Tiger I Frustrating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

FlightcranK #1 Posted Jul 31 2010 - 04:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12231 battles
Max it, be on the move, then you can have fun with it.

Narfi #2 Posted Jul 31 2010 - 05:58

Corporal

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tiger is just horrible when it comes to subsystem dmg. Not only against HE.

The Tank would be fine, but as soon as something is shooting u, u can expect to lose a very important module in the first 1-3 shoots (ammo rack in 90% of the games), and this is what makes this tank so horrible to play.

For me the only way to have fun with the tiger, means to not get hit at all cuz otherwise ur game is ruined pretty fast.
And that just doesnt feel right for a goddamn tiger.

Credit gain is usually fine with prem account, without it it can result in alot of lost creds when ur unlucky.

SovereignT #3 Posted Jul 31 2010 - 06:00

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7 battles
One thing that is painfully made clear is that the ammo rack problem for it makes it an evermore hindrance..

Perhaps if you ration your ammo stores per each battle it makes it less susceptible to being turned into a raging inferno that will easily grow out of control without the experienced crew? Just a theory not sure if it holds true in game.. :)

Trebs #4 Posted Jul 31 2010 - 18:05

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostApos, on Jul 31 2010 - 17:32, said:

Thats right. The subsystem damage rate is horrible. It's just wrong when bounced shell does damage engine or turret.

I do damage with my 128mm Cannon if my shots bounce off lol

Shot a Pz 5 1 Time and it bounced off but i did 60% Damage :P

Sartori86 #5 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 19:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
When I got my Tiger I was horribly disappointed at first with stuff everyone else mentioned in multiple topics already, so I don't think I need to repeat that. The problem I see now, is not the tank itself, but the balance.

Thing is, I often find myself to be the heaviest vehicle in my team, while I can see a tier VIII heavy tank/td in the other team. Without being upgraded to the fullest, or at least heaving the best gun for Tiger possible, there is no way I can stand a chance and if I'm the heaviest thing in my team that game I may as well state, that the game has been already lost. I've once been in a game where KT literally nuked 3 tigers, including my own, because only one has been upgraded to the fullest.

My conclusion is, that it is either the fault of a gap between tier VII and tier VIII (from what I hear that is pretty probable), or it's the game making mechanism that is at fault allowing such situations. The problem can be solved in three ways then, by either boosting tier VII vehicles, nerfing tier VIII, or improving game balance and not allow tier VIII vs tier VII situations.

Sakuzhi #6 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 20:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
Alright I need to dispell a rumor here and now.

Rationing your Ammo does NOTHING, not a thing, that's right in the 56 Games I've played with a Reduced Ammo Rack. I still lost my Ammo Rack in about 48 of them, the other 8, 6 of them I wasn't actually shot at. The Two others well... I got lucky, managed to die without subsystem loss.

Generally speaking the Tiger needs help, it's not a TierVII vs Tier VIII thing, it's a Tiger just sucks thing.

To further explain, The IS is the Russian Tier VII Vehicle, and is also one of the Best Heavy tanks in the game, now lets Compared.

IS is Faster, (34 to 30).
IS is better Armored (it's Thicker and Sloped)
IS is More...Manveurable
IS doesn't suffer freak Subsystem damages the Tiger Does.
The Guns...are roughly equal, the Tiger fires more often (if memory serves) but the IS hits harder.

In Short, Tiger Loses, in fact as a Tiger driver you have to worry about engaging Tier VI on grounds of losing subsystems, so even that Vk3601H you should be able to walk over, isn't a sure bet.

That, then add in that the Tiger is often stacked -against-, This however is currently being looked at by the Devs. See Patch notes .5x.

All and all, even fully upgraded...the Tiger is mostly a joke.

List of Suggestions to assist said Tank.

