Jump to content


Skirmish 27

Skirmish 27

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 00:15

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24320 battles
  • 4,451
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

 

Group Stage Standings

 

Basic Tournament Information for Skirmish 27:

Please see tournament page for all information

 

  • Team Size: 5 combatants + 3 reserves
  • Map: Redshire Encounter
  • Mode: Encounter
  • Tier Point Limit: 35 points max
  • Tier Limits:
    • This represents the max tier allowed. Teams are allowed to bring lower tiers. 
    • Light: Not allowed
    • Medium: Tier 7
    • Heavy: Tier 7
    • TD: Tier 7
    • SPG: Not allowed
    • Special Restrictions: Must bring at least one heavy tank, medium tank, and TD

 

 

Skirmishes now have three days of group play (Monday-Wednesday) followed by a playoff (Friday-Sunday). Teams can choose to play only in the weekend playoff or participate in group play for better seeding and greater prizing.

 

After completing group play, a standings table will sort all teams across all groups based on points earned against points possible. Prizes are awarded at completion of group play to teams finishing in the top half of the standings. These teams qualify for the Alpha Playoff. All remaining teams qualify for the Bravo Playoff.

 

Alpha Playoff

  • This playoff consists of the top 50% of group play teams who will play for a larger prize pool. Group play performance will determine playoff seeding.

 

Bravo Playoff

  • This playoff consists of all remaining teams and includes teams registering solely for the weekend. These teams will compete for a smaller prize pool and the playoff brackets are not seeded.

 

Both the Alpha & Bravo Playoffs will use multiple brackets holding a maximum of 16 teams. This means multiple winners are awarded prizing for their standing in their respective bracket.

 

Teams and players may only register once for the skirmish.


Edited by dance210, Jul 15 2014 - 16:37.


TermsOfService #2 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 00:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17099 battles
  • 1,577
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012
When I need gold for premium they run a tournament I don't have the best tanks for :(

_Symphony_ #3 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 00:39

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6839 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    06-19-2014

No lights. 

Again.

Thanks WG

 

But Honestly, why do they not allow Lights in these tourneys!? I suspect it may be due to their nature of demolishing everything at their own tier, but they could at least leave room for a T1 or T2 LT as a scout.



rogombor #4 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 06:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26086 battles
  • 482
  • [NBL] NBL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
looks good

Moguai #5 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 07:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 10,136
  • [ATO] ATO
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View Post_Symphony_, on Jul 07 2014 - 16:39, said:

No lights. 

Again.

Thanks WG

 

But Honestly, why do they not allow Lights in these tourneys!? I suspect it may be due to their nature of demolishing everything at their own tier, but they could at least leave room for a T1 or T2 LT as a scout.


Lights are allowed in almost every tournament, this is one of the first that they are not allowed at all.



_Lukaz_ #6 Posted Jul 08 2014 - 09:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32421 battles
  • 749
  • [HOB] HOB
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013
:izmena:

Pirate_with_rum #7 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 03:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12697 battles
  • 5,764
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011
T-34-1s alls I got for this. Not sure how that would work on Redshire Encounter. 

aqollo #8 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 05:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 21725 battles
  • 3,327
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

This one doesn't look too good.

 

3 e-25/su-122-44

1 t29

1 comet

 

Seems to be what will kill in this skirmish

 

No scouts also add to the pain of killing the td.


Edited by aqollo, Jul 09 2014 - 05:22.


lBloodRage #9 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 05:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14389 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
Can you guys be honest, is the Chi-Ri a practical tank to bring?

aqollo #10 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 05:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 21725 battles
  • 3,327
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostlBloodRage, on Jul 08 2014 - 22:25, said:

Can you guys be honest, is the Chi-Ri a practical tank to bring?

 

No, too big means it gets lit and killed immediately.



Pirate_with_rum #11 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 05:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12697 battles
  • 5,764
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

View PostlBloodRage, on Jul 08 2014 - 23:25, said:

Can you guys be honest, is the Chi-Ri a practical tank to bring?

Oh god this post cracked me up. The Chi-Ri is honestly one of the worst tanks in the game imo. While its clip is good, it has less DPM than the regular gun if I recall, so it almost prevents it from being any better. Its lack of pen, mobility, and camo also hurt this tank. I really feel bad for people in this tank, as I know its pain. It does have gun depression going for it, but not enough to make up for the rest of its cons. 



IronHammer1964 #12 Posted Jul 09 2014 - 14:57

    Private

  • Players
  • 9199 battles
  • 3
  • [L13TH] L13TH
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

This sounds like a good deal.If only I could get my entire clan in on it. Can never get more than a 3 man platoon on at any time. Tier 7 units are not a problem. I myself have plenty and in all allowed classes. Will have to do some deal in it to pull all my people in on this

 

                                                                                                                                                       IronHammer.



Jester09 #13 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 00:13

    Private

  • Players
  • 6845 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Hi all!  Our group is looking to participate in this skirmish and have a few questions regarding the mechanics of how many (and when) games we play.  We are looking to do both alpha and beta.

 

So it lists 3 dates for Group Stage 1 thru 3 (Monday - Wed). 

1) Will we fight each night (Monday - wed) win or loose or do we play Monday and if we loose, are we done for the tournament?

2) Depending on the answer above, do we just play one game per night or can we play multiple games per night or a set number determined by the tourney organizers?

