5492 replies to this topic

ripred94 #5481 Posted Apr 05 2015 - 20:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20434 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View PostA_Shiny_Pidgey, on Oct 21 2014 - 05:22, said:

Spoiler

HEY! .... can't believe it took me this long to notice that.....

hazard747 #5482 Posted Apr 07 2015 - 23:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

View Posthazard747, on Mar 05 2015 - 18:10, said:

Next up... a heavy metal pony...

My next project has hit a bit of a snag, sadly, and it may end up that I cannot complete it to a satisfactory condition.

You'll see why below...

Spoiler

In the meantime, I'll be looking at other tanks to skin, especially with the new wave of pony content from season 5. (russian Starlight tank, anyone?)

Edited by hazard747, Apr 08 2015 - 00:05.

ripred94 #5483 Posted Apr 26 2015 - 03:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20434 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View Posthazard747, on Jul 23 2014 - 18:36, said:

And now, for everyone's favorite classical pony, the master cellist, Octavia.

Drawing from some of the same design cues as "Redheart's 21ccs," Octavia's "Acciaccatura" (from the italian word for crushing... no I don't know how to say it) is sure to strike fear (or some other feelings... wink wink) into the hearts of your foes.

Spoiler

Fun fact: the octavia on the sides of the superstructure was custom modified (via combining two separate vectors) specifically for this tank, and doesn't exist anywhere else.

You can download Octavia in all her glory here.

This will be the LAST octavia OR vinyl scratch skin from me for a long time. They've been flooding the forum lately.*

*AHEM*
ohhhh hazard..... I wouoldn't by chance be able to convince you to convert this to a usable form again would I?
that's stupid HD remodel ruined my pretty tank....

GrandTheftYoshi #5484 Posted May 12 2015 - 20:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 13536 battles
  • [-RAM-] -RAM-
So I have a question: Has anyone ever tried to make a Phoenix Wright model? I know it seems off-topic, but I remember having the KV-5 with Phoenix Wright pictures on the turret of it through the old MLP MegaMod Pack, but I never found anything else that really gave us some kickass skins with the legendary attorney.

Anyone know where I could find someone who is skilled at making models for tanks that might be able to do something of that caliber? I have a great idea for a skin but I don't have the technical know-how of modding skins to do it myself, nor do I actually know anyone in the WoT community that is willing to take on the project (except hopefully here). Ponies would be welcome on it as well, but my vision is much more focused on the PW idea, so that would be a sidenote more than an actual necessity.

Btw: Loving the RHM skin. It just makes me even happier to run the derp gun on it.

hazard747 #5485 Posted Jun 06 2015 - 06:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

View Postripred94, on Apr 25 2015 - 18:19, said:

*AHEM*
ohhhh hazard..... I wouoldn't by chance be able to convince you to convert this to a usable form again would I?

Heyy, I'll try to get started on it over the weekend. I've never delved much into HD tanks, but from what I understand, only the tracks are unnecessarily complicated. 

In other news, I've been dabbling a little in skinning some boats. the skin setup for WoWs is a little more complicated (main hull and such are separate from things like guns, torpedoes, rangefinders, etc...) but I've been able to produce a few mild skin mods so far.

For example, a Celestia themed St. Louis:

Spoiler

On a side note, my T34 Heavy skin is currently slightly broken. Something to do with the shaders means that on snowy or ashy maps, the snow/ash effect is laid on top of the tank, but position-locked to the ground. (meaning the texture moves across the tank when you drive). This is both interesting and unintentional. In the near future, I'm considering a full overhaul, or at least an update to the "new" shaders. (it's using old ones right now to avoid the new "bottom" bit that WG decided every tank needed.)

Edited by hazard747, Jun 06 2015 - 06:05.

hazard747 #5486 Posted Jun 08 2015 - 04:20

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

View Postripred94, on Apr 25 2015 - 18:19, said:

*AHEM*

Okay, one bit of bad news and two bits of good news.  The good news is I've started work on remaking the HD JgPz E-100, but the bad news is that i'm not done yet and probably won't be for another day. The other bit of good news is that looking over the HD tank skin has shown me that the bottoms of HD tanks are once again tank-specific, not built using a generic texture and scripts. (as the non HD tanks are) so once the T34 heavy goes HD, I won't have to worry about those silly things. In light of that, I'll soon be updating the download to use "current" shaders, thus avoiding the hassle of the past.

ripred94 #5487 Posted Jun 08 2015 - 19:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20434 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View Posthazard747, on Jun 07 2015 - 19:20, said:

Okay, one bit of bad news and two bits of good news.  The good news is I've started work on remaking the HD JgPz E-100, but the bad news is that i'm not done yet and probably won't be for another day. The other bit of good news is that looking over the HD tank skin has shown me that the bottoms of HD tanks are once again tank-specific, not built using a generic texture and scripts. (as the non HD tanks are) so once the T34 heavy goes HD, I won't have to worry about those silly things. In light of that, I'll soon be updating the download to use "current" shaders, thus avoiding the hassle of the past.

that is awesome!

