Graphics Cards Compatibility?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

kaomera #1 Posted May 10 2011 - 05:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7083 battles
Hi, first of all: apologies if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't find anything that looked more suitable.

I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card, and was looking at the recommended specs in the FAQ. However, I'm not seeming to have any luck finding the listed graphics cards (like: "GeForce 8600GT" or "ATI HD3850") for sale anywhere. I'm sure there's some way to tell which cards would be equal to or better than those listed, but I'm kind of clueless as to how... Also, other than the socket (mine being PCI Express) is there anything else I should be checking as far as compatibility with my system?

Thanx in advance for any replies. =]

hawaiiandude241 #2 Posted May 10 2011 - 05:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14898 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS

View Postkaomera, on May 10 2011 - 05:41, said:

Hi, first of all: apologies if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't find anything that looked more suitable.

I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card, and was looking at the recommended specs in the FAQ. However, I'm not seeming to have any luck finding the listed graphics cards (like: "GeForce 8600GT" or "ATI HD3850") for sale anywhere. I'm sure there's some way to tell which cards would be equal to or better than those listed, but I'm kind of clueless as to how... Also, other than the socket (mine being PCI Express) is there anything else I should be checking as far as compatibility with my system?

Thanx in advance for any replies. =]
I'd look for those cards at Newegg.com. As for comparing them go to gpureview.com, then select compare cards. Then choose both cards and it will shows number ratings, based on that the higher numbered one will perform better.
I'd suggest getting a better then the minimum asked card, maybe like a GT 240 or HD 5450

kaomera #3 Posted May 10 2011 - 06:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7083 battles

View Posthawaiiandude241, on May 10 2011 - 05:50, said:

I'd look for those cards at Newegg.com. As for comparing them go to gpureview.com, then select compare cards. Then choose both cards and it will shows number ratings, based on that the higher numbered one will perform better.
I'd suggest getting a better then the minimum asked card, maybe like a GT 240 or HD 5450
Thank you for the quick response. =]

I've actually tried searching the listed cards on several online stores, but so far I've only come up with other games that also have them as as system requirements. I did get a few good hits on the alternates you suggested tho, and if those are better I should be all set. I'm just unsure how you go about figuring that a "240" is better than a "8600"... I figured it was something like a higher number was better, but I guess not. (Actually, the gpureview.com site you mentioned, which I'm checking out right now, looks like it should clear things up nicely.)

Andernerd #4 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:14

Private

• Players
  • 2658 battles
Personally, I think the clearest way to answer your question is with this chart.  Best graphics cards on top, worst on bottom.  Anything above or parallel to the cards you were looking for should work.

AlbanY #5 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 05:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3455 battles

View PostAndernerd, on May 11 2011 - 16:14, said:

Personally, I think the clearest way to answer your question is with this chart.  Best graphics cards on top, worst on bottom.  Anything above or parallel to the cards you were looking for should work.

This sir helped me a  lot...+1 for ye!