Tiger I Frustrating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

Stormscion #61 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 21:49

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKiffin, on Aug 10 2010 - 21:19, said:

It wasn't just a SU85, it was a SU85 plus other tanks. Sometimes it is equal levels to the Tiger or above the Tiger. The Tiger sometimes survive, sometimes it dies ( dynamic battlefield and all ), but it still keeps on fighting despite these terrible things that you guys describe. Sorry for not playing it, but from observation it is a fully capable tank, I don't know what else to expect from such a tank...

people like to whine

ErwinRommel #62 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 21:56

Captain

• Special Beta Testers
  • 1961 battles
almost in the tiger I  :Smile-izmena:

:lol:

Bison #63 Posted Aug 10 2010 - 22:08

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37275 battles
Well I have a fully upgraded Tiger and 435 mission and a crew that is at 110+79% and has camo net and I think it is a very good tank. It is great at long range hitting of targets and I would say that it it is below average on close range targets. But there is always that one lucky place shell that will take out your tank. I have seen that as the crew gets better the tank is getting better too. When I first got the Tiger I was thinking what a piece of junk. But I have in time learn how to use it and with the crew getting better I love using the tank all the time. I just wish I knew what maps where going to be used, because I think the Tiger tank is a very poor tank to use in city fighting. with it slow turrent and slow speed it is very hard to use in town. I saving up credits to get the Tiger II I'm thinking this is beta so I will go for that. But if in the real game I might just stay with the Tiger and max out the crew. Plus I can stay about even or make a little money with this tank. Unless in beta here I find a tank I like better and for the upkeep I well be going for the Tiger in the real game too. Only time will tell.

TalonZahn #64 Posted Aug 11 2010 - 20:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11220 battles
I posted earlier in the thread about my Tiger, I sold it as soon as I opened the King Tiger. I couldn't wait to get out of that firebox with zero speed/maneuverability. I understand it's a "Heavy Tank", but the King Tiger moves better than it does. My King Tiger has the same crew, and same setup. Plus the KT has nowhere near the crit problems. I will gladly go slower with more armor and a bigger gun, since I won't burn to the ground or get my turret ring broken on the first hit. They both seem to suffer a lot of main gun hits though.

I decided to head down the Panther tree. I now have a 3002DB, same tier as the Tiger. I can honestly say that if I didn't *WANT* the Tiger from the moment I saw this game, and grind it first, I would have never gone down that track if I went Panther track first.

The DB is far better than the Tiger. I've only caught fire in it once, and can dismantle a Tiger, even a fully upgraded Tiger, without fear. My DB crew is only around 85% - 90%, tank fully upgraded. There are times I will shoot a Tiger once or twice and drive off because I can see it burning up. I just leave it there to die, and feel sorry for the player. In the DB, the only tanks I fear are IS-3, IS-4, and the T-44.

Some will say this means the DB needs to be nerfed, and I will just point to half the Russian top tier tanks that can do the same.

They just need to fix the crit problem (seriously it's crazy), speed issue (everyone should get their real speeds not just Russians), and the penetration (1 system for all and not 2 favoring the Russians again.)

I would even settle for just a realistic speed boost and a massive sight increase. If the Tiger could see 800-1000 meters and be able to displace at a normal speed, it would be fantastic. It would also be closer to the real deal.

Sakuzhi #65 Posted Aug 11 2010 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
I'm fine with recude of subsystem damage/Critical hits being reduced 400%, along with going 38kmph.

Should put the Tiger pretty close to on par with the IS.

halfik #66 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 12:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBison, on Aug 10 2010 - 22:08, said:

Well I have a fully upgraded Tiger and 435 mission and a crew that is at 110+79% and has camo net and I think it is a very good tank. It is great at long range hitting of targets and I would say that it it is below average on close range targets. But there is always that one lucky place shell that will take out your tank. I have seen that as the crew gets better the tank is getting better too. When I first got the Tiger I was thinking what a piece of junk. But I have in time learn how to use it and with the crew getting better I love using the tank all the time. I just wish I knew what maps where going to be used, because I think the Tiger tank is a very poor tank to use in city fighting. with it slow turrent and slow speed it is very hard to use in town. I saving up credits to get the Tiger II I'm thinking this is beta so I will go for that. But if in the real game I might just stay with the Tiger and max out the crew. Plus I can stay about even or make a little money with this tank. Unless in beta here I find a tank I like better and for the upkeep I well be going for the Tiger in the real game too. Only time will tell.

exacly. tiger is a good tank. its not amazing, but its not a junk for sure. ppl just dont know how to use it.

if devs will do sth with fire - couse now when u get fire, all modules are down - game is sick. but if that will change and fire wont do so much dmg any more. tiger will be great tank. not as great as KT, but still :)

kubahot #67 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 12:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
damm I have headache when I read this, now Iam really close to buy Tiger 1 , I have fully upgraded VK36 with crew 110% and I love to play with it, it will be good to change this to Tiger? I have KV too , maybe it will be better then I buy kv-3s and then IS ? pls help me with decide.

