Object 704

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Kyoji #1 Posted May 05 2011 - 06:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I saw a thread on how weak it was armor wise. Really? I haven't played it so I can't say for sure, but for those that have am I just dreaming when I say I think it's OP? Its frontal armor bounces plenty of shots and it offers a ton of HP. It takes 4 shots from my IS-4 to kill it. Meanwhile it takes 2 from it to kill me.

Is there a weakpoint I should be aiming for other than it's side as when I aim for the side it takes - like I said 4-5 shots. I try tracking it, but I can't even make it around the damn thing in my heavy tank. Also, with repairs it comes up too fast to matter anyways.

Solutions to my dilema or is this just another OP Russian tank?   :o

PS. Just to get the "be a better player" jargon out of the way lets assume I am bad to start with and it's your job to inform the bad players of America how to play.

Mrshilka #2 Posted May 05 2011 - 06:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
its onother op russian tank its better armoured then most heavys front on and yes at most it 4 shots anything in the game. the driver bitch and moan about it cause they fear it being made normal.

Scouten #3 Posted May 05 2011 - 06:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
theirs a reason they are called TANK DESTROYERS hit them from the side or park behind one. attacking any TD from the front is asking for pain

the role of the Heavy tank is to kill Mediums and Lights,
Medium tanks are supposed to kill TDs and arty with their speed.
TDs are their to wreck slow moving heavies up etc etc etc

Keifomofutu #4 Posted May 05 2011 - 07:21

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
TD's wreck everything from long to mid range. Mediums, Lights, Heavies. The only thing a TD really fears is arty. And sometimes so few of them are in the games that TD's pretty much park behind the 1-2 chokepoints in a map and just roflstomp everyone.

Circle-strafing a TD is a fine idea but in practice it really never happens as TDs tend to be behind all their own heavies.

Kyoji #5 Posted May 05 2011 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostScouten, on May 05 2011 - 06:57, said:

theirs a reason they are called TANK DESTROYERS hit them from the side or park behind one. attacking any TD from the front is asking for pain

the role of the Heavy tank is to kill Mediums and Lights,
Medium tanks are supposed to kill TDs and arty with their speed.
TDs are their to wreck slow moving heavies up etc etc etc
My Jagdpanther doesn't seem like a TANK DESTROYER. More like a weenie mobile in tier comparison (i.e. Jagd hitting a T7 compared to an Object hitting a T9).

Also, like I said. Even hitting them from the side takes forever. Also, only a nub would let their side be flanked so easily. Head to head battles a TD should win. I agree there, but shouldn't we at least award lets say, German TD's the same leeway?

It also seems like people fear Object's more than JagdTigers. I don't really want to turn this into another "Germans are once again shit compared to Russian tanks" so back to my point. What strategies do you guys do to kill them?

For example. I am in a chokepoint. There are lets say 3 on my side and 3 on their side and one of those 3 is an object. I could back up. But, if everyone did that the Object would just walk right up to the base and cap. Or even turning around would get me knocked out by the other tanks. I can back up but the object smells the fear and presses in.

Seems like my only choice is to pretend to be a threat and only hope that he fears repair bills as much as me.

Mrshilka #6 Posted May 05 2011 - 07:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
JT  will rarely win front on vs a 704 704 2 shots JT
JT with luck 3 shots 704

704 can hit you anywhere he likes.
JT must aim and pray to hit the 2 small area of sloped steel either side of the mantlet or the small area beneith it

600 JT battles in beta I know  how to use it  the 704 is the issue.

VooDooPC #7 Posted May 06 2011 - 03:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I haven't had any trouble penetrating the front of the Object 704 in my T29 with the 105mm from most ranges. Aim for the side the gun isn't on and you will penetrate.

Object 704 can't hit you anywhere he likes when you are in a JagdTiger. But the JagdTiger mantle does suck and there's weaker armor between the tracks in the front. I think the weak spots on the JagdTiger are smaller than the weak spots on the Object 704 in proportion to the tank size. The JagdTiger can cover the weaker bottom armor with a rock, hill, or a dead tank, which the Object 704 cannot do.

Whyan #8 Posted May 06 2011 - 04:25

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Don't aim for the gun mantel and the slopes because the mantel itself is like 300 something mm of armour while the slopes are at an angle enoug hto bouce stuff. If you have to kill it from the front aim where the red star is or under the gun and it'll cut through.

Mrshilka #9 Posted May 06 2011 - 07:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
at 286 pen on the BL10 there is no where on a JT that will bounce that round he can shoot you anywhere front on and do full damage 2 shoting you.

