My Little Pony Skin (and Mod) Depository

• Please log in to reply
5203 replies to this topic

THE_WUQKED #5181 Posted Apr 18 2014 - 08:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}Panzer_Brony_126, on Apr 18 2014 - 07:53, said:

Well I renamed the files for the KV-2 skin and it's on but doesn't look as good as it used to. Manged the same with the M4A3E8 Global Defense Initiative skin. They're on but they don't look quite right.

Hmm. I noticed everything to look a bit different. - Can you post a screen shot of what you mean?

{lang:macro__view_post}fisk, on Apr 18 2014 - 06:40, said:

Would I have to rename the crash.dds too?

Correct.

Lucky me I didn't touch the SM files so far with my skins, so no additional work for me. :)

RelicShadow #5182 Posted Apr 18 2014 - 16:06

Captain

• Players
  • 380 battles

I’ve updated my package to be compatible with 0.9.0.

Find it at the usual spot. [EU] [US]

I’ve also released the section of the patch script that renames the textures separately if you want to use just that.

You can find it at this link [textureRenamer].

Just drop it in your vehicles folder and double click. If such is not possible, at least open it with a text document. It will list all the vehicles for you. Happy F2, Ctrl+c pressing.

Take care.

hazard747 #5183 Posted Apr 18 2014 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4717 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW

{lang:macro__view_post}RelicShadow, on Apr 11 2014 - 06:17, said:

Version 10.13 can load the HD models fine, albeit it does not handle the new shader and such. But that's a minor concern.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/204990-wot-tank-viewer-version-1012/page__st__100__pid__6943881#entry6943881

Oddly, it seems to only be capable of loading most of the textures. T34 heavy, while it works in game, can't load texture in the new tankviewer, yet t14 (which I haven't yet renamed) and T1 heavy (which I HAVE renamed) loads fine.

This also seems to apply to the M6. However, there have also been some small visual updates to the M6 skin (via comparing it to the old one). Not skin-breaking, but will require edits to be made. (such changes include a moving of the identification "badge" on the front hull, a new pair of headlight textures which don't seem to be used yet, and more,smaller lines in the steel cable on the engine deck. The track skirt texture has also been "stretched," the first few inches of the old texture being cut off on the newer one, though the size of the track skirt remains unchanged and old textures will still work.)

Interestingly enough, looking through the res folder, the M6 dds files are not updated to the new file reading system. (i.e. they're still called m6.dds, m6_SM.dds, etc...)

Several tanks now also possess details on the bottom of the hull, which include minor updates to the models and seem to be separate textures from the standard DDS files. These are shared across several tanks. (T1 heavy, for example, shares its hull bottom with the m6a2e1, but not the m6, while the t29, t57 heavy, and t110E5 share theirs.) This is bad news for anyone who puts their signature on the hull bottom, unless you can  edit the .visual files to give a tank a specific hull bottom. HD tanks are unlikely to be affected by this (for now.)

EDIT: in the res/packages/vehicles_(nation)/ there is now a folder called "bottom." inside are the textures now used on many (not all, yet) tank bottoms. The bottom half of the texture is occupied by a scratched looking "base" while the top half contains various hatches and/or access panels. it should be noted: The only difference between nations is the color of the bottom hull.  (grey for germany, brown for US, etc...) The textures are otherwise an identical set of panels and plates. For nations with HD tanks, there is also a folder called "equipment" and one called "guns." I'm not sure the "equipment" texture does anything yet. It looks like it'll be for when things like track skirts and fuel tanks can be knocked off. I could be wrong though, as I haven't really started looking at HD skins yet.

Edited by hazard747, Apr 18 2014 - 23:11.

A_Shiny_Pidgey #5184 Posted Apr 18 2014 - 19:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19892 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE
Spoiler

Raindrops #5185 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 01:43

Captain

• Players
  • 7893 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

Well, this is just weird how everything was redone. Most had the _AM name change, but some didn't. Some changd names in other ways - IS-6 > IS_6. And the "HD" Centurion, despite killing the tank viewer, seems to be exactly the same skin as before. Pain in the [edited]for me, and what's the result in-game? Pale Americans and crappy FPS. My vote for worst patch.

