wn8 personal rating WR

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Pz_Beginner #41 Posted Jul 13 2014 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7609 battles

I agree with OP.

I had just started doing well in my lower tiers (IV and V), then took a nose dive moving up to VI and VII...

I realize I'm not ready yet to move up and will probably go back down to V and may be run some VI's in TC's.

ThominOH #42 Posted Jul 14 2014 - 09:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles

View PostCasual_Tanker, on Jul 13 2014 - 11:04, said:

oh please, you haven't even made it past 10,000 battles.

and what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? 

Overlord_of_Terranova #43 Posted Jul 14 2014 - 20:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8931 battles

I have usually 80ms, dropping to 60 and up to 100, but in some battles, regardless of the ping, I get terrible lag (like it freezes for 5-10 seconds, and no it's not my computer).  Does anyone know anything about this?

aswitz87 #44 Posted Jul 14 2014 - 22:56

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View PostOverlord_of_Terranova, on Jul 14 2014 - 15:38, said:

Seems to not be quoting... but here goes.

Two possibilities I see (may be more).

1) while having a great connection speed, your connection is losing packets along the way.  There are sites to test this on but I'm not sure which off the top of my head.

2) Your Windows and/or WoT hard drive is having read issues, causing stuttering even with a great connection.  I only know of one person who had this, turned out their disk was dying.

LanterneRouge #45 Posted Jul 15 2014 - 05:44

Captain

• Players
  • 35585 battles

View PostThominOH, on Jul 12 2014 - 01:38, said:

And how much does a T8 premium like your IS6 cost?   I'm just curious..

Thanks for the vacation, Thom. When you don't have an argument just make the other side go away. 

What does that have to do with my statement:

I went the extra computer route for my son. Granted he gets like 25fps at low quality but he's happy. Helps that he's 6. I dont think I could handle sharing an account with him. 

HooplaJones #46 Posted Jul 15 2014 - 10:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24346 battles

View PostStaff_Sergeant_Walker, on Jul 09 2014 - 18:50, said:

I share my account with my 8 year old son (even though he has his own account he prefers my tanks :)) This of course reflects badly on my stats. I only have 2 Tier X's. Most of the tanks I use the most often are Tier VIII and Tier IX.  However, I will not stop pubbing in Tier X matches and more often than not I will rank in the top 3 xpers. I have killed my share of Tier X greens and always laugh when I hear: You're orange. You cheated! Reported!

I know a lot of players use stats to judge a player's skills but I know for a fact they can be misleading. Also, when I play my Tiger 1 and IS, at least 2 games out of 5 will be in Tier X matches. :tongue:

You know I've always tried to imagine what it would be like if IRL every tank had a colour tag hovering above it This is one is green! Run! Or this one is red: attack! It is interesting that players refer to reds as tomatoes. Isn't a tomato ripe when it's red? When it's green it's not ready.

AHHH HA!   You are violating the terms of EULA.  You are not to share an account!

aswitz87 #47 Posted Jul 15 2014 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View PostHooplaJones, on Jul 15 2014 - 05:32, said:

AHHH HA!   You are violating the terms of EULA.  You are not to share an account!

[content moderated -insults]

~GM/Mod Teams

Kuhnini #48 Posted Jul 15 2014 - 20:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 7712 battles

I agree with the OP when he says stay away from the upper tiers if you have bad stats...kinda.  I would suggest you stay away until you know what you are getting in to.  I make no bones about it my stats are bad.  I have what I believe are valid reasons (excuses if you wish) that add to my stats being bad.  I will get to that in a moment.  However, to even think of getting a tier 8, 9, or 10 tank there are a few things to consider.  Tier 8, 9, and 10 tanks are expensive to operate.  In a tier 8 tank you can get blown up, happen to not deal out much damage nor have a kill, and your team win the match and still lose 10,000 credits and that is only in tier 8!  Do that a few times and it starts making a difference in your credits count.