Which is my point all along combine that witht he bright spark idea of making entire lower half of the JT as weak as a KT's front with a even lower armour part that everyone aims for  thats also contains your transmission right below that.

the Blanace is lacking to the point of either the 704 is broken op or the JT is broken UP.

Hey pick one and we can ajust via that:P

VooDooPC #10 Posted May 06 2011 - 20:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
With even the slight angle on the front of the JagdTiger and the way penetration falls off at long ranges, the BL10 does bounce.

Kyoji #11 Posted May 07 2011 - 21:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
It seems a bit OP compared to even heavy tanks its tier.

Sadukar09 #12 Posted May 07 2011 - 21:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKyoji, on May 07 2011 - 21:02, said:

TDs have the biggest guns compared to tanks in similar tiers. Only deviation is the Jagdpanzer IV.

Kyoji #13 Posted May 08 2011 - 02:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSadukar09, on May 07 2011 - 21:25, said:

TDs have the biggest guns compared to tanks in similar tiers. Only deviation is the Jagdpanzer IV.
JagdTiger is crap compared to Object 704. No matter how you cut it the Object is FAR more powerful that the JagdTiger.

Also, tracking them doesn't work. Fully upgraded in repairs and toolbox they repair as fast as a T-54. Can anyone say suprise butsex?

Even further the turn radius on those things is not too shabby. About the same as my IS-4.

Combine that with a little team support and a few tanks in front of you and you have a person that can 2 shot any enemy tank that wanders in front of it and can bounce shots and even has enough HP to take 3-4 shots from an IS-4 with the tier 10 gun.

It just seems to me that the turn radius is ridiculous and the damage is too high. When combined you have an OP tank.

Anyone who thinks the JagdTiger is even comparable is either full of shit or a Russian TD driver.

McOden #14 Posted May 13 2011 - 17:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I read that the 704 is getting a Acc buff as well, getting to the point where you just have to roll USSR or quit.

random51 #15 Posted May 13 2011 - 18:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKyoji, on May 07 2011 - 21:02, said:

In a direct engagement it is supposed to be.

The heavies have more armor, more HP, and a turret. The TD sacrifices all of that for high alpha sneak attacks.

As far as TD vs TD balance goes, whomever lands the first hit in a JT vs. 704 battle wins given equivalent player skill. If wargaming.net ever gets around to fixing the broken aspects of the JT the JT will be the better TD in most situations.

As far as getting AP through the front of a 704, I'm glad more people haven't realized how devastating even mediocre HE rounds are to the vehicle. :)

Belrick #16 Posted May 14 2011 - 04:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I read from the devs that the object significantly outperforms the Jagdtiger.

random51 #17 Posted May 14 2011 - 05:17

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBelrick, on May 14 2011 - 04:24, said:

I read from the devs that the object significantly outperforms the Jagdtiger.

Of course it does and for obvious reasons. The Jagdtiger has a bunch of problems that appear to be mistakes, not just "tweaking". No camo and huge weak spots on the front facing to name a couple. Fix those two issues---like I said in my last post---and the JT will be much more effective.

The mantlet is supposed to be fixed and supposedly camo is being worked on too, whether or not that means nerf everything with good camo or buff the stuff like jagdpanther jagdtiger which have practically none we'll have to wait and see.

pekiti #18 Posted May 14 2011 - 11:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I love skimming these threads and watching how opinion is offered as fact.

"I read somewhere that"
"I heard a dev say"

If you have some links to facts, post them and I'll take your opinion more seriously.

But who can take you seriously, when you say things like:
"is this just another OP Russian tank?"
"only a nub would let their side be flanked so easily"
"Anyone who thinks the JagdTiger is even comparable is either full of shit or a Russian TD driver. "

Your last post made me laugh out loud, actually.

You give the example of an Elite crew that is fully trained in repairs, AND has the Toolbox module, AND has support from its team (!), AND has a few tanks in front of it....that certainly would make the vehicle overpowered, right?. Except, you could say the same for just about any high tier vehicle, couldn't you?

An amusing rant thread, but not much for substance here.

Pocktio #19 Posted May 15 2011 - 12:25

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I remember killing an Object in my Ram. That was fun. Wait for it to fire. Circle behind, constantly track and voila, it's dead.

It has huge weaknesses. All I see in the complaining is 'I can't take it head on', well why the hell should you? That's what it does best. So do you play to its strengths, die and then complain it is OP or find a way around?

Sure it may be hard but it's a tier 9 TD. It should not be easy to kill.

You know, my 3601 has a terrible time killing Ausf Bs and IS4s, doesn't make them OP.

Yamaxanadu #20 Posted May 15 2011 - 13:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I more afraid of JagdTiger when I drive my T32... Object 704 is easy target since it's poor armored and can be easily destroyed from distance.