NOT WORTH IT...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Stepbro #1 Posted May 06 2011 - 01:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 7010 battles
If you do not wanna spend or buy any gold, then do not get your first Heavy Tank, as this will cost more, to fix, than what you normally win.

There is another way of being able to play constantly with your brand new heavy... and that is you play with it until it sucked all your credits out, then switch to a medium tank or something, make some credits and use that to fix your Heavy Tank the whole time. (the ammo is just, if not more, as expensive)

Personally the back and forth between tanks has made me fed-up, I mean just to repair it. I cannot even upgrade the gun or whatever, cause the damned thing is so expensive to repair.

So for me, I'll never be able to advance passed the medium tank. Sadly that kills the game for me.  :(

Kazzick #2 Posted May 06 2011 - 01:28

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5123 battles
It's a good idea to keep your tier five tanks for money grinding.  I keep my KV, SU-85, T-34, and Pz4 and play them for one win per day, even tho they're elite.  Fun as heck too.

LordRaider #3 Posted May 06 2011 - 01:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6421 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN
I would be nice to play the game without prem, but the upper you climb in the tech tree, the faster you'll need some gold, because not everyone have enought free time to play with 6 meds to sustent one or 2 heavies.

vs125r #4 Posted May 06 2011 - 01:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
If you want to f2p forever, stay on Tier 5...max. And occasionally use tier 6-7.

boybland #5 Posted May 06 2011 - 01:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
Pretty much working as intended...
The idea is that free to play is reasonably fun, but not so much fun there is no point upgrading...
You really do get quite a lot of game play for free in WoT, certainly enough to know whether or not you are likely to ever want to spend money on it.
They should allow free platooning, but aside from that, what you get for free is pretty much as expected, they have to make money somehow!

soulspectre #6 Posted May 06 2011 - 03:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13445 battles
For those whole play without premium- getting to tier 10 quickly is an unrealistic goal. Without premium it's going to be a long-term goal and if you focus all your sessions to just grinding your way to Tier 10 as fast as you possibly can then it will be thoroughly painful. I suggest you find a few low tier vehicles you like and focus your time on them and make those vehicles your "main" tanks and only play your higher tier ones occasionally just to inject some variety and to continue their steady advancement.

Even with premium the majority of my games were in low tier battles, not because I had to play them, but due to them being thoroughly enjoyable. Lower tier gameplay is more frenetic and carefree than high tier matches. Plus you earn a consistent revenue stream, win or lose. Play enough matches in those low tier vehicles and not only will your crew be experts but so will you, and then you can really start to lay waste to your enemies and earn the credits. Nothing like sneaking up to the enemies base on campinova in my luchs with 100% camo crew, cammo net and binocs and listening to the enemy team rage as they get destroyed by invisible tanks. Won quite a few matches from that tactic, and earned a pile of credits for it as well.

There are a quite a few low tier tanks worth playing and devoting your time to such as the: luchs (hands down one of my all time favorite tanks), leopard, PZ3 (HE cannon will shock higher tier tanks), pzIV, KV, marder II and quit a few others. Just grab those low tier tanks you like, train them up, get good at them and dominate. Use the excess credits to roll your larger tanks occasionally.

Entaran #7 Posted May 06 2011 - 06:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9755 battles
  • [INKOS] INKOS
In all seriousness, I play more tier 1 and 2 matches than anything else.

They are hilariously good fun with friends unlike the massive camp fests you get at high high tiers.

Getting 1500 odd xp a game at tier 2 is pretty amusing too. Especially when you don't get that much in a t29 unless you play really well.

Dirg #8 Posted May 06 2011 - 14:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26194 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStepbro, on May 06 2011 - 01:22, said:

If you do not wanna spend or buy any gold, then do not get your first Heavy Tank, as this will cost more, to fix, than what you normally win.

There is another way of being able to play constantly with your brand new heavy... and that is you play with it until it sucked all your credits out, then switch to a medium tank or something, make some credits and use that to fix your Heavy Tank the whole time. (the ammo is just, if not more, as expensive)

Personally the back and forth between tanks has made me fed-up, I mean just to repair it. I cannot even upgrade the gun or whatever, cause the damned thing is so expensive to repair.

So for me, I'll never be able to advance passed the medium tank. Sadly that kills the game for me.  :(

Pardon me but from your post you are saying that a KV/T1 (the first non prem heavies) cannot support themselves and are to expensive to use without another tank? I don't think thats what you mean but it is what you posted. Obviously thats just wrong so I will assume it is not what you meant.

Personally I didn't find a need to have "support" tanks until tier7 in beta. Judging by your Tiger statistics you are having real issues maximizing that tanks potential and may want to look within on the answers to why it is costing you so much to run it. Directly answering you however that is the games mechanics and business model like it or not very unlikely ot change and you would be better served walking away if it is a deal breaker for you.

SkeletonDenial #9 Posted May 06 2011 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28604 battles
i forgo a mountain dew every other day so I can afford a premium acct for .50 cents a day. that is some awful cheap entertainment. I play a tier VIII medium (T23). On best battle I made 1200xp and 35,000 in $. On my worst battle I made 88xp and 1500 $.  Premium is so worth it if you like to drive tanks.

I.m just sayin.

(Theres a turtle on the fencepost)

cheers.

