Cannot purchase Tier 1 tanks "Already owned" error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

FinnFann #1 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles
To keep this short, I've been attempting to purchase a tier 1 tank.
To note, before anyone responds, here is some common information about my account as it currently is:

1) I have plenty of free slots

2) I do not own any tanks at the moment, they are all sold

3) I have tried all 3 tier 1 tanks.

4) As far as I know, tier 2 tanks I can purchase, I just lack the credits to purchase any of them.

5) I cannot get gold to bypass a tier 1. I've tried for the last 5 days, and playspan is rejecting me constantly no matter the payment type.

6) I have 9,000 credits, but the problem started when I temporarily went down to 10 after purchasing an AT-1 (which I sold in an attempt to fix the problem. It's really only left me unable to play the game at all)

7) The problem began on 5/8/11 (I say I've been trying playspan for longer because I'd been trying to get funds to get my SU-85)

Basically, I own no tanks, I don't have enough credits for a second tier tank, and I'm being given an error that I may already own the tank whenever I try to purchase a tier 1.

KoopaKrab #2 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10427 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
Really no idea how to help you out here.  I have sold and re-"bought" tier 1 tanks numerous times in the past.

I'm a bit confused though by your statement when you said you sold your AT-1 to buy a tier 1 tank.  Tier 1 tanks are free, so you shouldn't have had to sold anything.

Hope a moderator can help you out.

FinnFann #3 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles

View PostKoopaKrab, on May 09 2011 - 19:33, said:

Really no idea how to help you out here.  I have sold and re-"bought" tier 1 tanks numerous times in the past.

I'm a bit confused though by your statement when you said you sold your AT-1 to buy a tier 1 tank.  Tier 1 tanks are free, so you shouldn't have had to sold anything.

Hope a moderator can help you out.

Same here. I've purchased and sold them multiple times when, spontaneously, I found myself unable to buy them. And essentially, I thought maybe the AT-1 had been bugged and was the source of the problem. Thus, I sold it in an attempt to alleviate the issue. Needless to say, it just left me tankless.

SiberianExpress #4 Posted May 09 2011 - 19:44

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles
could you please make a screenshot of the error? (PrntScrn)

FinnFann #5 Posted May 09 2011 - 20:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles

View PostSiberianExpress, on May 09 2011 - 19:44, said:

could you please make a screenshot of the error? (PrntScrn)

Of course. Here you are. They're in order from garage to the purchase error. Error is in the last screenshot lower right:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The same thing occurs with the LeichTraktor and T-1 Cunningham. I've also attempted purchasing with default ammo, and without crew to no avail.

SiberianExpress #6 Posted May 09 2011 - 20:59

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles
The screenshots don't show your tank carousel, if you already own the tank you can't buy another copy

FinnFann #7 Posted May 09 2011 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles

View PostSiberianExpress, on May 09 2011 - 20:59, said:

The screenshots don't show your tank carousel, if you already own the tank you can't buy another copy

That is the issue. I don't own any, so the carousel by default won't appear. I stated earlier in my post that I sold ALL my tanks one by one, and the game doesn't show the carousel if you have no tanks. You can also see that the store doesn't mark the MS-1 as "IN GARAGE", proving I don't own it. Trust me that I've literally tried everything I'm capable of to fix the problem, and that I've already gone through the "you must not own a tank twice" advice (People were practically yelling that at me on the global chat despite me telling them I've double and triple checked I don't have another copy of it client side). I'm well aware of that fact and made SURE I don't own it twice. So unless I have an invisible, unaccessable copy...I don't own it. You can also see my "Battle" button is grayed out, which only occurs if you have no tank selected. I've also uninstalled the program, wiped all local data I could find (Both in roaming apps and the main folder), and reinstalled so I suspect the error is server side

If need be, I will even post a video to prove that I do not own any tier 1 tanks that I can visibly see or control in any way from client side. I just really want some help with my problem as I truly don't want to just abandon this account over the issue.

SiberianExpress #8 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:06

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles
Thanks, will report the problem to support.

FinnFann #9 Posted May 09 2011 - 22:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles

View PostSiberianExpress, on May 09 2011 - 22:06, said:

Thank you so much. I truly apologize if I seemed a little aggressive or upset in my posts. I know it's your job to ensure that the simplest things have not been overlooked first, and I didn't mean to get uptight about that fact. I have just been really worried about having to start my account over again to have it usable. I'm going to attempt to purchase an ultimate gamer card to at least bypass the issue for now with a tier 2 (hopefully they don't reject that method of payment), but I do hope it would be alright if you kept me up to date regarding the issue, or linked me to somewhere I can keep track of it. Thank you once more, and here's hoping this can be resolved (I'm more worried about problems growing from this rather than just not having access to tier 1).

FinnFann #10 Posted May 10 2011 - 02:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21279 battles

View PostSiberianExpress, on May 09 2011 - 22:06, said:

Strange solution found. Here is what occurred to allow me to purchase tier 1 tanks again:
1) Obtained gold through Ultimate gamer card (1250x2)
2) Converted gold to credits to bring current credit count above 9,000. (Up to nearly 100,000)
3) Converted all accumulated XP to free XP

No idea how this fixed it, but it did. I finally found myself able to purchase the tier 1 tanks again. I'm thinking it may have had something to do with my credits hitting as low as 10 previously. Since that is when this all started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users