Tier 1 T ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Broncs #1 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 9957 battles
  • [1REC] 1REC
Last night on at least 3 different occasions in T1 battles, half my team felt the need to randomly fire their guns as soon as the battle started?!? This led to team hits which in turn led to inter team battles and ultimately  TK's and a slew of of cursing and arguing between participants, friends clan mates etc. I won't ask why, I know it's butt hurt children since I have so far never seen this in higher tier battles! Please people no good comes of this and it is no help to you're team at all!

I'm sure this has all been said before but I couldn't believe it happens in 3 battles in a row!!!!!

tankboy1138 #2 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:47

Captain

• Players
  • 12935 battles
  • [TB] TB
part of it may be using slide-pads on laptops, as that occasionally causes a mis-fire. But I think it's mainly idiots that first hop in a tank, and want to shoot something. it ends up a disaster...

stickjock #3 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT

View PostBroncs, on May 10 2011 - 17:46, said:

Last night on at least 3 different occasions in T1 battles, half my team felt the need to randomly fire their guns as soon as the battle started?!? This led to team hits which in turn led to inter team battles and ultimately  TK's and a slew of of cursing and arguing between participants, friends clan mates etc. I won't ask why, I know it's butt hurt children since I have so far never seen this in higher tier battles! Please people no good comes of this and it is no help to you're team at all!

I'm sure this has all been said before but I couldn't believe it happens in 3 battles in a row!!!!!

Someone (hardicon possibly) mentioned in another thread that it could just be due to Tier 1, mostly beginner players and that they don't KNOW any better... possibly thinking the game is a free-for-all shoot-out rather than a team based game... Dunno...

All I know is that my one and only encounter with TK'in came from Tier 1 fights when I first started a few weeks ago... since then, I've seen accidental TK's (and only a few of those)... so it DOES get better...

amazingronaldo #4 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:52

Captain

• Players
  • 14935 battles
  • [IA] IA
I have seen the random firing in higher tier battles too. Usually they are shooting at the enemy flag and hope to ding someone out of the chute. Sometimes they just fire into the ground though, which makes me wonder if they are just trying to load out their HE or AP rounds instead of what they started with, and don't know if you hit the number twice it loads out the round you want right away. That is purely conjecture on my part but it is that or they just like losing money lol.

amazingronaldo #5 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:54

Captain

• Players
  • 14935 battles
  • [IA] IA

View Poststickjock, on May 10 2011 - 17:50, said:

possibly thinking the game is a free-for-all shoot-out rather than a team based game

Haha I ran into this the other night. Guy asked at the start "ok do we all just start shooting each other now?" Meaning all of us on the same team. I said no, shoot the red guys. He said "Ooooh ok, thx."

Skrub #6 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:08

Private

• Players
  • 664 battles
TBH, I didn't know how any of it worked when I started because there really is no rulebook that is easily accessible for a new player.
I didn't shoot anyone at the start and kind of fell into learning things on my own, but I have been shot at the start by someone. I have also been guilty of moving into the line of fire and being TK'd and also of lobbing a shell at an enemy only to wind up killing one on my team because they were humping each other (thats what it looked like). I didn't apologize because I was busy lining up my next shot and didn't have time to type.
I clicked the checkbox for voice to be enabled, but I have never heard anyone say anything and don't know if it even works.
There are many things that new players don't know when they first start out and some of it is quite entertaining.

Viper69 #7 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
I think honestly it may be kids playing. I know a parent probably puts the game in front of his young kid and lets them drive tanks. My cousin lets his 5yr old play BF1942 and he is constantly getting kicked for knifing friendlies.

Broncs #8 Posted May 10 2011 - 18:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 9957 battles
  • [1REC] 1REC

View PostSkrub, on May 10 2011 - 18:08, said:

TBH, I didn't know how any of it worked when I started because there really is no rulebook that is easily accessible for a new player.
I didn't shoot anyone at the start and kind of fell into learning things on my own, but I have been shot at the start by someone. I have also been guilty of moving into the line of fire and being TK'd and also of lobbing a shell at an enemy only to wind up killing one on my team because they were humping each other (thats what it looked like). I didn't apologize because I was busy lining up my next shot and didn't have time to type.
I clicked the checkbox for voice to be enabled, but I have never heard anyone say anything and don't know if it even works.
There are many things that new players don't know when they first start out and some of it is quite entertaining.

I was new two weeks ago and have never randomly fired my gun, in my very first game common sense and the match up screen told me that the tanks around me as the timer counted down were on my team and not the enemy, and I as everyone else had no instruction manual!

Ricox #9 Posted May 10 2011 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX
I personally just sometimes shoot 1 shell into the sky because I love the sound of some cannons, especially the high-tier ones that make sounds that would be terrifying IRL (because logically you wouldn't get scared by hearing such cannon fire in a video game).

Broncs #10 Posted May 10 2011 - 19:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 9957 battles
  • [1REC] 1REC

View PostRicox, on May 10 2011 - 19:11, said:

I personally just sometimes shoot 1 shell into the sky because I love the sound of some cannons, especially the high-tier ones that make sounds that would be terrifying IRL (because logically you wouldn't get scared by hearing such cannon fire in a video game).

Not really terrifying more just plain miserable! I have never been next to a tank that is firing but I was close to 120mm mortars and you have to plug your ears but remember to keep your mouth open to still keep your ear drums from blowing and every part of you're body feels the concussion!

Terrifying is being the target of a mortar attack and hearing the impacts but not being able to tell where there hitting because there is no Hollywood fireball explosion :)

Viper69 #11 Posted May 10 2011 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Its the mortar you dont hear is the scary one.

stickjock #12 Posted May 10 2011 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT

View PostBroncs, on May 10 2011 - 19:25, said:

Not really terrifying more just plain miserable! I have never been next to a tank that is firing but I was close to 120mm mortars and you have to plug your ears but remember to keep your mouth open to still keep your ear drums from blowing and every part of you're body feels the concussion!

Terrifying is being the target of a mortar attack and hearing the impacts but not being able to tell where there hitting because there is no Hollywood fireball explosion :)

Inside the turret when your tank fires is the place to be!!  Former 19K (M1 Tanker)... live fire exercises where incredible... when I was in, we had the older M1A1's with just a 105mm not the 120's the A2's have but still.  Hit the knee switch to open the ammo door on your right, slap a round into your hands, dip it down and throw it into the breech and throw back the safty arm (acts to deflect the shell casing downward when it comes out of the breech) and get small away from the breech.  

Commander gives the order "Gunner, Sabot, Tank", resounding "Identified" from the gunner followed quickly by an "Up" from the loader letting the rest of the crew know the main gun is ready to fire... "FIRE" from the TC...

Main gun ROCKS the tank backwards (60tons remember), the concusion, ugh, you can just feel it punching you and the breech jumps back about 2 feet ejecting the shell casing...

One target down, more to go... There's nothing like it...

Viper69 #13 Posted May 10 2011 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
I can only imagine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users