TK appology...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

steve07 #1 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6603 battles
A few moments ago, I accidentally killed an ally. He crossed my sights just as I was firing at enemy artillery. I feel like crap. I appologized twice with no response. This is a public appology. It was an accident. Sorry...

Steve  :(

Valtiel #2 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:39

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3520 battles
I feel your guilt, buddy. Although this happens with me numerous times, accidentally killing lower/higher tier allies with my KV or accidentally smashing one of our cappers with my beta-DB going at full speed T.T

DarkApostle #3 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:41

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10480 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU
Happens to the best of us matey, not much that can be done.

Lightsout #4 Posted May 09 2011 - 02:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 14058 battles
  • [NOC] NOC
lol i think everyone has had a accidental TK once atleast,he probably left and played a diff tank and maybe didnt even realize he was TK'd,tell your gunner to get over it,if he dwell's on this it could effect his reaction time and get your crew killed :o

Oosa #5 Posted May 09 2011 - 03:00

Captain

• Players
  • 30743 battles
It happens to all of us. :(

blakkmantis #6 Posted May 09 2011 - 03:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5347 battles
Been there done that, as long as it was an accident I don't think anybody could get mad.  And if they do, I wouldn't worry about it.  :Smile_harp:

DokterBeefcake #7 Posted May 09 2011 - 03:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15133 battles
One time while driving a 152mm KV I derped two friendly mediums in a row.  Derp comes with its consequences.

(To be clear nobody was anywhere near my line of fire when I lit the shot, but mediums travel fast and HE derp travels slow...)

Symder #8 Posted May 09 2011 - 03:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9389 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
IMHO, if you're going to drive in front of another tank that is actively engaged, and you get shot, it's your own fault for not paying attention to their reload cycle. I have no regrets when a friendly drives in front of my TD and gets shot. Well, except that he just saved someone on the other team. That's a regret.

KAP151 #9 Posted May 09 2011 - 04:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 5663 battles
It happens to everyone - and a lot of the time it's clearly preventable.

People are just too quick to rush in for a kill without realizing they are in the way of a massive barrel that's about to go boom.

boybland #10 Posted May 09 2011 - 04:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
Being hit by friendly fire is an occupational hazard of using a medium or light tank at close quarters, anyone who is hit and whinges too much should really find another occupation :)
Don't worry about hitting the odd friendly it happens, I actually thing the fact it happens fairly often (well okay once very hundred games or so) and consequently people have to be careful how they shoot is one of the many highlights of this game.

Green_Ghost #11 Posted May 09 2011 - 04:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38556 battles
  • [RAYGE] RAYGE
Ya sometimes you accidently do that, most of the time a real TK starts off as soon as the round begins, and usually its followed by harrassing chat, or saying He hit my tank so I defended myself and killed him. LOL
I say sorry if I bump into someone, beep beep or something and usually you get the NP no problem response. I have seen a person say I will kill you all and started killing my team, finally someone killed him, I think I have the screen shot, he had -4 beside his name before our team killed him.

diego999 #12 Posted May 09 2011 - 05:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34183 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T

View PostSymder, on May 09 2011 - 03:23, said:

IMHO, if you're going to drive in front of another tank that is actively engaged, and you get shot, it's your own fault for not paying attention to their reload cycle. I have no regrets when a friendly drives in front of my TD and gets shot. Well, except that he just saved someone on the other team. That's a regret.

Depends on the situation.

I was killed by a team mate hetzer earlier when I was trying to circle fight a KV in my Pz4, and he said "dude you drove in front of the enemy". Sorry, but I was fighting close quarters with an enemy for my own survival. It's you, who's sitting in a bush far behind, who has the time and the option to consider where to place your shots.

Vrekgar #13 Posted May 09 2011 - 07:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 13145 battles
It happens. It never feels better when it happens though.

Every time I have to cross the field of fire of an ally my butt puckers because i know if he twiches I could be shot. However sometimes you get good allies who recognize when your in over your head and you take shots for each other. I particuarly remember this once match where I was getting lit up like a christmas tree, I was blasting away trying to inflict as much damage as possible, And zoomed in looking to place my shots exactly where I wanted them, when all of the sudden i see a green flash and hesitate. When i zoom out theres this Tiger 2 Sitting infront of me actualy covering me, giving my crew the time it needs to repair my tracks and start moving. As soon as I move so does he and his buddy supporting us both.

