Tiger I Frustrating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

Sakuzhi #41 Posted Aug 06 2010 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
Heno you do realize that you are saying you received about 150k EXP in two-days, let alone the fact yall need 2.3mil for the KT in the first place

As for the Tiger, the "reason" they stopped making it was due to the King Tiger coming out, that's it. There's the grand "mystery".

The Tiger had the ability to take down every single Allied tank of the World. Only -one- tank of the world could "out-range" it, that was the IS-2, that's it.

The Firefly was the only other tank able to engage the Tiger at "combat" ranges (that's 1,000m to 1,2000m), however the Tiger could wax the Firefly at 2,500m.

That said, in Game the very fact you have to play like a complete and total coward to do "well" is rubbish, it's a Heavy tank and should be made to perform the ROLE of the Heavy Tank.

That said, it "mostly" performs this role, minus it's slower than should be Speed, and the insane number of Critical hits/module damage being the most crippling factor.

As for Fire..."generally" I would say it isn't an issue, minus that last night I caught on fire 6 times in 20 Games, and in one of those games I was lit on fire back to back. With the Wet Ammo rack, it drops the ammo rack damaged games but it's fact you will lose your Loader on the first hit 95% of all battles, followed by your Turret Ring.

In short, the tiger is not "fine" or anything remotely close to that word. It sucks so much that you have to "cower" and pray you don't get hit.

Bellatormonk #42 Posted Aug 06 2010 - 15:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14701 battles

View Postheno, on Aug 06 2010 - 09:57, said:

I have to disagree somewhat that you use the Tiger exclusively for range and sniping. Heavy tanks like the Tiger are especially good against mediums at close ranges where the medium tanks don't have lots of room to maneuver. Like in towns etc. In maps where you can seek cover I always go for cramped spaces where the enemy, which in other cases just would kite, maneuver behind or away from you, you can trap and fight them at your terms. In other cases, just pretend your Tiger is a giant Tank destroyer. Sit back, hidden, snipe light or lighter medium tanks. Don't shoot until you know your gun would track your prey. One shot, boom. I've taken out countless Leopards with my Tigers that way. They don't know where you are, but because someone else on your team has scouted them you have a fix on them. Sooner or later they will turn straight for you, its just a matter of clicking your mouse button. Easy kill.

Tiger I was absolute against Soviet armour but was still miles ahead its western counterparts

The over all point was that the Tiger I cost to much to maintain because it takes massive damage way to fast for a heavy.  Other than that who really expects to use the heavy they just save 1.5 million credits for to be used as a TD to destroy scout tanks?  I used my VK to do that while moving around taking fire and not worrying about my ammo rack exploding in the first hit.
Frankly my STUG survives longer than the Tiger I in head on fight with almost any tank to include a Tiger.

alexandru987 #43 Posted Aug 06 2010 - 17:27

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have both IS and Tiger 1.

The Tiger 1 is crap compared to the IS. It may have more hp, but the IS bounces shots, while the tiger takes damage from anything(after 100 fights, i had 4 times the number of STEEL WALL medals on the IS compared to the Tiger 1, that says it all).

I`ve been one shotted by pz3, leopard, pz4, t28, etc. It`s one hit, then fire(i have 3 fire guys @ 90% now), then ammo rack explosion.

I cought fire like 12 games out of 15 one night, i sold the tank after that. Got it again... same thing only now i`m mostly done with it just need some more credits for Tiger 2.

If they keep the german tanks as they are and add american tanks who will also be subpar with the russian tanks it will kill the game.

It`s just not possibile to catch fire once in like 100 games with IS, and so much on the Tiger. Also i don`t recall IS fire to have killed the tank.

The problem with german tanks is:

1. They are slower, so less room for flanking the enemy,
2. They take damage from basically any shot in the side/back, where the IS tanks bounce a lot of them.
3. IS-4 has more armor, is faster and has better damage compared to it`s german counterpart.
4. The mighty MAUS can be imobilised by 2 light tanks. And it can be easily done as it`s so slow, leaving it helpless the rest of the fight.
5. For some odd reason, german tanks are more EXPENSIVE to repair.(compared to their russian heavy tank counterpart)
6. German tanks suffer from malfunctions so often, most rounds they are subpar to the russian tanks becouse a german tank will have either loader/driver dead, or ammo rack/engine damage 95% of the fights.