 

I didn't see any pinned items in the skirmish forum but if there is a post somewhere that explains that, a link would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks so much and I cant wait to play!

 

Jester



aqollo #14 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 00:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 21725 battles
  • 3,327
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostJester09, on Jul 09 2014 - 17:13, said:

Hi all!  Our group is looking to participate in this skirmish and have a few questions regarding the mechanics of how many (and when) games we play.  We are looking to do both alpha and beta.

 

So it lists 3 dates for Group Stage 1 thru 3 (Monday - Wed). 

1) Will we fight each night (Monday - wed) win or loose or do we play Monday and if we loose, are we done for the tournament?

2) Depending on the answer above, do we just play one game per night or can we play multiple games per night or a set number determined by the tourney organizers?

 

I didn't see any pinned items in the skirmish forum but if there is a post somewhere that explains that, a link would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks so much and I cant wait to play!

 

Jester

 

1) You fight all day in group stage win or lose. Try to get as many wins as possible. The more points you get, the more gold you can win from group stage.

2) You play multiple game per night

 

After group stage you are put into a bracket depending on how well you did.

Now you fight individual teams and compete in a bracket for first place.

In this stage, first team to three victory wins. If you get three win you move on. If you lose on this stage, it's over.



Jester09 #15 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 00:42

    Private

  • Players
  • 6845 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postaqollo, on Jul 10 2014 - 01:18, said:

 

1) You fight all day in group stage win or lose. Try to get as many wins as possible. The more points you get, the more gold you can win from group stage.

2) You play multiple game per night

 

After group stage you are put into a bracket depending on how well you did.

Now you fight individual teams and compete in a bracket for first place.

In this stage, first team to three victory wins. If you get three win you move on. If you lose on this stage, it's over

 

Thanks for the quick response!  A few follow up questions:

1) Is there a limit to how many games we play?  Just as many as we can get in before we get tired for instance?

2) So if group stage 1 starts at 22:00 on Monday night, we can play 1 or multiple games (as many as we want?).  Then we can do the same thing on Tuesday for group stage 2, etc.? 

3) The bracket info makes sense and that's for the weekend (beta), correct?

 

Thanks again!!

 

Jester

 

 



aqollo #16 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 01:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 21725 battles
  • 3,327
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostJester09, on Jul 09 2014 - 17:42, said:

 

Thanks for the quick response!  A few follow up questions:

1) Is there a limit to how many games we play?  Just as many as we can get in before we get tired for instance?

2) So if group stage 1 starts at 22:00 on Monday night, we can play 1 or multiple games (as many as we want?).  Then we can do the same thing on Tuesday for group stage 2, etc.? 

3) The bracket info makes sense and that's for the weekend (beta), correct?

 

Thanks again!!

 

Jester

 

 

 

1) For group stage usually it last 1.2 hrs with fights every 12 minutes.

Pretty sure the tie limit is 25 in bracket stage. I once tried to reach that limit, failed at 22 ties xd.

2) You play against a bunch of random teams. I think you fight 8 teams? Might vary

 


Edited by aqollo, Jul 10 2014 - 01:02.


dance210 #17 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 01:01

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24320 battles
  • 4,451
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostJester09, on Jul 09 2014 - 16:42, said:

 

Thanks for the quick response!  A few follow up questions:

1) Is there a limit to how many games we play?  Just as many as we can get in before we get tired for instance?

2) So if group stage 1 starts at 22:00 on Monday night, we can play 1 or multiple games (as many as we want?).  Then we can do the same thing on Tuesday for group stage 2, etc.? 

3) The bracket info makes sense and that's for the weekend (beta), correct?

 

Thanks again!!

 

Jester

 

 

 

Hi Jester!

 

Each round of the group stage has a set number of battles. For the group stage, we cap it at 8 teams, so a maximum of 7 battles can be played. Battles are 12 minutes apart, so a normal battle schedule would look like this (all times are Pacific):

  • 19:00
  • 19:12
  • 19:24
  • 19:36
  • 19:48
  • 20:00
  • 20:12

 

Again, this is the battle schedule for Mon, Tues, and Wed group stage.

 

Correct, the bracket playoffs take place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Edit: For the playoffs, the maximum number of battles is 10, which is ~2 hours.

 

Hope this makes sense!


Edited by dance210, Jul 10 2014 - 01:03.


Jester09 #18 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 01:15

    Private

  • Players
  • 6845 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Awesome!  Thanks for all the answers and I will start gathering our team together.

 

See you all next week!!



bygyas #19 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 05:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20334 battles
  • 247
  • [-RUN-] -RUN-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostIronHammer1964, on Jul 09 2014 - 15:57, said:

This sounds like a good deal.If only I could get my entire clan in on it. Can never get more than a 3 man platoon on at any time. Tier 7 units are not a problem. I myself have plenty and in all allowed classes. Will have to do some deal in it to pull all my people in on this

 

                                                                                                                                                       IronHammer.

your welcome to join my team bro.........



erestorim #20 Posted Jul 14 2014 - 16:43

    Private

  • Players
  • 10646 battles
  • 2
  • [V3] V3
  • Member since:
    06-01-2013

Hi,

When will we know if our team was accepted to the tournament?







Also tagged with Skirmish 27

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users