Athena's Complete Female Crew Overhaul Mod

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
466 replies to this topic

Lady_Athena #1 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS

Note: Hello Everyone. This is an update as of 2/22/2014. I know it's no surprise to anyone who still uses my mod, that I have not been working on it for quite a long time. This is a formal and complete confirmation that I am no longer working, or planning on working on this mod any longer. Since I do not actually play WoT anymore (except for some very rare cases), and since I have moved onto War Thunder Ground Forces, I have no intentions to continue with the mod. (Unless popular demand says otherwise, which I've heard nothing about.) If anyone wishes too continue my project, I am perfectly alright with that so long as credit is given to me where it is due. Letting me know you're taking on the project and picking up where I left off would also be nice :).

I am sorry.

Hello Everyone!
This is a personal Mod I am working on, on my own free time; to make everything that has to do with your crew Feminine. At the moment thanks to 2 other Mods already out. I have completed the collection and made USA Anime female crew members and combined them all into 1.
I've recently updated and uploaded it to TesNexus: http://worldoftanks....ds.com/mods/401 Feel free to comment here as well of what you think about the mod :smiles:

What I've Done

As the name implies, I have made the crews for all 3 nations into anime females. Pictures, names, and voices. There were 2 other small mods which replaced just the pictures for German and USSR separately. I've combined these into my mod as well. (More info in the Thanks To section)
Updates to Come:
Part 1 Anime Pictures for all 3 Nations: Done!
Part 2 Gothic Female Names: Done!
Part 3: French Crew: Done!
Part 4: "Military" style/look/feel Anime Female Pics: These pictures will show Anime girls in either military clothing, or a military style pictureGerman Crew Done!
Part 5: Chinese Crew PicsDone!
Part 6: UK Crews Done!
Part 7: Anime Tank skinsDue to Time Constraints I may not be doing this anytime soon
Part 8: More Options for each Nation: Same as Part 7
Ongoing Updates:
(ongoing updates are updates which are done, but will constantly be expanded and added too as time goes by)
*Splash Screens: Multiple different Anime Splash Screens to choose from Done!
*Female Voices: Done! but with more to come!
*New Music: New Music for the battles, most likely something along the lines of Nightcore/Trance/Techno, which merges well with Anime/WoT at the same time.
Please be patient as I work on the final product for this complete overhaul mod. I am doing this on my own free time as a personal Mod since I love the game so much <3.
If you have any questions/concerns, want to give thanks, suggestions, or anything else, please feel free to PM me, or write it on here ^.^.
Please +1 the post if you like the mod! <3~

Installation Instructions:

Please use the .txt in each of the folders contained in the mod.

1) Unpack the .rar
2) Open the folder
3) Follow the instructions found inside each of these folders: Female Crew Pics, Female Name Mod, Female Voices, Login Screen.
Note: I split the mod up on purpose, so you could choose what you want, for example, if you dont want the female voices, simply skip that folder.
Discussion and videos with each voices can be found here: http://forum.worldof...-in-client-071/

Download

http://www.mediafire...243c2bhxv8k39o9
Name Fix:
http://www.mediafire...mes for 8.7.rar
(Install this last to fix the names since patch 8.7)

How YOU Can Help:

Ever Wanted to be a voice actor girls? Now you can! Just give me a PM! I need a few girls who are willing to record their voice for Part 3 of my mod!

Oh Noes! New Patch now your mod doesnt work! Help!

Do not worry, simply re-install the mod like you did the first time, and everything will work like new :smile:, your tankers pictures and original names will switch back to how they were. :smile:
Known Problems:
*Some Duplicate names for First/Last, Sometimes you may get a name such as Cute Cute, though this is rare.
German Crew #2

USSR Crew

USSR Crew Option 2

USA Crew

USA Crew Option 2

French Crew

Japanese Crew

Name Examples:
(Click the spoiler tab to see a partial list of the names, full list of names is in the .rar)
*Names with -First at the end, means they are First Names
*Names with -Last at the end, means they are Last Names
*Names with -First/Last at the end, means they are both

Thanks To:

Even though I started creating this mod, There were 2 mods at the time already out. One for Female anime pictures for USSR and one for Female Anime pictures for German. Thanks to these two people for allowing me to combine them with my full re-make mod :smile:, Thanks for keeping my mod unique and different, and most of all Alive :teethhappy:
Marseille: USSR Anime Female crew Pictures
Khyron: German Anime Female Crew
RelicShadow: A little random help here and there
TopCombat2: Help with the voices

Additions After:

I'm pleased to see people wanting to add their own little variations to my mod ^.^ So here will be the list of mods I've added in as options after my original mod was done ^.^ <3
Marseille: USSR crew pictures option #2
EinstZecksclaw: USA crew pictures option #2
USA Gothic Style Names Teaser
Spoiler

Updates:
Spoiler

Edited by Lady_Athena, Feb 22 2014 - 14:17.

von_Krimm #2 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15113 battles
  • [RS] RS
Nice initiative there miss, I applaud your efforts to make the game interface more to what you and some others to find a great degree of game immersion.

p.s. Fie on you lot that are giving minus rep to her post!  Shame and disgrace you lack-wits bring upon yourselves!