Some balance if needed... more SIDE armor and less module damage would be a start....

EDIT: Developers need to understand it`s not FUN to lose the tank most of the time due to malfunctions that cripple it or fire.

Sakuzhi #44 Posted Aug 06 2010 - 18:20

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
rather have the "real" speed values of the KT and Tiger, and less module damage.

ramp4ge #45 Posted Aug 06 2010 - 21:15

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

View PostSakuzhi, on Aug 06 2010 - 18:20, said:

rather have the "real" speed values of the KT and Tiger, and less module damage.

Yes, please.

45 for Tiger, 41 for KT.

WMD #46 Posted Aug 07 2010 - 10:38

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12561 battles

View Postheno, on Aug 06 2010 - 09:57, said:

Tiger I was absolute against Soviet armour but was still miles ahead its western counterparts

No. It was only thanks to poor judgement by the US as well as by Patton that the US did NOT have Pershing for DDAY.
Saddly the US ARTILLARY board overruled the US TANK board for the choice of M4 mediumn tank for mass production rather then the Pershing

The British though were a mess at least got the 17 pounder right.
Like the Centurian (2 years late) they were two years behind the Germans.

Dekurgan #47 Posted Aug 07 2010 - 11:35

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postalexandru987, on Aug 06 2010 - 17:27, said:

I have both IS and Tiger 1.

The Tiger 1 is crap compared to the IS. It may have more hp, but the IS bounces shots, while the tiger takes damage from anything(after 100 fights, i had 4 times the number of STEEL WALL medals on the IS compared to the Tiger 1, that says it all).

I`ve been one shotted by pz3, leopard, pz4, t28, etc. It`s one hit, then fire(i have 3 fire guys @ 90% now), then ammo rack explosion.

I cought fire like 12 games out of 15 one night, i sold the tank after that. Got it again... same thing only now i`m mostly done with it just need some more credits for Tiger 2.

If they keep the german tanks as they are and add american tanks who will also be subpar with the russian tanks it will kill the game.

It`s just not possibile to catch fire once in like 100 games with IS, and so much on the Tiger. Also i don`t recall IS fire to have killed the tank.

The problem with german tanks is:

1. They are slower, so less room for flanking the enemy,
2. They take damage from basically any shot in the side/back, where the IS tanks bounce a lot of them.
3. IS-4 has more armor, is faster and has better damage compared to it`s german counterpart.
4. The mighty MAUS can be imobilised by 2 light tanks. And it can be easily done as it`s so slow, leaving it helpless the rest of the fight.
5. For some odd reason, german tanks are more EXPENSIVE to repair.(compared to their russian heavy tank counterpart)
6. German tanks suffer from malfunctions so often, most rounds they are subpar to the russian tanks becouse a german tank will have either loader/driver dead, or ammo rack/engine damage 95% of the fights.

Some balance if needed... more SIDE armor and less module damage would be a start....

EDIT: Developers need to understand it`s not FUN to lose the tank most of the time due to malfunctions that cripple it or fire.
A thought occurs.....
Do you think our game developers may be a tinsy winsy bit bias towards the russian tanks. After all this most excellent game has been made by our very talented russian neighbours. :Smile_harp:
(or so im led to believe)

J4n0 #48 Posted Aug 07 2010 - 16:02

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Look here on the 5th comment. What do you see?

WMD #49 Posted Aug 08 2010 - 05:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12561 battles

View PostGTrebs, on Aug 07 2010 - 16:13, said:

No way that would work in this arcade game

When you see an 88 fired from 5 meters bounch off the back of a Leopard (15mm) rear armor.
Its luck not the shots being deflected due to your angling of your armor in anyway.

halfik #50 Posted Aug 08 2010 - 19:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postwinstor, on Aug 07 2010 - 03:17, said:

Tiger I
Maximum road speed - ??
Sustained road speed - 38 km/h
Cross country - 16-20 km/h

Tiger II
Maximum road speed - 41.5 km/h
Sustained road speed - 38 km/h
Cross country - 15-20 km/h

true. there is sth wrong with tigers speed in the game.

Sakuzhi #51 Posted Aug 09 2010 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
mmm... Generally speaking I've not had much issue exploding from ammo, since getting the Wet ammo rack (helps alot, would suggest getting it).