Also you must take in to consideration if you pay to play or not.  Do you buy gold?  Are you a premium account?  If not, the upper tier experience will be even more painful if you are not ready for it.  I have never paid a penny on anything in this game and I believe it has affected my stats in an unfavorable way more than most players who have good stats will allow me to claim.  I used my gold and any gold I had codes for on converting free experience to help me not have to run a stock tank right out of the box.  That method rarely works on upper tiers and the time spent grinding for the best gun or other modules you need on your upper tier tanks is very painful and you stats pay dearly for it not to mention the constant barrage of insults from your teammates in upper tier battles.

Yes, the OP is right from his standpoint of how painful it is for him, a regular upper tier player, but I suggest it is even more painful for the person who is not prepared for it.  It can be so brutal for a player who gets there too fast and is not prepared that you may decide to quit the game. 

Roadhardputawaywet #49 Posted Jul 17 2014 - 15:26

Captain

• Players
  • 441 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO

View PostKuhnini, on Jul 15 2014 - 12:30, said:

I agree with the OP when he says stay away from the upper tiers if you have bad stats...kinda.  I would suggest you stay away until you know what you are getting in to.  I make no bones about it my stats are bad.  I have what I believe are valid reasons (excuses if you wish) that add to my stats being bad.  I will get to that in a moment.  However, to even think of getting a tier 8, 9, or 10 tank there are a few things to consider.  Tier 8, 9, and 10 tanks are expensive to operate.  In a tier 8 tank you can get blown up, happen to not deal out much damage nor have a kill, and your team win the match and still lose 10,000 credits and that is only in tier 8!  Do that a few times and it starts making a difference in your credits count.

Also you must take in to consideration if you pay to play or not.  Do you buy gold?  Are you a premium account?  If not, the upper tier experience will be even more painful if you are not ready for it.  I have never paid a penny on anything in this game and I believe it has affected my stats in an unfavorable way more than most players who have good stats will allow me to claim.  I used my gold and any gold I had codes for on converting free experience to help me not have to run a stock tank right out of the box.  That method rarely works on upper tiers and the time spent grinding for the best gun or other modules you need on your upper tier tanks is very painful and you stats pay dearly for it not to mention the constant barrage of insults from your teammates in upper tier battles.

Yes, the OP is right from his standpoint of how painful it is for him, a regular upper tier player, but I suggest it is even more painful for the person who is not prepared for it.  It can be so brutal for a player who gets there too fast and is not prepared that you may decide to quit the game. 

In addition to understanding the base economics of the game, when you don't play at a level that supports the team to victory - not only are you losing credits, but you are losing credits and XP for your entire team.

Watching a 500 wn8 Batchat (the teams only Med) snipe at the spawn behind a TD in a El Haluf battle is enough to make you punch the screen. But he said he had Binoc's - so its ok?:facepalm:

Thekwreck #50 Posted Jul 18 2014 - 19:18

Private

• Players
  • 19947 battles
  • [SATR] SATR

My stats are bad, but that because I play with a average 750ms ping. Its satellite but consistent, you learn to adjust with the lag, and lead far ahead of another tank, and you learn to position your armor to take the first hit. I would be exited having even a 400ms or 500ms ping, but hey after 5000 games I am getting use to it and at least the actual package loss is minimal. (Red light occurrs occassionally)  On a few occasion I have even got over 2000 damage and once up to 4000, and am pretty good with arty...and no, I am not going uninstall!....WOT fan

Praematura #51 Posted Jul 19 2014 - 16:37

Captain

• Players
  • 49961 battles

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Jul 09 2014 - 18:36, said:

Look I started as a noob, became less noob like and am now I am ok/good.

It took lots of hard work, listening to other great players, CW'ing, TC'ing, reading the blogs and watching videos......!

I am not going to claim I am great, or even pretty good, But I can tell you what my experience has offered insight to!

Many of you need to stop playing higher than tier eight.  If you have below a 1000 wn8 or less than a 5000 PR then you are not ready to play tier 10's. I am sorry but it is simply an observable fact.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have struggled to increase my skill and stats to see them washed away by team mates who simply lack the skill to play competently at high tiers.