Also, who wants to bet those without renames yet get renamed next patch, requiring another wave of fixes?

Still, re-uploading stuff now - there are some tweaks in a few most of the tanks, and renames to fit with the new system. Couple new ones as well - or they may be new. Not sure. Anyways, here's a few packs refit for 9.0.

Zodiac Ponies (Churchill GC, Churchill I - FV215b, Covenanter - FV4202) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/js88yjmn9jcojk7/Zodiac_PonyPlus.zip

Zodiac (pony-free) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/sld9nicpbj8cdev/British_Zodiac.zip

FO:E (Matilda, Valentine, Valentine II) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zqce9iexca5i9lo/FOE.zip

Assorted Ponies: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qvg0o2b8zkb3i2b/9.0_Ponies.zip (Cadance KV, Babs IS-6, Octavia MT-25/VK 28.01, Derpy KV-2, Applejack M3, Roseluck Pershing, Celestia M60, RD and Sparkler AMX13s, Lorraine 40t Fleur de Lis, Discord S25CA)

Non-Cannon/OC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/khmc6c743ksk5gr/OCs.zip (Ram II "Maple" Cromwell "Snowy" SU100M1 "Amrosa Sweet" IS-6 "Heart Mender")

Some changeling and NLR ones coming once I get them packed. Taking a look at making a new Churchill III, and the NLR heavies have a couple variants each to pack.

Edited by Raindrops, Apr 19 2014 - 03:59.

Panzer_Brony_126 #5186 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 02:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 3631 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

Can't get a picture up but I can tell you that for both the shading isn't right and on the KV-2, the blue woodland camouflage pattern doesn't show up.

ripred94 #5187 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 05:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15258 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA
WELP FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUACK
I just uninstalled world of tanks to redownload it to fix some file errors....
TOTALLY FORGOT TO SAVE MY MODS FOLDER in a separate folder.....
all my skins are gone including the custom ones you have all made for me...
First things first
HEADOFSTATE....
PLEASE...PLEASE RELINK ME my tavi 59 skin!!!!!

ASIDE FROM THAT.... I have no idea if the skins themselves are broken or not seeing as I haven't even loaded the game yet with mods...... and now I need to download and install it.

Edited by ripred94, Apr 19 2014 - 05:23.

TheRonmasteh #5188 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 06:12

Major

• Players
  • 28449 battles
  • [CAZA] CAZA
I know that feeling ripred. I perfectly know that feeling...

Never backed up my tank skins, as they were unnecesary. Just slapped the white tanks with them and let's roll.

Now, that mod causes an awful glitch, and the whole vehicles folder is 'infected' with the white tank buggy mod. Need to redownload all skins...

ripred94 #5189 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 06:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15258 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

{lang:macro__view_post}TheRonmasteh, on Apr 18 2014 - 22:12, said:

I know that feeling ripred. I perfectly know that feeling...

Never backed up my tank skins, as they were unnecesary. Just slapped the white tanks with them and let's roll.

Now, that mod causes an awful glitch, and the whole vehicles folder is 'infected' with the white tank buggy mod. Need to redownload all skins...

right... problem is, many of my skins are not IN that downloadable mods folder.... as many of them are custom requests.

TheRonmasteh #5190 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 06:28

Major

• Players
  • 28449 battles
  • [CAZA] CAZA

{lang:macro__view_post}ripred94, on Apr 19 2014 - 05:23, said:

right... problem is, many of my skins are not IN that downloadable mods folder.... as many of them are custom requests.

Ouch...   sorry about that rr. Hope you manage to recover them all...   

hazard747 #5191 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 06:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4717 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW

First update for my tank skins!

I hereby present the new and improved Steel Ranger paladin M6.

Several changes were made to the hull texture in this patch, and the current skin I had was, while functional, no longer suitable due to said changes.

First up: Old track skirt for comparison:

And now new:

There are now more details and the skirt as a whole is less "messy." I vastly prefer the new version.

