about the Radio device

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

iPancakes #1 Posted May 08 2011 - 12:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4991 battles
How does the Radio device work?

does the radio signal can determine how far can i detect the enemy?
How does it really work?

i just bought a Tier 9 Radio with 700m signal range but i see no improvement in detecting enemies :huh:

thanks in advance   :)

Lert #2 Posted May 08 2011 - 12:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44728 battles
The radio does not help you detect enemies.

The radio helps you communicate the enemies you DO detect to your teammates. And your radio helps your teammates transmit enemies they've detected to you.

Tikiboom1 #3 Posted May 08 2011 - 13:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2087 battles
What your looking for is view range. That helps you detect enemies. Try getting the Binoculars or a new turret , that helps you know :Smile_honoring:

Hobbe #4 Posted May 08 2011 - 18:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 8092 battles
http://wiki.worldoft...ics#Radio_Range

SHISHKABOB #5 Posted May 08 2011 - 18:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8799 battles
Basically, if your radio range + an ally's radio range is equal to or greater than the distance between you and that ally, he shows up on your radar screen. If he's in this radio range, you can also see all of the enemies that he can see himself, and he can see all of the enemies that you can see yourself. I do not believe that it chains. Meaning, that he can see all of the enemies that you can see because you are within radio range of another guy who is not within radio range of the first guy.

Archie_Bunker #6 Posted May 09 2011 - 03:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19706 battles
  • [GS904] GS904
This is most confusing...

"Signal Range - The range of the radio signal, measured in meters. The radio range is chained through all friendly tanks."

All communication is a 2-way relationship between two vehicles: If you can communicate with a friendly vehicle, then you will know about any vehicles that he can see directly (including himself), and he will know about any vehicles you see directly. However, there is no chaining, or relaying of information: he can only tell you about any vehicles that he has spotted himself, not any that he knows about from radio communications with others. Again, that does not apply to the radar. Once an enemy is spotted by a friendly tank, the whole team will know it's position in the radar chart. It sounds foolish, but that makes a world of difference to an SPG in sniper mode. http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Radio {{{{conflict, this page mentions chaining}}}}

Does the radio chain or not, please tell me what im missing? Radar is the radio, which is the minimap? How does it get its information? This is confusing...

CaptIceman #7 Posted May 09 2011 - 12:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13450 battles

View PostLavaMoon, on May 09 2011 - 03:53, said:

This is most confusing...

"Signal Range - The range of the radio signal, measured in meters. The radio range is chained through all friendly tanks."

All communication is a 2-way relationship between two vehicles: If you can communicate with a friendly vehicle, then you will know about any vehicles that he can see directly (including himself), and he will know about any vehicles you see directly. However, there is no chaining, or relaying of information: he can only tell you about any vehicles that he has spotted himself, not any that he knows about from radio communications with others. Again, that does not apply to the radar. Once an enemy is spotted by a friendly tank, the whole team will know it's position in the radar chart. It sounds foolish, but that makes a world of difference to an SPG in sniper mode. http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Radio {{{{conflict, this page mentions chaining}}}}

Does the radio chain or not, please tell me what im missing? Radar is the radio, which is the minimap? How does it get its information? This is confusing...

Hummm...

Actually I do believe that radio does indeed chaining. Think of it in that way: Would you be in a real tank and recieve an info about a tank hidem behind a hill, would'n you pass that info away to your teammates, aka broadcast ?

I may be wrong, but I stongly believe that one guy with a powerfull radio, positioning himself in the middle of the field would be a valuabell asset to any team, since he could bridge (broadcast) the intel from one corner to the other of the map.
Actually I saw that happen more than once. Hence why I always put some EXP and CASH into getting a better radio.
This is particulary true, but not limited to, when you play ARTY, since one of your goals is to take out enemies far behind the front line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users