As for the Tiger speed, the Max speed is around 45kmph on the road.

And the KT in game is faster than the Tiger.....for really no reason -.-...

PS: The Tiger Trick works great on Corners.

arczi85 #52 Posted Aug 09 2010 - 19:42

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Didn't try that trick but Im going to see if it works.
About ammo. I dont remember if i have been destroyed by explosion of ammo rack, didnt happen to my yet.

One thing that pisses me off is that many times i got my engine knocked out or damaged... I mean it would be fine, but the thing is that many times the engine got damaged when I was hit in the front armor....

Sakuzhi #53 Posted Aug 09 2010 - 19:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
Generally the more crippling module damage is the Ammo rack as it drops your reload speed to 3 shots a minute, followed by your Loader getting KOed.

...Then it's Engine or Turret ring, and then Gun...

Sakuzhi #54 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
You mean like this Winstor?

IS-2: 37 km/h (23 mph)
In Game: 34kmph

Tiger: 38kmph
In Game: 30kmph

KV-1: 35 km/h
In Game: 30kmph (is -as- fast as a Tiger, if not more so)

So Yes Winstor explain why the hell the IS gets next to it's real speed where the Tigers gets docked by 25%? I mean "really" Tiger had one of the best soft-ground performances of ANY, that's right ANY Tank in World War 2.

Fact of the matter is the Tiger is inferior to the IS in EVERY way shape and form in the game, the -very- least they can do to balance it is to give the Tiger it's 38kmph-40kmph Speed back.

eviljezza #55 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 17:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Do you lot need more proof?
Posted Image

Skwabie #56 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 17:20

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3 battles
Now that you're referencing RL specs it's important to note that the turret traverse speed (and I doubt the track traverse speed) is anywhere close to real life. The tiger I's 360 deg turret traverse time can be 60~25 secs depending on engine RPM. If engine idle then yes it's 6 deg per sec. If you put this ingame it'd be a disaster, for while RL engagements often take place much further e.g. 1000m, a lot of ingame engagements are ... how to say... dogfights, especially the ones you'd remember afterwards, due to, for one, the below 500m view range. Now I'd think the other tanks specs are not fully to RL values either, but

I say this to the devs

Even if you do not make them real, make them balanced. Currently the german side is definitely inferior past tier 6, both medium and heavy tanks. I understand you're from Russia and you're unavoidably biased, but remember you're releasing the game worldwide and there are absolutely a lot of german afv/(especially)tiger lovers. I for one would stop playing if the balance issue continues: to get a tiger or a panther is the reason I play this game, if they don't do well for their worth, then what's the point~~

Kiffin #57 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 19:45

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9420 battles

View PostSkwabie, on Aug 10 2010 - 17:20, said:

Even if you do not make them real, make them balanced. Currently the german side is definitely inferior past tier 6, both medium and heavy tanks. I understand you're from Russia and you're unavoidably biased, but remember you're releasing the game worldwide and there are absolutely a lot of german afv/(especially)tiger lovers. I for one would stop playing if the balance issue continues: to get a tiger or a panther is the reason I play this game, if they don't do well for their worth, then what's the point~~

I am sorry to say this, but that statement is the most biased thing I had put my eyes on in this forum. You are saying " we all expect the Tiger and Panther to be the best things period. If the Tiger and Panther aren't the best things period, than we will never play your game." Really???? Really???? Are you not gonna play a good game because your expectations of " the best tank in the world " are not fullfilled? The T34 isn't as fast or menueverable as I expected ( especially after A20 ), but I still like to play it, no QQ from me.

Here is what I am gonna say about the Tiger: Facing A Tiger in a fully upgraded SU85 is the scariest thing ever. Okay, that giant block comes at me, I shoot at it and damage it, but than he blasts me to pieces. The only real way to face it up close is to have it be distracted by other tanks and pound at it, or shoot it from a far where I can cause enough damage to give team mates a chance to kill it ( The Tiger can kill them even if it was at 11% health ). The Tiger is a beast when facing its enemy, the " Tiger is crap " posts seem to be too stuck up in the ass about wanting it to be invincible to realize this.

