Do you have poor stats?

wn8 personal rating WR

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Sierra2_1Alpha #21 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 21:48

Captain

• Players
  • 7330 battles

My stats are MY problem, I know this.  But I get tired of people with 15-20000 more games than me throwing out my stats like I have nothing to contribute.  My stats suck...according to XVM, WoT, and WotLabs and Wot Statistics.  Cool sites for tracking stats. But guess what I learned?  Those sites don't track EVERYTHING I've been doing. 

Out of 4000 battles I can honestly say that more than HALF have been as a scout.  These stat sites do not count assisted damage, spotting, and spotting damage;  only the damage you do and the tanks you kill.  

At least two thirds of the rest have been in TDs, where I don't even TRY for the kill shot anymore.  I take at most TWO shots at an enemy and then scoot my butt somewhere else.  You get no more XP or silver for getting the kill shot than you would for damaging them to the point where someone else can have whats left....whats left is usually around 1/3 to 1/4 of where they started, giving you that easy kill to add to your stats. 

I know this argument isn't going to change the STAT mongers minds, I don't really care.  And please, feel free to continue to throw my stats in my face every time I choose to disagree with you or offer an opinion contrary to yours.  But do you know whats REALLY important?  I am constantly improving in both my chosen fields, scouting and TDs.  I may not have your stats YET. But like everything else, it takes time.  Come to that I bet YOUR stats weren't that good at 4K games either.

aswitz87 #22 Posted Jul 10 2014 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View PostSierra2_1Alpha, on Jul 10 2014 - 16:48, said:

My stats are MY problem, I know this.  But I get tired of people with 15-20000 more games than me throwing out my stats like I have nothing to contribute.  My stats suck...according to XVM, WoT, and WotLabs and Wot Statistics.  Cool sites for tracking stats. But guess what I learned?  Those sites don't track EVERYTHING I've been doing. 

Out of 4000 battles I can honestly say that more than HALF have been as a scout.  These stat sites do not count assisted damage, spotting, and spotting damage;  only the damage you do and the tanks you kill.  

At least two thirds of the rest have been in TDs, where I don't even TRY for the kill shot anymore.  I take at most TWO shots at an enemy and then scoot my butt somewhere else.  You get no more XP or silver for getting the kill shot than you would for damaging them to the point where someone else can have whats left....whats left is usually around 1/3 to 1/4 of where they started, giving you that easy kill to add to your stats. 

I know this argument isn't going to change the STAT mongers minds, I don't really care.  And please, feel free to continue to throw my stats in my face every time I choose to disagree with you or offer an opinion contrary to yours.  But do you know whats REALLY important?  I am constantly improving in both my chosen fields, scouting and TDs.  I may not have your stats YET. But like everything else, it takes time.  Come to that I bet YOUR stats weren't that good at 4K games either.

My only comment on this is, I'm pretty sure those stat sites would love to include scouting stuff.  But they can't, because WG has not released that information in the API.

SirMuttonChops #23 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 15:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7086 battles

Yep, I have bad stats, but whatev, I don't sweat it.

I find the tank that I'm most comfortable with and enjoy playing, currently being the t28 (you have high expectations to meet eventually-to-be-mine T95!...plus I might stop the grind there, haven't decided yet) and work on it's stats and they're gradually improving. From before when I had about .75 kill/death ratio and about a likewise damage dealt/received ration on the T28, they have now both climbed over 1 which is fine by me. My damage dealt per match is also increasing, and though it's average is only 944 per match on the T28, it's still gradually increasing.

If I can get 2 or 3 kills before being destroyed, or dealing atleast 1500 damage to help my team, I'm happy with that...provided the team is full of competent players, not 1337 players or pro players, just players that understand the game and that can provide the support and team work a T28 needs.

Edited by SirMuttonChops, Jul 11 2014 - 15:01.

mbxchips #24 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 16:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 8637 battles

in this game that we love and hate so much, everyone is entitled to play and move up the tiers as they so wish to.  with that being said, i have to admit it is pretty frustrating at times, and tend to blame the bad players on the team. I just forget about the stats, win %, wn8 whatever and I tend to enjoy the game and actually do better.  However, no matter how hard i try to have fun, The streaks, those damn streaks of losses is what eventually sends the patience gauge down to empty and start the flaming all over again.  Step back, take a break grab a drink, watch a show. It tends to fade pretty quickly.  The winning streaks DO come, afterall.  At the end of the day, its a freaking game for entertainment.  And 2-5 years down the line, who really gives a crap about ur stats?  Unless ur planning to go Pro, stats are a bragging right. That's it. 

And besides, u have to admit, when u have the unicums on ur side and a sea of red on the other at high tiers, ur confidence sky rockets and u know that ur x2 for that tank is pretty much guarunteed and the FUN factor goes up. :) but not for those other guys on the other team.  Have fun dude...

LagKills #25 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 20:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3138 battles
i let my cat play this game. he does alright though.

kmanweiss #26 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 14718 battles
  • [CRIT] CRIT

View PostSierra2_1Alpha, on Jul 10 2014 - 22:48, said:

Poor stats show a poor understanding of the game.  Your opinion should kind of matter less because you really don't understand whats going on in the first place.  Harsh, but true (to a point).