I can count all the times ive hit friendly tanks with an errant shot on both hands and still have fingers left over. Most of those were close quarters fighting with me and them jockeying for the best position to kill some poor sod.

It makes me mad when I see Intentional TK's, usualy because some guy accidentaly collided with them and they just go overboard. I once saw 2 Derp-KV's collide and because they both got slightly damaged they turned to each other and just started shooting. A TK is never justified but sometimes things happen and you TK a guy. The best solution to that is to win the match and try to do better next time.

Lougle #14 Posted May 09 2011 - 08:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13051 battles

View Poststeve07, on May 09 2011 - 02:35, said:

A few moments ago, I accidentally killed an ally. He crossed my sights just as I was firing at enemy artillery. I feel like crap. I appologized twice with no response. This is a public appology. It was an accident. Sorry...

Steve  :(

You probably got no response because he was already on another tank waiting for his next game to start.

When it is truly an accident, nobody gets too bothered by being killed by a teammate.  And if they do, oh wells.  I've seen people blow up in chat and claim they are going to get the offender banned.  This isn't going to happen.   As long as you don't make a habit of killing your mates, you have no worries.  

Just do what you did, apologize and move on.   Some of these maps are pretty small, and these are big shells we are flinging around.  Bad things will happen :D

Lougle #15 Posted May 09 2011 - 08:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13051 battles

View Postdiego999, on May 09 2011 - 05:07, said:

Depends on the situation.

I was killed by a team mate hetzer earlier when I was trying to circle fight a KV in my Pz4, and he said "dude you drove in front of the enemy". Sorry, but I was fighting close quarters with an enemy for my own survival. It's you, who's sitting in a bush far behind, who has the time and the option to consider where to place your shots.

All zoomed in, and the Hetz sees a nice big KV glowing red on his screen.  Click,  "That was a friendly!"  oops :(.  

While the guy at range should be more careful,  when fighting any opponent in close you have to be aware of the screen you are giving him for your teammates that are trying to kill from ranged.

diego999 #16 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34183 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T

View PostLougle, on May 09 2011 - 08:23, said:

While the guy at range should be more careful,  when fighting any opponent in close you have to be aware of the screen you are giving him for your teammates that are trying to kill from ranged.

True, but I was just trying to get away from the derp gun  :D

boybland #17 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:42

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles

View Postdiego999, on May 09 2011 - 22:01, said:

True, but I was just trying to get away from the derp gun  :D

Yup when your circling a KV, stopping to let someone else shoot simply is NOT an option  :lol:

Dirtyherby #18 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8491 battles
I killed a team mate that was in close combat with an enemy tank, I immediately apologized for it and the player had no hard feelings.  I have also been killed in the same situation and after the initial anger of dieing and when they apologized I was fine.  The OP situation happened to me yesterday, firing on an IS and just as I pulled the trigger a friendly tank moved into my line of fire.  They actually apologized to me for getting in the way, all I could say was "glad I didn't kill you" but I still felt bad that I hit them.  They survived the battle and that made me feel better about shooting them.

Don't let what happened bother you, all you can do is apologize and move on - what's done is done.  Like someone else said they probably quickly backed out of the battle and moved on to another tank.

25Spartanspearman25 #19 Posted May 09 2011 - 23:46

Captain

• Players
  • 5446 battles
  • [STRKE] STRKE
Been in both situations before. :lol: Plus it really doesn't help when he runs out in front of you and your computer is experiencing some major lag. <_<  +1 for your bravery to come out and apologize for it. :Smile_honoring:

MrFriendly #20 Posted May 10 2011 - 16:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6070 battles
I hate it when my color blindness kicks in and I swear the target is red, up until it's black and I get the, 'That Was One Of Ours!' message.  :(  

I always immediately reply, but too often they're outta the game already. I've probably been TK'd before, but I can't for the life of me recall if I get a message saying I died by friendly fire or not. hopefully it doesn't, that way, because it was unintentional, you won't get reported and temp banned.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users