Make it faster>Real tigers went 38 to 40 kmph, that's right it's as fast as a Medium tank. In fact, the current Best engine for the Tiger can do this, all that is required is to change the Max speed of the Tank.
Change the Front Turret armor>Change it to 120mm. Could also consider for High quality construction that the armor all around the tank was equal to british steel that was 12mm thicker than the Tank (I.e. 80mm=92mm British Steel)
Change the turning rate of the Tank>Allow it to spin in place much like a TD, for room issues (not to mention the Tiger could actually do this, scary eh?)
Fix the Crazy Penetration Bug>That's right, there is a Penetration bug in the system...mainly concerning when you fire at a Tank with 1/3 or less armor to Armor Penetration. Also, the First 88's Armor penetration isn't actually correct. See the Penetration Suggestion for details.

And the most IMPORTANT change>Fix the insane amount of Subsystem damage you receive. Without the Wet-ammo rack, the Tiger's Ammo rack gets knocked out 19 of 20 Games, whereas for everyone else it isn't -nearly- that high.

All in all, make the Tiger at least have a -chance- against an IS, currently the only way for a Tiger to Beat an IS is if the IS driver is stupid/extremely poor driver.

ramp4ge #7 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 20:22

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles
The above is 100% accurate.

Tiger is a joke.

KT is amazing, tho, and is my favorite tank in the game. I see no point in leveling past KT anymore.

But when we're looking at IS vs Tigers, the KT is the same way. A KT cannot, cannot, cannot beat an IS-3 in a head to head fight.

Vendettar #8 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 20:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I,ve been playing the Tiger for two days now and at first i must say: I love it!

And now comes the BIG "BUT"
But it is a bad joke to have its tank ruptured, track damaged and gun destroyed be a 5cm HE-shell to the front.
If i engage an enemy half of the fighttime i cant do anything because, my turret´s locked or my gun doesnt work.

If this is meant to bee and was made with intention and ins´nt going to change i am very disaponited.

Pls fix this soon!

Ivin #9 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 21:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22505 battles

View PostVendettar, on Aug 04 2010 - 20:47, said:

I,ve been playing the Tiger for two days now and at first i must say: I love it!

And now comes the BIG "BUT"
But it is a bad joke to have its tank ruptured, track damaged and gun destroyed be a 5cm HE-shell to the front.
If i engage an enemy half of the fighttime i cant do anything because, my turret´s locked or my gun doesnt work.

If this is meant to bee and was made with intention and ins´nt going to change i am very disaponited.

Pls fix this soon!

i think its a funny joke too.  i think the devs make it this way so they could pick on 90% of the people playing this game  :lol:

I have been in games with 9 Tigers and Tiger II in the battle.  EVERYONE in this game either has one or is going for one, except me  B)

long live the IS-3!  :Smile-playing:

/sarcasmoff

Sakuzhi #10 Posted Aug 04 2010 - 21:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
Given the Sheer numbers of KVs lurking around lately, it's very clear that the Player base has noticed that the Russian Heavy line is in fact much better than the German one.

....Hell...half the reason I played the game in the first place was for the bloody Tiger, which if this tank isn't fixed to have a Chance against over Tier7s... well, I foresee many peoples quitting on grounds of the Joke the Devs made of the Tiger.

Keep in mind, From the Tiger to the Maus, EVERY Tier the Russian Heavy Tanks are better, every....single one.

The biggest problem with this, is unlike Light, Medium Tanks, SPGS and TDs...Heavy's in the end are called upon to deal with the Enemy Heavies which is why it is extremely important that the Same Tier Heavies are balanced Against each other.

Schneider #11 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 11:36

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Again .
They made a big mistake by making the Tiger so "Weak"
If they wanted it realistic that let the Tiger cost 3 miljon and give it a huge power upgrade .
Every and i mean every German enemy tank crew was not enthousiastic when they heard they where facing Tigers (Yes even when the had the IS  and NOT the IS -7)

:Smile_honoring:

giveit #12 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 12:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2635 battles
Well i notice that tiger still does an ok job most of the time

BigBadVuk #13 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 12:17

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 1005 battles
Tiger`s main problem in this game is that most players expect from him to perform against all tanks as well as he was performing against shermans in WWII,because of his fame and all stories about tigers.
I dont think that he is broken at all, he has his place in higher-medium tier and compared to other tanks of his tier he is not so bad.Especially when you upgrade him to maximum ( like all other tanks).
The fact that 1 lucky shot can kill your engine, some crew or disable your gun etc.. is another story completely and devs are working on re-balancing critical hits.