NoHopeNoFear #68 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 12:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
go for the kv-3.
i had vk3601,vk3001p,3002db,panther, and the russian heavy tree to vk-3.
with all tanks starting at p4 with long 7.5 gun i can penetrate the front of a tiger but only my panther with the long 88 has a good chance to penetrate a kv-3. even the short 88 has a lot of bounces at the side and rear of a kv-3. the standard gun of kv-3 is also not bad.

Sakuzhi #69 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 16:39

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
:/ Meh... penetrating the front of the Tiger is fairly easy.

In terms of game balance, It needs to "Compete" with the IS, which it can not do with out the subsystem/crit/fire issues the Tiger has.

Which is where the speed bump to 38kmph which makes it faster than the IS, which the IS has much better armor so they counterbalance. Whereas with the guns, the IS hits harder, where the Tiger hits more often. The increased speed of Tiger (and even the KT) would go a long way in balancing out the tiers.

kubahot #70 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 17:08

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
NoHopeNoFear
thx , you helped me :-) Now I will focous on my KV and making exp and creds for kv-3

best regards

Poexxx #71 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 18:18

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 24597 battles
  • [GANG] GANG

View Postkubahot, on Aug 12 2010 - 12:12, said:

damm I have headache when I read this, now Iam really close to buy Tiger 1 , I have fully upgraded VK36 with crew 110% and I love to play with it, it will be good to change this to Tiger? I have KV too , maybe it will be better then I buy kv-3s and then IS ? pls help me with decide.

Don't Do It.

No really man, save your cred and the heartache till they fix this or skip it entirely if they dont.  The only redeeming feature of the tiger is the gun, otherwise it is a complete and total pile of crap.  You will get hit and take critical damage by anything over 70mm within every 3rd or 4th shot.  It is as slow as the Hetzer and only slightly more maneuverable.  It has the slowest turret I have found yet as well.

I will not say the shaft the developers have put in this tank is Russian biased or any other such thing, but in its current state it is far behind other tanks in its tier.  I am not concerned with the historical nature of it, balance the game and I will be happy, but as it is now? Its not even close.  I used to wonder why all the other Tiger drivers hid way in the back in there heavy tank, I realize now its because its not a heavy tank, its a coffin with a big gun and that if you dont play like a lil'girl you are going to get raped again and again and again.

I have not sold it yet, but every match that starts out with my first hit taking ammo, tracks and engine while doing 15% damage from a medium tank has me that much closer to selling it and going Russian Heavys.  I dont care if the KT is that good, this is the most frustration I have had in a game in a long time and I may be old school, but video games shouldn't be frustrating right?  That and I just hate having to cherry pick kills off teammates, but if I am getting shot at I am getting critted, which means I am going to die in short order all the armor and hit points be dammed.

Sakuzhi #72 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
The Wet Ammo Rack helps alot, however... it doesn't reduce the number of Critical hits the Tiger reduces (by this I mean guns doing -double- the damage to you, makes the 1450 HP go by real quick when 88s take off 400+ HP a pop.)

That said, the anti-frag Liner helps.

Keep in mind, while these equipment "helps", they are meerly a band-aide trying to stop the bleeding that is the Tiger. It needs to be fixed, for -balance- sake if nothing else, it isn't a hard fix. Speed and reducing the Critical hit/Subsystem Damage factor on the tiger would be enough (For speed, 38kmph is enough, It'd go a long way in putting the Tiger on "equal" standing with the IS).

Jack_Unterjaegr #73 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 21:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
tiger is damn awesome, learn to drive lads

Sakuzhi #74 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 21:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
I'd love to know either what you are smoking. Or what game you are playing.

Jack_Unterjaegr #75 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 22:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSakuzhi, on Aug 12 2010 - 21:28, said:

I'd love to know either what you are smoking. Or what game you are playing.

marlboro

wot

Rockz #76 Posted Aug 13 2010 - 14:44

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 26 battles
I would wait till the next patch. Stop complaining about the game. The developers have heard you all and will look into it. Enjoy the game after all were Beta testers

Sakuzhi #77 Posted Aug 13 2010 - 16:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
Which is precisely what I've been doing actually.

Granted, the next patch isn't going to change the "balance" between the russian/german Heavy/Medium lines, but it should fix the freak issues the Tiger suffers from.

Which granted is the biggest issue.

kubahot #78 Posted Aug 13 2010 - 16:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I think that next patch didn't repair Tiger, balance will be correct before stable 1.0 version, now they have biggest problems then our Tiger...  B)

Sakuzhi #79 Posted Aug 13 2010 - 17:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4361 battles
Well, they are fixing several issues that will -help- the Tiger.

1) They are fixing subsystem damage, and damage models for a bunch of tanks.

2)They are fixing HE, bane of the Tiger.

3) They are fixing Armor Penetration, Bane of the 88mm gun.

All the above will help the Tiger, then when we get onto balancing it out against the IS (I think just getting the real Tiger speed would be enough, that's just me).

Apachex #80 Posted Aug 13 2010 - 21:55

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJack_Unterjaegr, on Aug 12 2010 - 21:12, said:

tiger is damn awesome, learn to drive lads

This, it needs some fix regarding rep/ammo cost.
The tiger's main problem is that "everybody" want to kill it asap, they know what it can do to you. It is some sort of trophy for some to kill one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users