About module damage, yes it is damn annoing. My TD gets detracked and gun damage, but for some reason the crew seems to not get harmed. ( although it does happen ). But I ususally try and stay hidden, and if I need to advance, I do it carefully from bush to bush, hopefully limiting my chances of getting blasted.

Anyways, please realize when the enemy faces the Tiger, it is scary. Being shot at clearly will be frustrating to you, but what do you expect when your giant block is rolling towards them?

Sakuzhi #58 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 20:05

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4366 battles
>.> The Tiger is Scary until you play one and realize how much it actually sucks >.>

Not to Mention your TD is a Tier 5 against a Tier 7 Heavy tank... which is the reason it's scary... It's a better tank compared to you.

But hey, the Su-152 can auto-pwnsauce a Tiger something crazy.

That said, the "problem" with the tiger, which you have missed out on is that, allow me to enlighten you for a few moments.

This isn't about the Tiger not being the so-called "Best tank" that you cry.
This is about the utter fail that is called the Tiger Tank.
This is about the countless times the Tiger is all but disabled within 2 minutes of the match.
This is about the fact the Tiger does not hold a candle in the wind to the IS.
This is about the TRUTH of the Tiger,
And the Truth is it just sucks, I dislike using this word but it is the Truth.

Want to know the "truth" Truth is something is underpowered, when it does not equal what is measured against. In this case, other Tier 7 Tanks. Keep in mind I'm going on 250 Games IN the Tiger, and likely going to have another 150 before the King Tiger/softwipe.

Tier 7 Tanks.
Russian Side: IS, and T-43, SU-152.
German Side: Tiger, Jadgpanther, VK3002(DB).

The only tank that the Tiger can take on a 50/50 chance basis is the Jadgpanther, but only if it's a "run in" meeting, where the two tanks bump into each other at random. Jadgpanther wins in an Ambush. This is exactly why the Tiger is Fail, not because it can beat the hell out of a SU-85. But because it CAN'T win against equal Tiered opponents.

Kiffin #59 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 21:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9420 battles
It wasn't just a SU85, it was a SU85 plus other tanks. Sometimes it is equal levels to the Tiger or above the Tiger. The Tiger sometimes survive, sometimes it dies ( dynamic battlefield and all ), but it still keeps on fighting despite these terrible things that you guys describe. Sorry for not playing it, but from observation it is a fully capable tank, I don't know what else to expect from such a tank...

Stormscion #60 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 21:49

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSakuzhi, on Aug 10 2010 - 20:05, said:

>.> The Tiger is Scary until you play one and realize how much it actually sucks >.>

Not to Mention your TD is a Tier 5 against a Tier 7 Heavy tank... which is the reason it's scary... It's a better tank compared to you.

But hey, the Su-152 can auto-pwnsauce a Tiger something crazy.

That said, the "problem" with the tiger, which you have missed out on is that, allow me to enlighten you for a few moments.

This isn't about the Tiger not being the so-called "Best tank" that you cry.
This is about the utter fail that is called the Tiger Tank.
This is about the countless times the Tiger is all but disabled within 2 minutes of the match.
This is about the fact the Tiger does not hold a candle in the wind to the IS.
This is about the TRUTH of the Tiger,
And the Truth is it just sucks, I dislike using this word but it is the Truth.

Want to know the "truth" Truth is something is underpowered, when it does not equal what is measured against. In this case, other Tier 7 Tanks. Keep in mind I'm going on 250 Games IN the Tiger, and likely going to have another 150 before the King Tiger/softwipe.

Tier 7 Tanks.
Russian Side: IS, and T-43, SU-152.
German Side: Tiger, Jadgpanther, VK3002(DB).

The only tank that the Tiger can take on a 50/50 chance basis is the Jadgpanther, but only if it's a "run in" meeting, where the two tanks bump into each other at random. Jadgpanther wins in an Ambush. This is exactly why the Tiger is Fail, not because it can beat the hell out of a SU-85. But because it CAN'T win against equal Tiered opponents.

Tiger is as good as IS if not better ... i am not saying on paper but in game i won most 1 vs 1 fights with other IS and many is3 and king tigers did die as well when they ignored me or i forced side fights with them where there is no sloped armor etc. Tiger is good just not super i win button as people unreasnobly expect just like king tiger , is3 and IS are not i win button.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users