Teleporting shells....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Trecares #1 Posted May 07 2011 - 07:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10825 battles
So, I shot at the side of a Panther, and only broke the track on the far side of the tank, without doing any hull damage. The screenshot shows where I was aiming at before. I don't see how I could have managed to only hit his far side track without doing any other damage to the tank.

Starfirehover #2 Posted May 07 2011 - 08:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21346 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
Gun accuracy dice roll put your fired shell at the outside left of your aiming point?
I have had it happen to me on German 88's and 10.5's with depressing frequency.
Spent 22,000 credits worth of ammunition to Zero damage track a T-29 over and over last night. Even though I was aiming at different parts of the tank with EVERY shot.

Trecares #3 Posted May 07 2011 - 23:23

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10825 battles
The impact point is not visible, nor is his glacis damaged. So in order to hit his outermost track from the left of where I aimed would be more than twice the radius of a fully tightened circle. The aiming circle represents 2.5 sigma. For a 5 sigma hit, that's about 1 in 30 million chance to hit that spot.  So what are the odds of a 5 sigma hit compared to the odds of there being some bug in the code that allowed the shell to pass through a tank and only hit the far side track.

I should also note that I've had a shell from a T34 pass right through me from 30 feet away, twice (much to his chagrin of course).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users