Tiger I Frustrating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

starmindfr #281 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 09:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hello

I have Tiger I since several weeks now and seems not so bad with crew 100% and specials skills 90%

I could one shot any small and some mediums very far of me... Also the speed is not so bad.

Problems comes with Arty, the heavy tiers arty seems able to one shot the Tiger I very easily...

Armor is very critical on Tiger I as its full 90 % angles everywhere... seems the Tiger II have really change that in the good way.

Now i often finish with "steel wall" medal, so its possible to handle lots of shots with Tiger I.

I feel that Tiger I is most a multi purpose heavy tanks, he could snipe, or rush on mediums... could handle a fight again IS I and also badly damage a Tiger II if not upgraded but problem come with IS 3 and more ... I agreed with first post, its possible to be one shoted by an IS 3, its a little sad... but on other hands i were able to survive to several shots of IS 7...

but feeling is strange when you see an IS7 so fast, able to ram you and turn around you like a light tank in order to just kill you in less that 5 seconds in order to quickly move to another target  <_<

shashaveli #282 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 09:13

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Oh you are free to meet my tiger in pitiful T34-76 and T34-85s any day or KV mobile damage sponges...Against that kind of enemies, the tiger is almost overkill. But anything thats higher on the pecking order is obviously much better - tier 8 heavies are not that better, but tier 9 - are obviously superior.

jvilnisaust #283 Posted Sep 24 2010 - 15:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3766 battles
I was just on Campinovka map in my new Tiger and it was a slaughter.

My sighting range was so poor that I was being hit by tanks that I didn't even see. All I could do is move away to positions where I had a house to hide behind.

I got a kill on a T-34 that turned it's back on me but then arty got me.

Finally result was a loss for the team, a repair bill of 9800 credits (80% destroyed), ammo costs of 1600 credits and income of 7600 credits.

My IS in the same situation would have brought in 15000 credits at least and repair costs would have been 8000 credits or so.

Now I am really regreting buying the tiger. It's going to be a rough brind to get to Tiger II.

Midnitewolf #284 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 02:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7172 battles
The Tiger I isn't really a bad tank and alot of fun especially with the Long 88.  One of the main problems isits high repair cost which honestly is about 30% more than the IS I also run.  Honestly I don't understand why one Tier 7 tanks should have a higher repair cost than another Tier 7 tank.

The other thing is that honestly, the Tiger is fragile as hell and a really good Target even for tanks much lower tiered that it.  As soon as I manage to get a Tier 5 KV with the 107mm gun I honestly lost all fear of the Tiger.  Sure its main gun could always penetrate my armor but the 107mm could easily penetrate theirs as well and did about 30% more damage.  The KV-3, a Tier 6, was even more of a match against the Tiger and honestly I always felt I had the edge against the Tiger when using the KV-3.  Both these tanks have a repair cost of about 1/4-1/3 that of the Tiger.  Add the 122mm to the KV-3 and now we have a real Tiger Buster although at that point the operating cost of the KV-3 is about equal to the Tiger due to the 1k cost of shells.

Also due to the fragility of the Tiger you can honestly be a treat to a Tiger even with a T-28 as both the 57mm and 85mm cannon can penetrate the Tigers Armor and potentially get a kill on a Tiger even if they can't go one on one with it.

ZombieLenin #285 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 09:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10684 battles
I want to amend my initial misgivings about the Tiger. Now that it is fully upgraded (I have all the upgrades including the final engine) and my crew is at 100% its a great tank to drive. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I still don't bounce a lot of shots, but the tank is much more survivable and much better at dishing out the hurt these days. I don't regret getting into it at all.

That said, as someone else said, having to try to run circles around a KV-3 to take it out, which is easily done, seems a bit silly. I feel like I should be able to easily slug it out with a lower tier heavy without it being a serious threat to me.

I also have to say that something seems to be amiss with tank advancing in general. Players should be happy to get into newer tanks, because they know they're going to do better, and doing better is more fun. As it currently stands you have to grind sometimes hundreds of matches to get your tank on par with the tank you've come from, and even father until your new tier tank really excels at its role.

I am all for advancing in games, and progressing your tanks in this one. I just don't think it should be painful to go up a tier in tanks.

ZeroNiner #286 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 09:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2321 battles
Just yesterday i got shot in the front of my turret by a leopard with HE: Gun damaged, gunner knocked out. I raged...^^

And the repair costs just murder me, though the 8,8 l71 will be awesome as soon as the warping issue is fixed...

Thank God is still have my vk36, that thin is awesomeness an tracks

SpectreHD #287 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 10:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16755 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostTeflonNinja, on Sep 25 2010 - 03:36, said:

The long 88 needs a significant damage buff and less aiming time too. I don't understand why it's one of the few German guns that bucks the trend and has a 2.5s aiming time. As for damage, that should be quite self-explanatory.

All I can say is, we can't have German tanks better than Russians tanks, now, can we?

I also find it funny that the Russian fanboys whined about how cheap the 10.5cm is so they increased the price to over 1000 credits while the Russian 122mm does more damage and costs the same. When using the Tiger 2, you would need more shots compared to an IS3 just to kill it. So in the end, you use more shells so ammo costs at the end of the battle is more. Even the 12.8cm is only like 1070 creds per shell.

Really, makes no sense the 10.5cm costs as much as it is.

Xenos21 #288 Posted Oct 05 2010 - 22:38

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
We in Russia have even bigger thread with complaints about Tiger. Hope this crits harvester will be fixed someday. I still love how it looks.

Zinn #289 Posted Oct 05 2010 - 23:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have a Tiger 1 as my main and I love it. It was a bit frustrating before I got the new and shiny gun (KwK43) but now it can take out just about anything, if driven right. I normally don't find arty to be much of a problem, since I make sure to wear a camo-net at all times, so that complaint isn't something I can recognise. Tbh, the biggest issue seems to be making any kind of meaningful money with it, as the ammo is stupidly expensive.

SpectreHD #290 Posted Oct 06 2010 - 00:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16755 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostZinn, on Oct 05 2010 - 23:56, said:

I have a Tiger 1 as my main and I love it. It was a bit frustrating before I got the new and shiny gun (KwK43) but now it can take out just about anything, if driven right. I normally don't find arty to be much of a problem, since I make sure to wear a camo-net at all times, so that complaint isn't something I can recognise. Tbh, the biggest issue seems to be making any kind of meaningful money with it, as the ammo is stupidly expensive.

250 creds for ammo is stupidly expensive? Lol. Wait till you get the Tiger 2 then with the ammo for its best gun is 1050.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users