It would be like a first year medical student telling a world class surgeon how to do his job.  The student doesn't have enough knowledge and experience to know better than the experienced surgeon.  Rough analogy, but you get the point.

Players with high numbers of games really shouldn't use stats against players with lower numbers of games though.

But that doesn't mean people can't tell a lot about a player by their stats.

You for instance don't understand the basics of the Wn8 system or the game for that matter.  Your recent Wn8 stats for instance are deep red.  You blame your choice of tanks, but thats nonsense.  Wn8 is tank per tank.  A light doesn't need to get a lot of dmg to get an average wn8.  And a light should be doing some damage.  Due to the recent MM changes, light tanks should be getting even better stats as it should be even easier to get high Wn8s.

Take a look at Lagkills.  Half as many games, about the same percentage in lights, and his Wn8 is 3 times higher than yours.  His cat is pretty fine light tanker.  I'd trust his cat's opinion on light tanks more so than yours.  And I don't even mind him using his cat in this manner.  My commanding officer is 2 years old.  He tells me which tanks to play, where to go, and what to shoot.  I wish he'd stop telling me to shoot so many houses and cars though as I think it's hurting my hit%.

Your stats are your problem.  No arguement there.  But you don't seem to believe it yourself.

When you blame your lack of experience, number of games, the types of tanks you play, the MM, or any other issue for your low stat, you have basically given up on improving.  There's always some reason besides yourself that your stats are bad, so no reason to improve.

I'm not a stat monger, but at 4k games, my stats were much better.  Your overall win is 47%, mine was 52%.  Your overall Wn8 is 328, mine was 1148.  Also, at that time, my light tanks made up rougly 1/3 of my games.  You can see that the M5 Stuart is still my 2nd most played tank.  I stopped playing lights about that time (not for stat purposes, but just because the lights were an means to an end, not an end in-and-of themselves).

Your skills and abilities however are NOT just your problem.  They are also a problem for your 14 teammates.  If you are catching grief in your T6/7 matches, there is a good reason for it.  You are likely to drag your team down because you lack the skills to be in those tiers.

I hope you will improve your skills.  I hope you'll go out of your way to try very hard at it instead of letting it passively build over time.

Slntreaper #27 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 21:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10500 battles

when ur playing tanks, know ur tank

I started out bad b/c i just rushed at the beginning of the game.

in my opinion, u just need to know ur tank to play at tier 10.

LanterneRouge #28 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 22:15

Captain

• Players
  • 36033 battles
I dont think you should be telling people what they should/shouldn't play. If someone wants to grind up and be a tomato in their tier 10 and has fun doing it then more power to them. 

Staff_Sergeant_Walker #29 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 23:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12913 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

View Postpakeha, on Jul 09 2014 - 18:12, said:

Hey now! that is a bit rough O man with low ping!

I game with a chap who has a ping of 300 to 350 - he is pretty good and has good stats (above average).  It does not stop your game, nor does it mean you can't do well, just changes your style.

Ahh, why not start another account for your kids? 

If you can scrape up a few dollars for another 'adequate' PC it can be a lot of fun platooning with your kid - a bit of father son bonding time.  I enjoy that time (which is not often enough since my boy joined the Services).

That's exactly what I did. He has his own account now.But improving the stats is not an easy thing. It takes time :)

LanterneRouge #30 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 23:13

Captain

• Players
  • 36033 battles

View PostStaff_Sergeant_Walker, on Jul 12 2014 - 00:10, said:

That's exactly what I did. He has his own account now.But improving the stats is not an easy thing. It takes time :)

I went the extra computer route for my son. Granted he gets like 25fps at low quality but he's happy. Helps that he's 6. I dont think I could handle sharing an account with him. 

Angry_Ray #31 Posted Jul 11 2014 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6281 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Jul 09 2014 - 12:43, said:

Poor computer (six yr old) and a ton of internet sharing in the house.. 6 phones, 8 computers, ps3, ...  stats reflect those.  *sigh*

ThominOH #32 Posted Jul 12 2014 - 00:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles
A shrink would have a field day analyzing online computer game behavior..  I wonder what my lifetime stats are with the game "Sorry and Monopoly'?  Wait, does anyone even care..  Get the idea?

ThominOH #33 Posted Jul 12 2014 - 00:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles

View PostLanterneRouge, on Jul 12 2014 - 00:13, said:

I went the extra computer route for my son. Granted he gets like 25fps at low quality but he's happy. Helps that he's 6. I dont think I could handle sharing an account with him. 

And how much does a T8 premium like your IS6 cost?   I'm just curious..

Roadhardputawaywet #34 Posted Jul 12 2014 - 16:36

Captain

• Players
  • 496 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO

View PostThominOH, on Jul 11 2014 - 16:33, said:

A shrink would have a field day analyzing online computer game behavior..  I wonder what my lifetime stats are with the game "Sorry and Monopoly'?  Wait, does anyone even care..  Get the idea?