Lert #3 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:29

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37319 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Countered a -1 with my +1. Nice initiative. :) Keep up the good work.

leon911 #4 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:29

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9 battles
Dont know why the rep is abusud that way your now +1

SnowFox #5 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4547 battles
nice, ill give it a try

Lady_Athena #6 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:42

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS
updated the original post with example screenshots ^.^

Thanks everyone for the +1's <3~

1N54N3 #7 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:44

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
reminds me of a japanese command n conquer style game on the Nintendo DSI +1

FlatCat #8 Posted May 09 2011 - 17:26

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11855 battles
Great going put these in my prem tanks to give them a unique feel and look thanks.

Livewyr7 #9 Posted May 09 2011 - 17:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9406 battles
Not really my thing-  but definitely innovative, and I know someone who will be alllll over it in my Clan  *glances at Term* +1

Lady_Athena #10 Posted May 09 2011 - 17:45

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS

View PostLivewyr7, on May 09 2011 - 17:37, said:

Not really my thing-  but definitely innovative, and I know someone who will be alllll over it in my Clan  *glances at Term* +1

oo be sure to let them know ^.^

DeM0nFiRe #11 Posted May 09 2011 - 17:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 941 battles
  • [S-O-D] S-O-D
Couple tips, if you are going to just be taking images from shows and books and such, you should at least try to find images that are of the same quality and have the same framing.

Also, uh, why are all US females gothic, now?

Heh, also I don't think this helps much for women's respect on the battlefield :P

Lady_Athena #12 Posted May 09 2011 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS

View PostDeM0nFiRe, on May 09 2011 - 17:58, said:

Couple tips, if you are going to just be taking images from shows and books and such, you should at least try to find images that are of the same quality and have the same framing.

not all the mods/pics were done by me. I only did the USA ones, and did keep them the same quality/framing.

Also, uh, why are all US females gothic, now?

Why not?

Heh, also I don't think this helps much for women's respect on the battlefield :P

not my intentions :)

DeM0nFiRe #13 Posted May 09 2011 - 18:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 941 battles
  • [S-O-D] S-O-D

View PostAthena_Setyr, on May 09 2011 - 18:07, said:

not all the mods/pics were done by me. I only did the USA ones, and did keep them the same quality/framing.

Why not?

not my intentions :)

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's the USA ones that have the most variation. The one for bedford you see there is very blurry compared to the other ones, and the 4th one down is also a bit blurry while the others are more clear. You also see that all of them except the first have a full reactangle filled and then have the cut off where the 1st one only fills one side of a rectangle. All 5 of them are nothing like the USSR and Germany ones because as you see none of them are cut off on the sides, it's just one portrait picture that is of a similar framing to the game's original pictures. Then you also see in yours how the people are all tilted at an angle, and the angle is different for all of them.

Also, you said the name and picture matched the nationality, so how does gothic match the US? :P

Lady_Athena #14 Posted May 09 2011 - 18:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS

View PostDeM0nFiRe, on May 09 2011 - 18:19, said:

Also, you said the name and picture matched the nationality, so how does gothic match the US? :P

the names I will be implimenting will match.

jakuler0000 #15 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 20552 battles
How do i install...?

I can't find the folders that needs to be replaced.

Lady_Athena #16 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS

View Postjakuler0000, on May 09 2011 - 19:10, said:

How do i install...?

I can't find the folders that needs to be replaced.

Should be where you originally installed the game. Then follow the folders like in the .rar until you reach the 3 "Barracks, Small, Big" folders

TheOctagon #17 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:14

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7135 battles
Very innovative if you can pull off the voices to!

+1

I'll definitely give them a try...

Jaigenarc #18 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1525 battles
Great Work! :Smile_great:

I can always find something interesting by checking out your profile :D

15Charlie #19 Posted May 10 2011 - 04:14

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16380 battles
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nice work Setyr  :)

Lady_Athena #20 Posted May 10 2011 - 06:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4637 battles
  • [BLKRS] BLKRS
updated the file paths in the folder, I'm very sorry for the confusion!