leopard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Victoranith #1 Posted May 09 2011 - 00:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 18956 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-
i had just recently got the leopard. i'd put up with its lowly engine power for its first matches. but even after i got the last engine, the leo's accel seems horrible. right now, i have on it the last engion, the last cannon, the first radio (was trying to get enough exp for engine, cannon was researched cause it was cheap) and the first track. is there something i'm supposed to do to make it awesome?

ImperialZenta #2 Posted May 09 2011 - 01:03

Private

• Players
  • 6911 battles

View PostVictoranith, on May 09 2011 - 00:57, said:

i had just recently got the leopard. i'd put up with its lowly engine power for its first matches. but even after i got the last engine, the leo's accel seems horrible. right now, i have on it the last engion, the last cannon, the first radio (was trying to get enough exp for engine, cannon was researched cause it was cheap) and the first track. is there something i'm supposed to do to make it awesome?

It is only awesome if you play it for the role it was created.  Find a place to scout so it can report back to your teammates.  If you find a chance to break through the enemy lines then you can get the soft artillery in behind.  If you are against high tier tanks, start scouting the map so your team knows where the big threat pieces are.  

If you do your scout job well then your opponents should be complaining about the "@#$*!&! invisible tanks"

Greneral_Maow #3 Posted May 09 2011 - 01:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7313 battles

View PostVictoranith, on May 09 2011 - 00:57, said:

i had just recently got the leopard. i'd put up with its lowly engine power for its first matches. but even after i got the last engine, the leo's accel seems horrible.
100% crew and the vent upgrade are important too. Also, if you feel like spending the credits the 105 octane fuel doesnt hurt.

Victoranith #4 Posted May 09 2011 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 18956 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-

View PostImperialZenta, on May 09 2011 - 01:03, said:

It is only awesome if you play it for the role it was created.  Find a place to scout so it can report back to your teammates.  If you find a chance to break through the enemy lines then you can get the soft artillery in behind.  If you are against high tier tanks, start scouting the map so your team knows where the big threat pieces are.  

If you do your scout job well then your opponents should be complaining about the "@#$*!&! invisible tanks"

how am i supposed to scout if my accel isnt that good? it makes turning alot less efficient which is essential to dodging thouse huge shells trying to find steel...

_Dia_ #5 Posted May 09 2011 - 01:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 32140 battles
Engine is nothing if you don't have the tracks. Upgrade your tracks first, that's why your acceleration is so bad. Upgrade your tracks to the best, engine and radio as well, then the acceleration will be good.

MadBadger #6 Posted May 09 2011 - 15:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22188 battles
You have to decide what it is that makes a tank fun or cool for you.

For the Leopard, yes you do really need the top tracks, and the top radio too if you are going to use it for it's Scout role. Not SUICIDE scout which you can do right away (and 70% of all Leopards I see do this). But to SCOUT scout you really want Binocs (or Optics if you prefer to move a lot), Camo net, and probably Vent to finish off. Also of course the best crew you can get.

Then your role is to use your speed to get into a good location quickly, and sit there SCOUTING. And using your fine radio and view range to let your team know what you see. When you get spotted, you use your speed to get out of there and get someone else.

Once the battle has progressed a little bit, you use your combo of speed, some armor, and a decent-ish gun to go smoke those arty, pop light and medium tanks from behind, blow past TD's (from their flank), or cap the enemy base if they are charging ahead and didn't leave enough defenders.

I too got in my Leopard (in beta) and said WTF?  I'm a light!  I get in HORRIBLE matches!  Everything one-shots me!  If I run into their base I don't even survive long enough to make it out the other side!  

Well, then I realized, that's not what a Leopard is for.  I would much prefer it if the matchmaker didn't stick it with such ridiculous matches at times, but even then you can still scout.

Hope that helps,

Dirg #7 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26199 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Good Leo's are good bad Leo's are not. If you find you cannot use it then scouting is not for you. A simple rule of thumb is if everyone loves a tank and does well with it and you do not the problem is very likely not the tank its the driver. This isn't a knock on you, you may simply not have a fitting playstyle to the tank. Either stick with it and figure it out or if you don't want to bother leave it and try something new.

Victoranith #8 Posted May 10 2011 - 01:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 18956 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-
i just got the last track today... and yeah it does help alot. and i had the SECOND radio all along, i just didnt realize/remember.

thx for all tips.

SirBarnick #9 Posted May 10 2011 - 13:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18200 battles

View PostVictoranith, on May 09 2011 - 01:30, said:

how am i supposed to scout if my accel isnt that good? it makes turning alot less efficient which is essential to dodging thouse huge shells trying to find steel...

Acceleration does not have a lot to do with scouting.  You need to remember that all those crazy buffoons you see that dash across a map and get killed by the enemy in the first 60 seconds of a match are NOT scouting.  They ARE getting a Scouting ribbon, but that comes with no exp and does not help their team mates.

Viper69 #10 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Instead of scouting you can counter the enemy scouts. Use you tank to interdict the enemy scouts trying to get to your artillery. You can sit at an perpendicular angle to an artillery piece to protect his flank and give him eyes in another direction. That is was I use my T34 for alot is artillery defense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users