Urbanrat #14 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 12:24

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6451 battles
If the problem is with HE and AP shells.. pop some support over on my thread  :Smile-hiding:

http://forum.worldof...94-heap-revamp/

Niteworks #15 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 15:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14734 battles

View PostSakuzhi, on Aug 04 2010 - 21:26, said:

Given the Sheer numbers of KVs lurking around lately, it's very clear that the Player base has noticed that the Russian Heavy line is in fact much better than the German one.

....Hell...half the reason I played the game in the first place was for the bloody Tiger, which if this tank isn't fixed to have a Chance against over Tier7s... well, I foresee many peoples quitting on grounds of the Joke the Devs made of the Tiger.

Keep in mind, From the Tiger to the Maus, EVERY Tier the Russian Heavy Tanks are better, every....single one.

The biggest problem with this, is unlike Light, Medium Tanks, SPGS and TDs...Heavy's in the end are called upon to deal with the Enemy Heavies which is why it is extremely important that the Same Tier Heavies are balanced Against each other.

I was about 10k points from both the tiger and jadgpanther, bailed out the crews, sold em and started over in the Russian tank line. I favor agility and firepower over armor and firepower and just to be honest i'm not going to use a ferd. so jadgpanther would have been tops. the mause I saw in action and it was impressive but once again I don't care for the box.  It really seems that the german line got screwed in the last tiers.

Sakuzhi #16 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
The "Problem" with the Tiger is the fact it does nothing fully HALF of the bloody games, and it stops being a "Lucky" shot when it happens to you every single game. But you know, your words are exactly what alot of non-Tiger drivers keep on saying, what yall aren't getting is that the Tiger can BE in a pack of Tanks. Guess what? They get shot -first-, get Disabled by the first hits and are rendered Useless, every game.

Luck is the once in a while you auto-die from a BS shot.

Problem is, it isn't once in a while Vurk. Never was, it's Constantly there.

That said, the German Line doesn't even -have- an Armor advantage over the Russian Tanks...They have Guns compared to losing every other aspect of the game against an equal Tiered Russian Heavy.

Not that I'm askin' for that, really all the Tiger -needs- to put the scales even on the IS (they are the same tier afterall) is the reduction of Critical hits the Tiger suffers, the Module damage (both are reportedly being fixed, happy days), and Make the Tiger able to go 38 or 40kmph the Engine it -has- can handle it, just increase the Max Speed, and maybe up the frontal Turret armor on the real Tiger Turret (Gun M thingy to 120mm). Figure that the IS is better Armored and Hits Harder so the Tiger gets to be faster and more agile (as it actually outperformed most Medium tanks in World War 2 anyway) with the faster firing 88. This would be that term called Balance.

On one hand the IS takes more of a beating than the Tiger, but the Tiger can move around more. It's like the T-34 against the PzIV, but in reverse.

At least, that's what I figure would make it do-able, as for the later tiers.. I'll reserve my opinion when I have actual information.

theta0123 #17 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 16:48

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postwinstor, on Jul 31 2010 - 04:54, said:

Doesn't help that the initial Tiger I turret is only 82/82/82 when in fact it should be 100/80/80 with an upgrade option of 110/80/80 or even 120/80/80 if you want to use the mantlet armour value.
And the IS wich has 120/100/100 when IRL it had 160/120/120
and the IS3 hull armor wich is only 150

and many more soviet tanks?

Sakuzhi #18 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 16:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
You do realize that you are quoting the Armor for the IS-2 right? Not the IS....

But compared to the Tiger's armor of a mighty! 100/80/80, the IS has markedly better armor, and slope (which really isn't calcluated correctly in the game from time to time)

CroPanzer #19 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yey so no more one-in-a-million shots every second shot http://forum.worldof...ile-playing.gif

Sakuzhi #20 Posted Aug 05 2010 - 19:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
Well... the Tiger tank has it's moments,

However they are very few and far in between, and normally cut short by crippling Module damage/Arty pwnsaucing you for coming out from cover.

Figure it's about a 1 in 15 games where you rack up the vaulted Warrior Title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users