With XVM you can clearly see that there are more and more players (I would estimate that there are now 1000's and 1000's of you) who have either bot'ed to a tier 10 or completely yolo'ed.

Trust me when I tell you the game does not just out of the blue become more fun or easier in a tier nine or 10 if you just blindly grind one out.

So please people and you know who you are, go to wotlabs.net - watch the streams, read the guides: http://forum.wotlabs...-helpful-links/

Play lower tier tanks and work on skills, join a good starter clan with a more skilled sister clan, play TC's and Team Matches, and CW - In my opinion fighting in CW's teaches you many important skills that spill over to pub play.

But stop - Stop - STOP pubbing in tier tens when you know you are not ready. You are killing me metaphysically, you are f'ing with my calm and ruining my day! 

Players do have a certain expectation of competence at tier x. At that tier, especially in a heavy you are expected to know your tanks role and the respective lane you should go. At lower tiers you are free to yolo without grief but if your the only E100 in a tier x match and you yolo it hurts the teams chance to win.

Roadhardputawaywet #52 Posted Jul 19 2014 - 16:55

Captain

• Players
  • 441 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO

View PostThekwreck, on Jul 18 2014 - 11:18, said:

My stats are bad, but that because I play with a average 750ms ping. Its satellite but consistent, you learn to adjust with the lag, and lead far ahead of another tank, and you learn to position your armor to take the first hit. I would be exited having even a 400ms or 500ms ping, but hey after 5000 games I am getting use to it and at least the actual package loss is minimal. (Red light occurrs occassionally)  On a few occasion I have even got over 2000 damage and once up to 4000, and am pretty good with arty...and no, I am not going uninstall!....WOT fan

:facepalm:

_WarMachine #53 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 00:15

Captain

• Players
  • 22264 battles

@Op, its worthless trying to post about this because most of the people that need to read this are not because they are clueless about forums and about what to do to get better which is use forums to learn and watch many many videos and then put it to practice.

What needs to happen is WG needs to build more incentive for people to want to get better. I am improving a lot and slowly moving up to tier 10 battles but im mostly playing tier 8-9 now till I get even more better. I play mostly solo and its very hard to improve winning %, I get stuck on too many bad teams and I do carry sometimes.

I do agree with you, its very frustrating when there is clueless players in high tiers. Nothing worst then when I do 3k-5k damage in my tier 9 and someone in a tier 10 on my team does 0 to 1k damage.

Edited by _NeLLy_, Jul 20 2014 - 00:16.

ThominOH #54 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 10:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles
     The thing is Nelly..   This is a GAME.. = entertainment.. Like many games I play in life, rather it be Monopoly, Sorry, Checkers, Golf, Poker, etc etc, I and many don't care if we "get better" or not..  Many may view this game as some realistic counter to competitive sport, since they failed in REAL sports in life, but I and many don't..  I heard all this before in World of Warcraft too.. The simple truth is that it's just entertainment and everyone has a different definition of what that is..  Today it might be winning, Tomorrow it might be YOLO'ing to annoy..  Next week I may not want to play at all..

Roadhardputawaywet #55 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 441 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO

View PostThominOH, on Jul 20 2014 - 02:15, said:

The thing is Nelly..   This is a GAME.. = entertainment.. Like many games I play in life, rather it be Monopoly, Sorry, Checkers, Golf, Poker, etc etc, I and many don't care if we "get better" or not..  Many may view this game as some realistic counter to competitive sport, since they failed in REAL sports in life, but I and many don't..  I heard all this before in World of Warcraft too.. The simple truth is that it's just entertainment and everyone has a different definition of what that is..  Today it might be winning, Tomorrow it might be YOLO'ing to annoy..  Next week I may not want to play at all..

Why are you here? Why post on this topic? You have no tier 10's or even 9's, one tier 8. Please yolo on or not play! You seem to be very good at it.

LanterneRouge #56 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 18:17

Captain

• Players
  • 35585 battles

View PostThominOH, on Jul 20 2014 - 11:15, said:

This is such a well worn and incorrect view. There are plenty of people who are successful at other things in life who care about their performance in a video game. I would argue that those accustomed to success in other things are more concerned with it in a game. 

