• Please log in to reply
5434 replies to this topic

hazard747 #5421 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 07:05

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5982 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW

View Poststillstartrekn_PinkiePie, on Oct 02 2014 - 09:36, said:

What's the directory you have your HD tanks in?

Edit: figured it out. The sport chaffee defaults to using the standard chaffee's textures, so having them in the (theoretically) correct named folder of A34_Chaffee_Sport doesn't do anything.

Edited by hazard747, Oct 05 2014 - 05:23.

stillstartrekn_PinkiePie #5422 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 14:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2581 battles

exactly the same as the normal skins

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.3\vehicles\german\G42_Maus

RandomManiac #5423 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 05:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 8099 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

Hey guys, I updated my package of MLP clan icons for XVM.

2 Clans Removed, 1 Clan Added

MLP Clans - NA (55 + 2 Removed)

As always, please forgive me and let me know if I missed any clans.

Here is the download link --->   MLP Clan Icons for XVM (NA Server 9.3)

Anyways have fun tanking and I'll see you in battle.

Panzer_Brony_126 #5424 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 06:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 5669 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

Anyone know of any mlp skins for the Leo I by any chance? Just got mine and I'd like to give it a fun look.

Hammerhead08 #5425 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 06:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 13548 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

View PostPanzer_Brony_126, on Oct 07 2014 - 06:18, said:

Anyone know of any mlp skins for the Leo I by any chance? Just got mine and I'd like to give it a fun look. 

The TWI skin is updated for the leo. Unless you don't want to use that skin.

GrandTheftYoshi #5426 Posted Oct 20 2014 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 8288 battles
  • [KNG_H] KNG_H
I find it odd that this board and the Overhaul Package board have suddenly dried up. Been checking back over few days or so to find that no one has anything new for the past two weeks or so.

A_Shiny_Pidgey #5427 Posted Oct 21 2014 - 14:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20791 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE

I think it's because most of the moders of old have stopped playing this game and theres been a lack of new ones in the last year or so to step up and take over. 

From a personal perspective I think HD models made it even worse because now you have to deal with upwards of 8 dds files for one skin. I stopped because I was basically just doing the same pattern over and over again with different colours and vectors and WG constantly breaks every skin every patch making it a huge pain in the [edited]to go back and update it all the time. It also takes a lot of time and effort to make them, becoming a labour of love where if you don't have time to devote to it, it often gets superseded. Just my insight after making who knows how many skins -HeadofState 

Spoiler

THE_WUQKED #5428 Posted Oct 21 2014 - 15:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles

Actually I am currently playing more WoT, which means less time for skinning.

And like A_Shiny_Pidgey/HeadofState already said: The HD models make the needed time worse. At the moment I am waiting for my skins to be converted to HD. The SU-100 is already updated.

IF I have time I want to make an HD version of the roseluck kv1-s (didn't check the original author yet. If he/she wants to redo it, that would be very nice :) ).

Courtland #5429 Posted Oct 23 2014 - 08:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 7246 battles

Hello, I hope this thread is still active. I am from the South East Asian Server, and a former player of this server. Could somebody please help me edit my United Nations Centurion 7/1 skin? I already have an HD version of it, and I just want to do some minor edits and such. Like changing one of the inscriptions from "Hill Hunter" to "Defenders of Harmony" and such as well as a few changes in the gun color. I would gladly give the link to the UN Centurion skin which a friend of mine made for me here for others to be able to use it as well. I just want minor edits.  If there is anyone capable, please reply to this post. I would be checking in from time to time, more details as well as the link to the HD model would be given when there is a reply. 

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Courtland (Flying_Endeavor)

Yozozo #5430 Posted Yesterday, 06:53 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14736 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

View PostA_Shiny_Pidgey, on Oct 21 2014 - 07:22, said:

I think it's because most of the moders of old have stopped playing this game and theres been a lack of new ones in the last year or so to step up and take over. 

From a personal perspective I think HD models made it even worse because now you have to deal with upwards of 8 dds files for one skin. I stopped because I was basically just doing the same pattern over and over again with different colours and vectors and WG constantly breaks every skin every patch making it a huge pain in the [edited]to go back and update it all the time. It also takes a lot of time and effort to make them, becoming a labour of love where if you don't have time to devote to it, it often gets superseded. Just my insight after making who knows how many skins -HeadofState 

Spoiler

We're also between seasons of the show, which means it's typically pretty dry of new skins, and the brony community as a whole kinda relaxes and slows down at this point.

And yea, HD models :/

Hell, I've not made a skin in over a year myself ;p

Also, they may not be posting because this new ui for posting is garbage, and doesn't post what you type -.- (your browser's mileage may vary)

Edited by Yozozo, Yesterday, 06:54 AM.

Fr0stb0lt #5431 Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11962 battles
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW
I'm still around, i just haven't made anything in awhile.

