TK appology...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Death187 #21 Posted May 10 2011 - 16:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD
There is a simple way to fix the TK problem all together. Reflective Damage. If you shoot an allie tank you take the dmg. Granted this may make people more bold and they will drive into your shots to get a kill but at least it will make people think before they shoot at someone.

One time, I was in my IS and a friendly light tank came flying around a corner, trying to escape a tiger, and drove right into me head on. I was too slow to get out of the way in time and when he rammed me he died lol. He then went on blaming me for his death and said he was going to report it as a TK. Needless to say I laughed so hard I was tearing up. And yes, I apologized even though it was far from my fault lol

Viper69 #22 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
First I would like to say its admirable that you feel guilt friend and I am sure if the person got hit by you they appreciate the gesture. In the heat of the moment peoples tempers get the best of them and an accident can soon turn into a war of ugliness.

Friendly fire happens, and it did happen. I remember watching a gun camera footage of a P47 firing at a 109. All of a sudden a friendly jump in between as the pilot was letting fly with a stream of rounds. A second later the intervening friendly was streaming fuel. I will give you two guesses who got reprimanded back at base and it was not the pilot firing the rounds.

In my opinion a tank engaged has a right of way to some extent, and cross his path at your peril. Not only are you blocking his LOS that he has you are also putting yourself at risk of an enemy shot.

Also I would like to add...

Please please if I am not dead, dont use me as cover. If I need to withdraw and cant because you got me blocked it is a bit frustrating. I hate people hugging my tank just to get their damage shot in.

Kristine #23 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles

View PostLightsout, on May 09 2011 - 02:45, said:

lol i think everyone has had a accidental TK once atleast,he probably left and played a diff tank and maybe didnt even realize he was TK'd,tell your gunner to get over it,if he dwell's on this it could effect his reaction time and get your crew killed :o

This made my day  :D

@OP: Accidental TK happens and its really admirable that you felt guilty about it.  :Smile_great:

Rags #24 Posted May 10 2011 - 21:53

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7248 battles
Today I happened to damage a tank by accident. "idiot" was quickly typed, I apologized but to no avail.  "fckr" and "stupid" soon followed.  I don't know what some people gain by insulting someone over game chat.  Had one guy yesterday TK in my TD yesterday.  He apologized and I just told him no worries.  Have some class, it doesn't take much.

Viper69 #25 Posted May 10 2011 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
I have to admit I called a kid an idiot when he peppered me with autocanon fire about 30 seconds out of the gate, he apologized and I apologized for name calling, we laughed it up. I felt bad because about 5 minutes later I pounded a friendly in the flank when he drove in between me and an enemy. A few matches later I was adjusting my mouse and blasted a friendly stug in the rear end with my 54mm zis cannon and knocked him down to 75%. I promptly apologized but heard no response. Accidents happen and really those should not be upsetting its the persistent TKing is what gets people agitated and flip out on the accidents.

Lougle #26 Posted May 11 2011 - 07:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles

View PostDANMCL65, on May 10 2011 - 16:49, said:

There is a simple way to fix the TK problem all together. Reflective Damage. If you shoot an allie tank you take the dmg. Granted this may make people more bold and they will drive into your shots to get a kill but at least it will make people think before they shoot at someone.

Not as simple as you might think.  If I wanted to grief you it would be pretty simple to follow you around and continue to drive in front of your gun.  I think the way it is now if fine,  friendly fire can happen and I'm OK with it.  It really is a small issue in the big picture.

DSA_Casandra #27 Posted May 11 2011 - 07:44

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 1164 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
for me I accidentally tked a few times...one thanks to a .42 accuracy on a pz3 on westfield, he decided to ram him as i fired. another time was in arty onthe same map, aimed for a kv, moved about 1 millimetre n the reticle expanded just as i fired and killed a friendly 5 metres from the kv...

I apolopgise if i hit a friendly but then there are some people who dont care...like an arty killing me ( in another arty) for no reason and then after hes killed the team smashes the enemy...180 exp for moving...FUN!

Brenladar #28 Posted May 11 2011 - 07:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 6059 battles
  • [11PZD] 11PZD
Have to agree in that accidents happen and sometimes you get the just as pull the trigger someone just drives right into it !! Or even as in my case you have someone elses round sail clear out of the aiming reticle and nailed me from behind leaving me with a whole ...1 point of life left ..man did he/she apologize but like  i said then ..hey accidents happen and besides was a damn nice shot !!
  Besides can do what i did and make sure the person gets a good laugh with a very obvious teasing about it AND the enemy team did get a laugh to when they found out when they asked " What idiot left you alive at 1% and didnt finish you off" was my own team mate and he/she felt even so comfortable due to the teasing to even fire back a good comeback at them for it ROFL !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users