Dude you are missing the point - effort, time, and yes money goes into playing this game well!

Yesterday it happen again the top tier 10's on my team had wn8's in and around 500. 2 e100's, 1 e5 and 2 is7's - come on what the heck? I want you guys to just imagine what happen - In less than 5 minutes our team was rolled. Everyone of those players had damage of less than 1000, I am in my is6 and did over 3k damage with 2 kills and over 1k in assisted damage.

Look I am not trying to bag on peeps learning the game - but these are tier 10 matches. Why would you want to fail so badly in a top tier tank. I would lay odds these players are not playing with fully trained crews, maybe one skill and equipment - doubtful, fire a prem round never - you are a noob if you do that?

FYI I was bitched at by 3 of these guys at the end for firing prem ammo - "Will he is firing Gold no wonder he did so good" - wth

This is the problem with team based games - where some of the team just simply does not care or most likely has no clue!

Very frustrating!

ChzBrgr1 #35 Posted Jul 12 2014 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33741 battles
A simple solution to your problem:  Quit giving a crapabout what others say or think.  It shouldn't surprise you that there are ddiicckkss out there.  Ignore it or throw it back in their face.

ThominOH #36 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 01:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Jul 12 2014 - 17:36, said:

Dude you are missing the point - effort, time, and yes money goes into playing this game well!

Yesterday it happen again the top tier 10's on my team had wn8's in and around 500. 2 e100's, 1 e5 and 2 is7's - come on what the heck? I want you guys to just imagine what happen - In less than 5 minutes our team was rolled. Everyone of those players had damage of less than 1000, I am in my is6 and did over 3k damage with 2 kills and over 1k in assisted damage.

Look I am not trying to bag on peeps learning the game - but these are tier 10 matches. Why would you want to fail so badly in a top tier tank. I would lay odds these players are not playing with fully trained crews, maybe one skill and equipment - doubtful, fire a prem round never - you are a noob if you do that?

FYI I was bitched at by 3 of these guys at the end for firing prem ammo - "Will he is firing Gold no wonder he did so good" - wth

This is the problem with team based games - where some of the team just simply does not care or most likely has no clue!

Very frustrating!

No.. I'm not missing the point..  Not everyone views entertainment the same as you do ..  In fact it is my goal to enjoy more YOLO'ing then ever, and if that means teammates get a little peeved at me.. OH well :tongue: I actually can see why some might actually enjoy "tanking" the team and forcing a loss on others that are so OCD..   I really don't care anymore about winning or losing..

Udied #37 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 09:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 15299 battles

How you all doing,

I love the Game, I even spend money on it.  Although I know well what it's like to play non premium.  My stats suck - I know that.  But to be fair, I am a slow learner.  I am very much put off when other people judge me because of my stats,  I only play random games because I do not have the time to do anything else.  I have lost many battles because of others whom thrash about playing whatever style, but I accept that and don't dis others out because they don't have great stats.

I have many tanks that I had to work hard at, because I can't always afford to even have a premium, let alone buying XP.  I do have a lot of premiums which helps in those times I can't afford - BUT - then you get people who dis you out for playing in a premium as well.  As soon as I start seeing that stat quoters and cry babies judging others - I pretty much just want out of that game ... 

Some people also just want to play for fun - I am in the middle - I play how I feel.  Sometimes I want to work hard ... during those times I type to communicate and watch the map and play a smart as I can - but again - as soon as I am judged on stats - I really do lose interest in that round ... and sometimes the game.

Check my stats out - add me as a friend ... invite me to platoon ... I'd like to get better, but really don't have the time to study as others do.  I usually play better when people work as a team - so many cry babies out their always blaming others and citing how they have a stat reader and some degree in WOTs ...

Congratulations - Passes you a badge ... but please stop with the crying and let others - just enjoy the game.  Don't play random - go sit in a line or start you own cult - but as for others who could care less about your WOT stats ... just leave those others the *&^% alone! 

Sigh - and their off ladies and gentleman, such and such is loading up the stats reader whiles thousand more a loading up - loading.... loading ---- and the stats are in ... Well surprise surprise what do you know - Who gives a flying &^%$!  - 

Edited by Udied, Jul 13 2014 - 10:09.

IMA_RANDOM_BAD_PLAYER_GG #38 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 09:59

Major

• Players
  • 39291 battles
yes but I solo 99 percent of the time, no stat padding here.

IMA_RANDOM_BAD_PLAYER_GG #39 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 10:04

Major

• Players
  • 39291 battles

View PostThominOH, on Jul 12 2014 - 19:06, said:

No.. I'm not missing the point..  Not everyone views entertainment the same as you do ..  In fact it is my goal to enjoy more YOLO'ing then ever, and if that means teammates get a little peeved at me.. OH well :tongue: I actually can see why some might actually enjoy "tanking" the team and forcing a loss on others that are so OCD..   I really don't care anymore about winning or losing..

oh please, you haven't even made it past 10,000 battles.

Udied #40 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 10:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 15299 battles
Nice to see others enjoying the game.  That is encouraging - and in my book they make great platoon mates :) 

Also tagged with wn8, personal rating, WR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users