Some other very minor things have been changed, but the skin as a whole remains almost identical to the pre-patch version.

It should be noted that, while not pictured, the Applejack's Rangers alternate skin has also been updated. Just imagine everything that's whitish to be a darkish red instead. Well, and the different faction symbol.

The download can be found at the same location as the previous iteration of the skin.

Also, just experimenting with the KV2 GMM file...

In other news, several of my other tank skins have been updated (T34 heavy, LTP, KV-1 T1 heavy, T-28.) but I have yet to upload them.

{lang:macro__view_post}Panzer_Brony_126, on Apr 18 2014 - 18:50, said:

Can't get a picture up but I can tell you that for both the shading isn't right and on the KV-2, the blue woodland camouflage pattern doesn't show up.

I've tinkered with that KV-2 skin and managed to get it looking relatively similar to pre-patch. Screenshot will be up tomorrow. Also, it would appear (through digging through the game files) that the IS and the Churchill I are the next two tanks set to get the HD treatment.

Raindrops #5192 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 07:02

Captain

• Players
  • 7893 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

By the way, since I can't seem to leave well enough alone, I also patched the nation decals - and added to them. Now with the Bundecross/Kuomintang and Japanese support. Kinda ran with that eyepatch all griffons seem to sport for Japan.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8e8lt60r7nqre8l

Oh, and Relic? Downloaded the 'core' files from Nexus to look at some things... Looks like the included ranks are an old version. France uses the moon, China and Japan Twi's mark, and UK uses the sun.

Edited by Raindrops, Apr 19 2014 - 07:13.

A_Shiny_Pidgey #5193 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 08:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19892 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE

{lang:macro__view_post}ripred94, on Apr 18 2014 - 22:22, said:

WELP FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUACK
I just uninstalled world of tanks to redownload it to fix some file errors....
TOTALLY FORGOT TO SAVE MY MODS FOLDER in a separate folder.....
all my skins are gone including the custom ones you have all made for me...
First things first
HEADOFSTATE....
PLEASE...PLEASE RELINK ME my tavi 59 skin!!!!!

ASIDE FROM THAT.... I have no idea if the skins themselves are broken or not seeing as I haven't even loaded the game yet with mods...... and now I need to download and install it.

Ask and ye shall receive http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4a2rvt4r7bf8id/Type59.dds

I have no idea if 9,0 has changed it anyway, P.S. everybody should pm The_Jimmy_Rustler (aka Guinn16) and tell him to give me enough gold to change my name back

Acidwir_3 #5194 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 11:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 1348 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

Well, new patch time, and that means fixing up my mod files again...

As much as I'm DESPERATE to get my hands on the new Pz. IV's and the new-looking game in general, I'm holding off until the new MLP-Overhaul swings around.

I shudder at the thought of having to play with human crew members and dull tanks (Not that I MIND it too much, I just miss that kind of feel...)

With the new things 9.0's brought (and the fact we have to do some major shiznit) I was just wondering:

A) Maybe considering we've done faction overhauls for crew and insignia, why not the tanks themselves? It'd be nice seeing a whole nation's tanks reskinned to their respective MLP faction, not to mention it would really make Historical Battles awesome (you know, NLR vs Changeling Swarm?) I know this would take an eternity to do, but if this can happen in my lifespan, I will die a happy pony.

B) With the new gloss maps, I'm just wondering, maybe we could take some current skins and chrome plate them where appropriate (Dependent on character/faction, etc. Discord/Crystal Empire)? You know, not too overly shiny for the sake of my computer's dinky little graphics card, but make it so that it'll really bring out the mood for the skin.

Oh, and happy Easter guys! Hope you enjoy your unrealistically large and unhealthy amounts of chocolate (Sweet Celestia am I going to need to hit the gym after this)

~Acid

Raindrops #5195 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 7893 battles
  • [EDF] EDF
Crew were uneffected by this patch, so you shouldn't have to worry about any pesky humans taking over your vehicles. And as for faction skin overhaul, Fr0stb0lt was working with it - had most of the NLR and the Swarm done - but it just takes frikkin' forever to do that many tanks - especially when they keep changing them and adding new ones.

hazard747 #5196 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 23:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4717 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW

Okay, promised screenies of tinkered with KV2:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, it seems with tanks that have switched over to the GMM shaders, they may never look exactly the same again, but close approximations are possible.