Elbow #10 Posted May 06 2011 - 15:30

Captain

• Players
  • 21861 battles
As others have said, premium is key for higher tiers. I have found some T6 vehicles to be very profitable, mainly the T-34-85 and VK3601. SPG's apparently are a good source of income too. I run premium and still run into money shortages often as I find any extra credits sitting around burn a hole in my pocket "Oh look I have $200,001.00 lets buy a rammer for that 88mm!"

Zanity #11 Posted May 06 2011 - 21:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 4818 battles

WRONG, spoken like a true noob, what you're saying is any tank at and above Tier VI will have a chance of loosing credits. it has nothing to do with being heavy or not, for example, the German tier VI is a medium tank, and that can get you negative credits after battles if you sucked, but the American T1, a heavy tank, will not. It's not the size of the tank, it's the tier. But after a while, you will ALWAYS start to earn more credits on any tier, once you learn how to use the tank.

Rexxie #12 Posted May 07 2011 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 36864 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You can't lose money in a KV. Not that I support AFKing, but joining a match and doing nothing will net you 2k profit a game.

Brock7142 #13 Posted May 07 2011 - 03:56

Major

• Players
  • 6413 battles
That's why if I were you, I'd just settle down, and have fun with all of the tier 1-5 tanks.

Even with premium, I'm in no rush to get to the next tank. Take your time to learn how to play the tanks you already have.

Whyan #14 Posted May 07 2011 - 07:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles
It's nearly impossible to lose money at tier 5 and under. The only reason i can see someone actually going negative is if they waste every shot and not hit a single thing and getting killed by arty without even detecting any tank in the same match.

At tier 6 its hard to not make profit, theres still the 1 battle in 100 that you will become killed by some random shot before you do anything but thats rare to come by, and usually you'll make more money on a tier 6 than tier 5.

SentinelTiberius #15 Posted May 07 2011 - 09:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 2923 battles
My main money maker is actually a T1 Heavy.  I net 4-6k profit nearly every battle.  The only opposition tanks I have regular difficulty with are KV's, IS's, Shermans, and of course artillery is always a pain until I can actually get them in my sights.  Most everything else I can handle pretty well.

WesJanson316 #16 Posted May 07 2011 - 12:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6851 battles

View PostSentinelTiberius, on May 07 2011 - 09:10, said:

My main money maker is actually a T1 Heavy.  I net 4-6k profit nearly every battle.  The only opposition tanks I have regular difficulty with are KV's, IS's, Shermans, and of course artillery is always a pain until I can actually get them in my sights.  Most everything else I can handle pretty well.

If you want American tanks and want to make money I highly suggest an M4 Sherman

Especially with 105 mm, good lord this thing makes money like you can't imagine

Johnny_Mars #17 Posted May 07 2011 - 13:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11461 battles

Sadly that kills the game for me.  :(
I can see how it would, if earning credits is your raison d'etre. Myself, I enjoy playing the game and the credits are merely a means to an end. If making money in a game is fun for you, I recommend "EVE Online", a.k.a. "Capitalism in Space." It did nothing for me, but people who like it seem to love it.  :Smile_great:

stickjock #18 Posted May 07 2011 - 13:25

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT

View PostWhyan, on May 07 2011 - 07:22, said:

It's nearly impossible to lose money at tier 5 and under. The only reason i can see someone actually going negative is if they waste every shot and not hit a single thing and getting killed by arty without even detecting any tank in the same match.

At tier 6 its hard to not make profit, theres still the 1 battle in 100 that you will become killed by some random shot before you do anything but thats rare to come by, and usually you'll make more money on a tier 6 than tier 5.

Can't count the number of times in my limited battles experience I've seen guys cap'ing that just start shooting for no reason... up in the air *boom, boom, boom*... victory shots I'm sure, but every time you pull the trigger that normally costs cred's to resupply... forget that... save it for when the enemy are in my sites.

WesJanson316 #19 Posted May 07 2011 - 13:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6851 battles

View Poststickjock, on May 07 2011 - 13:25, said:

Can't count the number of times in my limited battles experience I've seen guys cap'ing that just start shooting for no reason... up in the air *boom, boom, boom*... victory shots I'm sure, but every time you pull the trigger that normally costs cred's to resupply... forget that... save it for when the enemy are in my sites.

I won't waste ammo if I'm in a very large tank with 1000+ credits per shell.

But if I am in a small tank where a full resupply costs 1500 credits maximum, I'll blast into the air as much as I want just to hear the boom boom noise it makes :)

But again, if I was in an SPG or a really late tier Heavy, I wouldn't shoot random shells into the air since that's just pissing money out the window.

Ricox #20 Posted May 08 2011 - 19:42

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX
That's how it works. Do you really want to see everyone playing in their IS-7's, Maus tanks and T30's or whatever the top tier American tank is? Even with premium you can't always garuantee a surplus in games with your top tier tanks. How it works is this - you play with your primary tank, if you die in a battle, then you bring up the menu (by pressing ESC), then you press Exit Battle and go play on your moneymaker tank (tier 5 preferably) - simple as that. When you finish playing with your grinding tank, then your primary tank will be already out of battle and you'll be able to return to it. Then you can keep doing that over and over again without worrying about a credit "deficit".  :Smile-izmena:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users