Courtland #5432 Posted Today, 07:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7246 battles

View PostFr0stb0lt, on Oct 25 2014 - 02:04, said:

I'm still around, i just haven't made anything in awhile.

Hello there, do you you could edit an HD skin for my United nations Centurion 7/1? To make it more... Equestrian like. Just minor editing on some inscriptions as well as gun colors..? I would gladly give you the link to the skin download if you could... 

(I would be routinely checking in on this Server Forums from time to time.)

RandomManiac #5433 Posted Today, 09:44 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8099 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View PostCourtland, on Oct 23 2014 - 03:11, said:

Hello, I hope this thread is still active. I am from the South East Asian Server, and a former player of this server. Could somebody please help me edit my United Nations Centurion 7/1 skin? I already have an HD version of it, and I just want to do some minor edits and such. Like changing one of the inscriptions from "Hill Hunter" to "Defenders of Harmony" and such as well as a few changes in the gun color. I would gladly give the link to the UN Centurion skin which a friend of mine made for me here for others to be able to use it as well. I just want minor edits.  If there is anyone capable, please reply to this post. I would be checking in from time to time, more details as well as the link to the HD model would be given when there is a reply. 

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Courtland (Flying_Endeavor)

Hmmm, I haven't been on this forum for a while (since WG messed up some of my skins again argh)

Anyways, I've downloaded the skin file you had posted earlier (it looks awesome btw) and the only thing stopping me from working on it (other than multiple assignments for my college) is the lack of a working Tank Viewer... I can't seem to get the new one to work.  Since I haven't messed around with the HD files before, the tank viewer is essential to me >.<  (also, I don't have a Cent 7/1 so I can't use the client to check the edits)

So if somepony could please link me to a WORKING tank viewer download, I should be able to edit the skin.

Courtland #5434 Posted Today, 11:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7246 battles

View PostRandomManiac, on Oct 25 2014 - 17:44, said:

Hmmm, I haven't been on this forum for a while (since WG messed up some of my skins again argh)

Anyways, I've downloaded the skin file you had posted earlier (it looks awesome btw) and the only thing stopping me from working on it (other than multiple assignments for my college) is the lack of a working Tank Viewer... I can't seem to get the new one to work.  Since I haven't messed around with the HD files before, the tank viewer is essential to me >.<  (also, I don't have a Cent 7/1 so I can't use the client to check the edits)

So if somepony could please link me to a WORKING tank viewer download, I should be able to edit the skin.

Welcome back to the forums. :3 Honestly, I have not posted anything here nor played a game in the NA server for like more than 2 years. xD LOL But I am active in the SEA server. :3 I have come a long way for this skin, haven't I..  xD 

And yay! :D It just takes some time for the game to load whenever you select that tank in your garage.  ^^" If you would get it. :3 And yeah, we are all plagued by real life stuff, but I am sure you could manage :D And a tank viewer? ^^" I kinda.. umm... am clueless to those things.. :( Perhaps I could ask around in the SEA server if they know any good programs.. but it could be a long shot or an impossibility.. and  plus it would take time cause the SEA Server has a stunning lack of Skin modelers... :( I just got lucky to find one and it took me a few months just to find one.. Dx I just want to make this tank more... Equestrian. Like changing some of the markings and such... "Defenders of Harmony", doesn't that have a nice impact into it..  xD :3 

I wish you all the best. ^^ 

RandomManiac #5435 Posted Today, 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8099 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View PostCourtland, on Oct 25 2014 - 06:33, said:

Welcome back to the forums. :3 Honestly, I have not posted anything here nor played a game in the NA server for like more than 2 years. xD LOL But I am active in the SEA server. :3 I have come a long way for this skin, haven't I..  xD 

And yay! :D It just takes some time for the game to load whenever you select that tank in your garage.  ^^" If you would get it. :3 And yeah, we are all plagued by real life stuff, but I am sure you could manage :D And a tank viewer? ^^" I kinda.. umm... am clueless to those things.. :( Perhaps I could ask around in the SEA server if they know any good programs.. but it could be a long shot or an impossibility.. and  plus it would take time cause the SEA Server has a stunning lack of Skin modelers... :( I just got lucky to find one and it took me a few months just to find one.. Dx I just want to make this tank more... Equestrian. Like changing some of the markings and such... "Defenders of Harmony", doesn't that have a nice impact into it..  xD :3 

I wish you all the best. ^^ 

Alright, don't worry about finding a Tank Viewer... it was my antivirus being paranoid and removed a bunch of the files needed to run it    >.< 

I've got it working and can now see the skin, feel free to pm me any of your other ideas/requests for edits (the "Hill Hunter" to "Defenders of Harmony" change will be simple once I find the font) and I'll get to it when I can 

Cheers \)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users