I wasn't going to stoop this low but w/e. I care about video game performance. I qualified for the us open in swimming, did triathlons, successfully, cat 2 cyclist, sub 18min 5k. Anything I want to do wrt to sports I can do. In addition to being successful in my work life. 

Just get off the "can't be good at other things so is good at video games" wagon. 

Why DO you post here Thom? Every post is just "I don't care about the game". If you don't care, don't post. 

Lanterne - want to see my dd214 too?

Edited by LanterneRouge, Jul 20 2014 - 18:18.

Niijima_Makoto #57 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 22001 battles
  • [MIKU] MIKU

Which PR we talking about?

Noobmeter's PR you are are at 1592 in last 1000 battles.

M1A2_Tank_Commander #58 Posted Jul 21 2014 - 04:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 33415 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT
~~
The spotting in this game sucks.

Dday41 #59 Posted Jul 21 2014 - 08:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 24848 battles

guys , stats dont mean very much , stats do show improvement , but only if your playing for your stats only , a very important  part of wot gaming is team work , yes your stats will show your kills and damage , it will even show improved technique , but here are some things stats never show , like how you helped the entire team WIN with the sacrifice of your tank , example : i saw how the game was going and the other team was going to push hard on the bridge , well my guys were to far away to stop them before they got to the other side and found cover , i pulled my t-29 out on the bridge side ways with 100% health and turned side ways making a road block   , turned my gun on them knowing i was going to die , i fired until they killed me , in short order i was dead , my team still not there yet , well a dead t-29 doesnt move very easy , they tried ( 5 of them ) but to no avail , then my boys showed up and found them all stacked up on the bridge , then killed all of them , i planned it that way , WE WON THE GAME , did i get a metal , hell no , all i got was a bill to pay for a broken tank , but my team won because of my actions , my reward was honor , and the guys saying thanks , never judge a book by its stats , Dday41 

ThominOH #60 Posted Jul 21 2014 - 10:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7676 battles

View PostLanterneRouge, on Jul 20 2014 - 19:17, said:

This is such a well worn and incorrect view. There are plenty of people who are successful at other things in life who care about their performance in a video game. I would argue that those accustomed to success in other things are more concerned with it in a game. 

I wasn't going to stoop this low but w/e. I care about video game performance. I qualified for the us open in swimming, did triathlons, successfully, cat 2 cyclist, sub 18min 5k. Anything I want to do wrt to sports I can do. In addition to being successful in my work life. 

Just get off the "can't be good at other things so is good at video games" wagon. 

Why DO you post here Thom? Every post is just "I don't care about the game". If you don't care, don't post. 

Lanterne - want to see my dd214 too?

Awwww did I hit a tender spot?   Who cares if you take gaming serious? I don't, but I do care that you try to push YOUR views on everyone else.. Why is it so hard for you to grasp that others don't play this game the way you do..  You sir are a very competitive alpha person that likes to strut their peacock feathers..  That is your gig, but don't expect others to adore or respect you, cause I sure don't..  When people online or in life have to go FISHING for respect or demand it, I seriously question their state of mind.. 

It's one thing to strive and shoot for a personal best, as I do it all the time, but I sure as hell don't post it or brag about it.. I see no need to do that.. It's called a personal best (PB) for a reason, it's personal and keep it there.. Good to hear you are a swimmer tho..  I used to swim the 200m IM, 100m breast, and both team relays in high school.. (4 event max).. Butterfly was my main stroke.. If it wasn't for golf, I probably would of done swimming in college, but oh well..  As for running, I always hated running, even tho I was good at it, I just hated it.. Even when I was in the service.. Wanna see my DD214?  lol

BTW: I was just playing some Diablo 3 yesterday for a bit, instead of tanking..  psssst. I'll let you in on a secret (whisper) "I have no clue if I'm good or bad or average, because I don't care".. he he

Edited by ThominOH, Jul 21 2014 - 10:47.

Also tagged with wn8, personal rating, WR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users