Strongholds Q&A

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

jkloi #21 Posted Jun 20 2014 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20274 battles
  • [-RBO-] -RBO-
I think the world of tanks are migrating schema game, I think it adds value to the game.

jkloi #22 Posted Jun 20 2014 - 17:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20274 battles
  • [-RBO-] -RBO-
I think they could be in 3D and also be be customizable, basandos up in trees and picking up the game characteristics of each nation's trees. So our commander could choose a USSR, Germany, USA etc. type. World of think tanks could raise questions and enter exclusive maps. It could also give the option to choose a map every commander he likes to fight this battle mode and in attack mode.

Valan #23 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 07:11

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View PostAnUnderdog, on Jun 20 2014 - 15:50, said:

Will Stongholds be replacing Tank Companies, or will both options exist?

If FTR blog's translation of Wargaming Russian Developer stream is accurate, the answer is yes. Stronghold mode is replacing Tank Companies. TC's are not returning.  

kingwolf #24 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 10:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14232 battles

So question, The only way for non commanders to participate in this, is for the commander of the clan to create it, is there a way to be in a test clan for this CT test to test out the feature on our own? 

And if i was to be made a deputy commander now in my clan would it affect CT?

A: The only additional thing a Commander can do over a Dep. Comm is create/delete the Stronghold. If you'd like to test all of the features, you can have your CO promote you to Dep Comm on the test server. Changes made on the test server do not affect the live server.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 23 2014 - 19:11.

Th3_Equalizer #25 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 11:01

Major

• Players
  • 39897 battles
  • [VXR] VXR

question: My commander,Wyatt_Derp passed away in March 2014, as stated CO can create Stronghold, please explain why Deputy commander cannot create stronghold.

A: In a case such as this, please contact Support when Strongholds goes live on our server. They'll work with you to figure something out.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 23 2014 - 19:12.

WhichOnelsWill #26 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 16:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles

Is tank locking going to be a feature/issue with strongholds?

A: TBD. All specific features like this will be announced when the mode gets nearer to being released.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 23 2014 - 19:32.

rogombor #27 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16565 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

View Postmaximus0187, on Jun 21 2014 - 11:01, said:

question: My commander,Wyatt_Derp passed away in March 2014, as stated CO can create Stronghold, please explain why Deputy commander cannot create stronghold.

I'm sorry to hear that about your commander. I have a similar problem with strongholds, my commander (rogenberg) has been inactive for a long time, all we have are deputies.

GeneralJist #28 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 20:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 13539 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

I'd recommend bonus notifications, like a banner is seen in your garage when a buff window is open. 

I've been looking to get into an RTS again, if this is handled right, I may not have to find a new game to play along with WoT.

I'd also recommend that detachments could be made with tournament like restrictions, certain # of X tier, or another tier,  thus adding more interesting tactical choices in this mode. Like point caps, ie. like 100 tier points between 15 players, so you can have a mix of tiers,

I know, balancing may be more complex, but if the skirmishes between clans are just cut and paste of tank companies, then It might not reach the full potential.

For what it seems, normal tank companies are not done too often anymore, forcing us to play a TC if we want to play this mode seems heavy handed, and likely be a deterrent to playing this mode. 

Edited by GeneralJist, Jun 21 2014 - 20:15.

FossybeaR #29 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 22:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 29125 battles
  • [WNDEX] WNDEX

biggest issue i see so far is taht when it gets introduced there needs to be a option for the comander to asign a certain person of his choosing to handle all the stronghold stuff 

so he the comander can deal with the usual clanwars stuff on his time 

its called test for strongholds but its basicly impossible since not even the dc's are allowed to do anything 

bugwar #30 Posted Jun 21 2014 - 22:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostFossybeaR, on Jun 21 2014 - 16:05, said:

biggest issue i see so far is taht when it gets introduced there needs to be a option for the comander to asign a certain person of his choosing to handle all the stronghold stuff 

so he the comander can deal with the usual clanwars stuff on his time 

its called test for strongholds but its basicly impossible since not even the dc's are allowed to do anything 

I like the idea of limiting the stronghold actions to the clan commander. 

Perhaps add an option for the clan commander to designate alternates, if that is what the commander wishes. 

As for all those clans with absent commanders, other than complaining to customer service, it might be best for them to simply move on to other clans, or start their own.

Vonk_ #31 Posted Jun 23 2014 - 03:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 11110 battles
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A

At the moment the testing window is set as: "will be available from June 19 until June 23". Five days is not really going to provide any space for developing 1 building in the test server, especially with the few opportunities available to get into skirmish battle. (USA sleeps when Russia is awake, and visa verso) Will it be extended or is this the final duration of the test?