I don't see waiting a few days to be a negative at all, seeing as its been broken for 3 patches

thanks hazard /)

the real problem is going to be getting my tavi type 59 redone when it goes HD .... cause I think the guy who did that one no longer plays

hazard747 #5488 Posted Jun 11 2015 - 00:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

Okay, ripred, status update. I've finally figured out how to get the tankviewer working again (WG fooled with the package structure, meaning it couldn't find the tanks), and this has unfortunately led to finding some discrepancies in texture wrapping that the HD jg E-100 has. They are solvable, but they'll take some trial and error (thankfully a lot less time-intensive now than it would've been had I not gotten the viewer working).

Spoiler

Example (note the split in the center):

Spoiler

Edit, oh, and a funny story for everyone. The T34 is kinda "HD" already...it's just that WG kept the texture exactly the same and shrunk the SD to half-size. they seem to have done this for a lot of tanks. I'm sure we'll see an actual HD model eventually.

Edited by hazard747, Jun 11 2015 - 00:43.

hazard747 #5489 Posted Jun 12 2015 - 02:29

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

Okay, Ripred. One fresh-baked HD tank, comin' atcha.

Tavi's JgPz E-100 has been totally re-made from the ground up.

Spoiler

There are a few tiny tweaks, but she's all in all just a shinier version of the tank you knew.

download available here.

On a side note, I have confirmation that several of my other tank skins are defunct. (basically any tank that has recently gone full HD). This includes the Littlepip t32, Red Eye t95, and Twilight Sparkle's "Duskbreaker" M48 Patton. For Rampage's KV-1, the _AM suffix needs to be re-added to the .dds files, and the chassis shader is screwy, but otherwise it's working fine.  Deadshot Calamity's T69 has a significant shader issue. (the tank looks like it's wrapped in a dark colored silk.), but that should be an easy enough fix. FIXED: just remove the _AM Once I get all of them sorted out, Murky's T71 is first on the list for a re-working of the hull texture.

Edited by hazard747, Jun 12 2015 - 16:40.

ripred94 #5490 Posted Jun 12 2015 - 18:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20434 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA

View Posthazard747, on Jun 11 2015 - 17:29, said:

Okay, Ripred. One fresh-baked HD tank, comin' atcha.

Tavi's JgPz E-100 has been totally re-made from the ground up.

Spoiler

There are a few tiny tweaks, but she's all in all just a shinier version of the tank you knew.

download available here.

On a side note, I have confirmation that several of my other tank skins are defunct. (basically any tank that has recently gone full HD). This includes the Littlepip t32, Red Eye t95, and Twilight Sparkle's "Duskbreaker" M48 Patton. For Rampage's KV-1, the _AM suffix needs to be re-added to the .dds files, and the chassis shader is screwy, but otherwise it's working fine.  Deadshot Calamity's T69 has a significant shader issue. (the tank looks like it's wrapped in a dark colored silk.), but that should be an easy enough fix. FIXED: just remove the _AM Once I get all of them sorted out, Murky's T71 is first on the list for a re-working of the hull texture.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
MUM GET THE CAMERA!
ITS HAPPENING
ITS HERE
OH,... OH MY GOD,... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lol thanks hazard!
10/10 BEST SKINS EVER.

hazard747 #5491 Posted Jun 14 2015 - 22:50

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6748 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD

Progress update for the littlepip t32: Basic detailwork is 90% done. minute details haven't been started yet. Work's been pretty crazy lately so I haven't had as much time to work on them as I'd hoped.

Spoiler

Cold_Llama #5492 Posted Jun 15 2015 - 06:34

Captain

• Players
  • 16405 battles
  • [PSYC0] PSYC0
so that new episode came out today. pretty rad

A_Shiny_Pidgey #5493 Posted Jun 19 2015 - 01:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21714 battles
  • [BT] BT