Also, updated the T-28 "Gummy's Tub" skin.

Old:

New:

It has been updated for 9.0 shaders, but is otherwise identical. (the scale effect is visible even in the shade now, but only shines in the light. As I said, close approximations.)  Updated version here.

The Steel rangers T1 heavy has also been updated. The skin is identical, but updated for 9.0 (which unfortunately removed a small detail on the shader map.)

Edit: T34 updated (including track retexture. Curse you WG.) This also includes several small texture changes. Most of these are simply to "complete" the feel of the tank. (i.e. miscellaneous pieces that had retained their 'stock' textures. Tools and tarps are not included in these changes)

Spoiler

Updated T34 skin can be found here.

My rampage KV1 has also been updated (including scripts.) These scrips also seem to negate the new "bottom" for the kv1, so I'm guessing we should be looking in the hull.visual to find where the tank chooses what bottom to use.

Edited by hazard747, Apr 20 2014 - 06:14.

hazard747 #5197 Posted Apr 20 2014 - 20:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4717 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW

Updated Tanks:

LTP Changeling Swarmer.  Shaders (including for alternate skin) are more visible now, but not glaringly bright.

IS-4 ponified Talic: unaffected by update. DL link has not changed.

Duskbreaker: in progress. Updated scripts are needed. Unknown how new shaders will affect. Updated for 9.0. Twilight's Cutie mark now sparkles (particularly in the garage), and the orange trim lines shine (but not sparkle) in the light. (via GMM)  DL

"Solar Flare" M60: unaffected by update. DL unchanged. HOWEVER: planned update along the lines of the same treatment the T34 got. (i.e. "complete" the feel of the skin.)

Murky's Hope T71: unaffected, although shaders now make the turret even brighter than before, though the brightness is now in small pinpricks as opposed to a "glow"

T-50 Lunar Racer: Updated for 9.0. Box on back of tank now has increased shine. May require update in future when tank is converted to new shaders. Oddly, I can't find the original link for this one. New one here.

Lunar Republic T-46: unaffected by update.

Ripred: Redheart's 21 CCs has been updated for 9.0. One thing which concerns me, however, is the shading on the "bed" in the crew compartment. Since I don't have a GW myself, the changes made may cause issues.

Wonderbolts A-20: Conversion required. I shall also take the opportunity to add a crashed version of the skin.

Steelhooves M6A2E1: Unaffected by update. However, planned update to track skirts in future.

Derpy T18: update required.

Stern T28 Prototype: unaffected

Protege T28: unaffected.

Red Eye T95: update required.

Littlepip T32: update technically required, but functional with included scripts.

Flufflepuff MT-25: unaffected.

Derpy "DSH AMX:" status unknown. haven't yet brought skin files into 9.0 What I DO know is that the stock ELC has been updated to 9.0 shaders.

Currently, I'm working on a new skin for the Pz. Sfl. IVc. Things...aren't progressing as quickly as I'd hoped. (Simple exterior, not so simple interior) If all goes well, It'll be up within the next few days, after which I will turn my attention to the few tanks that still need an update, the M60 and the  A-20, in that order.

Edited by hazard747, Yesterday, 05:38 AM.

ripred94 #5198 Posted Yesterday, 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15258 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

http://forum.worldof...-clans/#topmost

COMBAT THE NEGS.......

ALSO this is a warning to all brony clans.

stillstartrekn_PinkiePie #5199 Posted Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2581 battles
It's kinda sad that the maturity level of the human race is of a 12 year old having a tantrum

ripred94 #5200 Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15258 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

{lang:macro__view_post}stillstartrekn_PinkiePie, on Apr 22 2014 - 10:15, said:

It's kinda sad that the maturity level of the human race is of a 12 year old having a tantrum

yeah unfortunately....... [edited]hell.... fell like letting the world burn right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users