage. Generally if you hit the lower part of the tracks or just graze them it will do no damage.

Dersico #5 Posted May 05 2011 - 07:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 1634 battles
Tanks with something similar to a Vicker's suspension (Valentines use these) appear to be lifted a fair distance from the ground, thus preventing damage from shells aimed towards their tracks.
Tanks like the Leichttraktor and MS-1 have their main hull barely above or at the same level of their tracks, thus allowing most shells to deal damage to a tank's health.

I say most, because tracks can bounce/absorb shells...

A penetration does not always produce a visible amount of damage.
Everything on a tank can absorb damage (human shield!) as every part of a tank has its own individual health system.

+my own theory about modules bouncing shells...

KaiserDragon #6 Posted May 08 2011 - 05:09

Private

• Players
  • 2087 battles
Go into settings.
Rectile
Change to crosshair pentration indicator.
The colors will let you know what you fire at better.
Basically never fire at red.

Kritdonkulus #7 Posted May 08 2011 - 12:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

View PostKaiserDragon, on May 08 2011 - 05:09, said:

Go into settings.
Rectile
Change to crosshair pentration indicator.
The colors will let you know what you fire at better.
Basically never fire at red.

Correction: Never fire AP at red, feel free to sling HE shells to tickle them.

Ganegrei #8 Posted May 08 2011 - 13:53

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 2672 battles

View Postwldmn13, on May 04 2011 - 16:56, said:

In the past day or so very few, if any, of my shots seem to be doing any damage. I've tried AP, HE, and the problem persists across all my tanks including:

KV w/ 76mm ZiS-5
T14
PzKpfw w/ 5cm KwK 38 L/42
M2 Medium w/ 37mm M-6

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm shooting at a light tank, medium, heavy, TD or what, and I've tried aiming only at the green portion of targets, but after the shot, there they are at 100%

Now I must admit I'm playing at work so I can't have the sound on and I don't hear what the voices tell me happened, but I'm amazed that shooting an M3 in the tracks with my KV twice still leaves him at 100%.

Get the 107mm gun on the KV.   :Smile-izmena:   Also make sure your shots are actually hitting the target.  Most guns in Wot are painfully inaccurate.  Also stop playing at work.  It is a BAD habit to get into and unless you live in a magical land where the economy has held up better then the rest of the world, ie. Canada, Denmark, Sweden, then jobs are in short supply and you dont want to lose yours.

CaptIceman #9 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13450 battles

View Postwldmn13, on May 04 2011 - 16:56, said:

This is the curse of bad employees  :angry:

I run my own company and would fire you right away if I caught you playing games on your work shift.  :Smile-izmena:

boybland #10 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
I have noticed in recent times that there is sometimes a fair bit of a delay on the indication of damage to enemies.
I will sometimes shoot someone and think I did no damage as they are still %100 but after I mouse off them and back on it will display the correct percentage, I only noticed this in the last week or two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users