A: June 23 is the final day of this test. If it's determined that another test is necessary, it will be announced later.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 23 2014 - 19:28.

bugwar #32 Posted Jun 23 2014 - 03:26

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View Post_Vonk_, on Jun 22 2014 - 21:07, said:

At the moment the testing window is set as: "will be available from June 19 until June 23". Five days is not really going to provide any space for developing 1 building in the test server, especially with the few opportunities available to get into skirmish battle. (USA sleeps when Russia is awake, and visa verso) Will it be extended or is this the final duration of the test?

Aren't there more than enough Rooskies to provide validation?

The Yanks are just bit players, as far as total game numbers go.

Vonk_ #33 Posted Jun 23 2014 - 13:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 11110 battles
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A
Of course their are, and the the .com server is not just the USA, it is the rest of the Americas, Africa and all the Europeans with re-rolls. But that's not the point. The point is, is it worth our while to get 20-30 guys to down load the test client, arrange "stronghold sessions" on TS across vastly different time-zones, to learn about the game mode, when it is all over in 5 days? So the question remains: Is it only 5 days, or is the information on the Stronghold page wrong?

bugwar #34 Posted Jun 23 2014 - 14:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View Post_Vonk_, on Jun 23 2014 - 07:35, said:

Of course their are, and the the .com server is not just the USA, it is the rest of the Americas, Africa and all the Europeans with re-rolls. But that's not the point. The point is, is it worth our while to get 20-30 guys to down load the test client, arrange "stronghold sessions" on TS across vastly different time-zones, to learn about the game mode, when it is all over in 5 days? So the question remains: Is it only 5 days, or is the information on the Stronghold page wrong?

Is it worth your while?

I guess that depends on the level of interest and ability to commit to taking part in the test your clan has.

If you are in a time zone close to the ones the Rooski clans are using for the test, then my guess is that you have adequate chances to take part.

For those clans residing outside of that period, they will just have to soldier on if they want to take part.  Or simply pass on the opportunity. 

As for the question on length of the test, I suppose that you will find that out tomorrow.

FavreFan4ever #35 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 16:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14568 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

Will individual players get to choose which bonuses (free xp, credit, or xp) that they get or will the clan have to choose as a whole?

A: The clan's officers will be the ones who activate the bonuses, however the individual players will have the ability to assign themselves to any building they choose, which in turn assigns the resources they earn to that building in order to help build the Reserve that they prefer or improve the building they prefer.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 24 2014 - 17:30.

bugwar #36 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 17:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostFavreFan4ever, on Jun 24 2014 - 10:11, said:

Will individual players get to choose which bonuses (free xp, credit, or xp) that they get or will the clan have to choose as a whole?

As I understand it, only the clan commander or deputy commander may choose which of the bonuses they have  to activate, as well as the time they will be active.

Reference: http://youtu.be/HuUYBarIM94

FavreFan4ever #37 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 19:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14568 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
Thanks. I didn't get to watch the video yet.

Object_X #38 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 21:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 21597 battles

So will this be another clan wars ?

A: It will be another inter-clan competitive mode, with several differences

Limited space,  elite clans trampling all the territory ?

A: Each clan has their own territory. It cannot be lost.

No chance for clans who dont live and breathe WOT ?

A: See previous answer.

Edited by Hypnotik, Jun 24 2014 - 23:08.

bugwar #39 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 22:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostObject_X, on Jun 24 2014 - 15:09, said:

Interesting questions.

1. As to whether this will be another Clan Wars, would you be so kind as to elaborate?

2. In the case of limited space, with elite clans trampling all the territory, that is a two parter.

a. Since there is one base for each clan taking part in the mode, there are at least as many spaces as clans exercising the option.

In addition, since a particular clan can potentially have multiple 'routes' into their base, that increases the 'space' available.

b. Whether or not elite clans will trample all the territory, I don't think we can even guess on that till Wargaming publishes the rules for attacking and defending.

3. I also believe that Item 2.b. applies to the chances of success for the Clans who don't live and breathe World of Tanks.

Edited by bugwar, Jun 24 2014 - 22:07.

bugwar #40 Posted Jun 24 2014 - 23:14

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26158 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostObject_X, on Jun 24 2014 - 15:09, said:

A: It will be another inter-clan competitive mode, with several differences

A: Each clan has their own territory. It cannot be lost.

A: See previous answer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

On a seperate note, could you use the 'quotes' function when responding?

When you edit a post to make your response, there is no notification to those following the thread that you made a comment.

To see it, a person has to scroll through all the messages, looking for the ones with colored text, and reading them to ensure that

they are not new content.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users